|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Gain control of target creature with converted mana cost X or less. (This effect doesn't end at end of turn.)
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
3 months ago
The buyback spells are alot of value, like Fanning the Flames, Shattering Pulse, and Spell Burst. They all need 4-5 experience counters to get going, but then you can start doing things with your excess mana every turn. The best one is probably Whispers of the Muse. With 5 experience counters you can pay a blue mana to draw a card as many times as you like at instant speed.
I also like Dominate to steal opponents creatures.
Check out my deck if you'd like: Mizzix the Spellslinger
3 months ago
Okay, let's get some Jedi Caves and Murky monsters in here. Jorubai Murk Lurkers are definitely in the swamps of Dagobah, and though it's cold, I'm pretty sure the Ice Cave is a great place to send a training Jedi to face their fears. Rhystic Cave can help with of color sources on a budget and can put a crimp in the plans of someone who tapped out to play a spell to end the game when you have the Ice Cave out.
I am still confused as to how Steal/Clone has anything to do with the swamp planet of Dagobah, but let's look at some sweet cloning cards. Altered Ego, Stunt Double, Clever Impersonator, Mirror Match, Mirror Mockery, Spitting Image, and Stolen Identity all come to mind for varying degrees of cloning. I really like the Mirror cards because they directly oppose your opponents in an interesting fashion, discourage attacking you, and might let you actually use your opponent's ETB triggers if they're not careful.
For stealing, we've got Aethersnatch for spells, Chamber of Manipulation, Dominate, Domineering Will, Helm of Possession, Overtaker, Rags / Riches, Reins of Power. Thalakos Deceiver, Tolarian Entrancer, Treacherous Urge, Willbreaker, and Soul Seizer Flip to get at their creatures.
For the list now, I'd actually just purge everything over $5 to get a better sense of what you actually want in the deck, drop most of the reanimation right now since you're focusing more on cloning and stealing rather than reanimating, you can see about stealing creatures out of graveyards later. Deadeye Navigator just needs to go as well, since that card is just too good and will probably get you killed with little to no actual benefit.
If you still want to run Villainous Wealth get some of the best, cheapest ramp G and B have to offer like Zendikar Resurgent, Myriad Landscape, Blighted Woodland, and the ilk since that won't break your budget like some of the alternatives. Skirge Familiar can turn excess cards into mana, which can make your Tasigur cheaper too, and there are always the U free spells which you can bounce if you put bouncers in the deck) without having to fork out the cash for Palinchron
Another cool way to trim down your budget is to just not run some of the typical staples. Like, completely forget about Sol Ring and Lightning Greaves they're just not going to be worth the effort like Fellwar Stone, Corrupted Grafstone, or even, as much as I dislike them personally, Signets in the colors you need most.
Also, do be careful with Notion Thief, and this goes with other player's stolen creatures too, you'll need to make sure to have some sac outlets. Evolutionary Leap, High Market, any number of black creatures that have that as a cost, would be worth it if they have an effect that you can leverage into usability.
So...all in all, I know that's a lot, but hope it helps even a little bit.
6 months ago
This is very cool.
Have you tested with Animist's Awakening, Biomass Mutation, Dominate, Gelatinous Genesis, Genesis Wave, Hooded Hydra, Lifeblood Hydra, Nourishing Shoal, Primordial Hydra, Protean Hydra, Pull from Tomorrow, Strength of the Tajuru, or Vastwood Hydra?
8 months ago
Yes, Rampaging Ferocidon sees the other creatures enter and triggers 24 times (not 25, because it does say "another"). Your opponent will only take 20 damage, because once they hit 0 life they'll lose the game and exile the other 4 triggers still on the stack. They'll also lose control of any permanents they gained control of, such as if they Dominated one of your creatures, then all creatures they still control that they don't own (because the creature entered the battlefield under their control, such as your Rampaging Ferocidon that got reanimated by Grimoire of the Dead) will be exiled.
9 months ago
800.4d If an object that would be owned by a player who has left the game would be created in any zone, it isn't created. If a triggered ability that would be controlled by a player who has left the game would be put onto the stack, it isn't put on the stack.
So, nothing really. No creature gets destroyed.
What happens when the player controlling Phyrexian Bloodstock loses the game does depend on how they came to control it though. If they control it because they own the card and played it, it leaves the table with them. If they controlled it because they put it onto the battlefield with something like Bribery it gets exiled. If they controlled it because they stole it with something like Dominate it gets returned to whoever should have controlled it.
9 months ago
Note that this is only the case if the creature entered under another player's control. If it was stolen with something like Dominate it will instead be returned to whoever would have controlled it (probably it's owner).
10 months ago
New Cards (now that I won't be banned for posting them this time):
- It's nice to have another option to stop YawgWin. It is an alternative to Graf Cage if you want GSZ, Chord, and Pod to work in your deck.
- Can go into Tana-Tymna Blood Pod or Derevi for creature heavy metas. It competes with the new Thalia though, so meh.
- T5 with T4 potential if mono-w stax works. None of the Vampire synergy is available in mono-w, though it is nice in Edgar stax. It sucks that you only get one vamp no matter how many you attack with.
- At three mana, it may have the combo potential and color that Conspiracy did not.
- Dominate #2 for Mizzix.
- Tier 1, since that's where legendary Merfolk go now. But more seriously, Tier 4, since the tax is not irrelevant, but may slide down to Tier 5 if a decent strategy cannot be thought of (I keep comparing it to Geist, where you can at least have a Polymorph plan).
- Seemed notable enough to mention. Does not ramp, but it's decent gravehate.
- We were correct: it costs 5. A LOT less powerful when it does not cost two. Too slow/unreliable (based on matchup) to see play, especially since it does not count commanders.
- Latest incarnation of Bob, nothing too notable since most decks would just prefer Bob
- Tier 4 at LEAST, maybe Tier 3, since it is red ramp. It could have a stax build that sacs the tokens like with the mono-w vamp.
- I REALLY want this to be a thing. I don't care if it's too much mana, SOMEONE SOMEWHERE NEEDS TO CAST THIS!!!
- If it was a 4-drop, it would likely see play, but since it only digs based on mana cost, storm will not run it (though it is funny with FoW).
- Budget Selvala card?
- ShaperSavant's Sanctuary is okay. Has the Leovold (technically Rayne) protection for LabMan combos, but beyond that, highly meta-dependent.
- Tier 3. There seem to be enough decent Pirates being printed and otherwise (Gravehate Pirate, Pirate Bob, Cloud Pirates) that the running of a bunch of Pirates will not destroy the deck.
- It's not a 6-drop, so Tier 4 at best. It itself is too clunky, as well as the dinos so far.
- As was discussed, it's getting an errata that kills the combo potential. I still like that it steals Crypt and Sol Ring pretty well. It's at least going into the Grixis Pirates deck.
- T2.5 at least. I certainly wasn't expecting it to cost more than Zegana, but it seems strictly better nonetheless, since you can more easily play it for value instead of JUST as a Food Chain outlet.
- I have seen and played Pithing Needle, so I am not averse to another option.
- Another fucking Jace....at least it has applications in decks that play Edric...
11 months ago
A few things. First up, when would you ever want to fetch up Bonesplitter?
Thirdly, stuff like Inspector seems a bit meh? What is its pay off.