: Gain .
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Sisay's Ring Discussion
1 week ago
Oh crap super sorry I didn't see the deck was modern, a ton of those suggestions aren't legal. These are the ones that aren't legal my apologies.
Sorry again, hope the other suggestions still help!
1 week ago
Hey there! Ramping can be quite difficult in colorless, and while you have some wonderful ramp rocks, I'd recommend a few others as well! I'd recommend cutting a few eldrazi or things you can spare, since there's no use in filling your hand with huge spells if you can't cast them!
- Thran Dynamo / Sisay's Ring : Both pretty simple, but they can be used as soon as they're out and from then on can easily provide a source of mana to cast more things, much like Hedron archive.
- Forsaken Monument : INSANELY ramps, and while it may cost a bit of mana, this can make all your lands, and most of your ramp essentially double, allowing you to cast a TON more spells much faster. It even buffs the eldrazi, and gains you life you may have lost in earlier turns.
- Palladium Myr / Hedron Crawler : These guys may not seem like the best, but you have very few cheaper blockers, and you thus may get killed before you can cast big things. You can block big creatures with these, in addition to using them for ramp, so you can cast bigger spells.
- Crystal Vein : Easily provides colorless, the only source you need, and offers more if you chose to sac it, putting you one turn ahead in casting some big eldrazi!
- Ugin, the Ineffable : Costs quite a bit, but makes ALL the eldrazi (and most ramp spells) cost 2 less, greatly reducing their cost.
- Mind Stone : A great, cheap, colorless source that can help you ramp, putting you one turn ahead, as well as offering card draw if necessary!
The next few may OR may not be out of your budget, so here they are if you haven't heard of them:
- Ancient Tomb : great ramping land, providing 2 colorless at the expense of just 2 life- this is great from early turns and can help you ramp into more ramp so you can cast big spells much faster.
- Urza's Incubator : You could name eldrazi, and essentially do what Ugin did as mentioned above for half the cost in mana. This could really be a great ramp spell and costs very little mana.
- Mana Vault : Even if you just use it once this can put you WAY ahead in the game, 3+ turns to be exact.
- Mana Crypt : costs no mana, ramps you just as good as something that costs 3 mana. Its pricey, but very, very, very powerful.
Hope this helps! Be sure to check out some of my decks, and drop an upvote if you'd like! Good luck on the deck- cheers!
Edit: some cuts I recommend are 2 of the all is dusts, both karns (they're fun, but not worth it), and possibly 2 of the thought-knot seers as long as you'd be adding some of the blockers mentioned above.
1 month ago
Alright, colorless on a budget. Here we go.
The lands are fine. Looks like basic Wastes really need a reprint.
I'm counting 19 mana artifacts. If I cut those above a mana value of 3, that's still 16. Plus a few big mana Edlrazis on top. Mana-wise you definitely won't have issues, though we can optimize the selection a little. Manakin and Foundry Inspector have priority over Kozilek's Channeler, Walking Atlas and Warden of Geometries. Sisay's Ring is a second copy of Ur-Golem's Eye.
You have Myr Retriever and artifact synergy cards in there. Consider adding Scrap Trawler too. If you want to get infinite mana, Spawning Pit and Thermal Navigator can make it possible. Might cause some salt on casual tables though. Workshop Assistant is pretty much the same card as Junk Diver and fits in there as well.
Cards that I would cut are: Kozilek's Pathfinder, Ulamog's Despoiler, Ruin Processor, Desolation Twin, Deathless Behemoth
Fun budget cards to consider: Nevinyrral's Disk , Mimic Vat , Duplicant , Transmogrifying Wand , Chaos Wand , Tormod's Crypt or Scrabbling Claws , Sunset Pyramid , Darksteel Pendant , Ichor Wellspring , Shimmer Myr , Crashing Drawbridge .
Aside from those, I imagine this deck wants Mind's Eye a lot, but it's not a cheap card.
3 months ago
Hey, try the old 1CMC dwarves... I'd bet they cost less than .79 and they would make your Magda more consistent, look for cards like Enslaved Dwarf , Liberated Dwarf , Dwarven Scorcher , Universal Automaton and other cards like that... they arent strong by themselves, but they surely help magda create more treasure faster, and they get a little bigger thanks to her lord abillity.
