|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Rare|
|Dragons of Tarkir (DTK)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Human Warrior
Creatures with power less than Den Protector's power can't block it.
Megamorph (You may cast this card face down as a 2/2 creature for . Turn it face up at any time for its megamorph cos and put a +1/+1 counter on it.)
When Den Protector is turned face up, return target card from your graveyard to your hand.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (25)||ibraJG84 , ironax , Justinaut , GoldGhost012 , Vasbear1 , Doom_of_Valyria , Mortiferus_Rosa , Tiddilywinkus , Lindough , CAPT.Shock , Friedrice24 , TehDelta , thetechzombie , JAT0 , , damo_rox , brentkc49 , Shiromakuro , BladeMasta220 , mziter501 , abby315 , bpiser95 , Kleptozaniac , ninjaclevs13 , a_murpheus|
|Want (25)||marsp44 , KevinsAreolas , kovellen , Stryfe_ , notsaying , fluffybunny35 , JuiceboxHero , afeuling , Talonisnthavingit , Hakira , ryuzaki32667 , kvfd1719 , deundefeatable , Rathe , ohreamsy , MementoMuffin , Dr_Jay , dmage105 , imapuncha , Blindoromo , InertSteak , dragombra , AlphaTDog , godmodium , itskevinmiller|
Den Protector Discussion
4 days ago
1 week ago
Here are some other options you could consider Bloodsoaked Champion, Goblin Bushwhacker, Pelt Collector, Rhys the Redeemed, Chief of the Edge, Chief of the Scale, Decorated Champion, Den Protector, Duskwatch Recruiter Flip, Hidden Dragonslayer, Rushblade Commander, Thorn Lieutenant, Voltaic Brawler, and Blood-Chin Fanatic.
Also a quick note about the mana base. Having so few basics in the deck could be quite dangerous. Certainly there is always the possibility of not hitting the correct colors, but having more basics lets you use more flexible ramp and as is, a Blood Moon or Ruination would be crushing.
Last_Laugh on animar
1 month ago
Again, I'd cut most of your non-creature spells. Most all of these effects can be replaced with creature versions.
I.e. counterspells can be Draining Whelk, Glen Elendra Archmage, and Stratus Dancer. Ramp/mana fixing can be any number of mana dorks like Utopia Tree, Bloom Tender, Manaweft Sliver, etc. and I'd 100% make room for Beastcaller Savant, Sakura-Tribe Elder, and Vizier of the Menagerie. Removal can be Duplicant or either Ulamog. Card draw can be Prime Speaker Zegana, Tishana, Voice of Thunder, Garruk's Packleader, and/or the only non-creature I'm suggesting, Glimpse of Nature. Graveyard recursion can be Eternal Witness and Den Protector.
2 months ago
Alright, after some review of the actual Tcgplayer prices, Glen Elendra Archmage got to be a part of this Timmy dream! I also realized that Artisan of Kozilek and Den Protector are two recursion cards that I already had in the deck. For anyone checking this out, I still need some board wipe protection. After some playtests, I found that coming back from a wiped board of 7 creatures and an 8/8 Animar, Soul of Elements is kinda slow. A few creatures that can protect against this, not necessarily protecting the whole board but themselves, would be great.
3 months ago
I'm not running mana dorks for the sole reason that they aren't tribal. The only cards that are in the deck that aren't tribal are cards that actually do something extra, that have more value than a mana dork can give.
Admittedly, I had the Aether Vial in there as kind of a place holder. I play in a group that doesn't see it as big of a threat, so they will allow me to get it up to 3 and 4 counters and let it stick for a while. However I did take it out.
Amulet of Vigor is so good in the deck because I run so many shock lands. This way I don't have to kill myself for having my lands come into play untapped. Also with Najeela, the Blade-Blossom the tokens that come into play will enter the battlefield tapped normally, but if I have Amulet of Vigor out they will enter untapped and still attacking. A sort of pseudo vigilance.
I appreciate the feedback you've given me, and please keep chiming in once my deck keeps being updated.
3 months ago
Biggest issue I see here is a lack of focus and not enough creatures for a creatures only matter deck.
Animar, Soul of Elements wants two main things: Cast creatures and get +1/+1 counters to cast larger creatures. Everything in the deck should be focused on those two goals.
Setting up the deck to achieve this purpose will make it efficient and powerful. All cards should therefore do one of the following:
- Ramp up to Animar.
- Protect Animar.
- Place counters on Animar.
- Cast game ending creatures for cheap or free.
- Draw cards to allow us to do 1 through 4.
Priority should be given to cards that does something now > does something before your next turn > does something on your next turn > does something eventually.
Because Animar offers a discount based on creatures played, the deck shouldn't be filled with only high cmc game enders, but creatures from low to high cmc, preferably with as little colored mana symbols as possible, to give the deck a natural progression to casting free or cheap high cmc game ending creatures.
