Tap: Add (1) to your mana pool.
Tap an untapped legendary permanent you control: Untap Honor-Worn Shaku.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Honor-Worn Shaku Discussion
1 week ago
Hail, fellow dwarf lover! Just a few suggestions!
The first one is that while the back of Lukka, Wayward Bonder is red, the whole card is considered to have the color identity of both sides, so white and red. Unfortunately that means that you won't be able to legally run the card in your mono red deck (though honestly it's up to your playgroup on how they want to follow that rule, as long as yall are on the same page!). The same thing goes for Alesha, Who Smiles at Death . That being said, both of those cards are good commanders in their own right, but can't be played in the deck legally :/
As for cards, she's quite a stout dwarf! Some of the interesting cards I've come across when playing against it are Springleaf Drum , any vehicles like Smuggler's Copter . Both can get a lot of value from tapping your commander. A weird but good card would be something like Honor-Worn Shaku . 3cmc mana rock that produces upwards of 3 mana means you can quickly hard cast some of your bigger permenants!
Also I wouldn't overlook some of the changelings! Things like Bloodline Pretender and Taurean Mauler can get pretty big! Changeling Berserker , if fetched from the deck using the commander's ability, is also a cheeky way of getting around a board wipe.
Kindred Charge could also be another wincon, as it either makes a TON of treasure with dwarves, or doubles down on dragon attacks.
And I'm not sure of your budget, but Embercleave can put in a lot of work too!
Hope these suggestions give you some ideas, and may your beard grow ever longer!
1 month ago
I did some more thinking and I can imagine trying out something like this:
- Honor-Worn Shaku -> Jeska's Will
- Loyal Apprentice -> Humble Defector
- Magus of the Wheel -> Ignite the Future
- Mountain -> Homeward Path
And then in the future probably:
3 months ago
Another option for tapping Kalamax is Honor-Worn Shaku .
on Power nap
3 months ago
I most certainly can! Archelos is super cool and can really warp a landbase, as now you can include so many tap lands that normally aren't too powerful, not only giving you that sort of ability but also making the land base WAY cheaper! You also have to think about the lands BEFORE you put our Archelos though, and so I'd say a balance between better lands and tap lands are what you probably want to head towards. What you have so far looks wonderful, and certainly efficient, though again, you may want to include one cycle of a certain land, maybe Breeding Pool, Overgrown Tomb, and Watery Grave? These guys can help get Archelos out, but after he's out you won't necessarily have to take the shock damage from them which I'd say deserves them a good spot in the deck. Other ones that aren't necessary but could be worth considering are Hinterland Harbor, Woodland Cemetery, and Drowned Catacomb, since again they can come in untapped with Archelos and still be relatively good without him, and of course the bounce lands Simic Growth Chamber, Golgari Rot Farm, and Dimir Aqueduct, since they can get pretty powerful when they come in untapped. Since you have Fabled Passage, Evolving Wilds, and Terramorphic Expanse I'd say it's worth it to slot in a Ramunap Excavator or Crucible of Worlds, since you'd then get two landfall triggers per turn guaranteed, since you can continuously play the sac lands again and again. If this trick proves to be very helpful, you may want to consider slotting in more fetch lands like Prismatic Vista, Misty Rainforest, Verdant Catacombs, Polluted Delta, etc. Speaking of landfall triggers, I think Myriad Landscape would work AMAZING with Archelos, as not only would the Myriad come in untapped, but so would what it searches for, giving you three landfall triggers just off of that one card if you have two mana to spare. So honestly, I don't have too much to say about the lands, I think it's pretty solid at the moment though you may need to playtest a lot to know for sure, however, I did find a bunch of great cards that could work well with Archelos!
- Amulet of Vigor: If Archelos isn't out yet and you have a ton of tap lands, this guy could be of great use, especially for just a single mana.
- Root Maze: SUPER amazing card, this guy can tax everyone but you! On your upkeep untap archelos, have everything come in untapped, then tap him before your next turn and boom now everyone's artiafcts and lands come into played tapped for one mana besides yours.
- Coldsteel Heart: Basically a 2 mana, untapped mana rock with Archelos
- Cryptolith Fragment Flip: This guy can perform your goal of whittling away peoples health, as well as coming in untapped with Archelos. The flip side can also perform that whittling quite efficiently.
- Manascape Refractor: Comes in untapped- could be pretty fun to see how that works out!
- Arcane Signet: You should run this no matter what
- Orb of Dreams: Similar power and ability to root maze mentioned above, this can tax everyone else except you with Archelos
- Renegade Map: Basically 1 mana get a basic land if you have Archelos out
- Sphere of the Suns: Great with Archelos out and coming in untapped
- Terrarion: Seems pretty solid if it doesn't come in untapped
- Worn Powerstone: Like the rest, pretty sweet if it doesn't come in tapped and can be immediately used.
