|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Modern Masters 2017 Edition (MM3)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Common|
|Duel Decks: Izzet vs. Golgari (DDJ)||Common|
|MTG: Commander (CMD)||Common|
Combos Browse all
, : Add to your mana pool.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (15)||NOGzFTW , plof , frederiklw , Jauntu , angesoir , TheRealPeaches , Friedrice24 , Supremespeed , NobleSlay3r , rikertchu , CampbellStev , Fairseas , PTsmitty , MattN7498 , bakeraj4|
|Want (4)||Grantley91 , GoldGhost012 , ryuzaki32667 , GoodestBoi|
Izzet Signet Discussion
1 week ago
Your manabase is truly awful.
- You have too many lands that ETB tapped.
- You manabase color consistency is spotty at best.
- You have too many utility lands that don't provide colored mana (this is likely the root cause for #2).
- You are missing some key artifact ramp/color fixing.
- You are running some very questionable choices: Examples: Crypt of Agadeem you only have 7 black creatures total (not counting commander) Save this for a mono-black deck & Glacial Chasm my guess is you are using this to hold off attacks until you can combo off. The issue is this card combos best with Solemnity, but you can't run white.
- 1,2,3: Drop a bunch of the ETB lands and utility lands bring in Fetchlands and Duals (OG Duals, Shocklands (Ravnica blocks), Tango Lands(Battle for Zendikar) and Bi-cycle lands (Amonkett)). Choose what works for your budget.
- 4. Add Chromatic Lantern it will help with color fixing, stops Blood Moon attacks and makes non-mana producing lands into mana producing lands. I would also suggest Mana Vault and Voltaic Key. These will help you mana ramp and keep pace with Ramp decks which have access to green mana. Also missing is Crucible of Worlds. It help you recover from mass land destruction and ensure you hit your land drops if you are running fetchlands. Other artifacts to consider are: Mox Opal, Chrome Mox, Grim Monolith, Rakdos Signet, Dimir Signet, Izzet Signet, Lion's Eye Diamond Again, choose what works for your budget.
- 5. Remove your questionable choices and run Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth and Cabal Coffers instead. Urborg will make all your lands swamps, which will solve any black mana issues and make all non-mana lands into mana producing lands. And it combos amazingly with Cabal Coffers. It is way better than the Crypt of Agadeem. I also suggest running Maze of Ith instead of Mystifying Maze. Maze of Ith doesn't cost mana to activate and will deter attacks or at least nullify their best non-shroud, non-hexproof creature. Mystifying Maze will just encourage certain attacks since it can trigger ETB effects for your opponents. Which can be more valuable then shrinking your life total.
Other Issues and Potential Fixes:
- Graveyard Hate/Enchantment Removal. You added Pithing Needle to deal with certain artifacts but have ignored enchantment based graveyard hate. And I don't see any real enchantment removal. The only card that could hit an enchantment seems to be Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker. Leyline of the Void, Rest in Peace, and Ashes of the Abhorrent just straight up ruin your day. Grixis is weak to this permanent type, but blue has your best answers. I would add Cyclonic Rift which is the best 1 sided boardwipe in EDH and will help you recover from an oppressive board state or seal your position as the Victor. I would also suggest adding Venser, Shaper Savant. He can delay a spell from hitting the table or bounce back a troublesome permanent. He combos well with Riptide Laboratory.
- Troublesome Lands. I don't see any way for you to deal with lands that could ruin your day. Opponents running huge mana lands like Gaea's Cradle, Serra's Sanctum or Cabal Coffers or other trouble some lands like Scavenger Grounds. You have nothing for targeted removal of these threats Look to Strip Mine or Wasteland or similar lands.
