|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Dark Ascension (DKA)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Copy target instant or sorcery spell you control. If Increasing Vengeance was cast from a graveyard, copy that spell twice instead. You may choose new targets for the copies.
Flashback 3RR (You may cast this card from your graveyard for its flashback cost. Then exile it.)
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (15)||pskinn01 , Supremespeed , , _raeofsunlight , Yawkcorb , rockleemyhero , PTsmitty , ShishkyBob , Ashy , Kvothe1115 , accioali , Skydra2 , Unlife , mziter501 , LTmiller|
|Want (2)||Turtlelover73 , samuelianstorm|
Increasing Vengeance Discussion
1 week ago
That sounds pretty good! I actually have all those pieces in the deck already. maybe i run Quiet Speculation to fetch Increasing Vengeance + Devil's Play + Mystic Retrieval into the yard then mystic retrieval flashed back to return the devil's play or just play it from the yard and copy it twice with the Increasing Vengeance
1 week ago
I like Comet Storm with Increasing Vengeance. I normally can kill off the whole table once I have those. To tutor it up with Firemind's Foresight I typically get Mystical Tutor, Increasing Vengeance, and Cancel. I then use my Mystical Tutor to get Comet Storm right before I need it. Protects the combo a bit.
3 weeks ago
Questions/Suggestions spacefishben: These are mainly just alternative burn spells.Acidic Soil Cheap and doubles as a better Mana Geyser. Arcbond Not sure about this. Overloaded Lightning bolt? Fall of the Titans will always be cast for Surge in this deck.Quietus Spike If you want to equip Neheb since he has afflict too. Also how do you feel about copying stuff Increasing Vengeance or Reverberate for the x spells? I feel like Sin Prodder is risky and has a high chance of backfiring since most of the spells deal more damage than its CMC and they can send the X spells to the graveyard for 1 or 2 life.
I'm also wondering if we have enough mana rocks to be running 35 lands. Do you think we can take out like shock/tarfire or something for an extra mountain or two? I trust your judgment over mine though.
3 weeks ago
For big mana spells, I would reccomend Expropriate and Time Stretch. This deck could also use some copy spell effects like Reiterate or Increasing Vengeance to get even more value out of your big spells
1 month ago
OK, now for cuts:
- Howl of the Horde is only really good in a deck that youre going to be attacking a lot. 3 mana for a Fork is too much here.
- Talrand's Invocation likewise doesnt do a lot. 4 mana for 2 2/2 fliers is bad in EDH, and 6 mana for 4 2/2 fliers with Riku isnt great either.
- Telemin Performance just doesnt do a lot.
- world of war is also mainly only good in attacking decks, and most of your win conditions are combos.
- Fabricate is good, but you dont have a lot of artifacts that are critical to your deck.
- Chandra, the Firebrand is also pretty much a 4-mana Fork, which still isnt great here.
- Desertion is good, but its just too much mana for a counterspell.
- Hinder was mainly used when the tuck rule was still in effect, where you couldnt return you commander to the command zone if it got put into your deck somehow. Now, its become outdated. Same with Spell Crumple.
- Increasing Vengeance is good, and could very well belong here, but Im not a huge fan.
- Counterflux, Plasm Capture, Void Shatter and Voidslime are also fairly expensive for counterspells in a deck that isnt hard-control.
- Manalith is too easily outclassed by other mana rocks.
- Archaeomancer is possibly too much mana for the effect. This one is more of a personal preference, but it could very well belong here. Im just not a huge fan.
- Melek, Izzet Paragon is also too much mana for too little reward.
In case you didn't notice, there's a little bit of a theme with the above cards. None of them are bad cards, but in most cases, you're spending too much mana for an effect you can get much cheaper with another card. Or, some of them just don't belong in the typical Riku build.
Well, in any case, thats all I have for now. If youd like some other comments (perhaps youd rather not run so many infinite combos), feel absolutely free to comment on my wall again; Id be happy to make another pass. Enjoy!
2 months ago
Now for some cuts:Gamble is bad, and it will make you feel bad. If you want a tutor, you are better off using a cheap black one. Increasing Ambition is a card you can use for example. Cabal Ritual and Dark Ritual are only good for Torment of Hailfire and otherwise they suck in your deck. I'd only keep them if you want your wincon for your deck to be casting and copying cards with big effects like that such as in Cruel Ultimatum, Ribbons, or Exsanguinate, which you could make your wincon, but you'd have to change around your deck. Izzet Charm is a storm card, you don't want this. Secrets of the Dead is way too slow. Just putting in a Sire of Stagnation or something would be most of the time way more efficient.Jace's Sanctum, while not bad, should be replaced by a card coming in Ixalan, Primal Amulet.
I think that the biggest problem with this deck is that it doesn't know how to win. Control with Kess can win in two ways. 1. Infinite Combo (with Laboratory Maniac and Demonic Consultation, Kokusho, the Evening Star and Rite of Replication, or some variation of the Splinter Twin combo). 2. Winning off of either one-shotting or hitting hard over a few turns with cards like Torment of Hailfire that I mentioned before, preferably copying those spells with Increasing Vengeance or Reiterate. You could put an infinite mana combo using Palinchron and Deadeye Navigator in too if you want to go that route.
This should cover most of my complaints. If you still need more things to cut, you probably don't need so many one mana draw spells. They get worse the more there are in your deck. You should really only be using them for the occasional extra draw with Kess when you have nothing to do with her, so only keep the most efficient ones like Gitaxian Probe and Brainstorm, etc.
2 months ago
No, unfortunately that doesn't work. The only things a player can "control" are permanents on the battlefield and spells on the stack. Also, an object can only be a "spell" while it's on the stack. Increasing Vengeance can only target a spell currently on the stack, not a card in any other zone.
2 months ago
So I run Increasing Vengeance in my deck and I understand as instant, I can play Lightning Bolt and then copy it. But could I take Lightning Bolt in my graveyard and copy it?