Library of Leng
You have no maximum hand size.
If an effect causes you to discard a card, discard it, but you may put it on top of your library instead of into your graveyard.
|Want (2)||Snohsir , CLandestineNAtion|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Library of Leng Discussion
1 month ago
The best way to keep from dying so quickly is to kill everyone else faster. To that end, consider:
- More wheel spells such as Dark Deal , Molten Psyche , Reforge the Soul , and Wheel of Fortune (budget permitting).
- Glistening Oil to provide another source of Infect (you'll kill them with wheels before the negative effect takes your Nekusar off the field).
- Dangerous combos that synergize with your deck strategy. Bloodchief Ascension is easy to activate with your commander and combos with Mindcrank to produce infinite mill. Curiosity is dangerous when placed on Nekusar, and can create a loop when placed on Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind (who also combos well with your commander).
Second way to keep from losing: Better control.
- You are in Blue and should be running more counterspells.
- You should have more spot removal that can destroy problematic cards.
- Helm of the Ghastlord combos with Nekusar and a wheel to lock opponents out of the game (they can only play instants before the Ghastlord triggers resolve and cause them to discard every card they ever draw).
- Sigil of Sleep on Nekusar turns each wheel into a mini-Cyclonic Rift.
Add more ramp artifacts so you can get online quicker and fire off multiple wheels per turn.
Add Library of Leng - it allows you to use wheels to engineer a better hand by sending to graveyard what you do not need and keeping what you do.
Finally, you should reduce your average CMC substantially. A lot of your high-costed cards do not have particularly useful synergies to your deck--they might be decent cards in a vacuum, but they really are not great with your particular strategy. Plague Wind , Tidespout Tyrant , all of your 5-mana spells, all of your seven-mana spells, Rise from the Tides , and Roil Elemental are all things you can cut to make room for more synergistic options.
2 months ago
Dominaria has been Plagued by wars, invasions, and other landscape altering events. So it may of had a very large library at one time ( Library of Leng ) and prob once was had a place to teach/learn.
3 months ago
Got to finally play the deck and it was AWSOME! Library of Leng was suprising good, not having to discard handsize after a big cantrip copy, ended up winning with Sword of War and Peace because of it. Cant imagine how good it's going to be with Song of Creation . Two other cards I was unsure of were Aura Mutation and Artifact Mutation , but they have proved their worth by being those instant speed token makers on steroids!
3 months ago
Since you have Sire Of Insanity , it might be cool to include Library of Leng . Being able to discard onto the top of your library would allow you to choose what card is on top when Vaevictis attacks.
Note: You still have to discard your hand when Sire is out. The oracle text of Library of Leng now reads "You have no maximum hand size. If an effect causes you to discard a card, discard it, but you may put it on top of your library instead of into your graveyard."
Cool deck! Sometimes the best decks are the honest ones that are just really good at doing the attacking thing.
3 months ago
Library of Leng is a way to help with song btw, I've been looking for ways to play around it, and library seems to be the better option! Without song, it helps when you get a big cantrip chain with ink or mirrorwing.
4 months ago
I'd suggest Library of Leng for the self milling issue that might happen
5 months ago
For the exact interraction, both you and your opponent will draw a card and choose (at random) what you're discarding without revealing it. Then you'll look at the card you chose, and decide what zone it goes to (Library of Leng is a 'may' ability), then those cards each go to the appropriate zone.
10/4/2004 You can look at a randomly discarded card before deciding where it goes.
5 months ago
Yes, you can put the card on top of your library if you want to. Library of Leng's ability applies to any effect that would cause you to discard a card, including ones you control.
Note that it doesn't apply to costs that involve discarding a card. For example, if you cast Waste Away, you won't be able to put the card you discarded for the additional cost on top of your library.