|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Urza's Legacy (ULG)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Viashino
(1)(Red), Tap: Destroy target artifact. Viashino Heretic deals damage to that artifact's controller equal to the artifact's converted mana cost.
|Have (8)||anonymausguy , mlouden03 , awalloftext , mymanpotsandpans , Kvothe1115 , mentor6 , MrCrazzyc , ironax|
|Want (44)||joshw335 , athix , coadster , Liquicitizen , Flame213 , snoopywashere , Tomasaa , CryAll , mgoodwi5 , Fullmetalmage , Commonomicon , MasterRoach117 , mtgtim , Chabert , itskevinmiller , bryanmochi , SupremeRNB , eleventhend , Korevana , zephyrmoth , dontjudgemyusername , XVicarious , colorfulsnailboy , Xz0mb13x91 , Vukodlak , obitus , kovellen , jkdhfgui , MstrbtnManatee , guimuave , chucklebot , Skydra2 , Schwiggity , Cunningcrow , Animale , jbriedis , Elphane , zomburs , tristanishappy , Dragonsound , THP88 , klokwurk , dtfer , kungfurabbi|
Viashino Heretic Discussion
1 month ago
Alright can definitely give you some ideas than Salinas29!
Since you are playing in large pods some cards that can definitely help you would be:
- Neheb, the Eternal - Highly recommend this card!
- Etali, Primal Storm - In multiplayer pods this card is devastating!
- Vial Smasher the Fierce - Great card all around.
- Viashino Heretic - This is if you play in a artifact heavy meta.
- Twilight Prophet - Card draw and damage, love this card a lot.
- Lobber Crew - Decent effect if you have a lot of multicolored spells.
- Pyrohemia - Semi board wipe effect but also cost reducer for you.
- Pestilence - Black version of above one.
- Sunbird's Invocation - Extremely fun card to play with.
- Sarkhan's Unsealing - Can get really nasty real quick, plus low cost.
- Fiery Confluence - All modes are relevant in this deck.
- Angrath, the Flame-Chained - Control and reducer, a bit high on CMC though.
- Chandra, Torch of Defiance - An all star, ramp, reducer, and card draw.
Now for the big creatures that can provide additional utility effects, here are some cards that can be considered:
- Conduit of Ruin - Allows you to grab creatures and additional cost reducer.
- Void Winnower - Hate piece and a big filthy creature.
- Steel Hellkite - Beater that can destroy a lot of good stuff.
- Combustible Gearhulk - Card Advantage (CA) or cost reducer, win/win.
- Sandstone Oracle - Hand refill on a stick.
- Garna, the Bloodflame - Semi recursion in case of a boardwipe.
Importantly as well is to have some early game plan, ramp, CA, and utility spells. Here are some cards that can be also considered.
- Rakdos Charm
- Blasphemous Act
- Chandra's Ignition
- Go for the Throat
- Chaos Warp
- Reforge the Soul
- Phyrexian Arena
- Dark Ritual
- Culling the Weak
- Sol Ring
- Fellwar Stone
- Talisman of Indulgence
- Commander's Sphere
- Chromatic Lantern
- Mass Hysteria
The best route if you want to inflict a lot of pain is going for the big Eldrazis but I won't list them as they are quite expensive even after the reprint in UMA. If you can pick them up than definitely go for it! They are absolutely filthy creatures that would make people cry :3
Aside from that feel free to ask for any additional help, I love helping people tune their decks!
3 months ago
For a sac outlet maybe consider Phyrexian Altar over Altar of Dementia. It costs more, but the mana may be more important than the mill. Also Semblance Anvil may be good in your deck. Exile an artifact creature under it, an all your creatures and artifacts cost less.
6 months ago
- Dosan the Falling Leaf - prevents casting on other player's turns
- Gaea's Herald - creatures can't be countered
- Leyline of Lifeforce - creature's can't be countered
- Price of Glory - destroy all lands tapped on other player's turns
- War's Toll - inhibits control strategies
- Choke - islands don't untap
- Autumn's Veil - practically protection from blue and black for one turn for all creatures
- Hammer Mage - artifact boardwipe every turn
- Viashino Heretic - targeted artifact removal every turn
- Molder Slug - hurts them more than it hurts you
- Vandalblast - a staple and for good reason
- Wave of Vitriol - kills all artifacts, and enchantments for good measure. Also ramps mana
- Arbor Colossus - large body with reach that can kill a flier
7 months ago
Fixing mana issues and other changes.
I always found Pilgrim's Eye to be kind of lame. I'm replacing it a Trophy Mage. It can search for Steel Golem, Burnished Hart, or Sunforger. A threat, a ramp-card, or the most powerful equipment in EDH. (I know this is kind of ironic, because Pilgrim's Eye, if it were to remain in the deck, could be tutored with Trophy Mage. But why would I do that?)
7 months ago
- Abrupt Decay out for Dawn Charm (more versatile)
- Sorin, Solemn Visitor out for Splinter Twin (extra way to combo with kiki-jiki)
- Sire Of Insanity out for Zealous Conscripts
- (more combo)
- Pyroblast out for Journey to Nowhere (more versatile)
- 1 Forest out for Cinder Glade(you need to be on three red mana to combo out so more red)
- 1 Forest out for 1 Mountain (you need to be on three red mana to combo out so more red)
- Reclamation Sage out for Viashino Heretic (the repeatably is worth the activation cost)
7 months ago
+1 Cool list, some of the one time burn creatures may be a little under powered in a 40 life format though.
I run a Mogis, God of Slaughter deck that runs pretty quick, might be worth a look if you like this play style.
Some mono red all stars in my deck are Kazuul, Tyrant of the Cliffs to keep people from swinging at you when you piss them off, Viashino Heretic for removal and more burn, and more punish enchantments like Manabarbs, Burning Earth, Spellshock and Citadel of Pain. Any of those I think would slot in nicely to this list.
8 months ago
More changes! More colorless creatures to windmill slam for free. Also, more direct damage to keep Rakdos leading the team to victory!
- Viashino Heretic -> Scuttling Doom Engine
- Hypnotic Specter -> Sandstone Oracle
- Thoughtseize -> Fanatical Firebrand
The loss of disruption against control players sucks a bit. These changes (and other recent changes) make the deck more consistent. I'll revisit anti-control tactics after I see how these changes turn out.
9 months ago
Have you considered Plague Spitter, Maga, Traitor to Mortals, Cryptborn Horror, Harvester of Souls, Mogis, God of Slaughter, Viashino Heretic, Bogardan Hellkite, Myojin of Infinite Rage, Myojin of Night's Reach, or Inferno Titan?
Also, Hammer of Purphoros for more haste?
Viashino Heretic occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.03%