Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Creature — Human Knight
Whenever an Equipment enters the battlefield under your control, you may draw a card.
Metalcraft — Equipment you control have equip for as long as you control three or more artifacts.
1 week ago
2 months ago
Stax, tax & boardwipes? Forcing your own weaknesses for others to enjoy is something white is great at. Not many great tutors? Aven Mindcensor, now neither do you. Bad at drawing cards? Spirit of the Labyrinth, now you are too. Overwhelming me with many spells I can't keep up with? Rule of Law. I don't have very efficient noncreature spells compared to other colors? Thalia, Guardian of Thraben now neither do you.
All these things are powerful, and giving white good carddraw so they can collect and stack these kinds of effects, will make white a lot more powerful, which is why it's a good thing that Rhystic Study isn't actually white, even though it feels like a white effect.
Yet, Mentor of the Meek, Dawn of Hope, Welcoming Vampire, Esper Sentinel, Bennie Bracks, Zoologist, Bygone Bishop, Thorough Investigation, even when you exclude colorless supplements, white is building a catalog of consistent carddraw anyway, especially if you consider Teleportation Circle has an array of targets to blink for carddraw in mono W as well: Spirited Companion, Inspiring Overseer, Priest of Ancient Lore, Thraben Inspector, Professor of Symbology, Resistance Squad, Search Party Captain and Wall of Omens.
Also strategy-specific stuff like Mesa Enchantress, Sram, Senior Edificer, Puresteel Paladin, Losheel, Clockwork Scholar. I think it's weird to say white can't draw cards, I'd say you're not trying hard enough if you're still complaining about that today. At least for Commander. In 1v1 formats, carddraw just isn't as important to win the game if it has to happen before turn 5.
2 months ago
2 months ago
lhetrick13 thanks a very bunch.
Basically, not caring about competitive at all, tournaments and whatnot, i only play with a group of friends which always use the same decks around.
- One is an elf tribal deck that closes faster than me with their free mana tap untap shenanigans. I have had limited success if i manage to remove key creatures.
- One is basically an 8rack deck, with discards, creature removals, which sometimes i manage to beat if something manages to stick to the ground
- One is a fairies control deck, counterspells, bouncers - hard to get around especially if he manages to counter most of my stuff and then takes control of the one creature i managed to sneak in...
- One is a mill deck...probably should just put in that Gaea's Blessing since he doesn't run single card deck removals like Surgical Extraction and this would be the easiest way to simply render his deck useless
- One is a zombie deck with board resets that he can recover better than i do - found that with this, the easiest solution would be to fit a couple of ozolith so whatever gets destroyed simply comes back the same or close to.
- Last but not least it's an equipment deck with Puresteel Paladin shenanigans. Very quick.
Now, to your answers which ring very true.
- You are right. I think i need more flexible removals - the Inscription of Abundance probably need to go. Most likely need to go. Swallow Whole and Hopeful Initiate sound like great ideas. What do you think of Gleeful Sabotage? This is a whole lot of chunk of the deck to dedicate to "counters" tho. I feel this could dilute the win-con and screw me once i'm very quickly topdecked.
- This is a big issue that i can't seem to solve: green or white card draws come at a disgusting premium - i can't really afford to either Horizon Canopy or Esper Sentinel (i think especially the second would be a pretty disgusting draw engine ahah. If i can give you a suggestion if you are considering Inspiring Call (which i find could probably net me at most like 3-4 cards at best most games...tho it does provide that invulnerability that our creatures kind of need..) there's also Hunter's Insight which i have run in another deck to a moderate success, which i think as a card draw could probably work better. Again tho, in my specific case, i find that these are somewhat slow and prevent me to cast something else more useful (creatures, usually) which means i'm another turn behind on having another viable creature to attack with. I will try and see if Inspiring Call does solve some of my issues with draw and creature destruction (tho, sacrificing is always an issue...but eh).
- Savior of Ollenbock sounds like a pretty good idea, both as a (somewhat dangerous ahah) creature removal and an insurance against explosions. I don't end up with a lot of creatures on the board, usually, so Basri's Lieutenant is a fairly slow (...for my standards at least) card that probably won't do too much.
And we come to the end...what would you cut to put in 8(12?) cards? I can only clearly see 2 cards to cut (the 2 Inscription of Abundance).
3x Inspiring Call (maybe 2?) 1 extra Dromoka's Command (i really like this, since it's so flexible...) 3x Swallow Whole (maybe only 2 again?) 2x Hopeful Initiate or maybe Gleeful Sabotage since training, unless i've got a bunch of Conclave Mentor and/or Hardened Scales down is fairly slow 3x Savior of Ollenbock 3 i feel is the bare minimum to have a chance of having at least one of them down, training and etcetera at the right time.
this would make for 10 or 12 cards - maybe 8 dropping swallow whole and the extra dromoka's. Nothing that would really make this deck any faster tho.
Thanks a bunch...please let me know your thoughts!
p.s. should i just restructure the deck to go wide with tokens with stuff like Torens, Fist of the Angels and other stuff that drops tokens/boosts all creatures? That would probably break my heart ahahahah
2 months ago
Metroid_Hybrid - As a fellow tribal knight lover, I can say I really like the deck. I am waiting to get my hands on Puresteel Paladin so I can make a equipment knight deck as well and you definitely provided some ideas.
The only thing that stuck out to me as odd is why run Kwende, Pride of Femeref in a tribal knight deck that does not include The Circle of Loyalty over Kinsbaile Cavalier? Kwende gives double strike to any creature you control that has first strike for 4 CMC. Kinsbaile gives any knight double strike for 4 CMC. Since you are running all knights and not of whom have first strike, seems like Kinsbaile would be the better choice.
2 months ago
3 months ago
Diamond Knight is probably pointless in a 3 color deck, especially one with so many colorless cards. Id also say that Benalish Honor Guard won't be too helpful considering you only have 5 legendary creatures including your commander, itll be hard to actually draw them in the 99. Id suggest a Puresteel Paladin and Fighter Class for more equipment support, and Wintermoor Commander for some knight renforcement. Also some more ramp like the boros, orzhov, and rakdos signets, mana issues could shut down ur deck really quick. I also made sure most of the cards i recommended had swords in the art to not stray from the deck's idea.
3 months ago
There are probably a bunch that I can’t think of as there has been many times while building decks that I have thought “If only this card was legendary”. Off the top of my head tho: