Creature — Giant Warrior
Cowards can't block Warriors.
: Target creature becomes a Coward until end of turn.
: Target creature becomes a Warrior until end of turn.
Printings View all
|Duel Decks: Mind vs. Might (DDS)||Uncommon|
|Future Sight (FUT)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Boldwyr Intimidator occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.0%
Boldwyr Intimidator Discussion
1 month ago
Regarding Rogue's Passage : as it has cmc 0, I'm pretty sure you can't target him with it.
5 months ago
Very nice I am especially a fan of the lumbering Satyr. You forgot pretty much the best shadow creature though: Soltari Visionary , also consider Boldwyr Intimidator , Crescendo of War , Nature's Revolt , Hunter's Insight -- which cannot be countered if you cast it during your combat phase Wishmonger .
1 year ago
very similar to a deck of mine for trading / stealing mechanics, Tom Cruise Crazy, linked here for ease very nice well rounded deck.
I would suggest a couple of odd alternitives for equipment - while it doesn't quite give the same boost (+3/+2 instead of +3/+3), Grafted Wargear equips for , and can be used to get rid of creatures much like the demonmail.
I hope this helps, keep up the good work!
1 year ago
Sorcery - Uncommon
As an additional cost to cast ~, return an artifact card you own in exile to your graveyard.
You may cast ~ as if it had flash if it targets a creature that is attacking you.
Target creature has base base power and toughness 0/1, loses all abilities and cannot be tapped until end of turn.
New challenge: Create a card with the Creature subtype "Coward" to oppose the Boldwyr Intimidator, BUT, try to make it good enough to actually see some kind of play.
1 year ago
Legendary Creature - Weird
Other Weirds and Wizards you control get +1/+1 and have Haste.
Cast five Instants or Sorceries: Take an extra turn.
I wasn't sure how to word the ability, so I turned it into an activated ability instead. Only kicks in when five spells are cast, which even in Commander will be difficult to pull off without serious build behind it. Would probably get banned rather quick, in my opinion.
Would be possible with tons of 1 and 2 CMC spells, but you also deplete your hand big time so I don't think it's really that easy to abuse, unless you ALSO incorporate a serious draw engine into it as well.
You know Boldwyr Intimidator? Well, make a creature with the Coward subtype.
1 year ago
Warriors are fairly aggressive, I would recommend cutting down to 36 lands.
Purphoros, God of the Forge can take advantage of the tokens you are making. Ruric Thar, the Unbowed punishes your opponents for playing non creature spells (he can hit you, but it is totally worth it).
I've made a pretty decent Najeela warrior EDH, there are more cards in the deck that I didn't mention that you might find useful.
Commander / EDH*
SCORE: 5 | 5 COMMENTS | 138 VIEWS | IN 2 FOLDERS
I would definitely recommend taking a look at my deck, it might give you some more ideas (and it would help me out too ;P).
1 year ago
Nice deck! Here are some additional ideas:
- Mardu Woe-Reaper; cheap to cast and gives you some graveyard-hate options. The lifegain helps too.
- Bramblewood Paragon; nice boost for every warrior you summon from here on out.
- Stonehoof Chieftain; bit expensive to cast but still a warrior; provides some hefty bonuses for your creatures.
- Boldwyr Intimidator; this card adds so much flavor to a warrior deck; and it's fun to use as well.
- Mardu Strike Leader; fantastic way to swamp the battlefield with warriors.
- Blood-Chin Fanatic; great way to utilize creatures that were already doomed anyway.
- Ankle Shanker; turns all your attacking creatures into instant death for anything that dares to block.
- Windstorm; since you do not use any fliers, this can be a great one-sided boardwipe against any players that do.
- Shared Animosity; since all of your creatures are warriors, this gets out of hand really fast.
- Raiders' Spoils; fantastic opportunity for some additional card draw.
- Oketra's Monument; more warrior tokens for you.
Hope any of this makes sense. Happy gaming! And should you have the time and inclination, I would appreciate feedback on one of my EDH decks. Thanks.
2 years ago
Add something like these cards since it seems you're going more into a warrior theme
You're going to need some more ramp in this deck I suggest adding the signets and Sol Ring to speed up your army