- Missing Combo Pieces. Teferi's Veil combos with Sedris, just be mindful of the leaves battlefield clause from Sedris as they are still the same permanent still when they phase back in. And both Sneak Attack and Whip of Erebos combo with it and have high synergy with your deck. (same leaves battlefield clause applies to the whipped creatures) Also think about running Embalmer's Tools
- Quality Creatures. A lot of your creatures don't make sense or are just low on value. I would look back towards your original thought about ETB based creatures for the majority of your creatures to abuse. Combustible GearhulkNoxious Gearhulk,Molten Primordial,Sepulchral Primordial,Trinket Mage,Trophy Mage,Sidisi, Undead Vizier,Zealous Conscripts,Massacre Wurm,Sphinx of Uthuun. And then a few other key enabler creatures like: Deadeye Navigator which helps remove the leaves clause from creatures you cheated back from the graveyard and River Kelpie which will help you draw
- Better Tutors. You should be running better tutors in general and better tutors for your graveyard. Like: Entomb,Buried Alive,Demonic Tutor, Vampiric Tutor, Final Parting, Dark Petition, Merchant Scroll, Mystical Tutor, Fabricate, Personal Tutor
- Better Looting/Rummaging. Like: Faithless Looting,Frantic Search,Dack Fayden,Windfall,Ancient Excavation,Cathartic Reunion, Careful Study
- Better Counterspells. Like: Mana Drain,Force of Will,Disallow,Forbid
- Cantrips. Getting to your best cards is key to being able to play your game. Brainstorm, Ponder,Preordain,Thought Scour
- Recursion. Some options open to you are: Snapcaster Mage, Yawgmoth's Will, Time Spiral, Past in Flames, Mizzix's Mastery,Magus of the Will, Crucible of Worlds
2 weeks ago
Very cool deck! Since your goal is to keep it casual I'll suggest cards that are upgrades to stuff you already have, that way you can do what you've been doing just a bit faster/more consistently.
Mana Ramp:At the moment I see 7 sources of artifact ramp in your deck. I'd highly recommend increasing that to the 10-12 range, it will drastically speed up your deck.
Card Draw:The 6 card draw spells you have here are fine but I'd recommend adding at least 5 more, specifically card spells that help you discard into your graveyard or fill up your hand on the cheap.
Land:If you up your mana rock count to the 10-12 range, you can drop your land count down to 32-34 and have no issues.
The best way to go about improving your landbase is focusing on adding lands that enter untapped and can give you multiple colors.
Are just a few examples of lands you should consider adding in place of slower, enter tapped lands.
That's just the basic rundown of how to improve the core of your deck and make it a bit more consistent. Hopefully those ideas help!
2 weeks ago
I'm assuming your goal is to combo off with Marisil ASAP, so here's my suggestions:
Focus on whatever combo is quickest to help streamline your strategy. Combo decks work best when they have one specific, achievable goal.
I'd add Lightning Greaves to help protect Marisil.
More mana rocks will help you get off to a faster start as well Sol Ring, Fellwar Stone, Mind Stone, Prismatic Lens, Dimir Signet and Izzet Signet should all be here. If you run more mana rocks you can cut your land count down to 32-33 with no problems.
These are the most obvious ways I can see to improve your deck. Hopefully some of those ideas help!
3 weeks ago
All right, finally got the chance to take a proper look at this. Let's start with additions:
- Spelljack. Mentioned this on Reddit, but I love this card.
- Cultivate. EDH staple, should be in 95% of green decks. Nothing more to say.
- Eternal Witness. Same as above.
- Sunbird's Invocation. This card leads to insane value swings. It's fantastic.
- Beast Within. Flexible, instant-speed removal in colors that usually lack it.
- Chaos Warp. Same as above.
- Etali, Primal Storm. This card is balanced by not having haste. Wanderer changes that.
- Pathbreaker Ibex. I have one-shotted several opponents with this, Xenagos, God of Revels, and Wanderer. Do not underestimate.
- Xenagos, God of Revels. 14/12 trample haste Wanderer is insane.
- Skyshroud Claim. One of my personal favorite ramp spells. Also fetches shocklands and battlelands (like Cinder Glade).
- Avenger of Zendikar. Wins games by itself.
- Simic Signet, Izzet Signet, and Gruul Signet. Some of the best ramp in EDH in a deck that really wants ramp. Slam dunk.
- Mystical Tutor. Sets up Wanderer really well.
- Temporal Mastery. Bonkers with Wanderer and tutoring it to top of library.
- Mind's Dilation. This card gives tons of value if not immediately dealt with.
