Renegade Map enters the battlefield tapped.
[symbol:t], Sacrifice Renegade Map: Search your library for a basic land card, reveal it, put it into your hand, then shuffle your library.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Renegade Map occurrence in decks from the last year
Latest Decks as Commander
Renegade Map Discussion
1 week ago
It almost looks like you want to play some Battlecruiser magic! Battlecruiser is a strategy where your first half of the game is spent ramping and playing tight threat removal. Cards like Plaguecrafter , Mire in Misery , and Tribute to the Wild , or even Sedge Scorpion or Foulmire Knight play into this strategy super well... as long as you're ramping, too.
The second half of a Battlecruiser strategy is preparing for an alpha strike: that means waiting until the moment is right to play Muldrotha and not allowing her to be killed or countered before you're ready (she's expensive enough that you can ramp past her cmc and wait it out). You've got a couple effective synergies that become insanely powerful if you can do them the same turn you drop your commander, which is totally possible with cards like Daring Apprentice . Preparing for that alpha strike becomes a game of setup: you gotta be ramping, self-milling, getting those combo pieces into your graveyard while taking out the most dangerous threats. It's fun if you do it right! Just ramp ramp ramp!
on Power nap
2 months ago
I most certainly can! Archelos is super cool and can really warp a landbase, as now you can include so many tap lands that normally aren't too powerful, not only giving you that sort of ability but also making the land base WAY cheaper! You also have to think about the lands BEFORE you put our Archelos though, and so I'd say a balance between better lands and tap lands are what you probably want to head towards. What you have so far looks wonderful, and certainly efficient, though again, you may want to include one cycle of a certain land, maybe Breeding Pool, Overgrown Tomb, and Watery Grave? These guys can help get Archelos out, but after he's out you won't necessarily have to take the shock damage from them which I'd say deserves them a good spot in the deck. Other ones that aren't necessary but could be worth considering are Hinterland Harbor, Woodland Cemetery, and Drowned Catacomb, since again they can come in untapped with Archelos and still be relatively good without him, and of course the bounce lands Simic Growth Chamber, Golgari Rot Farm, and Dimir Aqueduct, since they can get pretty powerful when they come in untapped. Since you have Fabled Passage, Evolving Wilds, and Terramorphic Expanse I'd say it's worth it to slot in a Ramunap Excavator or Crucible of Worlds, since you'd then get two landfall triggers per turn guaranteed, since you can continuously play the sac lands again and again. If this trick proves to be very helpful, you may want to consider slotting in more fetch lands like Prismatic Vista, Misty Rainforest, Verdant Catacombs, Polluted Delta, etc. Speaking of landfall triggers, I think Myriad Landscape would work AMAZING with Archelos, as not only would the Myriad come in untapped, but so would what it searches for, giving you three landfall triggers just off of that one card if you have two mana to spare. So honestly, I don't have too much to say about the lands, I think it's pretty solid at the moment though you may need to playtest a lot to know for sure, however, I did find a bunch of great cards that could work well with Archelos!
- Amulet of Vigor: If Archelos isn't out yet and you have a ton of tap lands, this guy could be of great use, especially for just a single mana.
- Root Maze: SUPER amazing card, this guy can tax everyone but you! On your upkeep untap archelos, have everything come in untapped, then tap him before your next turn and boom now everyone's artiafcts and lands come into played tapped for one mana besides yours.
- Coldsteel Heart: Basically a 2 mana, untapped mana rock with Archelos
- Cryptolith Fragment Flip: This guy can perform your goal of whittling away peoples health, as well as coming in untapped with Archelos. The flip side can also perform that whittling quite efficiently.
- Manascape Refractor: Comes in untapped- could be pretty fun to see how that works out!
- Arcane Signet: You should run this no matter what
- Orb of Dreams: Similar power and ability to root maze mentioned above, this can tax everyone else except you with Archelos
- Renegade Map: Basically 1 mana get a basic land if you have Archelos out
- Sphere of the Suns: Great with Archelos out and coming in untapped
- Terrarion: Seems pretty solid if it doesn't come in untapped
- Worn Powerstone: Like the rest, pretty sweet if it doesn't come in tapped and can be immediately used.
- Moss Diamond/Charcoal Diamond/Sky Diamond: Untapped ability again
- Honor-Worn Shaku: Allows you to tap archelos and get something out of it
- Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth: It's amazing why not run it
- Retreat to Hagra: Can be a great way of slowly ruining your opponent's health, especially with the extra land triggers I mentioned before
- Stasis: If you already have the things you need to slowly remove your opponents health, this can pretty much ensure victory.
- Verity Circle: SUPER amazing if I'm understanding it correctly, basically whenever your opponents play a creature since it comes in tapped with Archelos you draw a card, and has the second ability if you are ever in need of it
- A great way to slowly get rid of your opponents health is with recurring triggers that happen every turn, such as curses. Here are some that I found: Trespasser's Curse, Torment of Scarabs, Cruel Reality, Curse of Thirst, and Curse of Fool's Wisdom
- ANY COMBO WITH RETREAT TO CORALHELM. Edhrec names 1000+ combos with this card, so I'd recommend looking through it and seeing if you find anything that would work if you haven't already!
That's all I have, sorry it probably wasn't too much regarding the lands, but I hope I gave you some good stuff to think about! I honestly love the deck it has a super cool theme, and seems like it could work very well! That said though, hope this helps, and have a wonderful day!
