As Belbe's Portal enters the battlefield, choose a creature type.
(3), Tap: You may put a creature card of the chosen type from your hand into play.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Belbe's Portal Discussion
2 months ago
8 months ago
So let's start with ramp.
Quicksilver Amulet and Belbe's Portal are great and what I call "pseudo-ramp". Definitely worth having but you will still want a full compliment of regular ramp cards. I don't love Cryptic Gateway nearly as much. Even though giants are expensive, you aren't always going to have two out, and tapping them down to bring one out means you can't attack with them unless you have mass vigilance (which is not a bad idea though--I see you have Brave the Sands; a card I love). It's not awful though, but I'd rather have regular ramp. It's better in decks with cheap AND expensive creatures.
I love that you have a Semblance Anvil. Sol Ring is obvious. I would drop Helm of Awakening. It will help your opponents significantly more than you. If you're only casting one big giant a turn then it's the same as a small mana rock.
I would drop Pyretic Ritual as well.
8 months ago
I really like Angel themed decks, but the only problem is, most angels are just super expensive and looking at your deck list, there is just no ramp, except very few cards... Im just gonna type some cards, maybe you'll like some, most likely not all of them, just so you have some larger pool of cards to choose from. :)
Myriad Landscape/Burnished Hart is alright; Land Tax is just auto-include in most decks; Caged Sun is also good, but you need to ramp into it somehow; Sword of the Animist is ok, but you need to swing with a creature and there are no Haste enablers (not even Lightning Greaves.
First of all, I would cut exile board wipes, since it just hurts mono-white without ramp the most (Play of the Game and Perilous Vault). You could hold priority and cast Teferi's Protection, but.. dont really know about that... :D
Sunscour should have really good place in mono-white deck.
Endless Horizons - is something like budget of Land Tax, but can also help to thin your deck after you get enough mana on board.
Planar Bridge,Planar Portal,Thran Temporal Gateway,Belbe's Portal,Cryptic Gateway - to either search for anything or put big stuff directly on board. Urza's Incubator should be there to reduce mana cost of your big angels.
worldslayer -> protect your creatures and artifacts: Show
Cards like Rootborn Defenses to give your creatures indestructible.
Card draw in white isnt the best, so using artifacts is really helpful, both for ramp and card draw: Show
Mind Stone - cheap mana ramp and card what when its not needed anymore.
Hedron Archive/Dreamstone Hedron - small and big version of the same card.
Horn of Greed/Font of Mythos - is also decent option, but affects all players.
Solemn Simulacrum - doesnt really fit Angel themed deck, but helps both with ramp and card draw.
Some mana rocks for sure: Show
Sol Ring - would definitely play Sol Ring in a greedy full of big stuff.
Arcane Signet - Since it costs only and doesnt ETB tapped, it work mono colored deck just fine. And white needs that too.
Darksteel Ingot / Skyclave Relic - indestructible 3 mana rocks to survive your board wipes without problem.
Mana Geode - is fairly nice mana rock with Scry 1, so it allows you to manipulate your top deck.
Thought Vessel - another nice 2 mana rock with Reliquary Tower on it.
Pearl Medallion - to make all your white spells cheaper.
Marble Diamond - another 2 mana rock that taps for , but comes into play tapped.
Some ramp with white creatures and spells: Show
10 months ago
Hey there! In the next comment I'll touch on the mana-base, but in this one, I'll give you some cats, or cards that revolve around cats! Maybe consider some of the following!
- Kaheera, the Orphanguard
- Prowling Serpopard
- Jedit Ojanen of Efrava
- Brimaz, King of Oreskos
- Lost Leonin
- Mirri, Cat Warrior
- King of the Pride
- Qasali Slingers
- Feline Sovereign
- Mirror Entity
- Metallic Mimic
- Adaptive Automaton
- Coat of Arms
- Alpha Status
- Crown of Awe
- Crown of Vigor
- Descendants' Path
- Shared Triumph
- Steely Resolve
- Belbe's Portal
- Cryptic Gateway
- Door of Destinies
- Konda's Banner
- Obelisk of Urd
- Urza's Incubator
11 months ago
thanks for your comment.