Take a look at my list, maybe it can help you! Also, I'd love some feedback to make it better!
Commander / EDH
SCORE: 2 | 2 COMMENTS | 50 VIEWS
3 months ago
I also wouldn't be playing Desert in a deck with so many color requirements, it could probably be replaced with another snow land.
Most of your colorless rocks also don't seem that great with nothing to accelerate into, I'd probably cut at least Thought Vessel , Ur-Golem's Eye , and Sisay's Ring since you have so few cards that actually require 2 or more generic mana, and extra hand size is irrelevant most games. Mind Stone would be better, but I still don't know if it would be very good anyway.
You could use many more pieces to make your combo more consistent, including but not limited to: Displace , Izzet Chronarch , Mnemonic Wall , Scrivener , and Salvager of Secrets . Maybe not all of them though.
Good luck with your boring deck! :P
3 months ago
Etherium Sculptor seems good.
Blinkmoth Urn could generate some serious mana for you given your artifact base.
Forsaken Monument makes your colorless rocks tap for more and also goes inf with basalt monolith.
a couple thoughts, artifact hate is a big part of the EDH meta, with cards like Vandalblast , Bane of Progress , Austere Command all seeing regular play. given that you are pretty much all in on artifacts, you may want to consider upping your Counterspell game to ensure you don't essentially lose the game when an opponent lands removal like that, as you can't always rely on having darksteel forge out. Hurkyl's Recall and Retract are other options if you are not into counterspells.
also, suggest to cut
as soon as possible- any one of
are all better and way less risky.
also i would check out your point removal: possibly Generous Gift over topple the statue, Arcane Denial , Unsubstantiate , or Boomerang over steel sabotage, Swords to Plowshares or Impulse or Anguished Unmaking over esper charm.
more ideas, Padeem, Consul of Innovation can give your artifacts hexproof and Shimmer Dragon would go great with Unwinding Clock .
anyway those are just some thoughts. hope some of them are helpful and keep having fun! cheers!!!
6 months ago
Add Mox Amber for speed, as Rograkh is red and 0-mana.
All in all, nice deck!
6 months ago
Hey, you're welcome.
Group Hug draw theme is interesting, haven't seen this theme with Pirates. Breeches ability kind of goes against Group Hug though because the strategy is to make all your opponents exile cards and you want to cast them/play with your opponents cards. You can choose which opponents are dealt damage by Pirates, but sometimes you don't have a choice who you can attack due to the battlefield/board states. You attack the opponents who can't block your Pirates to get value from Malcolm and Breeches; makes politics difficult.
Drawing cards is excellent, but letting all your opponents draw cards does take away an advantage that Malcolm gives you. Because of Malcolm/Pirates you will have enough mana to cast all cards in your hand as well as your opponents exiled cards. If you're drawing cards then you can keep casting cards, advancing your game plan, because of treasures and exile, but if opponents are also drawing just as many cards then you lose this advantage.
Glint-Horn Buccaneer is the real reason right now to want to play Pirates especially using Malcolm as a Commander. When Buccaneer attacks the combo can be a win condition, lots of draw and lots of ramp/treasures which is amazing from one Pirate. It's really a one card combo since all you have to do is find/draw Buccaneer since Malcolm is in the Command Zone.
Some Cards to consider cutting:
- Brass's Bounty: doesn't do enough for seven mana since don't want to ramp into it with treasures instead needing at least six lands to get enough value for seven mana.
- Mirror March: Molten Echoes is a better repeatable token producer which makes Mirror six drop redundancy.
- Sisay's Ring: don't really need four drop ramp; it could be replaced by a low CMC Pirate with evasion to help to trigger Malcolm.
- Fell Flagship: +1/0 to all Pirates is subpar and rarely will you want to crew it to attack because it has no evasion and isn't a Pirate.
- Sailor of Means: all it does is make a treasure which is in my opinion not good enough when there's other options that do more.
- Trailblazer's Boots: the most situational equipment from the rest to potentially make a Pirate unblockable.
- Pongify: is fine, but there's better options for removal.
Some changes to consider: