Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Ajani, Strength of the Pride
Legendary Planeswalker — Ajani
+1: You gain life equal to the number of creatures you control plus the number of planeswalkers you control.
-2: Create a 2/2 white Cat Soldier creature token named Ajani's Pridemate with "Whenever you gain life, put a +1/+1 counter on Ajani's Pridemate."
0: If you have at least 15 life more than your starting life total, exile Ajani, Strength of the Pride and each artifact and creature your opponents control.
1 month ago
Bravo_Christian this deck is kinda all over the place with what its looking to accomplish. you have 6 drops and are running tapped AND bounce lands that dont really do a whole lot until the following turn. Even those big drops dont win you the game when they do finally get played. I would consider a more succinct plan. Soul sisters do well when their life total gets above 30 and if your plan is to stay above 30 and then ground and pound, i would focus on that.
Martyr of Sands and Serra Ascendant are cheap cards that can help you accomplish that goal. cut your super expensive planeswalkers as they dont help you win right when they hit and are causing a huge burden on your mana base. planeswalkers are fine, i personally love them, but if they arent an immediate threat then your opponent isnt going to care about them and they didnt really do anything anyway.
i would say if youre absolutely hellbent on playing planeswalkers than pick some that are a cheaper and more effective. such as Ajani, Caller of the Pride or Ajani, Strength of the Pride or even Ajani, Adversary of Tyrants and then you can compliment him with a planewalker thats going to pump out creature tokens like Elspeth, Sun's Nemesis. I think your curve should max at out 4 and in order to play your cards effectively youre going to need to run atleast 24 lands. i also think Brimaz, King of Oreskos could help with the gameplan, hes a big body with vigilance and puts more creatures out.
i apologize if this came off as harsh, i just think youll have a more fun, more effective time being able to cast efficient and effective spells during your games. hope this helps a little bit.
2 months ago
So I am really digging this deck but, I see you have the same issue that most mono white decks have which is card draw. A few cards that you might want to consider to help on the draw front are, Sigarda's Splendor, Cosmos Elixir, Rogue's Gloves and,Mask of Memory. I have personally found the last two equipments work really well in my angel deck as your creatures already have evasion.
From the creature front here are a few creatures I would condsider adding:
- Speaker of the Heavens Not an angel but a really strong one drop in a deck like this.
- Serra Avenger is a super strong two drop angel and would help to lower your overall curve.
- Angel of Finality is really good graveyard hate against graveyard decks.
- Angel of Jubilation is not only an anthem for this deck but will shutdown any aristocrats strategy.
- Herald of War can be a good option to help lower your mana cost in this deck if you can find ways to reliably give it +1/+1 counters.
- Radiant, Archangel don't sleep on this card because she get +1/+1 for each other creature with flying on the battlefield. Radiant can quickly become a 10/10 or bigger with little effort from you. The vigilance is icing on the cake.
- Angelic Skirmisher is better than she looks because you get to choose which ability you give your creatures each combat.
- Angel of Vitality would be a really strong angel in your deck. Not only will she be a 3 mana 4/4 angel most games but she also will make every source in your deck that gains you life gain you an additional life. That extra lifegain will add up really fast.
A few other cards you might want to consider:
- Basilisk Collar is a cheap equipment that gives Lyra Deathtouch. Deathtouth and First Strike are a really good combo and would stop people from attacking into your board if Lyra is untapped.
- Bonders' Enclave basically a second War Room in your deck.
- Path of Ancestry you are in a tribal deck so why not scry when you play your angels?
- Ajani, Strength of the Pride don't think of him as a planeswalker in your deck, most cases he is going to be a 4 mana onesided boardwipe. Even if you can't ultimate him as soon as he comes down the other two abilities are still very relevant in your deck.
- Sword of the Animist is a really strong card in general but, in this deck it can become consistant ramp.
- Keeper of the Accord if you have never played with him he can quickly pull you back into the game if you have been missing land drops. I have had games where I play him and by my next turn I have 3 additional plains in play. Plus the first ability that makes tokens can make relevant blockers.
- Mangara, the Diplomat is really good white card draw plus he has the bonus of having lifelink which is useful in this deck.
- Eiganjo, Seat of the Empire replace a plains with this card. At worst it is a plains but, othertimes it can become a clutch removal spell.
- Emeria's Call Flip I would replace one of your plains with this card as well. At worst it is a plains that you have to pay 3 life to have it come in untapped but, when you don't need the land it is a 7 mana make two 4/4 angels which is pure upside in this deck.
