Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Suspend 2— (Rather than cast this card from your hand, pay and exile this with two time counters. At the beginning of your upkeep, remove a time counter. When the last is removed, cast this without paying this card's mana cost.)
Search your library for a card, put that card into your hand, then shuffle your library.
3 months ago
Hello! Not sure if you still work with this deck or have been checking out the newest slivers, but I have other cards to throw out there for consideration.
Realmwalker - Gives knowledge and lets you cast about half your deck from the top.
Nameless Inversion - This is decent removal that still cascades as it is similar to Crib Swap. Just an idea if you wanted more of those... You could cascade right before your turn for the pseudo power nine (or cards below) to make your next turn more explosive than anyone might have expected.
3 months ago
Diabolic Intent and Profane Tutor were both tested in this build. kmall3170 found that she likes having the option to not rely on being forced into sacrificing and she also finds Profane to be too slow. There are moments that you need to use Grim Tutor to tutor for answers in tight situations where your field is empty, so she ultimately settld on Grim. I do appreciate the suggestion though!
5 months ago
I would joke about "how can it be a Stax deck without Smokestack", but that's separate, and instead I'll offer up some possibly evil advice:
- Teferi's Puzzle Box or any wheel effect (like Echo of Eons) is obnoxious with Narset, Parter of Veils or Notion Thief. You could also go for Alms Collector for extra obnoxiousness.
- Raffine's Tower is a fetchable tri-land, so highly recommended. Not sure what your budget is, but other handy lands include Reflecting Pool, Field of the Dead (if you can swap out some lands for snow lands), Mana Confluence, Temple of the False God, the Fetches on-color (or even Prismatic Vista or Fabled Passage if you're basic-heavy). If you're basic heavy, maybe go for Back to Basics if you know there are lots of non-basic lands running around...
- In terms of Teferi's Protection comboing, why not Sunder?
- For removal, I highly recommend Vindicate and Anguished Unmaking. Elspeth Conquers Death is pinpoint plus reanimation, which can be handy. Cyclonic Rift is really quite pricey (surprisingly), but an excellent nuke.
- As for stealing opponents' things, I can suggest Commandeer, Desertion, Gonti, Lord of Luxury, Telemin Performance... you could also use things like Silent-Blade Oni, Ink-Eyes, Servant of Oni, and Fallen Shinobi for extra stealing fun, but given that they're Ninjas, they don't work as well without a dedicated Ninja strategy.
- Thalia, Heretic Cathar is another fun "Stax" card, as is Authority of the Consuls.
- Tutors are awesome (Demonic Tutor, Vampiric Tutor, Enlightened Tutor, Mystical Tutor, Profane Tutor, Lim-Dul's Vault...), but not sure which ones you have ready access to. I also recommend Expedition Map to help get more lands.
- For some card draw, Teferi, Time Raveler, Sphinx's Revelation, and Fact or Fiction might be worth considering.
5 months ago
Also i pulled some cards that were interesting to me atleast
Break the Ice this one seemed really useful to me
6 months ago
Balvron Thanks, man! Happy to help, really.
So the core of the / presence in the deck should be devoted to Dorks, Ramp and Tutors so that you can quickly get the deck engine up and running. Getting your commander on the field and geared up as quickly as possible is everything in this new context. Some cheaper options for Tutors are Diabolic Tutor, Profane Tutor, Mastermind's Acquisition and Increasing Ambition. I'd really recommend just biting the bullet and slotting in the more efficient ones like Demonic Tutor, Vampiric Tutor, Diabolic Intent & Wishclaw Talisman though. Cheaper card draw options like Phyrexian Arena & Dark Tutelage are also pretty solid. Necropotence, Black Market Connections & Dark Confidant are up there, but worth it.
The only thing you need for is for card draw and interaction, with a few key Proliferate pieces that you'll be able to Tutor for when the time is right. Spells like Brainstorm, Ponder, Tolarian Winds, Impulse, Preordain & Serum Visions provide decent gas for cheap. Classics like Counterspell, Delay, Negate, & Dispel protect your game plan. Flux Channeler & Tekuthal, Inquiry Dominus are probably the only Proliferate pieces you'll need, but I'd Throw a Serum Snare in there too. Mystical Tutor, Rhystic Study & Mystic Remora are always nice to have as well.
The few things you'll need for here is to Tutor up gear for your Commander with cards like Enlightened Tutor, Idyllic Tutor, Steelshaper's Gift & Open the Armory, and occasionally control the board with Swords to Plowshares or Path to Exile. I'd also recommend some Stax pieces like Silence, Grand Abolisher, Smothering Tithe, Esper Sentinel, Archivist of Oghma & Drannith Magistrate for good measure, & some more Commander protection with Mother of Runes & Giver of Runes.
6 months ago
drader Hey man! So here are my suggestions:
Number one, I think you need way more mana dorks. Arbor Elf, Llanowar Elves, Fyndhorn Elves, Elvish Mystic,Elves of Deep Shadow & Deathrite Shaman are all great options. Other cards like Farseek, Nature's Lore, Three Visits, Dark Ritual & Culling the Weak are also always great to have access to.
I know they can get expensive, but a few Tutors are essential for a smooth game plan. A few cheaper options are Diabolic Tutor, Profane Tutor, Time of Need, Beseech the Queen & Shared Summons. Diabolic Intent & Worldly Tutor are also relatively cheap due to recent print runs.
Let me know how you feel about these recommendations!