Let's split the deck into 3 parts. Pre-Animar setup, Post-Animar setup, Finale.
Note that $: (0 to 0.99), $$: (1.00 to 4.99), $$$: (5.00 to 9.99), $$$$: (10.00 to 19.99), !$!: (20.00+)
Unnecessary on a computer, very helpful on a phone.
- Exotic Orchard is pretty good and cheap and can usually offer every color in multiplayer, especially if an opponent has a Command Tower out or even a Vivid Grove without even needing charge counters. - Kazoo lands such as Simic Growth Chamber, Izzet Boilerworks, and Gruul Turf are good in casual EDH where there is lack of land destruction and they artifically increase your deck ammount by posing as two lands in one. Though overall you do not want too many tap lands as you'll constantly be a entire turn behind.
- Zhur-Taa Druid creature ramp & burn. $
- Bloom Tender creature ramp. !$!
- Coiling Oracle ramp or card draw. $
- Cyclonic Rift removal or 1-sided board wipe. $$$$
- Explore ramp and card Draw. $
- Sakura-Tribe Elder creature ramp and color fix. $$
- Sylvan Caryatid creature ramp and color fix. $$
- Beastcaller Savant creature ramp and color fix. $$
- Kiora's Follower creature ramp or vigilance on a stick. $
- Rattleclaw Mystic creature ramp and color fix. $
- Walking Atlas potentially free creature ramp. $
- Simic Charm so versatile. $
- Lightning Greaves Protection and quick haste for a large creature. $$
- Spellskite For those , & removals. $$$
- Ring of Kalonia Ramp every turn and makes Animar a lot more threatening. $
- Sage of Fables Emergency card draw. $$
- Pestermite Vigilance, chump blocker vs flying or stopping a giant creature. $
- Guided Passage One of the best card draw and pick your poison spells ever. $$
- Pir, Imaginative Rascal A creature hardened scales and specific tutor. $$
- Cloudstone Curio An auto include if you can afford it. $$$$
- Temur Ascendancy Makes all your casted creatures threatening and some card draw. $
- Phyrexian Metamorph Costs 2 life and can do so much for you. $$$
- Solemn Simulacrum Free ramp, chump blocker and card draw. $$
- Faerie Artisans It doesn't look like much, this is card can get crazy. $$
- Toothy, Imaginary Friend A growing monstrocity that explodes into cards. $$
- Silent Arbiter Protection against swarm decks. $$
- Xenagos, God of Revels Game ender. $$
- Vesuvan Shapeshifter On your upkeep, you may pay to clone the biggest and baddest mofo on the field. $
- Deepglow Skate Potential huge ramp for just . $$$
- Progenitor Mimic Very dangerous to copy one of the heavy hitters in this deck. $$
- Consecrated Sphinx All the card draw. $$$
- Deadwood Treefolk Repeatable creature recusion. $
- Steel Hellkite Situational, but very deadily against token decks. $
- Great Oak Guardian Great, quick surprise block when tapped out. $
- Pathbreaker Ibex Quick, game ender. $$
- Thunderfoot Baloth Setup for getting past defenses. $$
- Scourge of the Throne Depending on the situation, can be deadly. !$!
3 months ago
Your list looks really sweet, and you've hit most of the really powerful warriors, but I think you might want to work on your curve a bit. You have a ton of 3-drops, and very few 2-drops, and Najeela is very good if you curve another warrior into her. Some options to consider in the 2-drop slot are Mindblade Render, Blood-Chin Rager, and Den Protector for some warriors, and Fellwar Stone or signets for some early ramp. You've got a couple of 1-drops that I'm not sold on: Aether Vial and Amulet of Vigor. Without many 1 or 2-drops, vial seems much worse, and I don't really see what you want to be untapping with the amulet. What I think would be very good in this deck are 1-cmc dorks, since they allow you to skip past your weak 2-drops and right on to your commander and other 3-drops. Birds of Paradise and Carpet of Flowers are all very good options for that.
3 months ago
First I would just like to thank you ThallionDarkshine, for your feedback in regards of this deck.
I do agree that Toothy, Imaginary Friend and Pir, Imaginative Rascal, are great for an Atraxa deck. I did originaly have them both in the deck, but I just have a hunch that Toothy is an too slow of a card drawer, because he gives you the cards after he leaves the battlefield. And I have too many cards that have a supporting role, rather than doing being a threat of their own.
I have categorized the cards in the deck. If you press the "group" text just above the deck list, and you scroll down the bottom, you will find a text saying "costume categories". If you pressing it you will transferred to my decklist in a for showcasing the intent of the cards.
But I will play more with the deck, and I will mostlikely try and put Pir and maybe even Toothy back in the deck, since they sinergica so well with the rest of the deck.
Den Protector is a card that I did not know about. I do agree that it seems to be a very good card, and I will try to find a card to replace it with.
Thanks again for your comment ThallionDarkshine