Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Artifact — Equipment
Equipped creature gets +0/+2 and has hexproof and "Whenever a creature with deathtouch blocks or becomes blocked by this creature, destroy that creature."
Equip (: Attach to target creature you control. equip only as a sorcery.)
3 months ago
Hello fellow Wyleth, Soul of Card Draw player!
I'm glad you got both Wyleth's and Aesi's precons for a good price. They are reeeeally explosive in gameplay with a few upgrades.
I play a lot of this bad boy, and I want to suggest some swaps below 3 USD for you to take it to a higher ground:
First of all, the ramp. I found out that 2 CMC, untapped ramp is the best for Wyleth. Since he draws so many cards, he can chain rocks and voltron pieces in the same turn, so his next turn is even more explosive than the last one. I almost always have more mana than the Green decks in my pod.
- Oreskos Explorer -> Dowsing Dagger Flip (you can get this to flip easily on turn 4)
- Kor Cartographer (too slow) -> Arcane Signet
- Emeria Shepherd (Voltron decks need a REALLY good reason to run cards above 3 mana in their builds) -> Starnheim Courser (this allows you to storm out of control. It is another body to voltron if needed)
- Keeper of the Accord (the token is irrelevant for you and, with Wyleth's card draw, you won't be behind in land drops) -> Talisman of Conviction
You should run boardwipes that hits your stuff the least:
- Tragic Arrogance (no need to destroy your own stuff) -> The Eternal Wanderer's ult
- Disenchant -> Heliod's Intervention
- Ironclad Slayer (we'll compensate him in the landbase) -> Vandalblast
Also, you can streamline your removal package. All of those are fetchable by Sunforger:
- Wear / Tear (good removal, but you already have more flexible options) -> Reprieve (that's one hell of a card to fetch out with Sunforger)
- Hyena Umbra (still vulnerable to exile and bounce effects) -> Blacksmith's Skill (all-around protection)
More/better auras and equipment
- Gimli's Axe -> Maul of the Skyclaves
- Argentum Armor (too expensive to cast) -> Mirror Shield (hexproof is crucial on a Voltron build)
Cheating equip costs
- Brass Squire (having to wait a turn to use his ability is rough) -> Ardenn, Intrepid Archaeologist
- Kemba, Kha Regent (too slow for a Voltron build) -> Bruenor Battlehammer
More utility lands
- Minas Tirith (Wyleth draws enough cards already. Also, most of the time, you will only have a single creature on the field) -> Axgard Armory (tutor on a land)
- Plains -> Sejiri Shelter Flip (a protection spell stapled onto a land)
- Mountain -> Buried Ruin (Ironclad Slayer's removal is avenged!)
- Plains -> Mistveil Plains (it can return instants back to the deck to be fetched again by Sunforger)
- Mountain -> Great Furnace (synergy with All That Glitters and Puresteel Paladin)
- Plains -> Ancient Den (same as above)
7 months ago
I was thinking something like Mirror Shield, Ring of Evos Isle, or General's Kabuto with another equipment like Pact Weapon, Hexplate Wallbreaker, or Argentum Armor. Though General's Kabuto might not allow you to put any more equipment onto Tetsuo, I don't really know how that works. You would also have to get rid of the 2/2 rebel on Hexplate Wallbreaker to be able to put it on Tetsuo, and that might be more trouble than it's worth.
9 months ago
It's not just trying to make a budget deck work.
If you're like me and have a thing for more out there commanders (think Sasaya, Orochi Ascendant Flip or Ben-Ben, Akki Hermit), then you need to work harder in the 99 to bring the deck up to parity since you're trying to get theme with less card support than Big stompy Jodah, the Unifier has.
Continuing in terms of card support, there are many effects that can protect a creature. Swiftfoot Boots gets reprinted every 5 minutes while Lightning Greaves is an extra effect in the same vein. Mask of Avacyn, Whispersilk Cloak, Neurok Stealthsuit and Mirror Shield all fill a very similar role. You can get 4 of those equipments to protect your commander for under a dollar each. On the flip side, an effect like Pariah's Shield exists on very few cards (I only know of Pariah as a similar effect) so outside of a white colour identity, you've got to use one card for that idea which was printed nearly 20 years ago and has never (The list is so diverse it basically doesn't count) been reprinted.
Pariah's shield isn't a bankbreaking card, but the scarcity of similar effects shows how even the most creative budget player is stuck away from creative/interesting strategies when their brew needs a specific piece which will cause problems in their budget.
1 year ago
There are a ton of instants that grant hexproof but no white enchantments.
1 year ago
Robe of Stars, Mask of Avacyn, Kite Shield, Slagwurm Armor, Accorder's Shield, Mirror Shield, Vanguard's Shield, Cathar's Shield, Magebane Armor, Healer's Headdress, Screaming Shield, Mirror Shield, Ensouled Scimitar, and Spidersilk Net.
I think that's all of the ones that care about toughness
1 year ago
I want to make sure I have a good range of equipment that boost creatures toughness by 2 or more points in mono white. It is a vigilance/bushido deck with some additional blocks. So far I have Commander's Plate Ensouled Scimitar Mask of Avacyn Mirror Shield and Vanguard's Shield
Here is the decklist Golden-Tail Vigilant Forces