All right, on to cuts:
- Archetype of Aggression. 3 mana 3/2s aren't great, and most of your stuff has trample anyways. Nice with Wanderer, but hurts to cascade into.
- Coiling Oracle. Not a bad card by any means, but I really don't want to cascade into this.
- Elvish Lyrist. Way too slow. Run Unravel the Aether if you really need this effect.
- Jori En, Ruin Diver. I like my card draw spells to be a little flashier than this in Wanderer.
- Siren Stormtamer. I mentioned this on Reddit, but 1 mana 1/1s are really not where you want to be in Wanderer, and I don't think this does what you want it to anyways.
- Verdant Sun's Avatar. Lifegain is nice, but there are better things to do with 7 mana.
- Displace. I'm not seeing a ton of ETB effects to abuse here.
- High Tide. Not great in a 3-color non-combo deck.
- Steam Augury. Strictly worse Fact or Fiction. Meh.
- Unsummon. Not nearly good enough for EDH play. Card disadvantage and allowing re-use of ETB effects seems bad.
- Panharmonicon. Still don't think you have enough ETB effects to abuse.
- Attune with Aether. Not actual ramp; not worth 1 mana.
- Invigorating Falls. I really don't like cards that do nothing but gain life.
I think that's all I can come up with at the moment. Feel free to look at my decklist (Wandering the Eternities) if you'd like other suggestions. Good luck with your deck! I think you'll find it's a ton of fun :)
3 weeks ago
1 month ago
I would cut some of the less impactful cards and replace them with mana rocks and card draw spells. I'm not sure if the defender & elemental tribal themes are helping at all either, I would cut them all and focus on supporting the dragon strategy. Dragons are great blockers, you just need a bunch of mana rocks to cast them a tad earlier. 2 CMC mana rocks like Coldsteel Heart, Fellwar Stone, Izzet Signet, Boros Signet, and Azorius Signet are best, but any "taps for mana" artifacts would do I think. Looks like it could be a fun deck once it gets going. I would also use smaller cantrips like Brainstorm, Preordain, Ponder, Serum Visions, and Sleight of Hand to help you smooth out draws and find your mana early.
I know I'm suggesting some big changes, but I think they will improve the deck's performance tremendously. Cards I saw to cut in addition to the defender & elemental themes: Narset, Enlightened Master, Crown of Empires, Fortune Thief, Soaring Hope, Earth Rift, and Flowstone Flood.
1 month ago
Suggestions:Complicate, Censor, Cryptic Command, Dismiss, Dream Fracture, Izzet Charm, Mystic Confluence, Snapcaster Mage, Torrential Gearhulk, Metallurgic Summonings, Trail of Evidence, Staff of Nin, Mind Stone, Hedron Archive, Commander's Sphere, Thirst for Knowledge, Reality Shift, Insidious Will, Glimmer of Genius, Frantic Search, Deep Analysis, Curse of the Swine, Compulsive Research, Collective Defiance, Cathartic Reunion, Careful Study, Recurring Insight, Time Spiral, Library of Leng, Izzet Signet, Lightning Greaves, Crucible of Worlds, Stifle
1 month ago
Glad to see your a fan of the wonderous hive also k_drake. I also happen to have a Sliver Overlord deck of my own, although mine is still a lot cheaper. Keep in mind however that LVL_666 has also chosen to bling out this deck nearly entirely, and thus the price you see on here is much more than what it would could actually be with a non-foil, non-masterpiece/expedition version of the decklist.
The first and most obvious things to avoid would be the original duals, (i.e Underground Sea, Volcanic Island, Tropical Island etc...), next you make do without Mana Crypt, Cavern of Souls, Wheel of Fortune, Yawgmoth's Will, and Mana Drain which should bring the deck down by a huge margin.
There's is such a vast amount of lands to choose from that could be suitable early on, including: the vivid cycle (Vivid Crag, Vivid Grove), the tri-lands (Seaside Citadel, Savage Lands, Jungle Shrine, and so on), then there's ones I use to use like Transguild Promenade, Exotic Orchard, Forbidden Orchard, Rupture Spire, Evolving Wilds / Terramorphic Expanse, Ash Barrens (highly recommend), and the panorama cycle (Bant Panorama, Jund Panorama, Esper Panorama, etc).
You can then make use out of the signets, Golgari Signet, Izzet Signet, etc) and perhaps use most of the combinations (prioritize the ones that have green). Anyways I know I have told you a Lot of information to read and consider, and so let me give you a good visual of what a starting point could look like:
Commander / EDH
SCORE: 365 | 70 COMMENTS | 120873 VIEWS | IN 401 FOLDERS
This deck by the Professor I do recommend you consider as a base, and from there start as I have done, which was slowly acquire all the slivers (and imo minus the queen, and legion at least at first), I actually was quite fortunate to receive most of the slivers needed for my list from a friend who had their very own Sliver Overlord deck and he sold/traded me eventually most of it as he was getting out of commander. I picked up stuff like Gemhide Sliver, Manaweft Sliver, Necrotic Sliver, Harmonic Sliver, Heart Sliver, Galerider Sliver and Crystalline Sliver if I recall first by cash and standard trades.
Then I got a few things like a Chromatic Lantern, Merciless Eviction, Heartstone, and Training Grounds for more additions. Eventually I started with getting the shocks and fetches (the khans fetches are cheaper) again the cheaper ones like Windswept Heath, Wooded Foothills, Temple Garden, Overgrown Tomb, Hallowed Fountain, and worked my way up having more than half of them (I'm currently only missing 3 fetches and 3 shocklands).
I got my Sliver Queen and Sliver Legion from the same friend who took apart his sliver list (it's unfortunate he sold it's entire manabase and then just kept the slivers before I even met him at my lgs though), after I had all the rest of the creatures and up until that point I focused more on an aggro/voltron strategy. I bought him some very pricey modern staples (2x Chalice of the Void before there reprint and traded an Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger for these 2 slivers and to nearly finish a whole deck to play for modern :)
You can then later like i'm soon about to do myself soon I think, start to buy things like a Mana Crypt, Mana Drain, Demonic Tutor, Wheel of Fortune, etc to make the deck more competitive.To give you an idea where i'm at, here's my decklist (I'm missing 16 cards in all from it) also that's cheaper than what you see here:
Commander / EDH*
SCORE: 10 | 10 COMMENTS | 3032 VIEWS | IN 3 FOLDERS
I did not exactly plan on writing essentially a book on this for you lol, and so I apoligize. In summary start by acquiring if you don't already own any these above suggested lands, and start acquiring all the slivers you can, I recommend get ones like Sliver Hivelord, Diffusion Sliver and or Crystalline Sliver, Blur Sliver, Gemhide Sliver + Manaweft Sliver, Bonescythe Sliver, Syphon Sliver, Heart Sliver, Harmonic Sliver, Galerider Sliver + Winged Sliver, and others like Predatory Sliver, Sinew Sliver, Muscle Sliver all of which are pretty cheap. Then you will want Chromatic Lantern, plenty of signets, Darksteel Ingot, Commander's Sphere, Fellwar Stone, maybe the newly reprinted Coalition Relic which is a bit cheaper now. Then start upgrading the manabase(Mana Confluence, City of Brass, Unclaimed Territory, Sliver Hive, Ancient Ziggurat are all a good start. Then go with maybe getting the filterlands which thankfully have been reprinted and are now a lot cheaper,(Flooded Grove, Twilight Mire,...) and the shocks/fetches prioritizing the ones for green like Breeding Pool, Overgrown Tomb, Windswept Heath, Wooded Foothills because you will want green I would say more than any of your colours to cast stuff like Manaweft Sliver + Gemhide Sliver, Kodama's Reach/Rampant Growth/Cultivate etc. Once you have most if not all of the slivers and the mana base then you can go back to refining the deck with medium to high end upgrades like Mana Crypt, Volrath's Stronghold, Demonic Tutor, Vampiric Tutor, Pact of Negation, and such. Personally in my case i'm refraining from the original duels for budget reasons myself as I can't ever see myself getting enough use out of them to make them worth it fully. Anyways I hope this gives you lots to think about!
(Final note), consider Spirit of Resistance at least initially if you think you can either protect it with counterspells or in a meta where enchantment removal won't be an issue :)