Ajani, Strength of the Pride
Legendary Planeswalker — Ajani
+1: You gain life equal to the number of creatures you control plus the number of planeswalkers you control.
-2: Create a 2/2 white Cat Soldier creature token named Ajani's Pridemate with "Whenever you gain life, put a +1/+1 counter on Ajani's Pridemate."
0: If you have at least 15 life more than your starting life total, exile Ajani, Strength of the Pride and each artifact and creature your opponents control.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Ajani, Strength of the Pride Discussion
3 weeks ago
Your deck is like a classic Soul Sisters. On these last years, some new good stuff came to improve this deck. I'm obligated to recommend you some cards:
- Ranger-Captain of Eos: Like Ranger of Eos, but exchange card advantage for 1 less mana and some sort of control buying you a turn against some combos, like Gifts Storm and Ad Nauseam decks, for example. Good to sidedeck, but you can also run some copies on main deck along with the original Ranger of Eos.
- Voice of the Blessed: As soon as possible, exchange all your Ajani's Pridemate, especially because it's a monowhite Soulsisters, unless you're playing it on Selesnya variants. Obvious reasons.
- Ajani, Strength of the Pride: The best planeswalker for Soul sisters, by the way. His first and last loyalty abilities are really helpful, also his second loyalty ability gives "Ajani's Pridemate" tokens. An unsanswered Ajani can win some games, so if possible, run 2 or 3 copies.
- Castle Ardenvale: Land with token generation. Good especially on late game (issues as card advantage for short hands, no spells remaining and/or mana flood).
Some other stuff too:
- Daxos, Blessed by the Sun: Another soul-like card. Lifegain events are triggered both when creatures ETB or dies, for 1 more mana and is legendary. Like Auriok Champion, it won't die to Lightning Bolt.
- Solitude: An alternative to Path to Exile and Swords to Plowshares.
- Path of Bravery or Force of Virtue: Alternatives for Honor of the Pure.
xlebec on Life Force
1 month ago
- 3x Authority of the Consuls
- 2x Bloodchief's Thirst
- 4x Voice of the Blessed
- 2x Infernal Grasp
- 3x Skyclave Apparition
- 3x Vito, Thorn of the Dusk Rose
- 2x Ajani, Strength of the Pride
- 2x Bloodthirsty Aerialist
- 2x Murderous Rider
- 1x Castle Ardenvale
- 1x Teferi's Protection
- 4x Vampire of the Dire Moon
- 3x Gods Willing
- 3x Hallowed Priest
2 months ago
I like the deck, but you're missing a lot of my favorite token deck cards. Here's a list worth perusing. It's a long list, and I wouldn't expect that you could find room for all of them. Just something to give you some ideas to think about.
Also, if you already have any of these on your list and I didn't notice, I apologize.
The only other thing I might mention would be Monologue Tax, which would be useful the way that you have your list set up.
6 months ago
Looks cool,my opinion:
make sure to draw a line between non-lifegain angels deck and lifegain angels deck and streamline it into one direction. There are a lot of cards that support both, but if you combine both archetypes into one deck, you will end up with a so called split-personality-deck that suffers a lot in power.
- Have you tried Heliod, Sun-Crowned , Ajani, Strength of the Pride , Serra the Benevolent , Dawn of Hope , Nyx-Fleece Ram , Fountain of Renewal , The Book of Exalted Deeds
7 months ago
Ahhh, hello again Omniscience_is_life. I feel like you’ve seen me through most of the big changes in this deck and I am always happy to hear your input.
Monologue Tax has honestly done it’s job really well. It ramps me or keeps other players pace slower and I can benefit a lot from both. I think it’s gonna stick around for now.
My initial thought on cutting Elspeth Tirel is “BLASPHEMY!!” and I wanted to counter with cutting Skyclave Apparition instead, But when I think about it more, you make a valid point. Skyclave is more versatile removal, and i’ve cut so much artifact/enchantment removal in recent iterations, I really do need it. Between Elspeth and Ajani, Strength of the Pride she is definitely the weaker of the two. I will try cutting her. I think 3 board wipes is still sufficient.
As for flash/instant speed bounce, i might just drop a plains and slot Winding Canyons back in. Canyons, Emergence Zone , and the redundancy of fetching them with Weathered Wayfarer or Expedition Map should be plenty. Although I do still have a Vedalken Orrery laying around from Oketra’s early days.
8 months ago
Maybe Ajani, Strength of the Pride may be useful? Nice lifegainer, you would take advantage of the token’s ability too and last option is very powerful and pretty easy to achieve in your deck
8 months ago
Omniscience_is_life maybe. Angelic Chorus gets insane though. 1 creature cast ends up making 10+ life with oketra and the soul sisters. Running out of spots of things that feel like they can be dropped. Maybe a board wipe? I have 5, but each lends it’s own benefit outside of wiping the board.
Winds of Abandon is one sided
Fumigate gains me tons of life
Dusk recurs my most needed creatures afterwards
Not sure which is weakest....
9 months ago
Ajani, Strength of the Pride one sided board wipe, lifegain, and can create tokens that grow.