If you control a commander, you may cast this card without paying its mana cost.
Exile target creature.
Printings View all
|Commander 2020 (C20)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Deadly Rollick Discussion
2 weeks ago
I do love me a Tribal Deck. Here's some of my thoughts.
Additionally, Cyclonic Rift is a classic, while Fierce Guardianship and Deadly Rollick are quickly becoming so. Lastly, Time Wipe, Cryptic Command, and Counterspell are some of my pet cards that seem decent here.
Hope I could be of some help, the deck looks super fun to play!
3 weeks ago
Changes for now -- REMOVED: Mikaeus, the Unhallowed, Cavern of Souls, Dreadhorde Invasion, Tombstone Stairwell, Tragic Slip, Ugin, the Ineffable, Awaken the Erstwhile, Bitter Ordeal, Whip of Erebos, Grimoire of the Dead
ADDED: Liliana's Standard Bearer, Bastion of Remembrance, Deadly Rollick, Nesting Grounds, Netherborn Altar, Ugin, the Spirit Dragon, Black Market, Bloodchief Ascension, Imperial Seal, Nightmare Shepherd
3 weeks ago
@PartyJ thanks for the comment; sorry it took me eons to answer!!
Forgotten Ancient good card. Went into elemental tribal deck
Guiltfeeder & Kheru Mind-Eater she'll only tolerate so many scary cards. My wife isnt into the gnarly stuff haha
Oketra the True I pack pulled an invocation and traded it away. I live with regret.
Rogue's Passage %@#& I absolutely have multiples floating around in binders n boxes. I'm embarrassed.
Shizo, Death's Storehouse might be worth buying
@McToters heck yea, I love the diversity. I totally understand the control aspect in groups of friends / multiplayer in general. Abzan has OPTIONS
@ you're not wrong! You dont mind boardwipes with that on the 'field. I just added Nethroi, Apex of Death, might be worth having both to help spam the board lol
I actually just made a bunch of updates to the deck. Foil Mothra, Deadly Rollick, and Mythos of Nethroi too. Trying to keep it updated. sad to see The Immortal Sun go. Hard cuts are hard. Peace!
3 weeks ago
Really cool list! Plying Greven is so much fun, if you one shot an opponent out of nothing with Hatred and stuff. Sadly he isn't a top tier cEDH commander, but he has so much flavour. But if you really want to play him on a cEDH table you need a bit more interaction:
- Pyroblast/Red Elemental Blast/Burnout/Trickbind instead of Not of This World
- Deadly Rollick/Deflecting Swat instead of Filth
- Toxic Deluge/Anger of the Gods
- Despark/Grasp of Fate instead of Go for the Throat
- Claim the Firstborn/Mark of Mutiny instead of Vengeful Firebrand
- Lupine Prototype instead of Inferno Hellion
4 weeks ago
Queen Marchesa is one of my favourite commanders of all time for a political build, so I do have some awesome new cards that I have added to my deck to suggest. Ruinous Ultimatum is a new excellent board wipe in Mardu, Savai Triome is a tapped Land that you can cycle and tutor for, Mythos of Snapdax, Bedevil, Chaos Warp, Despark, Generous Gift, Crush Contraband and Deadly Rollick are some pretty cool and unique removal. Arcane Signet, Smothering Tithe, Talisman of Hierarchy, Dockside Extortionist and Talisman of Conviction are ramp cards that has become a staple in almost any deck. For new political cards, I like to run Athreos the shroud veiled, Scheming Symmetry and Varchild, Betrayer of Kjeldor. If you have tokens in the deck, you need Teysa Karlov and Mentor of the Meek. Flawless Maneuver is some very effecient protection. If your focus in on humans, you can use General Kudro, Dire Tactics or Jirina Kudro. As for rule changes, Flash is now banned, a bummer if you play cEDH, Commanders now have death triggers, so if your commander is Child of Alara, you can put it back in the command zone and still destroy everything. The new companion mechanic has taken every format by storm, where you can have a 101st card that you have always access to if you meet a certain deck building requirement (Lutri, the Spellchaser is banned). This is what I struck me and what I remembered in the past magic years, welcome back to our glorious format :).