I took your advice about Knight of the White Orchid, Weathered Wayfarer and cutting off Pyramid of the Pantheon. I also cut off Alhammarret's Archive, Belbe's Portal and Quicksilver Amulet. I put Eldrazi Conscription and Grafted Exoskeleton instead, to keep my vow not to play Mass Land Destruction :)
I will see how it will turn out and hope it will develop into quite nice deck :)
1 year ago
It depends on what you are looking for, with gishath you want to get as many triggers off him as you can. Strionic Resonator, Aurelia, the Warleader, Gisela, Blade of Goldnight would all help. Aggravated Assault+Neheb, the Eternal can get you infinite combats as well. You can use Planar Bridge, Belbe's Portal, Temporal Aperture to cheat out other big creatures. Also, Helm of the Host will give you multiple nonlegendary copies of Gishath, Sun's Avatar
1 year ago
Fun deck - I like my slivers chunky! Some quick thoughts/suggestions:
- What's your win-con if someone has something like a Crawlspace or Norn's Annex out? Ashnod's Altar + Sliver Queen already gives you infinite ETBs and LTBs, maybe add Impact Tremors/Bastion of Remembrance/etc as an alternative win-con :)
- It might be worth adding Phyrexian Altar alongside your Ashnod's Altar
- Anointed Procession gives you twice as many slivers to work with, meaning the ETB/LTB works with Phyrexian Altar as well as Ashnod's Altar - as well as many other cards
- Be very careful with Harmonic Sliver and infinite slivers - it's not a 'may'! It's fine if you stack your triggers so all of your slivers destroy the same artifact/enchantment, otherwise you might be forced to destroy your own stuff. (Alternatively, you could go super-mean and add a copy of Enchanted Evening alongside Harmonic Sliver to destroy all of your opponents permanents...)
- If you decide that you'd rather go down the non-infinite route, Vanquisher's Banner is a great card to make sure you're always drawing more gas! Cycling lands would also help that draw issue.
- Speaking of - the new triome cycle that is coming up in Ikoria (e.g Indatha Triome) will fit very nicely in your deck! They've also got all of the land types so can be fetched by more types of fetchland - not that you've got those in the deck :)
- Mind if I ask why Hive Stirrings is in the deck?
- FYI Quicksilver Amulet does the same as Belbe's Portal in this deck - though it costs more mana after the first activation :) Since you have Sliver Queen as your preferred 5-drop, it might be worth swapping the artifacts so that you have a 4-drop 'instant summoner' instead of a 5-drop. It also gives you plays even if you're stuck on 4 lands.
- I'm glad you haven't added Cathars' Crusade! It's a very powerful card for this type of deck, but I'll be the first to tell you that it's incredibly painful trying to keep track of all the +1/+1 counters.
You mentioned being unsure about the number of lands/mana rocks - most people operate on a '40 lands minus (number of rocks)/3' basis. Since you've got 7 forms of mana (I'm not counting Gilded Lotus since the top of your curve is 5 mana) this means 38 lands is probably about right. I've got a Narset deck with 36 lands, but that has 14 mana rocks! (Speaking of, Coalition Relic is a really great mana rock, especially when you need different colours of mana.)
(If you're really wanting to optimise your mana base, then it's worth thinking when you're likely to play certain cards. [T1->land, T2->land+rock] means that you'll have 4 mana to play with on T3 instead of the usual 3. If you have loads of 2CMC rocks then that means you'll probably want to have more 4CMC spells instead of 3CMC spells - but I don't think that level of mana optimisation is something you need to worry about in this deck or in casual EDH!)
I notice that you've not got any land-ramp in the deck even though you have green available. I'd really encourage you to add some cards like Cultivate and Kodama's Reach, since they also act like card draw as well as ramp, and mean you're much more likely to hit your 5 lands on T5. Also, people are much less likely to steal or destroy your lands than your artifacts, and using land-based ramp means you're in a much better situation to catch back up if someone Cyclonic Rifts the battlefield.
Hope that's given you some food for thought. Let me know if you want me to clarify any of the above!
1 year ago
Gotta love a BFM deck! Just some thoughts looking through:
I always find Thran Quarry and Ancient Ziggurat handy in multicolor, creature-heavy decks. Cryptolith Rite, Conjurer's Closet, and Belbe's Portal could also help get the more high-cost creatures out. There's a lot of protection already among the creature base, but I love a good Asceticism. Triumph of the Hordes, Gratuitous Violence, and Aggravated Assault may also be worth considering! With the amount of legendary creatures, Captain Sisay could be super powerful. Sorry to give so many suggestions for additions but not cuts - happy building!