|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Whisper, Blood Liturgist
Legendary Creature — Human Cleric
, Sacrifice two creatures: Return target creature card from your graveyard to the battlefield.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Latest as Commander
Whisper, Blood Liturgist Discussion
2 days ago
Welcome to the fun ZagorkaForPresident!
Some additional creatures that can be useful would be cards like Apprentice Necromancer or Whisper, Blood Liturgist to add in more additional effects. More sac outlets wouldn't hurt as well! Some cards to consider for outlets are like Viscera Seer , Yahenni, Undying Partisan , Altar of Dementia , or even Ashnod's Altar / Phyrexian Altar !
Hope that helps!
6 days ago
You might want some more sac outlets such as Blood Divination and Thallid Soothsayer for more card draw or Whisper, Blood Liturgist and Vraska, Golgari Queen for value. You could also try Izoni, Thousand-Eyed, but that would stretch your manabase a bit
1 week ago
Here are some budget cards that are in my pile to build something similar:
Oversold Cemetery -recursion.
Smothering Abomination card draw.
Ravenous Chupacabra fun in funeral when repeayed.
Whisper, Blood Liturgist recursion that triggers death triggers two times.
Helm of Possession board control - I have left it untapped with tokens as a deterrent to being attacked.
Dawn of the Dead recursion - remember to sac the creature before end of turn.
Ogre Slumlord let's make tokens fun again.
Wonder flying is great for the whole family(team).
Priest of the Blood Rite cast, get 5/5 token, sac, repeat.
Shriekmaw removal that's good with creature recursion
Duplicant exiles indestructible creatures.
Torgaar, Famine Incarnate - for the opponent who likes to get way too much life.
Hope something in this list is helpful. Also Noxious Gearhulk might be good in the deck, but is not in my pile as I don't have an extra one ATM.
1 week ago
Alesha, Who Smiles at Death is off colour. Her identity counts as black, red, and white, which won't work for a Rakdos deck. Maybe Grenzo, Dungeon Warden? Whisper, Blood Liturgist or Hell's Caretaker could take her slot, too.
3 weeks ago
I'm really enjoying the idea of this deck! The only things that I have qualms with right now is the lack of sacrifice fodder and the lack of surveil effects. I think this may stem from a conflict of interests. The deck seems to be trying to capitalize on both it's milling/surveiling effects (Disinformation Campaign) and the fact that it sacrifices creatures (Open the Graves).
This becomes problematic in that the focus of the deck is now split. Think about it this way, I'm going to state what the focus of the deck is and you can determine whether that's the direction that the deck is going or not:
Surveil The Grave aims to use the mechanic of surveil to pitch large creatures into the graveyard, and then return them to the battlefield using recursion. The primary engine for recursion is the use of Reassembling Skeleton and Whisper, Blood Liturgist.
The key here is that sacraficing creatures with Whisper is just a method to achieve the goal of the deck so all other cards should serve to further the goal of the deck (Doom Whisperer) rather than try to capitalize on a side effect of the deck's engine (Open the Graves, Midnight Reaper)
In theory you can sacrifice the creatures you're recurring after their ETB trigger goes off but why would you want to sac such a nice body after you put in all of the work to get it out? Additionally something I would watch out for is return to hand effects like Macabre Waltz. Because they return to the hand, you'll still have to cast them, so you're not actually cheating out a creature early, you're simply searching out that card earlier and getting it into your hand when it otherwise wouldn't be.
Overall I think the deck is going in an excellent direction, it just needs a little fine tuning! I'll leave a few suggestions for cards I think could work well below, best of luck!
1 month ago
xander11 No problem!
Hmm Protean Hulk is a hard one as you want to find the right balance between reanimation targets as well as cmc curve. As much as I like Seasons Past it can be a doable swap. Either that or Whisper, Blood Liturgist.
I'm not too sure how your meta is like but I hope this helps!
1 month ago
Hey EsperPanorama, thanks for the suggestions!
I'm starting to realize just how right you are. The deck does need a bit more to it for the late game. I run a Sadistic Hypnotist in my Teysa deck and it turns out I have another to spare!
I pulled Animation Module, Ghostly Prison, Chromatic Lantern, Reliquary Tower, and Darksteel Plate. I replaced them with Unburial Rites, Sadistic Hypnotist, Immortal Servitude, and Orzhov Cluestone. I don't have Reanimate, but I may drop Raise Dead for Whisper, Blood Liturgist
Endrek Sahr, Master Breeder is a great card that can pull his own quite well and I may have to find a slot for him.
1 month ago
Hey moldycrow83 here are some other suggestions. They have a high cmc but I think you really need to have some cards to carry you through the end game if you run out of gas with creature spells.
- Endrek Sahr, Master Breeder can be especially good if you have a sac outlet and can sacrifice thrulls in response to the trigger
- I first thought about including Shirei, Shizo's Caretaker but you do not run that many one power creatures. Maybe Athreos, God of Passage or Mikaeus, the Unhallowed serve you better. If you stick to non-token creatures you might want to reuse them.
- Coat of Arms is another piece that buffs your vampires in addition to Cathars' Crusade
- A personal favorite of mine is Sadistic Hypnotist. It's a total beast in destroying control players if you have enough creatures for sacrificing. Another addition to deliver a punch in the late game.
- Depending on your need to swing with all your tokens for the win it might be good to make them virtually unblockable. I utilize Cover of Darkness in my Edgar Markov deck for this.
- Whisper, Blood Liturgist can get you Elenda out of the graveyard which is paramount for your strategy.
Here are some potential cuts in your current list you might want to consider:
- Animation Module You do not have a strong counter theme in the deck. The synergy with Cathars' Crusade are excellent but you need to have both in play which might not happen consistently enough.
- Ghostly Prison You should have a lot of small creatures to throw in front of incoming attacks to not need the aditional protection of it.
- I am not a big fan of Darksteel Plate for five mana it is quite expensive. Maybe you are better of using this card slot to add in another reanimator spell to make your reanimation more consistent in case Elenda dies.