- Moss Diamond/Charcoal Diamond/Sky Diamond: Untapped ability again
- Honor-Worn Shaku: Allows you to tap archelos and get something out of it
- Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth: It's amazing why not run it
- Retreat to Hagra: Can be a great way of slowly ruining your opponent's health, especially with the extra land triggers I mentioned before
- Stasis: If you already have the things you need to slowly remove your opponents health, this can pretty much ensure victory.
- Verity Circle: SUPER amazing if I'm understanding it correctly, basically whenever your opponents play a creature since it comes in tapped with Archelos you draw a card, and has the second ability if you are ever in need of it
- A great way to slowly get rid of your opponents health is with recurring triggers that happen every turn, such as curses. Here are some that I found: Trespasser's Curse, Torment of Scarabs, Cruel Reality, Curse of Thirst, and Curse of Fool's Wisdom
- ANY COMBO WITH RETREAT TO CORALHELM. Edhrec names 1000+ combos with this card, so I'd recommend looking through it and seeing if you find anything that would work if you haven't already!
That's all I have, sorry it probably wasn't too much regarding the lands, but I hope I gave you some good stuff to think about! I honestly love the deck it has a super cool theme, and seems like it could work very well! That said though, hope this helps, and have a wonderful day!
3 months ago
Stone-Seeder Hierophant seems like it'd do work here.
You might like these too: Oboro Breezecaller (essentially a second meloku, minus the tokens), Skyshroud Ranger, Chakram Retriever, Animist's Awakening, Kamahl's Druidic Vow, Genesis Wave, Pir's Whim, Hour of Promise, Reap and Sow, Sylvan Scrying, Squandered Resources, World Shaper, Elvish Rejuvenator, Words of Wind, Honor-Worn Shaku
4 months ago
How bout these? Illusionist's Bracers, Kuldotha Forgemaster, Knollspine Dragon, Sandstone Oracle, Buried Ruin, Kyren Negotiations, Honor-Worn Shaku, Curse of Opulence, Mycosynth Lattice, Unwinding Clock, Hair-Strung Koto
7 months ago
7 months ago
Fanatic of Mogis - I've found him to be lackluster, what has your experience been with it, do you usually have enough devotion to make him meaningful?
Pia and Kiran Nalaar - Similar to above, but I see you have another theme of tokens and damage dealing ETB enchantments/cards. I just find the activated ability to expensive and slow. I would always rather play something from my hand.
Deflecting Swat - Such an amazing card, but if only Norin could stay. What has your experience been with it in Norin, I'm very tempted to slot one in.
Sculpting Steel - Same question as above?
What is your meta comprised of, power level?
Darksteel Citadel - What is the purpose of this, stealing an artifact with confusion?
Roiling Vortex - Meta call?
Cloudstone Curio - Experience with this card, ups and downs?
It feels you suffer from red's lack of card draw, to be addressed in suggestions below. You have virtual card advantage through looting, but little card advantage aside from wheels and a little others.
Tome of Legends - Best card for Norin ever printed. Don't sleep on this
Endless Atlas - Almost as good as above
Mind's Eye/Memory Jar - Top of the curve for draw but can help you out when you need then late game. Mind's eye is especially fun with wheels and Honor-Worn Shaku, as you use shaku + norin and mind's eye to draw during each opponents draw step.
Blast Zone - Speaking of red's weakness, this can work as enchantment removal.
I think you should cut some of the less impactful non basics and add more basics. This will fuel valakut and will help you with extraplanar lens - which itself is a very risky card.
A cool combo (not a serious suggestion but funny to note) is Ugin, the Ineffable + Top + Experimental Frenzy = Draw your whole deck. Each piece is good on it's own (maybe even frenzy in this deck given your lack of card draw?) and Ugin works as both card draw and enchantment removal.
Heat Shimmer + Dualcaster = Infinite Hasty Dualcasters, each piece is good on it's own. There are 1-2 other cards that work with dualcaster as well but escape me at the moment.
Light Up the Stage - With all your damage dealing, this is easy to cast, works well with top too, allowing you to knowingly be able to cast a card rather than risk it in exile.
Ignite the Future - Similar to above but flashback payoff has won me games.
Curse of Opulence - Ramp and politics. I recently had 2 games in a row in a 3 man pod where me and opponent #2 both cast this on opponent #3 on Turn 1. Very fun
Outpost Siege - Draw when you need it, damage when you don't, primarily used for draw in my experience