Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
|Pauper Duel Commander||Legal|
Moss Diamond enters the battlefield tapped.
: Add .
2 months ago
OK, Update Time! :
In addition to the other mentioned cards from the comments that finally got in, i managed to get my hands on some stuff:
Arasta of the Endless Web went in for good Blockers (and it is a Enchantment Creature)
Verduran Enchantress for more Draw with the Enchantment Syergy
Ruination just a little bit too brutal. And put some more NonBasic Lands in
7 months ago
Forced Adaptation feels too slow for me in a deck like this. Compare to Hydra's Growth - you're not going to be casting either til turn 3 at least anyway (as you have no targetable 1-drops). On turn 3 with Hydra, you'll swing +1 counters, then turn 4 you'll swing with +2, then +4.... I know the point of Forced Adaptation is that no one can ever take those counters away from Skullbriar, I just would prefer running some form of graveyard recursion akin to Phyrexian Delver, rather than simply turning your commander into an even bigger removal magnet.
The deck also looks a bit lacking in mana ramp, which you'll very much need since you're going to be racking up commander tax. A few good budget options - Arcane Signet Rampant Growth Coldsteel Heart is an upgrade over Moss Diamond Golgari Signet Talisman of Resilience Gyre Sage
As far as draw goes... I love the Colossal Majesty type effects. Garruk's Uprising, however, seems like a weak choice to me. There are only 5 creatures (6 if you buff your commander a little) that will trigger its third ability, and likewise its first ability has a decent chance of being unusable when you draw the card. Its trample ability is great, but I think there are probably better ways of accomplishing that in the deck already. I would honestly cut this for something like Deeproot Champion, which would be awesome with how many non-creature spells you have.
9 months ago
MuricanSheepdog Np, just trying to help out someone starting. The main things to focus on are the cards with effects that won't help towards the main strategy. Some cards to replace would be, CREATURES: Arborea Pegasus, Dire Wolf Prowler, Elturgard Ranger, Hill Giant Herdgorger (The problem with him is that even though it does get you 3 life, for 6 mana and a creature with no other abilities is a bit too much mana to cast compared to some others cards that can gain life), Planar Ally (not sure how much you want dungeon crawling to play into the deck, but with most of these cards, you could honestly build another deck centered around it instead of putting it into this deck), INSTANTS: You Hear Something on Watch, Plummet, Repel the Vile(even if these are removal for cards, some other cards do what they do better and are still less than a dollar in price), SORCERIES: Compelled Duel, ARTIFACTS: Delver's Torch,Treasure Chest(This may seem like a really good card, but for 3 to cast and 4 to activate, making it essentially 7 mana to either gain 3 life and draw 3 cards, or lose 2 mana in total, the card seems like it has more of a chance to whiff rather than help in its effect,((don't worry, I would have fallen for that too))). Since you said your struggling to get mana, some "ramp" I would put in the deck would be Rampant Growth, Reclaim the Wastes, Roiling Regrowth, and Crop Rotation. Those should get you lands out quickly to play your commander sooner. Some artifacts I would also put in would be Commander's Sphere, Sol Ring, Moonsilver Key (this can search out Sol Ring from your deck), Moss Diamond, and Marble Diamond. Those are the ones off of the top of my head. Sorry if it's a bit long, I didn't want to make it 2 comments. If you still have any questions, feel free to ask away again, and I'll be happy to help out. :]
1 year ago
I would add: Nature's Lore, Rampant Growth, Three Visits, Moss Diamond, Skyclave Relic, Glorious Sunrise, Elvish Mystic, Llanowar Elves, Arbor Elf, Llanowar Tribe, Reclamation Sage, Bala Ged Sanctuary Flip Bane of Bala Ged Avenger of Zendikar Wood Elves Farhaven Elf Priest of Titania Archetype of Endurance Old Gnawbone Soul of the Harvest Scavenging Ooze Wolfbriar Elemental Howl of the Nightpack Harrow Scavenger Grounds Ezuri, Renegade Leader
1 year ago
Letter of Acceptance is a new pauper mana rock as well! Pentad Prism is good for mana fixing. Marble Diamond , Sky Diamond , Charcoal Diamond , Fire Diamond , and Moss Diamond are one of every color. Spectral Searchlight was recently reprinted as a common in Commander Legends.
