|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Whenever an instant or sorcery spell is cast during your turn, Sentinel Tower deals damage to target creature, player or planeswalker equal to 1 plus the number of instant and sorcery spells cast before that spell this turn.
Sentinel Tower Discussion
2 weeks ago
I would take out Jaces Sanctum for Helm of Awakening , Rhystic Study for Mystic Remora , Cathartic Reunion for Wheel of Fortune , Tormenting Voice for Faithless Looting . Careful Study for Windfall and the Willwalker for an Aetherflux Reservoir or Sentinel Tower .
Probably a few more counters too
3 weeks ago
Sweet! Also from Battlebond, Sentinel Tower looks interesting. And I played a Volcanic Offering in my spellslinger deck too, and was able to copy it 6+ times. It was fun as shit watching everyone try to play nice with each other while they plan how they're gonna take me out haha
1 month ago
- Because spellslinger decks don't run that many creatures, you're probably going to need a few more board wipes. Perhaps Cyclonic Rift (don't hate me), Evacuation , Descent of the Dragons , Star of Extinction , or Volcanic Vision .
- If you're going to run cards like Everflowing Chalice , Hedron Archive , Mind Stone , and Temple of the False God , I would suggest running more X-spells. Cards such as Curse of the Swine , Molten Disaster , Starstorm , Epic Experiment , and Jaya's Immolating Inferno would give you more board wipe options, as well as explosive izzet shinanigans.
- Sentinel Tower is really only worth it if you was to storm out.
- I wouldn't recommend running Psychosis Crawler unless you want to focus on card draw. Same goes for Windfall . In this deck, Windfall does cause peripheral effect to occur, such as Locus God or Niv-Mizzet triggers. You would need to be playing against a deck with a lot of card draw, otherwise you might only be helping your opponents since you will probably be drawing more than them. I see that you have some cards with triggers bases on card draw, but since they are not your commander, there is no guarantee you will see them during a game.
- Overall, it seems like you are a little stuck between wheel, storm, and spellslinging. Personally, I think Jori En is bested suited for spellslinging. Baby's first Izzet deck. I'm so proud of you!
3 months ago
Really, unless you can win instantly after casting Enter the Infinite (Lotus Petal into Rite of Flame into Desperate Ritual into Seething Song into Mana Crypt into Mana Vault into Sol Ring into Zealous Conscripts+Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker, etc.) don't run it.
Leyline of Anticipation, Metallurgic Summonings, Omniscience, Stolen Strategy, Sunbird's Invocation, Swarm Intelligence, Mirari, Sentinel Tower, Swiftfoot Boots, Vedalken Orrery, Arcane Melee, Enhanced Surveillance, Jace's Sanctum, The Mirari Conjecture, Traumatize, Rise from the Tides, Crystal Shard, Expedition Map, Erratic Portal, Mana Cylix, Beacon Bolt, Stolen Identity, Laboratory Maniac, Melek, Izzet Paragon, Nivix Guildmage, Galvanoth, Echo Mage, Archaeomancer, Battle Hymn, and Fury Storm need to go, they don't do nearly enough.
Up next on the chopping board are every extra turn spell and every 'copy' effect, whether copying a creature/permanent or spell. It needs to go. Past in Flames is about all like that that is necessary. I feel Inner Fire is particularly bad... there are more cards to consider dropping think Jace's Sanctum, the Electromancer and Baral, but for now, their okay.
3 months ago
i would recommend Dig Through Time and Soothsaying for the filtration. I would reccomend Swan Song for countermagic Swarm Intelligence Sentinel Tower and Aetherflux Reservoir for storming off and Proteus Staff to order your deck to hit those odd bombs for yennet. also Mana Severance helps with the charbelcher
3 months ago
Day's Undoing seems bad beacause you just want one super sick turn so ending it not ideal. The extra turn cards are not actually super good because storm count doesn't carry over across extra turns. Turnabout and Palinchron are like free storm count that make high tide insane, palinchron gives you infinite storm count with lands and a mana doubler. Mana Flare is basically another high tide. Seething Song is the best red ritual. Sentinel Tower is another wincon, so are Grapeshot, Empty the Warrens, and Temporal Fissure.
4 months ago
Neither artifact will trigger retroactively. If you've cast three instants/sorceries (and nothing else) so far this turn, then play either artifact, and then cast the next instant/sorcery, both artifacts will check your count at that point.
Aetherflux Reservoir sees that you've cast a total of 5 spells (3 before it, plus the Reservoir, plus the next spell) and you will gain 5 life.
Sentinel Tower will see that you've cast 3 instants/sorceries before the most recent, and deal 4 damage to your chosen target.
4 months ago
Suppose I have a storm count of 3. I cast either one of those cards. Then, the next instant or sorcery I cast would trigger either one.
My question is that do either of the artifacts check the spells cast before it (So you'd gain 15 life from Reservoir or deal 6 damage with the Tower)? Or do they check the spells once it's in play?
Sentinel Tower occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.0%