|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander Anthology Vol. II (CM2)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Uncommon|
|MTG: Commander (CMD)||Uncommon|
|Duel Decks: Knights vs. Dragons (DDG)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Breath of Darigaaz
Kicker (You may pay an additional as you cast this spell.)
Breath of Darigaaz deals 1 damage to each creature without flying and each player. If this spell was kicked, it deals 4 damage to each creature without flying and each player instead.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (4)||thekingpinBR , Supremespeed , bpiser95 , frederiklw|
|Want (15)||MrSnake1733 , bluebird1234 , pphhaazzee , Suns_Champion , obitus , kuhlenick , Wizidross , Lazysaurus , Legendary_Shadow , marsp44 , TrackerD , Extrix , fluffymuffinz , popcornsmile , Raz0r_|
Breath of Darigaaz Discussion
4 months ago
Yeah, So...In the last 24 hours, I did a bunch of work on this deck, proxied a bunch of it up, took it for a spin in front of a goldfish bowl, and I discovered I needed to make some changes.
For one, I had too many kicker spells. They are easily the weakest part of the deck, vital and important that they may be. Two, I needed some card draw. Three, well, just some other thoughts that came to me while I was working...
Blood Clock - Breath of Darigaaz - Chandra's Ignition - Decimate - Keen Sense - Loxodon Warhammer - Momentous Fall - Opal Palace - Rishkar's Expertise - Sunbird's Invocation - Vigor(I want to try this, though it is the only expensive card I don't already own for the deck, it's worth more than the rest of what I don't have combined...)
Blessings of Nature(too many +1/+1 too fast makes too much of a target) - Cloudstone Curio - Gnarlid Pack - Grafted Exoskeleton(yes, it's a massive kill enabler, but also a massive kill me sign) - Grunn, the Lonely King - Horned Kavu - Increasing Savagery(see Blessings) - Skitter of Lizards - Thicket Elemental - Mountain - Forest
4 months ago
Crater's Claws instead of Red Sun's ZenithEarthquake is still good in this deck in addition to Subterranean Tremors . Maybe both?Flame Slash is cheap one-mana creature kill.Magmatic Insight Card draw?Breath of Darigaaz Burns the field, leaves your creatures and deals damage to opponent.Wheel of Fortune A beast of a card-draw spell, used when your hand is empty.The Flame of KeldDangerous Wager Card draw.Browbeat would actually work well here.Skullscorch something violent to do on turn 2.Pyroclasm Amazing, procs your dragon egg.Mizzium Mortars Yup, more burn.
5 months ago
If you're only keeping the best of your X burn and dropping the rest, then here's some ideas:
Fiery Confluence- it's reasonable enough without FaS, but with them, you can choose the deal 2 damage to each opponent mode three times. 6 damage to each opponent for only 2RR, and you gain 18, which isn't awful (well, it's more damage than Comet Storm did in my explanation at 9 mana lol, but Comet Storm is better at taking out specific creatures I suppose).
Depending on what your opponents play, Deflecting Palm may be worth a look. If they win by attacking with creatures or by using AEtherflux Reservoir (I saw a Grixis Storm deck lose to a Naya pile because the Naya pile had Deflecting Palm when Storm paid 150 to kill everyone. It was really amusing to see, though that doesn't mean the card is good). If everyone wins via alternate win methods like Laboratory Maniac and the like, then you may not want to use Palm.
Lightning Helix is better than what I mentioned above, by the way. It deals 9 damage and gains 6 life. You gain life from both lifelink and from the spell gaining you 3 life, so you'll get two FaS triggers. I wasn't thinking too hard about it when I spelled it out earlier.
Breath of Darigaaz might be worthwhile. 3R to deal 4 damage to each player/creature without flying seems reasonable.
Chaos Warp is reasonable removal for your colors. Sometimes your opponents might win big off of it, but if you're playing against decks low on creatures, then odds are they will hit a fair number of instants/sorceries and you'll have tucked an annoying card with no repercussion. I think you used to run it but now it's gone for one reason or another lol.
With the sheer number of instants/sorceries you run, it may be worthwhile to try out Mizzix's Mastery. Not so great with the X spells, but it'd let you re-cast removal, burn, etc., from the graveyard.
5 months ago
Thanks Spirit_Logan :)
BMHKain I want to say up front that I do not play cEDH, so some of my thoughts may be irrelevant or wrong.
I honestly doubt Fire & Sun can make it in cEDH. They're a great general, perhaps the best Boros has ever had, but Boros still doesn't have the draw and ramp power needed to consistently win turns 3, 4, and 5.
They also cost 6 to cast, which is a huge middle finger from wizards to Boros EDH players. Whatever. /end rant. Take opinions with grain of salt.
4) Probably not. You waste the creature-centric abilities and it's too slow of cEDh if I'm not mistaken.
