Moss Diamond enters the battlefield tapped.
: Gain .
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Moss Diamond Discussion
3 months ago
Letter of Acceptance is a new pauper mana rock as well! Pentad Prism is good for mana fixing. Marble Diamond , Sky Diamond , Charcoal Diamond , Fire Diamond , and Moss Diamond are one of every color. Spectral Searchlight was recently reprinted as a common in Commander Legends.
4 months ago
What are your thoughts on 2 mana ramp spells like Rampant Growth as oppose to 2 mana rocks like Charcoal Diamond or Moss Diamond ? I feel that artifact ramp is more likely to be targeted by removal as oppose to having a land blown up. By grabbing a land out of my deck I'm able to ramp, fix my mana, and thin my deck slightly. Also with spells like Nature's Lore or Three Visits I can have the forest enter untapped or get the new snow dual land Woodland Chasm .
5 months ago
on Power nap
7 months ago
I most certainly can! Archelos is super cool and can really warp a landbase, as now you can include so many tap lands that normally aren't too powerful, not only giving you that sort of ability but also making the land base WAY cheaper! You also have to think about the lands BEFORE you put our Archelos though, and so I'd say a balance between better lands and tap lands are what you probably want to head towards. What you have so far looks wonderful, and certainly efficient, though again, you may want to include one cycle of a certain land, maybe Breeding Pool, Overgrown Tomb, and Watery Grave? These guys can help get Archelos out, but after he's out you won't necessarily have to take the shock damage from them which I'd say deserves them a good spot in the deck. Other ones that aren't necessary but could be worth considering are Hinterland Harbor, Woodland Cemetery, and Drowned Catacomb, since again they can come in untapped with Archelos and still be relatively good without him, and of course the bounce lands Simic Growth Chamber, Golgari Rot Farm, and Dimir Aqueduct, since they can get pretty powerful when they come in untapped. Since you have Fabled Passage, Evolving Wilds, and Terramorphic Expanse I'd say it's worth it to slot in a Ramunap Excavator or Crucible of Worlds, since you'd then get two landfall triggers per turn guaranteed, since you can continuously play the sac lands again and again. If this trick proves to be very helpful, you may want to consider slotting in more fetch lands like Prismatic Vista, Misty Rainforest, Verdant Catacombs, Polluted Delta, etc. Speaking of landfall triggers, I think Myriad Landscape would work AMAZING with Archelos, as not only would the Myriad come in untapped, but so would what it searches for, giving you three landfall triggers just off of that one card if you have two mana to spare. So honestly, I don't have too much to say about the lands, I think it's pretty solid at the moment though you may need to playtest a lot to know for sure, however, I did find a bunch of great cards that could work well with Archelos!
- Amulet of Vigor: If Archelos isn't out yet and you have a ton of tap lands, this guy could be of great use, especially for just a single mana.
- Root Maze: SUPER amazing card, this guy can tax everyone but you! On your upkeep untap archelos, have everything come in untapped, then tap him before your next turn and boom now everyone's artiafcts and lands come into played tapped for one mana besides yours.
- Coldsteel Heart: Basically a 2 mana, untapped mana rock with Archelos
- Cryptolith Fragment Flip: This guy can perform your goal of whittling away peoples health, as well as coming in untapped with Archelos. The flip side can also perform that whittling quite efficiently.
- Manascape Refractor: Comes in untapped- could be pretty fun to see how that works out!
- Arcane Signet: You should run this no matter what
- Orb of Dreams: Similar power and ability to root maze mentioned above, this can tax everyone else except you with Archelos
- Renegade Map: Basically 1 mana get a basic land if you have Archelos out
- Sphere of the Suns: Great with Archelos out and coming in untapped
- Terrarion: Seems pretty solid if it doesn't come in untapped
- Worn Powerstone: Like the rest, pretty sweet if it doesn't come in tapped and can be immediately used.
- Moss Diamond/Charcoal Diamond/Sky Diamond: Untapped ability again
- Honor-Worn Shaku: Allows you to tap archelos and get something out of it
- Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth: It's amazing why not run it
- Retreat to Hagra: Can be a great way of slowly ruining your opponent's health, especially with the extra land triggers I mentioned before
- Stasis: If you already have the things you need to slowly remove your opponents health, this can pretty much ensure victory.
- Verity Circle: SUPER amazing if I'm understanding it correctly, basically whenever your opponents play a creature since it comes in tapped with Archelos you draw a card, and has the second ability if you are ever in need of it
- A great way to slowly get rid of your opponents health is with recurring triggers that happen every turn, such as curses. Here are some that I found: Trespasser's Curse, Torment of Scarabs, Cruel Reality, Curse of Thirst, and Curse of Fool's Wisdom
- ANY COMBO WITH RETREAT TO CORALHELM. Edhrec names 1000+ combos with this card, so I'd recommend looking through it and seeing if you find anything that would work if you haven't already!
That's all I have, sorry it probably wasn't too much regarding the lands, but I hope I gave you some good stuff to think about! I honestly love the deck it has a super cool theme, and seems like it could work very well! That said though, hope this helps, and have a wonderful day!
7 months ago
Final Change Suggestions (1/21/21)
1 year ago
I'm not great at which big creatures or big spells should be your top-end; I think that's really up to you, and you certainly don't need to make it an all-creatures deck to use Kinnan for great value!
What I would definitely recommend is adding additional non-land mana sources to take advantage of her ability. Here are some good options:
Basalt Monolith is an honorable mention, in that it's a 1-card combo with Kinnan for infinite mana - but maybe this is OK for you, since it doesn't produce any colored mana so you can't just put your whole deck on the battlefield?
I hope that helps!
2 years ago
I'mma be real with ya, chief... make Gargos, Vicious Watcher your commander. If not him, then Rosheen Meanderer . There is no reason for Gyrus, Waker of Corpses to be your general, as he's literally antithetical to casting X-spells! He can get almost none of your stuff back; just cut black and red, add some cards like Drumhunter , Abzan Beastmaster , Tuskguard Captain , Spearbreaker Behemoth , Moss Diamond , and heaping piles pf ramp.
In fact, if you want something a little less typical, it may be better to make a Marath, Will of the Wild deck with Paleoloth s, Spellbreaker Behemoth s, and all the removal, rocks, and ramp your heart could desire.
Still, that's all my opinion. Your deck is yours.
2 years ago
I would swap some of the wurms out with some more ramp spells. Granted you are in a budget so I would say cards like Moss Diamond , Selesnya Keyrune , Rampant Growth , and Search for Tomorrow would be some good additions. Also get up to 34-36 lands since you have got a lot of high drop creatures and missing land drops will screw you over in the long run.