Artifact Creature — Myr
: Add to your mana pool.
|Want (2)||Etinifni , The_Raging_Bagel|
Printings View all
|Scars of Mirrodin (SOM)||Common|
|Duel Decks: Elspeth vs. Tezzeret (DDF)||Common|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Silver Myr occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.02%
Silver Myr Discussion
1 month ago
3 months ago
Parce que c'est plus facile l'écrire ici:
Je couperais de ta liste présente Gold Myr , Silver Myr , Palladium Myr , All That Glitters et Ethereal Armor . Je sais que tu voulais garder un peu de voltron, mais je ne pense pas que ça serait une si bonne idée finalement vu la direction que tu prends pour le deck d'abuser les tokens.
3 months ago
Hey, good job for your first Commander deck. Nice Tezzeret the Seeker :)
When on a budget for the manabase it's better to rely on basic lands and dual lands that have interaction with basic lands. These can replace dual lands that will always ETB (enter the battlefield) tapped such as Azorius Guildgate and Dismal Backwater . The Guildgates and Life lands are not better than a basic land.
Lands within the budget to consider adding:
- Caves of Koilos
- Spire of Industry
- Arcane Sanctum
- Ash Barrens
- Sunken Hollow
- Prairie Stream
- Port Town
- Choked Estuary
- Buried Ruin
Land to consider cutting:
- Azorius Guildgate
- Dimir Guildgate
- Dismal Backwater
- Scoured Barrens
- Tranquil Cove
- Jwar Isle Refuge
- Vivid Creek
- Dimir Aqueduct
- Temple of Deceit
- Temple of Silence
I see too many creatures that don't interact with Alela. Nonartifact/enchantment creatures don't have much interaction with Alela. My advice is cut a lot of these creatures for more artifacts, artifact creatures and enchantments. You have Tezzeret that's a good reason to expand on artifacts.
Lots of mana rocks are good with Alela because they can be used to make ramp to play her faster and then after she's on the battlefield they can create Faeries. I see you have the Signets already which is great, but consider more budget mana rocks?
Three drop mana rocks such as Coalition Relic which you have are fine, but if you can replace a three drop mana rock such as Obelisk of Esper , Mana Geode with a one or two drop mana rock then this will help your deck.
Consider cutting the creature base down to only a few? Keep: Strix, Architect, Shimmer Myr, Simulacrum, Assembly, Master, Seer, Rider, Titan? Can then replace the other creatures with more artifacts/enchantments to make more interaction with Alela.
Cards within the budget to consider adding:
- Etherium Sculptor
- Foundry Inspector
- Silver Myr
- Sai, Master Thopterist
- Bident of Thassa
- Throne of the God-Pharaoh
- Cranial Plating
- Mirrodin Besieged
- Scrap Trawler
- Junk Diver
- Sharuum the Hegemon
- Nihil Spellbomb
- Wayfarer's Bauble
- Conjurer's Bauble
- Manifold Key
Etherium Sculptor and Foundry Inspector are good as low mana cost artifacts that reduce the mana cost of all other artifacts you cast. CMC artifacts are free for you to cast with one of these on the battlefield which can help to chain cast artifacts and make a lot of Faeries. Casting two drop mana rocks for is also good. Sai, Master Thopterist and Mirrodin Besieged are three drops that any artifact you cast after creates an artifact creature token.
If you're wanting to attack with a large Faerie/Thopter army then Bident of Thassa and Cranial Plating are cards that you want. Bident can be busted repeatable draw with attacking flying creatures. Cranial is good to equip to Alela since she has flying and the damage she does to a player is Commander damage. Throne of the God-Pharaoh is a deceptively powerful two drop artifact with Faeries. The life loss this can do will add up fast since it's repeatable at your end step making all your opponents lose life not just one.
Good luck with your deck.
4 months ago
I would recomend losing the focus on tap lands and look more at mana rocks/dorks (maybe even some fetches) for color fixing. It will be hard to storm off with only getting one mana a turn. With the Clock of Omens every rock and dork counts as at least 1 and 1/2 mana. Astral Cornucopia and Everflowing Chalice would work well for rocks. For dorks the tried-and-true Hedron Crawler , Silver Myr , Iron Myr , and Plague Myr
For creature you could look at Riddlesmith (to double on draw engine), Artificer's Assistant (to fix drawing and avoid mana flood), and maybe even Mirror Image to copy a creature for a little extra value. ( Mirror of the Forebears would be a better pick over Mirror Image if you have it)
For mana I would do basics over tap lands every day of the week. If you can get cards like Steam Vents that come in untapped more power to you. Mana Severance is a high risk high reward card that would synergize great with storm.
I love the build though, these are just suggestions and ideas. I have over half the decklist in my cart on TCG now! Keep up the good work!!
4 months ago
There are actually quite a few along those lines (excluding the creatures that tap for one of any color or one of any color a land could produce/untap land):
U/G that tap for U/G:
U/G that taps for mana:
G that tapps for U/G/X:
Taps for U:
I'm sure there are more
6 months ago
I don't know if you will ever see this again or need it because it is such a late response, but it is best to put in 2 cost or lower artifacts to get that easy card draw from Jhoira.The main way the deck should win is to draw out all your cards. You'll need Laboratory Maniac and Jace, Wielder of Mysteries to do this. then just pretty much load up your deck with mana rock artifacts such as Manakin or Silver Myr . Lastly, you'll need some counterspells and some artifacts that are really good, such as Aetherflux Reservoir . Oh, and you will definitely need cost reduction creatures/artifacts. The ones I use are Semblance Anvil , Etherium Sculptor , Jhoira's Familiar , Herald of Kozilek , and Foundry Inspector . A couple of infinite/ win combos you can use would be: Dramatic Reversal and Isochron Scepter . Those two require you to tap two mana to cast a copy of dramatic reversal, so if you tap two of your artifact mana rocks, you can untap all your artifacts. Ancestral Statue can also bounce itself back to your hand, so if you have enough cost reduction to make it free, you basically draw unlimited cards until you win.