7) with the curve at 2.55...33 maybe? Not sure, as a normal EDH player I don't go below 36 usually.
Not sure about the staple list... can you explain that further?
Again, not a competitive player by any means. Can't wait to see more brews for this awesome new commander!
here's mine if you haven't checked it out yet: Super Smash Boros | Firesong & Sunspeaker EDH
6 months ago
multimedia no worries! Thank you so so much for the help!
I checked out your elf deck, awesome coding! And is that Quenya from Lord of the Rings I see? Respect!
I was wondering if you'd be okay if I posted your comments and my following response on my deck page; I like to have everything in one place and the comments don't delete there as they do on the wall. let me know!
Now, to respond to all the suggestions! Again thank you for the advice!
First off I'd like to mention that I'm not a huge fan of most X-spells, and I wanted to stray away from them somewhat because I know that's what many people are going to to with F&S. I understand the value of X-spells with F&S is huge here, but they kinda need a ton of mana pumped into them, and I don't think Boros can consistently do that. In situations where I can't get Neheb, the Eternal to stick they become less effective, even if X = 10 and I gain 100+ life, it doesn't seem worth it to me because now I've just pissed off the other 3-5 players and will probably be crippled by the clapback. Second, I'm trying to focus on Sunforger and my combos a lot more, as I think that is what will make my deck stand out when all is said and done. So Combo/sunforger first, value/x-spells second. I don't want to strip stuff away from my Sunforger for more X-spells because I feel like I'll want Sunforger goodness more. So there's some thoughts that will hopefully explain my choices and why I will or won't take some of your suggestion :)
- Doubling Cube: I think you over value this somewhat. To make it produce 4 or more mana(making it better than just any mana rock), I already need 10 mana out. So that's a while before I feel it really benifits me. I'll test it though!
Earthquake, Rolling Earthquake: I think I covered these well enough. Again I want to emphasize that I just don't want them personally, and I know that X-spells are a great way to go with this commander. Will definitely keep them in the back of my head :)
Breath of Darigaaz, Hour of Devastation, Price of Progress, Acidic Soil: these are all great damage options, and I'll be testing them out along with all the ones I got in there now, like Flame Rift, Flamebreak, Fiery Confluence, etc. Time will tell which ones are the best.
Gamble: I'm gonna be straight up with you, I hate Gamble. I've used it and It's awful.
- Faithless Looting, Tormenting Voice, Wild Guess: All good draw options. I'll consider!
- Survival Cache: I really like this one, but the fact that it can't be Sunforged was holding it back over options like Ritual of Rejuvenation and Reviving Dose. Yeah I see the rebound but that's just my philosophy getting in the way of good cards lol.
Winds of Change: I don't consider this card draw, but rather card selection. I find wheels usually help my opponents more anyway.
Mark of Asylum: Yeah this is a good one that I should find room for.
- Furnace of Rath: Out due to aggro meta :(
Hopefully all that makes some sense.
Again I definitely see the reasoning for all of the suggestions. Just not the direction I want to go :)
- Expedition Map needed to grab Inventors' Fair and Mistveil Plains.
- Book of Rass mid/late game draw that's a good mana sink more Neheb and a huge lifegain payoff. Also part of my beloved janky combo :)
- Basilisk Collar figured I'd be nice to snipe some big creatures, but I suppose if I'm dealing enough damage in the first place that's not needed. Probable cut.
- Swiftfoot Boots I kinda need the protection. there won't be many creatures out wth me wiping the coard so much so my creatures will be big targets.
- Strionic Resonator Can probably be cut, your right.
Painter's Servant I want my janky value! :D
- Thalia's Lancers gets Neheb or Gisela
- Stonehewer Giant gets sunforger, can also be a sweet combat trick with enough mana; two to find sunforger and two more to use sunforger to cast a life saving spell. Still, he costs a lot so maybe he'll be cut.
- Brass Squire probably cut, but is really good with sunforger.
- Imperial Recruiter gets Treasonous Ogre, Weathered Wayfarer and Painter's Servant
- Weathered Wayfarer gets Inventors' Fair and Mistveil Plains. not sure if you've ever played Boros but this kind of stuff is necessary, trust me.
- Fire Servant probable cut. I agree.
Generator Servant But he's so goooood. Turn 4 hasty F&S. Total pet card.
Teferi's Protection - essential part of my sunforger package. Way too good to now use.
- Tithe - can get Mistveil Plains and helps me hit those land drops. This is usually the first Sunforger target just to get the M-Plains.
- Open the Armory gets sunforger. I need all the consistency I can get.
Again thank you so so so much for the advice! Let me know if I can post it on the deck.
I don't want you to think I don't appreciate all the help and suggestions, I really do! It's just that this time around I have a different vision for my deck that a lot of these can't fit into. Thanks again friend!
6 months ago
Hey Suns_Champion, I didn't forget about you, you asked for my help :) Playtesting outside of TappedOut and writing about the new Dominaria spoilers at Radiant Elves has taken up the majority of my time for Magic.
