Amulet of Vigor
Whenever a permanent enters the battlefield tapped and under your control, untap it.
|Have (2)||metalmagic ,|
Combos Browse all
- Amulet of Vigor + Patron of the Moon + Storm Cauldron
- Amulet of Vigor + Omnath, Locus of Rage + Perilous Forays
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Amulet of Vigor Discussion
2 weeks ago
Gaea's Will is the most breakable-looking thing I've seen so far, and it's got a good legacy of busted cards benid it. Living End decks might just have another new toy. It's my candidate for next on the banlist.
Lonis, Cryptozoologist is a cryptid hunter for the Simic? Can't they just breed or grow their own Bigfoot/Loch Ness Monster/whatever? Haven't they already, several times over? My interpretation is that Lonis tracks down and studies escaped experiments.
I'm very surprised there are more artifact lands. Even if they come in tapped, just toss an Amulet of Vigor into a Ravager deck. It'll be slower and rougher, but it got a lot of cards banned because nothing was faster and more reliable.
2 months ago
NVM saw Lotus Field comes in tapped and forgot I used to run it with other tapped lands with Amulet of Vigor . Sorry about that!
3 months ago
Have you considered adding Strip Mine ? With Crucible of Worlds or Lord Windgrace's second ability you can destroy an opponent's land each turn.
With a Fastbond you can play any number of lands each turn, then add Jaddi Offshoot to neutralize the negative effects of Fastbond. Add in any combination of Bounce lands including, but not limited to, Golgari Rot Farm and Dormant Volcano and you have an infinite combo you can stop at any time. If you go this route I'd suggest adding Amulet of Vigor .
3 months ago
Here are my picks for weakest cards, without much justification except that for the most part I don't see them doing anything important with Riku, too expensive for what they do, or are too specific:
Reshape the Earth
Pull from the Deep Volcanic Vision
Hazoret's Undying Fury
Decimate (since you need all legal targets, it can be awk to cascade into this one)
Amulet of Vigor
Wort, the Raidmother
Cast Through Time
However, I'll echo what another commenter said in that cascade doesn't interact with Riku all that much. I mean, you can copy the permanents or spells cast off of Cascade, but you can't meaningfully copy the Cascade cards. You could choose to cut the Cascade package instead. It's up to you and what you want to play.
So that's my first evil pass at 30 cuts. :)
3 months ago
The only other trick I know of for sure is abusing the bounce land Boros Garrison with multiple copies of Amulet of Vigor on the board so you get multiple untap triggers at once when it hits the field that you can respond to by tapping in between them on the stack to generate a massive amount of mana on your main phases.
on Power nap
4 months ago
I most certainly can! Archelos is super cool and can really warp a landbase, as now you can include so many tap lands that normally aren't too powerful, not only giving you that sort of ability but also making the land base WAY cheaper! You also have to think about the lands BEFORE you put our Archelos though, and so I'd say a balance between better lands and tap lands are what you probably want to head towards. What you have so far looks wonderful, and certainly efficient, though again, you may want to include one cycle of a certain land, maybe Breeding Pool, Overgrown Tomb, and Watery Grave? These guys can help get Archelos out, but after he's out you won't necessarily have to take the shock damage from them which I'd say deserves them a good spot in the deck. Other ones that aren't necessary but could be worth considering are Hinterland Harbor, Woodland Cemetery, and Drowned Catacomb, since again they can come in untapped with Archelos and still be relatively good without him, and of course the bounce lands Simic Growth Chamber, Golgari Rot Farm, and Dimir Aqueduct, since they can get pretty powerful when they come in untapped. Since you have Fabled Passage, Evolving Wilds, and Terramorphic Expanse I'd say it's worth it to slot in a Ramunap Excavator or Crucible of Worlds, since you'd then get two landfall triggers per turn guaranteed, since you can continuously play the sac lands again and again. If this trick proves to be very helpful, you may want to consider slotting in more fetch lands like Prismatic Vista, Misty Rainforest, Verdant Catacombs, Polluted Delta, etc. Speaking of landfall triggers, I think Myriad Landscape would work AMAZING with Archelos, as not only would the Myriad come in untapped, but so would what it searches for, giving you three landfall triggers just off of that one card if you have two mana to spare. So honestly, I don't have too much to say about the lands, I think it's pretty solid at the moment though you may need to playtest a lot to know for sure, however, I did find a bunch of great cards that could work well with Archelos!
- Amulet of Vigor: If Archelos isn't out yet and you have a ton of tap lands, this guy could be of great use, especially for just a single mana.
- Root Maze: SUPER amazing card, this guy can tax everyone but you! On your upkeep untap archelos, have everything come in untapped, then tap him before your next turn and boom now everyone's artiafcts and lands come into played tapped for one mana besides yours.
- Coldsteel Heart: Basically a 2 mana, untapped mana rock with Archelos
- Cryptolith Fragment Flip: This guy can perform your goal of whittling away peoples health, as well as coming in untapped with Archelos. The flip side can also perform that whittling quite efficiently.
- Manascape Refractor: Comes in untapped- could be pretty fun to see how that works out!
- Arcane Signet: You should run this no matter what
- Orb of Dreams: Similar power and ability to root maze mentioned above, this can tax everyone else except you with Archelos
- Renegade Map: Basically 1 mana get a basic land if you have Archelos out
- Sphere of the Suns: Great with Archelos out and coming in untapped
- Terrarion: Seems pretty solid if it doesn't come in untapped
- Worn Powerstone: Like the rest, pretty sweet if it doesn't come in tapped and can be immediately used.
- Moss Diamond/Charcoal Diamond/Sky Diamond: Untapped ability again
- Honor-Worn Shaku: Allows you to tap archelos and get something out of it
- Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth: It's amazing why not run it
- Retreat to Hagra: Can be a great way of slowly ruining your opponent's health, especially with the extra land triggers I mentioned before
- Stasis: If you already have the things you need to slowly remove your opponents health, this can pretty much ensure victory.
- Verity Circle: SUPER amazing if I'm understanding it correctly, basically whenever your opponents play a creature since it comes in tapped with Archelos you draw a card, and has the second ability if you are ever in need of it
- A great way to slowly get rid of your opponents health is with recurring triggers that happen every turn, such as curses. Here are some that I found: Trespasser's Curse, Torment of Scarabs, Cruel Reality, Curse of Thirst, and Curse of Fool's Wisdom
- ANY COMBO WITH RETREAT TO CORALHELM. Edhrec names 1000+ combos with this card, so I'd recommend looking through it and seeing if you find anything that would work if you haven't already!
That's all I have, sorry it probably wasn't too much regarding the lands, but I hope I gave you some good stuff to think about! I honestly love the deck it has a super cool theme, and seems like it could work very well! That said though, hope this helps, and have a wonderful day!
4 months ago
Dear FatMonkeyNutz, thank you for this great recommentation of Tideforce Elemental, i love it. I had not found that Boy while brewing this Deck last Nights. I didn't know he existed. :). I also planned Amulet of Vigor with both Triome Lands but was not sure, now i know its definly worth.
4 months ago
I like what you got going on here. There are a few cards from my deck that I'm thinking you might enjoy. Recently I found the combos between the place-a-land cards work well with Tideforce Elemental and Amulet of Vigor in place of Retreat to Coralhelm. It's a viable alternate combo piece, as well as Amulet of Vigor isnt a dead card without the others, nor is Tideforce. Plus, Amulet feeds in to unlimited mana with the existing landfall combos.