Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Land — Forest Plains Island
(: Add , or )
This enters the battlefield tapped.
Cycling (, Discard this card: Draw a card.)
1 month ago
Tanks for the +1!
I run Rout in my mono white deck. That ish slaps!!
1 month ago
Disallow and Arcane Signet seem like strictly better slot ins over voidslime and any talisman.
Could consider Spara's Headquarters over one of your 2color taplands.
Also im not convinced on spear of heliod- i would consider replacing it with a stronger buff or removal like Akroma's Will, Rout, Generous Gift or something.
Anyway just some thoughts, cheers and have fun!!!
2 months ago
Thank you for the words of praise! This deck is something of a love letter to New Phyrexia as their whole aesthetic and lore really appeal to me. I'm also a huge fan of Poison and Infect, but each ability hasn't received the fleshing out that it deserves in my opinion. Ajani, Sleeper Agent is truly a step in the right direction but there needs to be more support to make Poison really work - in my opinion.
Most of the deck is quite affordable if you don't have a magpie brain and pursue foils. If acquiring ABUR dual lands is an issue there are plenty of viable alternatives. I'm a fan of proxying, but that may not fly with all playgroups so here are some options I would recommend:
Pain Lands - A long complete cycle that just saw a reprint in Dominaria Unlimited. Excellent series of lands, but the constant use of the Add colored mana to your mana pool can really hurt you late game.
Triomes - The cycle was just completed with New Capenna, so you could easily slot in Indatha Triome, Zagoth Triome, Spara's Headquarters, and Raffine's Tower. Each land is typed, so they can be targeted by Fetchalands. Sure the always ETB tapped is a drawback, but the pros outweigh the cons. Late game if you draw one of these and you won't miss a land drop the cycling is always a nice bonus.
Bond Lands - These are definitely some of my all time favorites as more often that not they will be entering the battlefield untapped. I think Bond lands tend to be forgotten, but in my book they're among the best. Unless your meta is strictly 1 v 1 then I would obviously stay away from these.
That's all I would suggest at this time. If I think of any more lands to suggest, i'll leave a post. I hope you enjoy piloting your deck, may you compleat many a heretic.
2 months ago
What cards most likely to put out in favor for other cards:
- Make Disappear is a bit dubious in there, because we don't want to sac creatures for the Casualty 1. Take it out if you have better counterspells! (For example An Offer You Can't Refuse to encourage your opponent casting their 2nd spell or Essence Capture to put more +1/+1 counters on your stuff)
- You could even add Thirst for Knowledge if you REALLY want to draw your deck!
- Spara's Headquarters is also a bit weird in there. I play it for having another early game option to get U/W mana fast and later in the game for cycling away, but if you think that Adarkar Wastes is a better thing to add, go for it!
- You can always add another Otawara, Soaring City instead of an Island or another Eiganjo, Seat of the Empire for a Plains, if you think, 1 of each isn't enough.
I'll leave this down here for useful additions for the deck in the next sets :D
3 months ago
some good lands make a world of difference. not the most exciting upgrades but probably the most functional.
- Boseiju, Who Endures these are amazing because if you dont need the land drop they can be a spell
- Otawara, Soaring City
- Marsh Flats
- Misty Rainforest
- Verdant Catacombs
- Flooded Strand
- Gavony Township
- Spara's Headquarters or other triomes from capenna
- Indatha Triome or other triomes
- Opal Palace
- Yavimaya, Cradle of Growth
- Temple Garden or other shock lands, they can be fetched and can enter untapped
- Dreamroot Cascade the midnight hunt and crimson vow lands are also great for helping fix your mana
- Karn's Bastion
4 months ago
Thanks for the insight, Agrippa91! I'm going to try out an Engineered Explosives in the main. I mostly play casually, so it's a different tier of threat, but I think there is definitely some value in having a sweeper on hand game one. I really like Spara's Headquarters instead of Rimewood Falls! It's a great switch to help Engineered Explosives be more effective! Thanks again for your thoughts :)
4 months ago
Hmm, interesting concept. I'd honestly consider something like the Engineered Explosives in the maindeck as this deck seems to struggle a lot against opponents doing stuff on turns 1-2 especially. I'd go as far as having 4 in the maindeck (if you have that many, otherwise 2 Ratchet Bombs as substitutes). I'm not an active Modern player, but there seems to be a lot of small stuff out there. Instead of the Rimewood Falls you might then go with e.g. a Spara's Headquarters as it's basically the same, but provides you with a third color for Engineered Explosives.