- Starnheim Unleashed at worst this is a 4 mana Serra Angel which is already a better rate than a lot of your angels in this deck but, if you Foretell it then this card can single handedly win you the game.
Lastly you have a lot of 7 and 8 mana drop angels in this deck and unless they are actively winning you the game as soon as they come down then I would consider removing them. Think about it, for the same mana as Akroma, Angel of Wrath I could play Insurrection which can win me the game as soon as the spell resolves. That being said Insurrection is not even a spell that I actively play due to it costing so much mana. Just food for thought as I would personally consider removing some of your bigger angels for some of the lower costed angels I listed above as it would help to smooth out your curve and make your games more consistent.
Still really cool deck!
3 months ago
You could look at other planeswalkers too, but this Ajani seems to stand out the most.
3 months ago
Also, I might consider some more token generators as tokens are a thing white does well which can also support your lifegain cards. Adeline, Resplendent Cathar is very good, as are Hero of Bladehold, Brimaz, King of Oreskos, and Leonin Warleader, which makes tokens with lifegain. More tokens equals more triggers from your soul sisters or fuel for powerhouses like Eldrazi Monument.
4 months ago
Legion's Landing Flip This card is good in white decks since they need ram, your in green so it doesn't matter nearly as much. Dawn of Hope is another card good in white bad in green (even with the synergy) and the same with Cosmos Elixir.
Some good card draw for your deck would be cards like Greater Good, Rishkar's Expertise, Momentous Fall, and Life's Legacy these all work very well with a big creature strategy and especially well with cards like Ajani's Pridemate or a less budget option Ajani, Strength of the Pride.
Greens most powerful attribute is its land ramp due to it being very hard to interact with. Unless you are running a three-drop commander that you really need out right away you shouldn't be relying on mana dorks. Cards like Harrow, Three Visits, and Primal Growth are exemplary due to getting untapped lands while still being on curve for a four-mana commander. Cards such as Rampant Growth or Roiling Regrowth are still good but come with the downside of getting tapped lands.
I also personally like Wild Growth and Utopia Sprawl although they aren't actually land ramp, they can be used with Arbor Elf (one of the only man dorks that I would still suggest running) to get even more value.
6 months ago
Your deck is like a classic Soul Sisters. On these last years, some new good stuff came to improve this deck. I'm obligated to recommend you some cards:
- Ranger-Captain of Eos: Like Ranger of Eos, but exchange card advantage for 1 less mana and some sort of control buying you a turn against some combos, like Gifts Storm and Ad Nauseam decks, for example. Good to sidedeck, but you can also run some copies on main deck along with the original Ranger of Eos.
- Voice of the Blessed: As soon as possible, exchange all your Ajani's Pridemate, especially because it's a monowhite Soulsisters, unless you're playing it on Selesnya variants. Obvious reasons.
- Ajani, Strength of the Pride: The best planeswalker for Soul sisters, by the way. His first and last loyalty abilities are really helpful, also his second loyalty ability gives "Ajani's Pridemate" tokens. An unsanswered Ajani can win some games, so if possible, run 2 or 3 copies.
- Castle Ardenvale: Land with token generation. Good especially on late game (issues as card advantage for short hands, no spells remaining and/or mana flood).
Some other stuff too:
- Daxos, Blessed by the Sun: Another soul-like card. Lifegain events are triggered both when creatures ETB or dies, for 1 more mana and is legendary. Like Auriok Champion, it won't die to Lightning Bolt.
- Solitude: An alternative to Path to Exile and Swords to Plowshares.
- Path of Bravery or Force of Virtue: Alternatives for Honor of the Pure.
xlebec on Life Force
6 months ago
- 3x Authority of the Consuls
- 2x Bloodchief's Thirst
- 4x Voice of the Blessed
- 2x Infernal Grasp
- 3x Skyclave Apparition
- 3x Vito, Thorn of the Dusk Rose
- 2x Ajani, Strength of the Pride
- 2x Bloodthirsty Aerialist
- 2x Murderous Rider
- 1x Castle Ardenvale
- 1x Teferi's Protection
- 4x Vampire of the Dire Moon
- 3x Gods Willing
- 3x Hallowed Priest
8 months ago
I like the deck, but you're missing a lot of my favorite token deck cards. Here's a list worth perusing. It's a long list, and I wouldn't expect that you could find room for all of them. Just something to give you some ideas to think about.
Also, if you already have any of these on your list and I didn't notice, I apologize.
The only other thing I might mention would be Monologue Tax, which would be useful the way that you have your list set up.