Creature — Djinn
Whenever you cast a spell, return target permanent to its owner's hand.
|Have (2)||, orzhov_is_relatively_okay819|
Combos Browse all
- Mana Vault + Sol Ring + Tidespout Tyrant
- Rite of Replication + Tidespout Tyrant
- Everflowing Chalice + Sol Ring + Tidespout Tyrant
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Tidespout Tyrant Discussion
4 days ago
Have you considered Mind's Desire? With Tidespout Tyrant on the battlefield, you can bounce two 0-drop artifacts (e.g Mana Crypt and Mox Opal) to create an infinite storm count, then cast your entire deck. You wouldn't need the Dramatic Reversal + Isochron Scepter combo.
2 weeks ago
No, it would not. Kinnan does not cast the creature, he simply puts it onto the battlefield. If an ability casts a spell it will specifically use the word "cast" or it will use the word "play" (as a verb) if it can cast spells or allow you to play a land for turn. Isochron Scepter, Knowledge Pool, and Bolas's Citadel are examples of abilities that would trigger Tidespout Tyrant.
HairsofBears on None
2 weeks ago
4 weeks ago
Works well with so many things but many of the lists I'm seeing have been some form of Polymorph into Tidespout Tyrant. Partner, Strong colors available, versatile in the sense that it makes a lot of other cards usful and has combo potential - it has all the things a teir 1 deck should.
3 months ago
I had an Alela variant of this deck for a while and it worked pretty well. Having access to white gives you better access to bounce effects but I found that Wydwen just worked better. I may need to find room for a lotus field in this deck though. I didn't know it existed and Pestermite is a less vulnerable wincon than cloud of faeries.
If you're running Alela I've found that Tidespout Tyrant in that deck is just as powerful as it is in this deck. It's really easy to go infinite with high efficiency mana rocks like Sol Ring or just having two zero costing artifacts with that out.
3 months ago
I don't really understand the need for elf tokens, as Lonis only triggers on non-token creatures. Could you explain?
I like the general shell though. Here are some cards to consider:
Have fun with the deck.
4 months ago
The best way to keep from dying so quickly is to kill everyone else faster. To that end, consider:
- More wheel spells such as Dark Deal , Molten Psyche , Reforge the Soul , and Wheel of Fortune (budget permitting).
- Glistening Oil to provide another source of Infect (you'll kill them with wheels before the negative effect takes your Nekusar off the field).
- Dangerous combos that synergize with your deck strategy. Bloodchief Ascension is easy to activate with your commander and combos with Mindcrank to produce infinite mill. Curiosity is dangerous when placed on Nekusar, and can create a loop when placed on Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind (who also combos well with your commander).
Second way to keep from losing: Better control.
- You are in Blue and should be running more counterspells.
- You should have more spot removal that can destroy problematic cards.
- Helm of the Ghastlord combos with Nekusar and a wheel to lock opponents out of the game (they can only play instants before the Ghastlord triggers resolve and cause them to discard every card they ever draw).
- Sigil of Sleep on Nekusar turns each wheel into a mini-Cyclonic Rift.
Add more ramp artifacts so you can get online quicker and fire off multiple wheels per turn.
Add Library of Leng - it allows you to use wheels to engineer a better hand by sending to graveyard what you do not need and keeping what you do.
Finally, you should reduce your average CMC substantially. A lot of your high-costed cards do not have particularly useful synergies to your deck--they might be decent cards in a vacuum, but they really are not great with your particular strategy. Plague Wind , Tidespout Tyrant , all of your 5-mana spells, all of your seven-mana spells, Rise from the Tides , and Roil Elemental are all things you can cut to make room for more synergistic options.
6 months ago
Kinnan is my cEDH deck. So I’ll divulge lots of the strategies. You’ll want to stop the infinite mana, but there’s a lot of ways that it does infinite mana. Mainly, just 2 categories. Storm off with Tidespout Tyrant or Isochron Scepter / Lithoform Engine with Dramatic Reversal and mana positive mana rocks or do infinite untaps with Freed from the Real , Pemmin's Aura or Basalt Monolith . With the introduction out of the way, let’s talk interaction. The best would be Null Rod type effects. You can’t run Cursed Totem sadly given your commander. Cheap enchantment or artifact removal is also good. Heartwood Storyteller prevents them from storming off easily. So would Damping Sphere . Grafdigger's Cage could work. Although it is narrow, if the only infinite mana outlet they have is Kinnan, they won’t be able to use his ability. It also stops Chord, Finale, and Green Sun’s Zenith.