Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Creature — Dragon Wizard
Whenever Dragon Mage deals combat damage to a player, each player discards their hand, then draws seven cards.
Zujiry on Rivaz EDH Dragon Tribal
6 months ago
Warum Vito? Für Lifelink?
Roghahh würd ich nochmal überlegen.
Der 3 Mana Sarkhan, Fireblood wäre noch ne Idee. Und Sarkhan's Unsealing.
Dragon's Hoard für Carddraw. Vllt Dragon Mage
Sheld on So you Like Cards - Nekusar edh
7 months ago
Hey! Nice deck. :)
I have a grixis deck with a draw/discard/wheel subtheme as well.
Here are some cards I use that you might consider: (You probably know most, but hopefully you'll like some.)
Arjun, the Shifting Flame - Incredible with any draw/discard trigger. (Locust God, Archfiend of Ifnir, ...)
wheels: Magus of the Wheel, Dragon Mage, Burning Inquiry
triggers: Kederekt Parasite, Sangromancer, Bone Miser
Lastly, you might want to checkout some Delve cards as they have great synergy with wheels.
Rivel on Mono red Dragon Deck V2
1 year ago
CardDraw 6 cards are directly labeled in the card draw section Sarkhan's Triumph, Dragon's Hoard, Faithless Looting, Jeska's Will, Magmatic Insight, Reforge the Soul. Though I do have draw from other sources such as creatures, ramp, discount, anthem, and land. Card draw from creatures: Runehorn Hellkite. Card draw from ramp: Mind Stone and Sarkhan, Fireblood. Card draw from discounts: Hazoret's Monument and Herald's Horn Card draw from anthem: The Immortal Sun and Vanquisher's Banner Card draw from land: Inventors' Fair, Scrying Sheets (potentially), Arch of Orazca, and Bonders' Enclave. All in all, I potentially have card draw from 11 sources, (13 if I technically include myriad landscapes and Burnished Hart). I haven't played with this deck yet so I cant say for certain whether or not that is too much or too little. If I want more card draw I would first like to look into Dragonstorm, Endless Atlas, Dragon Mage,Hedron Archive, Mind's Eye and lastly Sunbird's Invocation. I appreciate any advice on which ones I should prioritize, any alternatives or perhaps ones I should swap out immediately from my deck with ones in the maybe board. Till then once I make the deck and play it ill figure out from how it feels I suppose.
NTakamura on Mutiple Dragon Mages attacking an …
1 year ago
If there are mutiple Dragon Mage attacking and dealing combat damage, how does that work? So if I have 3 attacking will each one have you to discard and draw 7 or would it only look at one Dragon Mage and draw 7?
Dete on Borborygmos Enraged EDH
1 year ago
le podria Field of the Dead cambiando una basica o Cinder Glade por q no tiene tantas basicas.
si le ponemos Vesuva podriai ponerle tmb Dark Depths+ otra pa copiar Thespian's Stage, en volada pa hacer mas mana rapido ponerle tierras locus.
The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale en volada pa mantener al resto mas piola.
Ash Barrens, Crop Rotation, Expedition Map, Elvish Reclaimer, Evolution Charm, Realms Uncharted son todos buenos pa el enfoque en tierras y 4 son buenos pa buscar las de arriba.
Druid Class, Khalni Heart Expedition,, Azusa's Many Journeys Flip, Rites of Flourishing, Summer Bloom, cualquiera es buena pa esto.
ponerle otra copia del kruphix podria estar weno Augur of Autumn/Wayward Swordtooth
Scute Swarm hmm es muy weno jajaja,Tireless Provisioner, Veteran Explorer en volada son buenos tmb. Splendid Reclamation+Scapeshift≅The Mending of Dominaria, dependiendo q tanrapido lo queri hacer.
Dosan the Falling Leaf/Vexing Shusher/City of Solitude/Defense Grid pa tener un poco de defensa contra counters y otras cosas.
en mi opinion sacaria: Glint-Horn Buccaneer (mas q nada por q no me gusta mucho noma),Living Twister, sacaria 1 o 2 de cualquiera de los encantamientos q cuestan 5/6, Bag of Holding en volada tmb, Dragon Mage, Krosan Grip y/o java
podrias poner cartas con cycling o retrace, tmb Rites of Spring esta wena pa ponerla y Treasure Map Flip le puede dar un poco de mas seleccion de cartas. hmmm le dejaria igual Mulch y añadiria Winding Way por lo mismo.
Guerric on [Primer] Unleash the Dragon! *Updated*
1 year ago
Update February 16, 2022
I need to get around to finishing the primer, and there are a few dragons printed in recent sets that I am considering for the deck. The following are on my list-
1) Kairi, the Swirling Sky This new dragon has a lot of potential. What is most important is its ward ability, which can cause targeted removal against us to fizzle. Being able to use Scion's ability to protect itself is the best, and we heavily rely on Silumgar, the Drifting Death and Quicksilver Dragon for this. More protection pieces are highly welcome. It's also nice to have consolation for when Scion dies to a board wipe. Getting to mill some more dragons into our graveyard or draw some of our many instants and sorceries for free is a great value, and there may be times when we want to get some revenge by bouncing some of our opponent's non-creature permanents. This is good value all around.