1 year ago
What are your thoughts on 2 mana ramp spells like Rampant Growth as oppose to 2 mana rocks like Charcoal Diamond or Moss Diamond ? I feel that artifact ramp is more likely to be targeted by removal as oppose to having a land blown up. By grabbing a land out of my deck I'm able to ramp, fix my mana, and thin my deck slightly. Also with spells like Nature's Lore or Three Visits I can have the forest enter untapped or get the new snow dual land Woodland Chasm .
1 year ago
on Power nap
2 years ago
I most certainly can! Archelos is super cool and can really warp a landbase, as now you can include so many tap lands that normally aren't too powerful, not only giving you that sort of ability but also making the land base WAY cheaper! You also have to think about the lands BEFORE you put our Archelos though, and so I'd say a balance between better lands and tap lands are what you probably want to head towards. What you have so far looks wonderful, and certainly efficient, though again, you may want to include one cycle of a certain land, maybe Breeding Pool, Overgrown Tomb, and Watery Grave? These guys can help get Archelos out, but after he's out you won't necessarily have to take the shock damage from them which I'd say deserves them a good spot in the deck. Other ones that aren't necessary but could be worth considering are Hinterland Harbor, Woodland Cemetery, and Drowned Catacomb, since again they can come in untapped with Archelos and still be relatively good without him, and of course the bounce lands Simic Growth Chamber, Golgari Rot Farm, and Dimir Aqueduct, since they can get pretty powerful when they come in untapped. Since you have Fabled Passage, Evolving Wilds, and Terramorphic Expanse I'd say it's worth it to slot in a Ramunap Excavator or Crucible of Worlds, since you'd then get two landfall triggers per turn guaranteed, since you can continuously play the sac lands again and again. If this trick proves to be very helpful, you may want to consider slotting in more fetch lands like Prismatic Vista, Misty Rainforest, Verdant Catacombs, Polluted Delta, etc. Speaking of landfall triggers, I think Myriad Landscape would work AMAZING with Archelos, as not only would the Myriad come in untapped, but so would what it searches for, giving you three landfall triggers just off of that one card if you have two mana to spare. So honestly, I don't have too much to say about the lands, I think it's pretty solid at the moment though you may need to playtest a lot to know for sure, however, I did find a bunch of great cards that could work well with Archelos!
- Amulet of Vigor: If Archelos isn't out yet and you have a ton of tap lands, this guy could be of great use, especially for just a single mana.
- Root Maze: SUPER amazing card, this guy can tax everyone but you! On your upkeep untap archelos, have everything come in untapped, then tap him before your next turn and boom now everyone's artiafcts and lands come into played tapped for one mana besides yours.
- Coldsteel Heart: Basically a 2 mana, untapped mana rock with Archelos
- Cryptolith Fragment Flip: This guy can perform your goal of whittling away peoples health, as well as coming in untapped with Archelos. The flip side can also perform that whittling quite efficiently.
- Manascape Refractor: Comes in untapped- could be pretty fun to see how that works out!
- Arcane Signet: You should run this no matter what
- Orb of Dreams: Similar power and ability to root maze mentioned above, this can tax everyone else except you with Archelos
- Renegade Map: Basically 1 mana get a basic land if you have Archelos out
- Sphere of the Suns: Great with Archelos out and coming in untapped
- Terrarion: Seems pretty solid if it doesn't come in untapped
- Worn Powerstone: Like the rest, pretty sweet if it doesn't come in tapped and can be immediately used.
- Moss Diamond/Charcoal Diamond/Sky Diamond: Untapped ability again
- Honor-Worn Shaku: Allows you to tap archelos and get something out of it
- Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth: It's amazing why not run it
- Retreat to Hagra: Can be a great way of slowly ruining your opponent's health, especially with the extra land triggers I mentioned before
- Stasis: If you already have the things you need to slowly remove your opponents health, this can pretty much ensure victory.
- Verity Circle: SUPER amazing if I'm understanding it correctly, basically whenever your opponents play a creature since it comes in tapped with Archelos you draw a card, and has the second ability if you are ever in need of it
- A great way to slowly get rid of your opponents health is with recurring triggers that happen every turn, such as curses. Here are some that I found: Trespasser's Curse, Torment of Scarabs, Cruel Reality, Curse of Thirst, and Curse of Fool's Wisdom
- ANY COMBO WITH RETREAT TO CORALHELM. Edhrec names 1000+ combos with this card, so I'd recommend looking through it and seeing if you find anything that would work if you haven't already!
That's all I have, sorry it probably wasn't too much regarding the lands, but I hope I gave you some good stuff to think about! I honestly love the deck it has a super cool theme, and seems like it could work very well! That said though, hope this helps, and have a wonderful day!