|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Urza's Legacy (ULG)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Viashino
(1)(Red), Tap: Destroy target artifact. Viashino Heretic deals damage to that artifact's controller equal to the artifact's converted mana cost.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (3)||rockleemyhero , slemulv , Friedrice24|
|Want (16)||iscottboy123 , coadster , Liquicitizen , CryAll , dvoser , Blindoromo , Cunningcrow , king0fclubs , rakdos24 , diestoremoval , fumatto , itskevinmiller , zomburs , samuelianstorm , theilluminaire , RoninH3RO|
Viashino Heretic Discussion
1 month ago
- Dosan the Falling Leaf - prevents casting on other player's turns
- Gaea's Herald - creatures can't be countered
- Leyline of Lifeforce - creature's can't be countered
- Price of Glory - destroy all lands tapped on other player's turns
- War's Toll - inhibits control strategies
- Choke - islands don't untap
- Autumn's Veil - practically protection from blue and black for one turn for all creatures
- Hammer Mage - artifact boardwipe every turn
- Viashino Heretic - targeted artifact removal every turn
- Molder Slug - hurts them more than it hurts you
- Vandalblast - a staple and for good reason
- Wave of Vitriol - kills all artifacts, and enchantments for good measure. Also ramps mana
- Arbor Colossus - large body with reach that can kill a flier
2 months ago
Fixing mana issues and other changes.
I always found Pilgrim's Eye to be kind of lame. I'm replacing it a Trophy Mage. It can search for Steel Golem, Burnished Hart, or Sunforger. A threat, a ramp-card, or the most powerful equipment in EDH. (I know this is kind of ironic, because Pilgrim's Eye, if it were to remain in the deck, could be tutored with Trophy Mage. But why would I do that?)
2 months ago
- Abrupt Decay out for Dawn Charm (more versatile)
- Sorin, Solemn Visitor out for Splinter Twin (extra way to combo with kiki-jiki)
- Sire Of Insanity out for Zealous Conscripts
- (more combo)
- Pyroblast out for Journey to Nowhere (more versatile)
- 1 Forest out for Cinder Glade(you need to be on three red mana to combo out so more red)
- 1 Forest out for 1 Mountain (you need to be on three red mana to combo out so more red)
- Reclamation Sage out for Viashino Heretic (the repeatably is worth the activation cost)
2 months ago
+1 Cool list, some of the one time burn creatures may be a little under powered in a 40 life format though.
I run a Mogis, God of Slaughter deck that runs pretty quick, might be worth a look if you like this play style.
Some mono red all stars in my deck are Kazuul, Tyrant of the Cliffs to keep people from swinging at you when you piss them off, Viashino Heretic for removal and more burn, and more punish enchantments like Manabarbs, Burning Earth, Spellshock and Citadel of Pain. Any of those I think would slot in nicely to this list.
3 months ago
More changes! More colorless creatures to windmill slam for free. Also, more direct damage to keep Rakdos leading the team to victory!
- Viashino Heretic -> Scuttling Doom Engine
- Hypnotic Specter -> Sandstone Oracle
- Thoughtseize -> Fanatical Firebrand
The loss of disruption against control players sucks a bit. These changes (and other recent changes) make the deck more consistent. I'll revisit anti-control tactics after I see how these changes turn out.
4 months ago
Have you considered Plague Spitter, Maga, Traitor to Mortals, Cryptborn Horror, Harvester of Souls, Mogis, God of Slaughter, Viashino Heretic, Bogardan Hellkite, Myojin of Infinite Rage, Myojin of Night's Reach, or Inferno Titan?
Also, Hammer of Purphoros for more haste?
4 months ago
Jaddi? Not land focused
Beastmaster? Not fatty focused
Crown? Not wide enough
These cards are all slow, expensive, and make you a target. They are also redundant to Ruric Thar to some extent, which isn't bad, but it isn't copacetic to the plan.
What do these have in common? They're affordable, they're creatures and they ramp you to your fatties.
5 months ago
Hey, you asked me for more help. lupin5th's gave you good advice. Add pingers, cards that have an activated ability that can do damage to an opponent thus making them lose life. Letting you cast your Commander or reduce the CMC of a another creature to cast. Play cards that don't require you to spend any additional mana to make an opponent(s) lose life this way you can really benefit from reducing the CMC of a creature.
To expand on Lupin5th's suggestions consider adding these cards:
- Lobber Crew
- Nettle Drone
- Goblin Fireslinger
- Chandra, Fire of Kaladesh Flip
- Viashino Heretic
- Chandra, Torch of Defiance
- Vial Smasher the Fierce
- Sin Prodder
- Inferno Titan
- Mogis, God of Slaughter
It looks like you have a Demon theme here as the high end creatures, that's fine, but understand that you really need enablers, cards that can make your opponent's lose life before you can realistically play a large amount of these high CMC Demons.
Rakdos, Lord of Riots has double red in it's CC. You're not playing enough red sources in the manabase to consistently be able to play your Commander. 26x Swamps are not needed, you can cut a lot of these for some Mountains and more dual lands. All my suggestions are also red, some even have double red CCs, to include these cards you'll want a lot more red sources in the manabase.
Cards to consider cutting:
- Abhorrent Overlord
- Apocalypse Demon
- Havoc Demon
- Nefarox, Overlord of Grixis
- Shadowborn Demon
- Xathrid Demon
- Assault Suit
- Staff of the Death Magus
- Worn Powerstone
- Reign of the Pit