Artifact — Equipment
Equipped creature gets +2/+0.
Equip (: Attach this to target creature you control. Equip only as a sorcery.)
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
3 hours ago
The kernels of an idea are there — cheers!
I went digging through the Magic Card Database last night, and surprised the pickings were rather slim. However, I'll need to research a little more thoroughly, as there are "axes" not being pulled up in the query like Bonesplitter . Maybe it's finally time to build that Lava Axe deck that's been simmering for years.
"Death and Axes" — here we come!
3 weeks ago
As for commanders, I really like Aurelia, the Warleader , though I think that she's a bit build around. Here, Akiri, Fearless Voyager is a good fit. I would look at increasing the equipment count a little bit so that you can ensure card draw from her. I know it's not on theme, but stuff like Bloodforged Battle-Axe and even Bonesplitter are cheap and good damage buffs. I really like using O-Naginata in voltron decks due to its cheap cost, but it doesn't equip to as much stuff here without getting a bushido buff. That being said, it equips to your commander so it's still pretty good.
If you were going to try Aurelia as commander, I would recommand adding Helm of the Host to the list. Even without adding her, it's still a good card here anyway. It makes more samurai for you and allows you a combo out with Godo.
1 month ago
Very interesting, I haven't seen the flipped lands yet! I initially tried out Kazuul's Toll Collector in an earlier build, but found he ended up hogging equipment I wanted to give to others, or having his accumulated threat neutralized by random Llanowar Elves .
I playtested a sample hand, and there was something thematically satisfying about opening with a Battlefield Forge to crank out a Bonesplitter , that I placed an order for four. In the test-run, Champion of the Flame and friend hit for 16 damage on round 3. In the second draw of cards the intrepid Goblin Gaveleer smashed his way to 19 damage with trample by the third turn. Best case scenario, but at least it doesn't take long to assemble the crew.
1 month ago
1 month ago
Looks good so far. You might like these: Wyleth, Soul of Steel , Empyrial Plate , Kemba, Kha Regent , Valduk, Keeper of the Flame , Loyal Apprentice , Skyknight Vanguard , Koll, the Forgemaster , Captain's Claws , Haazda Marshal , Jor Kadeen, the Prevailer , Fireshrieker , Gorgon's Head , Blackblade Reforged , Krenko, Tin Street Kingpin , Bone Saw , Bonesplitter
3 months ago
Thanks for all the suggestions Apollo, no offense taken at all, I'm glad to get feedback.
Truthfully this deck had all but one of your suggested cards in it at one point or another during the crafting phase, and they're all very effective. The thing I was going for though with this deck was a more early-game focused blitz style of deck as opposed to a more balanced and long-haul strategy. Mostly focusing on getting Colossus Hammer onto the cheaper goblins ASAP to try to finish by turn 3/4.
I felt that the Puresteel Paladin wasn't really pulling it's weight until around turn 4 or 5 when the metalcraft really comes online, with the more simple and straightforward approach only needing 1-2 artifacts in play to inflict lethal in the early stages. Thus I felt like he was slowing things down, despite being very powerful. Same story for Sram, Senior Edificer.
The aim here is to go full agro early and less to play into a more safe Boros playstyle. Honestly this deck would be mono-red if it didn't rely so much on Steelshaper's Gift for tutoring the Colossus Hammer early. I get that the deck maybe isn't optimized, and your version would be more consistent, but I've always been a Johnny at heart.
Infiltration Lens may be worth consideration though, since you're definitely right about card-draw being a massive plus in leu of the bigger mana-base that I have currently. So that may help to even speed the deck up more than the Bonesplitters do. The aim with them was to hopefully create a health enough assault team while I wait for the right cards to initiate the desired Hammer combo, but drawing cards would likely expedite this, so I wouldn't have to worry about just dealing some damage in the meantime while I wait for something better.
The problem I had with Kor Duelist was that he frequently lacked trample and could easily be blocked by fodder early, while the Cathar's Shield didn't play well into the full-offensive aesthetic (but maybe I should focus less on what doesn't feel right and more on what works). Something else I had in the vein of 0-drop equipments was Bone Saw, but also felt it lacked punch or any utility without the metalcraft of card draw from Puresteel Paladin and Sram, Senior Edificer.
I'll definitely play around with re-tuning the mana-base and adding in the Infiltration Lenses though, since that would help with speeding things up, as I mentioned.
Another thought I had was something like Faithless Looting, Crash Through or Renegade Tactics in order to get a little bit of card-draw going, while also neutralising blockers. I'll look more into those perhaps.
Adding in 4X Ancient Den and 4X Great Furnace would also make it more likely to trigger Puresteel Paladin's metalcraft as an easy way to equip Colossus Hammer, and opens the deck up to something like Galvanic Blast or Dispatch for some early utility spells that would also have their metalcraft triggered. That was what I was considering for the more-well-rounded and more white-oriented version of the deck, though as I said before; what I'm really trying to do is maximize efficiency and speed rather than play the long-game.
I appreciate the help, really, and I'll look into how I can make the deck better with your suggestions. Thank you.
3 months ago
Hey I'm glad the suggestion helped:
Some other things to possibly consider here...
- 4x Infiltration Lens instead of 4x Bonesplitter to provide yourself some much-needed card draw in a deck that has such a low mana curve and likely empties its hand rather quickly.
- Possibly some 0-Mana Cost Equipment to further play off your creature synergy (and the card draw from Infiltration Lens). Popular choices might be something like: Spidersilk Net and Cathar's Shield, and then combined with your card draw you could really ramp up those creatures quite quickly (particularly with Sigarda's Aid in play since you can spend up your mana on opponent's turns to really play into the Speed theme I see here.
- I would really REALLY recommend dropping down to 20 lands with this build, and then probably do in a few Puresteel Paladins and maybe couple copies of Sram, Senior Edificer which might further help out the card draw (which really is what I see being key for this deck to just be a monster and regularly achieve speed victories with extreme frequency hahaha...) You won't need as much land in the deck if you can draw a high amount of cards cheaply.
- Some Kor Duelists would combo extremely nicely with your Hammers, making him a potential game-ender when he swings.
I can see massive amounts of Card Draw and the ability to auto-equip any of your stuff permanently with Sigarda's Aid being just devastating, buteven as-is this is a really nice build, so please don't take my suggestions as criticism. Just some things to possibly play around with if you like this deck (I sure do) and want to tinker with it some more to see what else it can do.
4 months ago
Hope this is okay to drop here. It's a PEDH based around Stormchaser Mage . If not, just pretend it's a really bad, super budget Adeliz, The Cinderwind deck. Been trying to put the finishing touches outside of lands and was hoping someone could answer one of these for.
- What should I cut for Blighted Agent ? I plan on using it as plan B if my command tax becomes too much I was thinking Vodalian Arcanist just because my mana curve is so low and it will be very rare for it to have haste.
- Should I cut Fists of the Anvil for another 1-drop +3/+3 type of instant akin to Built to Smash or is that +5/+1 after prowess that devastating?
- Anything worth taking out for Inside Out. I just think it's really neat.
- Seeing how the deck is so offense-based, does the vigilance from Bladed Bracers matter? Should I focus on evasion such as Vorrac Battlehorns or straight combat like Bonesplitter ?
Thanks for reading. I picked up refining this deck after two years of not looking at it, so getting help with it and then bringing it to code has been a deck building priority for me.