Counter target spell.
|Have (4)||CatLord9001 , gildan_bladeborn , abritt , GuNDanU|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
3 weeks ago
Hey, well done with upgrades to the precon. For being new to Magic you've added some really good cards. Nice stained glass Liliana :)
The Poppet Factory combo with Wilhelt for infinite Zombies with Diregraf Captain as the win condition needs a sac outlet. Grimgrin, Corpse-Born and Ashnod's Altar are good, but only two sac outlets for the combo isn't really enough. Carrion Feeder is a one drop Zombie.
Apprentice Necromancer can reanimate Poppet Stitcher Flip at instant speed at the end step of your last opponent before your next upkeep. With Wilhelt when you sac Necromancer you create a Zombie token which could be the third token you need to flip into Factory. I'm not positive, but I think if Stitcher flips into Factory than you don't have to sac Factory at the end step Apprentice trigger because it's no longer a creature.
Carrion Feeder and Apprentice Necromancer could replace two of the higher CMC cards here to reduce the mana curve. Ruthless Deathfang and Overseer of the Damned are just not as good as the other 6 or 7 CMC cards namely Liliana, Rooftop, Titan, Dominance even Hex.
There's a few cards in the precon that were cut that you should consider adding back.
- Dreadhorde Invasion --> Cellar Door
- Zombie Apocalypse --> Wretched Confluence
- Hordewing Skaab --> Eternal Skylord
- Midnight Reaper --> Cancel
Dreadhorde Invasion creates a Zombie token for the cost of only 1 life at your upkeep to give you a constant source of a Zombie to sac with Wilhelt at your end step. Zombie Apocalypse is mass reanimation for Zombies, all Zombies in your graveyard.
Hordewing Skaab gives flying to all Zombies you control and it can also be repeatable loot (draw then discard). Midnight Reaper is another Zombie who draws when it dies as well as can be repeatable draw whenever any nontoken Zombie dies.
Eternal Skylord only gives flying to Zombie tokens, not giving flying to Wilhelt makes it lackluster. Cellar Door will miss more than hit since you don't have a way to control getting a creature to the bottom of your library or your opponents libraries. Paying three mana and having this miss is pretty bad. Cancel is not needed because you have three other much better counterspells.
Good luck with your deck.
2 months ago
3 months ago
3 months ago
I dont see any of card coming close to 1 Force of Will it's an obscenely powerful card I've played with it. It feels so good knowing your safe even when tapped out.
Now it gets hard to place the rest so I'm gonna just concentrate on edh as that's the format im familiar with.
3 Fierce Guardianship yeah it's free where the other two cost you a card. But having your general out isn't always a guarantee.
4 Negate from my experience from playing commander counter non creature spells is far more important then countering creature spells. And this card doesn't that effectively and efficiently and is super splashable.
Honorable mention to any of the free counter spells I didn't say. Not having to pay mana for a spell is designe space they maybe should of never touched
4 months ago
Hi, first of all welcome to the game of magic, its pretty amezing. There are a couple of problems with your deck in my opinion.
- Some cards are not modern legal. I don't know what the format is at you LGS but if its modern you have to change the cards that aren't legal to use.
- You are forcing yourself to play blue-green just to able to use Desert Twister which isn't modern legal, and quite frankly, not good. I would take it out so that you can play mono-blue.
- In terms of counterspells, Counterspell is about to get legal in modern in a couple of days so I would buy four copies and take out Broken Concentration , Cancel , Memory Lapse (also not legal in modern) and Negate .
- You use some bounce-effect cards that have effects you don't benefit from. Absorb Identity is only useful if you have shapeshifters, and you don't. Compelling Deterrence is only useful if you have zombies, you don't. Winds of Rebuke is only useful if you can utilize the cards that you put in your graveyard, you can't. Exchange these four card with Unsummon which is cheaper and thus more efficient in your deck. If you want to go a little bit more expensive exchange them for Brazen Borrower .
- As a final remark, you use to many lands. In your deck I would use between 20 and 24 lands.
If you have any more questions be sure to let me know!
4 months ago
6 months ago
Wow, what a deck, very creative. I would probably buy it. . . except for the three Mana Confluences, very questionable. I'm assuming that is for blue mana, honestly, just run an Izzet Guildgate instead. This is very good but lacks win conditions, I have some notable suggestions below:) Suggestions:(at least consider sideboarding) Colossification + Fling (will usually seem suspicious in a gruul w a lil blue deck, so wait for your opponents to tap out, and if you want to take it even further Unleash Fury ) Brash Taunter + Unleash Fury or Brash Taunter + Star of Extinction add some counterspells maybe? Dissolve or Cancel Guttersnipe + Dictate of the Twin Gods (note: if you really wanna go crazy, throw in some Shock s, you're paying 1 for four damage lol) Finally, always reccomend Soul-Guide Lantern , pioneer players are mean and very often try to recast from the graveyards, as you will run into a lot more dreadhorde archanists probably, in black decks which is even more scary, given some of the spells they could play.
So that's all i got, like I said, i like the idea of this deck, just take these into consideration:) aslo, if you put Colossification on your Dreadhorde Archanist, essentially you can cast any instant or sorcery spell you want lol
6 months ago
I think you need some lands that can tap for two different colours. It's difficult to have 2x available to cast counter spells, when needed.
This deck also has 71 cards, which makes it somewhat inconsistent. Can it be cut back closer to 60?
I'd love to see a match report for this. Can you write one for the next tournament you play in?