|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Rare|
|Planechase 2012 Edition (PC2)||Rare|
|Duel Decks: Elspeth vs. Tezzeret (DDF)||Rare|
|Shards of Alara (ALA)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Master of Etherium
Artifact Creature — Vedalken Wizard
Master of Etherium's power and toughness are each equal to the number of artifacts you control.
Other artifact creatures you control get +1/+1.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (31)||ZombieFood , xXThormentXx , Antiat , knto , , frederiklw , Vergil_Redgrail , jaustinhowald , Lucretian , Clawsun73 , Vasbear1 , gosora , kaboomeow , Venser_the_Sojoner , 8vomit , 2austin5 , mziter501 , Swamy , MoJoMiXuP , Pumpkinking913 , mycheze , Dimarx , ExaByteOctopus , VGJustice , , angesoir , Wiggins , firemind12 , Riku580 , Justinaut , Espi14|
|Want (15)||Tortuous_TG18 , Hootiequack , kvfd1719 , DarthMeatloaf , Ize19 , B1ad3 , Linx1550 , xander025 , swarlelion , dhanson , philktoken8998 , Cunningcrow , CAPTAINxCOOKIES , WizardOfOzzy , Blue_Otaku_No.1|
Master of Etherium Discussion
1 week ago
Ok just got into the format heavily and I'm trying to spread three love it's my new favorite way to play. No Master of Etherium?
1 month ago
Cards to try out:
1 month ago
What about Jhoira's Familiar for discounted artifacts (a bit out of curve maybe)?
Enter the Infinite could be a way to set up a victory.
Metalwork Colossus can easily be dropped for zero and can also be recycled for the yard.
Mycosynth Golem can easily be dropped down on the field and if it's dropped down, it means all your remaining artifacts cost zero.
Master of Etherium it's always a fat boy and pumps any eventual creature you got on the field.
Hope it helps!
1 month ago
Nice one Inanity, appreciate the shout out.
Firstly, more mana rocks are in order. Azorius Signet, Commander's Sphere, Mind Stone, and Talisman of Progress are all good at what they do. There are more out there for sure, take your pick and add 4-5.
Karn, Scion of Urza would be explosive in that type of build. Master of Etherium is the model creature I would shove in this deck. Cards similar to it are remarkably synergistic, and spiral out of control quickly, even more so at instant speed!
Admittedly I don't have much experience with artifact decks, I haven't tried building one. I would encourage to you check out the artifact theme page on EDHrec, it might give you some ideas.
I also think this deck needs more card draw. Otherwise I can imagine you're gonna run out of fuel more often than not. Impulse, Brainstorm, Mind's Eye, you know as well as me UW has plenty of draw options.
As for what cards to cut, that is much harder to say. If you like my suggested direction, I would first build a list of cards you want to add, then go through your list here in this deck's current version and see what cards will/won't work with the additions.
1 month ago
- I didn't want to include Muzzio, Visionary Architect because he felt a little too reliant on luck, and he's a non-artifact card, so I'll always be forced to hard cast him. He's definitely good, I just don't want to run discount Arcum Dagsson.
- Honden of Seeing Winds is five mana for "draw one card on your next turn," and even that draw isn't guaranteed (considering the number of things that could happen in one turn cycle by the time I can cast this card). Consistent draw like this can be quite convenient, but cards like Reverse Engineer are typically more than enough at that mana cost.
- Master of Etherium is out of budget.
- Thopter Assembly has now replaced Thopter Spy Network, thanks.
- Darksteel Forge is quite far out of budget, but is an auto-include when I do obtain it.
- Jhoira's Toolbox does not "regenerate everything," it regenerates one thing, which is quite a big difference for a card that isn't doing much else. I'll consider it if my artifacts draw a lot of hate.
- Buried Ruin has been added.
- Scrap Trawler was cut because it seemed like I wouldn't need that much recursion, but your mileage may vary. If your janky artifact decks draw a lot of hate or your meta is saturated with sweepers, Scrap Trawler might be a wise inclusion. It also works well with sacrifice outlets and strategies more common in red artifact decks from cards like Goblin Welder.
- The other artifact lands produce mana outside my commander's color identity and are therefore illegal. Imprinting Seat of the Synod onto Prototype Portal is something I didn't think about though. Neat.
- Vizier of Many Faces is a little too out of theme for me. Duplicant would be great if it was in budget.
1 month ago
Hi! I always wanted to build a deck like yours, but I already have a Breya deck so, I never did it (here it is btw Ovewhelming Machines).
I'd suggest some cards out of you'd get good use imo.
Cranial Plating!!!! Must have. Like super budget face-beater.
Honden of Seeing Winds Good passive draw.
Master of Etherium is Lord effect + huge boi
Thopter Assembly it's 5 thopters after one turn, if you're behind
Darksteel Forge indestructible. And you have a lot of ramp, so 9 mana isn't a problem.
Jhoira's Toolbox regenerates everything.
Buried Ruin why isn't already in?
Scrap Trawler everything can have recursion built in.
And at last, if you like artifact synergy (I bet you do), you can also add the remaining four artifact lands, since they are colorless (they are lands). They would only produce colorless mana, but they're still artifacts, so they untap with Unwinding Clock, can be impressed on Prototype Portal, etc.
Happy brewing! (Hope I didn't write something you already knew of).
1 month ago
I will concede that lightning bolt will kill humans if no Thalia's Lieutenant is afoot.
However after various humans the following are the most played creatures in modern, in this order: Scavenging Ooze, Tarmogoyf, Birds of Paradise, Tireless Tracker, Tasigur, the Golden Fang, Gurmag Angler, Thought-Knot Seer, Bloodghast, Hollow One, Reality Smasher, Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger, Arcbound Ravager, Etched Champion, Flamewake Phoenix, Ornithopter, Signal Pest, Vault Skirge, Memnite, Steel Overseer, Courser of Kruphix, Goblin Guide, Matter Reshaper, Wurmcoil Engine, Master of Etherium...etc.
So out of those 24 creatures it can kill, like what? 9 of them? and a not insignificant amount of these cards are just enablers like Birds of Paradise, Goblin Guide, or various cheapo artifacts - yeah its great if you can remove them before the opponent is established.
But there is one thing that is even better, if the same spell you could use to kill these enablers would also hit the power cards they let the opponent play. Since in that case, the card actually does something if you topdeck it later.
Oh yeah it can go to face, tell that to Wurmcoil Engine...
Wouldn't Path to Exile do the job better? ...i mean do the job at all. If it can't remove relevant creatures its not a removal spell - if its very conditional its a bad removal spell.
3 months ago
You have Smuggler's Copter already, what does Sky Skiff add? You aren't going to be attacking in with it till about turn 3, so Aethersphere Harvester might be a better option for being bigger and not dying to Bolt or an unrevolted Fatal Push.
Fleetwheel Cruiser is also probably better than Ovalchase Dragster because it can attack straight away without crewing, and doesn't trade with the ambush viper cards seeing play like Snapcaster Mage and similar. It also plays better with Saheeli Rai.
Ornithopter doesn't do anything in this deck without a lot of support, you aren't trying to enable a turn 1 Mox Opal, or using Cranial Plating, so you are probably better running something else, such as bomat carrier.