3 months ago
Wrath of God is an okay boardwipe, but really you don't want to potentially devastate your board AND have to wait a turn to rebuild. Most of the time something cheaper will be better - Pyroclasm if you know you're going to face weenies or RDW or something of the like, or Blasphemous Act for just more general decks. Frankly, Blasphemous Act will potentially be worth a mere most of the time against Krenko or Thalisse even. Plus it hits them as well.
Idyllic Tutor finds you an enchantment, but what enchantment do you need? Again, you're playing an aggro deck so you shouldn't be taking your turn 2 or 3 to set up for later; you should be butting heads with anyone and everyone.
Torment of Hailfire is looking so shady here. It's a mid-lategame card that's meant to be used in tandem with heavy removal and attrition, and you're just chucking it in here as what? some sort of a finisher? Sure, it could be a finisher, but I think it needs to be somewhat built around / synergised with to actually be a viable pickup.
Rootborn Defenses is to make your stuff indestructible. First off, there's cards that do the same thing for less, and there's even cards that do more for the same price - Make a Stand, Flawless Maneuver, Ready / Willing or even Heroic Intervention. Populate is going to be pretty inconsistent in this deck too, as there's only a small handful of token generators in the deck, so why not swap it out (or remove it, even) for something more efficient
Jegantha, the Wellspring is 5 mana for a max of 3 mana per turn (estimate). With so few early ramp cards, how do you expect to consistently hit 5 mana on turn 5, 4, even 3? He may be neat, and help you ramp but you need to get him in play first. I just don't think he's worth in this deck. It's a 5-colour deck, but doesn't have a strong mana base. Also an aggro deck, so a 5 mana mana dork will kinda throw off your tempo anyway
Evolving Wilds, Fabled Passage, Terramorphic Expanse, Renegade Map, Burnished Hart, Solemn Simulacrum, Yavimaya Elder, Sakura-Tribe Elder all find little to nothing. Maybe if you add in some more basics, keep Fabled Passage and Solemn Simulacrum but not the others. The reason for these caards is to thin your deck, but thin them from basics, so if you have minimal basics to begin with you're not really consistently thinning (given that the chance of drawing all your basics is exceptionally higher than it would be with, say 10+ basic lands). Fabled Passage and Solemn Simulacrum give, for sure, the highest value so that's why I suggest to keep just them.
4 months ago
So, unfortunately I do have work today but I did 1 swap. Expedition Map in and Renegade Map out. We really want to start making rocks with our commander so fishing out Rakdos Carnarium is a big priority. Currently, I am mulling over potential combos we can dig to but I'll need more time.
5 months ago
Next step is card-draw and card-advantage. Unfortunately, the Boros colors are the worst at drawing cards. Graveyard recursion is a type of card advantage, so Colfenor's Urn can count. I've never seen that card before! Nice find and good instincts!
Here are some options for you.
First up, the cards I own that I'm willing to part with:
Seer's Sundial - Staff of Nin - Farsight Mask - Key to the City - Infiltration Lens - Mask of Memory - Tome of Legends - Outpost Siege - Khorvath's Fury - Humble Defector - Chandra, Flamecaller - Magus of the Wheel
Cards I don't have that you should consider:
Bonders' Enclave would be worth picking up, I think.
Browbeat - Loreseeker's Stone - Arcane Encyclopedia - Vance's Blasting Cannons Flip - Ignite the Future - Reforge the Soul - Wheel of Fate - Mind's Eye (used to be the gold-standard! Very mana-inefficient though) - Icon of Ancestry (interesting choice since it has the anthem) - Rogue's Gloves - Well of Lost Dreams (great choice with your commander!) - Coveted Jewel (ramp and draw! Unreliable and mana-expensive, but chaotic and fun!) - Mangara, the Diplomat - Runehorn Hellkite - Dragon Mage - Knollspine Dragon - Herald's Horn - Endless Atlas (a bit suspect in two-color decks unless your colors are very skewed or you have lots of Renegade Map-type cards) - Bag of Holding - Arch of Orazca - Geier Reach Sanitarium - Mazemind Tome
5 months ago
skoobysnackz, What about Evolving Wilds, Terramorphic Expanse, Ash Barrens, Fabled Passage, Prismatic Vista, Armillary Sphere, Bant Panorama, Esper Panorama, Grixis Panorama, Jund Panorama, Grixis Panorama, Blighted Woodland, Burnished Hart, Expedition Map, Myriad Landscape, Renegade Map, Sakura-Tribe Elder, Solemn Simulacrum, Sword of the Animist, Thaumatic Compass Flip, Thawing Glaciers, Traveler's Amulet, Wanderer's Twig, Wayfarer's Bauble, or Wood Elves?
For some of the casual play groups I’ve been in Opposition Agent would really hose their ability to mana-fix and I can’t think of anything more annoying than sitting on removal you could use to take it out, but not having the right mana to cast it.
10 months ago
10 months ago
So, here's what I'm thinking:
Pyroclasm(2 copies or so)
Thought Scour for consistency
Ratchet Bomb because repeatable specified wraths is fun.
Grave Peril can also control the board.
Locket of Yesterdays can help reduce mana costs of reanimating spellbombs.
Os Mox Tantalite worth running?
Pithing Needle seems great.
Renegade Map for land draw?