4 weeks ago
Cool budget list! Here's some inspiration you could play: To improve your ramp you should play Wayfarer's Bauble!, Terrain Generator, Mind Stone!, Worn Powerstone! and/or Dark Ritual/Mana Geyser/Seething Song. Good carddraw: Phyrexian Arena!, Sign in Blood!, Light Up the Stage, Ob Nixilis Reignited, Read the Bones/Syphon Mind! And another totally underated card is Mayhem Devil with fetch lands like Bloodstained Mire or Evolving Wilds/Terramorphic Expanse/Grixis Panorama. Other cool cards: Geier Reach Sanitarium, Mikokoro, Center of the Sea, Pyroblast, Syr Konrad, the Grim! & Rakdos Charm! Non Budget options: Chandra, Torch of Defiance, Deadly Rollick, Deflecting Swat, Dockside Extortionist, Kolaghan's Command, Fire Covenant, Fiery Confluence, Toxic Deluge & Blasphemous Act
4 weeks ago
Ok, let's start with ramp. I think running 33 lands is good, but you need plenty of early ramp, luckily, there are lots of why to ramp in .
- I always start with all the signets and talismans that I can run, like Golgari Signet and Talisman of Curiosity
- Added to that list might also be Arcane Signet and Fellwar Stone
- Next are the three one-drop enchantments that should go in every green deck, Wild Growth, Utopia Sprawl, and Carpet of Flowers.
- While new, Titans' Nest has been really good. It ramps, removes unwanted cards from the graveyard, and provides a bit of card advantage.
All told, that's 10-11 cards of pure value, most of which are less than a dollar. Next is card draw. Blue and Black have some fantastic card draw. While I prefer cantrip because they are better for finding combos, the door is wide open. I'll list some go-tos below from cheapest to more expensive.
- I run Frantic Search in most decks because it's good, but any deck that wants cards in the yard needs one. Careful Study and Cephalid Coliseum
- You are already running Dig Through Time; you might consider Treasure Cruise too
- Wheel effects too, very good if you want cards in the yard, think Windfall and Whispering Madness.
- If you want similar effects, Echo of Eons is good (a little pricier). Also, it helps restock your deck.
- Again, cantrips like Ponder, Preordain, and Brainstorm are great for digging for specific cards.
- The top tier (but most expensive) are Sylvan Library, Rhystic Study, and Necropotence. Hard to beat but pricy
Now, let's talk about interaction and removal.
- If you want catch-all interaction, Hero's Downfall, Counterspell, and Disallow are great places to start.
- Nature's Claim is also great. Four life isn't really a lot.
- Depending on the meta Arcane Denial and Delay are really good.
- I also have a soft spot for Mindbreak Trap.
- Free counterspell and removal are always good, perhaps some of the new ones like Fierce Guardianship and Deadly Rollick
- The door is pretty wide open here too.
I'm not going to talk about the mana base for now. This is where the bill will quickly add up. I'd be more than happen to talk about it, though. Solid mana bases for EDH are a passion of mine. Once you buy the pieces for a good mana base in a color combo, you don't really need to do it again (unless you play a lot of these colors).
I that's a lot, but I hope it helps!!
1 month ago
The new free spells are worth a slot if you can get your hands on them. Deadly Rollick, Fierce Guardianship, and Deflecting Swat are the best of the cycle. Deadly Rollick is obviously the least useful here.
Aura Shards is still a house even in cEDH so use it.
If you're playing Ad Nauseam you might as well include Angel's Grace so you can go all the way or stop an opponent from winning via Lab Man effects.
Thought Seize is still not worth it in EDH. It's a 1 for 1 and 2 opponents lost nothing also you are on the side of the mana deficit for the spell so it's not even as useful as a counter spell. It doesn't exile and graveyards are just second hands in EDH.
Approach of the Second Sun is a really clunky cEDh wincon. It's like a plan D of your wincons so I feel like you could put more interaction or protection for your current wincons in it's place.