Your Super Smash Boros | Firesong & Sunspeaker EDH deck looks great, lots of good cards and interactions. Aetherflux Reservoir is a nice secondary strategy that doesn't completely need Firesong to be a win condition, but becomes much better with Firesong.
Some suggestions to consider:
- Doubling Cube: double all red, white and colorless mana in your mana pool, great with X damage burn spells.
- Thran Dynamo: combines very well with Cube, an excellent source of colorless mana the turn it ETB.
- Earthquake: win condition, X damage to all creatures and players
- Rolling Earthquake: win condition, X damage to all creatures and players, From the Vault: Annihilation version
- Breath of Darigaaz: 4 damage to all creatures and players for four mana kicked, doesn't kill 6 toughness Firesong
- Hour of Devastation: 5 damage to all creatures and Planeswalkers, doesn't kill 6 toughness Firesong
- Price of Progress: lots of damage to each player for two mana
- Acidic Soil: lots of damage to each player for three mana
- Gamble: unconditional tutor
- Faithless Looting: early game draw
- Tormenting Voice: early game draw
- Wild Guess: early game draw
- Survival Cache: draw that's good with all the life gain from Firesong
- Winds of Change: can draw a lot of cards for only one mana
- Reiterate: crazy spell with Cube and other ramp because of buyback, double an X damage burn spell
- Mark of Asylum: protect your creatures from your own burn spells especially Firesong
- Furnace of Rath: double the damage by burn spells, makes X damage to each creature and each player burn spells ridiculous, major life gain
Doubling Cube can double all white, red and colorless mana to cast huge X damage spells which can be amazing with Firesong. Cube is the card that can give you the ability to cast Firesong or Reservoir and other burn spells all in the same turn. In fact with Cube, Firesong and Earthquake you can go off doing a ton of damage to all players and gaining a lot of life the turn you play Firesong.
I suggest adding more X damage to all creatures and all players burn spells. I think the power you're looking for with Firesong is in these spells because they can massively hurt all your opponents and not you because of lifelink. These Earthquakes don't target which is huge for the mana cost because you're damaging all creature and players at the same time not just one. Comet Storm is one of these, but it's one of the higher mana cost options. I suggest adding more because these spells give you the most bang for the mana.
Reiterate and Cube is a great combination because you will have mana to buyback Reiterate which is really good with large burn spells and a main strategy of wanting to cast instants and sorceries.
Gamble is an amazing tutor in Commander because the graveyard is very much a resource in this format. I suggest adding more cheap draw.
Mark of Asylum is busted with Firesong you can be less afraid to cast any burn spell that damages all creatures because the spell will not do damage to Firesong, but it will do damage to every other creature you don't control gaining you a ton of life.
Cards to consider cutting:
- Expedition Map
- Book of Rass
- Basilisk Collar
- Swiftfoot Boots
- Strionic Resonator
- Hedron's Archive
- Painter's Servant
- Thalia's Lancers
- Stonehewer Giant
- Brass Squire
- Imperial Recruiter
- Weathered Wayfarer
- Fire Servant
- Generator Servant
- Teferi's Protection
- Open the Armory
I'm suggesting to add quite a few more burn spells that can damage all creatures therefore it makes sense to cut a large amount of creatures because they will consistently die to these spells. I think these burn spells are much more powerful with Firesong than these creatures are.
Good luck with your deck.
6 months ago
It's really unfortunate that Soulfire Grand Master is technically blue...
Suggestions! Since you are playing this very Neheb like, which is the most fun way to play it, I'll use my deck as reference so feel free to do the same. The Eternal Flame Of Surtur!
6 months ago
adds Slagstorm, Flame Rift, Tormenting Voice, Wild Guess, Chaos Warp, Strionic Resonator, Thermo-Alchemist, Faultline, Staff of Nin, Worn Powerstone, Commander's Sphere, Sensei's Divining Top, Rogue's Passage, Ramunap Ruins,
potential adds Recoup, Fork, Chandra, Flamecaller, Runehorn Hellkite, Knollspine Dragon, Past in Flames, Molten Psyche, Cryptolith Fragment Flip, Fanatic of Mogis, Charmbreaker Devils, Firebrand Archer, Wild Ricochet, Sizzle, Flamebreak, Breath of Darigaaz, By Force, Ruination, Darksteel Plate, Sword of Fire and Ice, Sword of War and Peace, Sword of Feast and Famine, Magebane Armor, Blood Moon,
cuts Mizzium Mortars, Rolling Earthquake, Solemn Simulacrum, Burnished Hart, Extraplanar Lens, Outpost Siege, Sulfuric Vortex, Magma Jet, Ravaging Blaze, Skullcrack, Starstorm, Thunderous Wrath, Scrying Sheets, Terrain Generator, and a Mountain, switch to basics.