6 months ago
I find some of these choices pretty questionable.
Let's go through what you're obviously trying to do.
- Golem's Heart gives you one life for one spell cast. I don't see know this helping much unless you are going straight for the Aetherflux Reservoir win-con. Even still, it's not very valuable. Staff of the Mind Magus isn't much better either.
- Zuran Orb seems like a good choice if you are really going for that Reservoir.
- I think you need to keep in mind you're playing a multiplayer format and the win-con itself isn't really a win-con unless you can gain stupid amounts of life (not something you're going to be able to do effectively in mono-blue), because you won't survive after paying 50 life to kill one player.
Next is your mana.
- You honestly don't need Command Tower , you only use Blue. It counts as a non-basic land and is subject to more removal.
- You have a lot of vanilla 0-drops. These are good as mana rocks if you have Urza out, and entirely useless if you don't (the moxen are fine). Look for more 1-drops that generate value.
- Guild Globe is a mana fixer that gives slight card advantage. Since you're running mono-blue, this thing is only valuable for the one time draw and possibly sac with the ironworks.
- Silver Myr is an alright option if you happen to need mana and are without Urza, but Palladium Myr is a more solid option.
This deck is lacking in control spells.
I see 2 counters and one of them is very conditional. I don't see your cruiser surviving long enough to actually do anything.
Since you're going for tokens, you should seek out more token generators. Look into myrs and station cycle.
In addition, you can also go for flicker or blink in order to spam Urza's Constructs.
I don't see why you would ever want Magosi, the Waterveil in a deck like this, especially without anything that grants Flash. That's just asking for death.
I won't suggest any cards because I'm not you, so I don't know what you want to put in here, but this deck seems all over the place and I think the reason you're "getting hated out of games" is due to this fact.
The most important thing of all, though...
Why is this called Cheerios?
6 months ago
Changing to all your Island s to Snow-Covered Island s is a good idea, if you want to keep the Extraplanar Lens . I don't think it's good enough, though. It costs you a land to imprint when it comes in, meaning it is fundamentally a source of card advantage. And, especially if you're the only one benefiting from Extraplanar Lens due to snow shenanigans, it has a massive target on its face and will usually be removed fast. That has been my experience with the card -- if yours is different, disregard this part of my comment.
With regard to the cutting of mass removal, I think it is an idea in the right direction. However, I think removal in general isn't a bad idea. I think you should be buying time in the early game until your general comes down, trying to avoid getting killed. Spot removal like Winds of Rebuke , Chain of Vapor , Cyclonic Rift , Rapid Hybridization and Reality Shift are all worth considering. Bounce has an interesting bonus in that it often wastes an opponent's turn to recast whatever you bounced. Most of these spells are less mana than Nevinyrral's Disk , All Is Dust , etc., which means they shouldn't compete with casting your general too often. Theoretically, you'd turn 1 - 2.5 ramp, turn 3 - 4 ramp/remove, turn 5+ cast general and try to win. Notice that this brings up one of the issues with mono-blue: removal, at least in a permanent sense like Swords to Plowshares , is relatively hard to come by.
With regard to cuts, I think it's worth thinking of the tutors as 'Wild Cards.' Tutors act as any combo piece they can fetch -- for instance, Muddle the Mixture can be thought of as a slower copy of either Isochron Scepter OR Dramatic Reversal . Seeing the tutors in this light helps show that you only really need to run one or two loops, as drawing the 'second part' of the combo becomes more and more likely with more and more tutors.
If you want to run the Dramatic Scepter combo, I suggest cutting a bunch of the Palinchron loops. Palinchron is a huge spell to cast, meaning it is difficult to cast. Running Isochron Scepter with Dramatic Reversal and another infinite-mana combo (I suggest Grand Architect with Pili-Pala or Basalt Monolith with Rings of Brighthearth ) is likely enough, and all these combos are less mana intense than the Palinchron loops.
Cuts I suggest are as follows:
- Thwart : Both costs on this card are prohibitive. Leaving four mana up in order to hardcast it means using four less mana on your turn, which can leave a major dent in your available resources. Returning three Island s is the antithesis of ramp, and sets you way back.
- Rite of Replication : Unless I am missing something, this is in the deck for value. However, it is nine mana to cast in a way that is better than Stunt Double , and because tokens stop existing when they're bounced, the creature it makes is less durable than other Clone effects. Rite of Replication is a good card, but I don't think it is good enough to make it in a cEDH deck.
- Heartstone : This is a card I'm not sure either way about. Once you make infinite mana, its cost-reducing effect is irrelevant; before, it may be worse than just a Ponder or Preordain . Depending on how often you want to use a non-combo win, it may be worth cutting. Playtesting will iron this out.
- Swiftfoot Boots : I don't think you need both this AND Lightning Greaves . I think Lightning Greaves is straight better, if only because it costs no mana to equip.
- Darksteel Forge : By the time you've gotten to nine-mana, you should be threatening to win the game any turn. If this is meant to make your blockers better-off in combat, Propaganda is a straight better choice.
- Treasure Mage : If you take my advise and go with combo pieces with lower costs, this card won't fetch enough to justify its inclusion.
- Alloy Myr : In this list, Alloy Myr is just a worse Silver Myr .
- Ring of Three Wishes : The tutors I suggested are much cheaper than this card. Five mana to cast and five to activate is too much, most of the time; you'd be better off with Whir of Invention , which has the added bonus of being instant-speed.