2) Iymrith, Desert Doom While the ward affect is a bit conditional here, we'll still be able to use it more than we think, particularly if we haven't attacked or have something that gave us vigilance. Its far better than Palladia-Mors, the Ruiner, which showed promise but was very unlikely to help us out. The amazing thing here though is simply that it can draw cards, and helps us especially when we're down and can reload to three. This is the entire reason we run Dragon Mage, and it will be a super nice addition.
3) Lathliss, Dragon Queen I've thought about adding this for years, and maybe now will be the time. While it's not quite Utvara Hellkite and is less good as a Scion activation, it can still be pretty problematic for our opponents when we recur or mass recur, and could feasbily win a lot of games. I'll probably run it.
4) Old Gnawbone This is the best card printed for the deck in years. Its floor is high and it's ceiling is the sky. It's also very on theme for Dragons to hoard treasure! The only problem is its price tag in real world $, so it probably won't go in for now. Nonetheless, I'll be watching for when it either drops at rotation or enjoys a reprint.
multimedia on Olivia, Crimson Bride Commander
1 year ago
Hey, you're welcome. Some more advice is streamline the creatures, reduce down to the best creatures you want to reanimate with Olivia and the best support to make that happen. Consider a toolbox concept with tutors and more looting? Streamlining will help to cut the redundancy that you don't need from creatures. By cutting many high CMC creatures for lower CMC reanimation enablers this also reduces the mana curve which is very high right now at 4.5.
The idea is the enablers help to find the better high CMC creatures you want to reanimate with Olivia/get them into your graveyard. Since the enablers are less mana then you can realistically cast them, hopefully before you cast Olivia. By reducing the mana curve then you could cut some lands: 1x Swamp and 1x Mountain.
Example of streamline current creature base (cuts number of creatures in half):
- Master of Cruelties
- Port Razer
- Rune-Scarred Demon
- Burning-Rune Demon
- Rakdos the Defiler
- Dragon Mage
- Archon of Cruelty
- Balefire Dragon
- Sepulchral Primordial
- Meteor Golem
- Noxious Gearhulk
- Flayer of the Hatebound
The other creature spots would be for support.
- Yahenni, Undying Partisan
- Chainer, Nightmare Adept
- Solemn Simulacrum
- Falkenrath Aristocrat
- Gravebreaker Lamia
Rakdos the Defiler and Archon of Cruelty are better than the other high CMC creatures here who can make opponents sac permanents/creature. Dragon Mage is better than the other high CMC creatures here who draw cards. Sepulchral Primordial makes all the other creatures who reanimate and gain control of opponent creatures redundant. Meteor Golem and Noxious Gearhulk are better than the other creatures who can destroy a creature and Noxious gains life. Balefire Dragon is better than other creatures who do damage to opponent creatures.
With a higher budget these are some changes to consider for more help to setup Olivia:
- Entomb or Cathartic Reunion --> Dark Hatchling
- Buried Alive --> Ruin Grinder
- Unmarked Grave --> Tyrant of Discord
- Demonic Tutor or Seize the Spoils --> Torgaar, Famine Incarnate
- Vampiric Tutor or Unexpected Windfall --> Bladegriff Prototype
- Vile Entomber --> Demon of Loathing
- Anje Falkenrath --> Ink-Eyes, Servant of Oni
- Cathartic Reunion --> Demon of Wailing Agonies
- Seize the Spoils --> Anowon, the Ruin Sage
- Unexpected Windfall --> Greater Harvester
These changes are cutting some high CMC creatures to add tutors and/or more looting. I offer more advice in another comment if you're interested. Would you like me to continue?
LSGAvatar on Kaalia of The Vast
1 year ago
unstable_anomaly Liesa, Lyra, and Sower of Discord have been wonderful for me the only card I havent had much luck with us Utvara but that's mainly because I usually never get it but I'm also never in the state where I want to Tutor for him cause there are better options. I did run the extra combat cards but opted out for more creatures, but I would recommend Aggravated Assault + Dragon Mage + Smothering Tithe for extra combat shenanigans I did it once and it was very fun. I also ran Indulgent Tormentor, Syphon Mind, and Harvestor of Souls but tried without them and added more tutors, I found it felt better consistently but at that point it's more about luck than if one way is better than the other. Never tried Immortal Sun or Robe of Stars in the deck but they actually seem really good. I'll definitely check them out and this deck is my favorite deck so I also did a long comment
|Have (3)||metalmagic , rhinoloupe , BillyBalverine|