Creature — Centaur Warrior
Whenever another creature you control attacks, it gains trample and indestructible until the end of turn.
Printings View all
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Stonehoof Chieftain occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%
Stonehoof Chieftain Discussion
4 days ago
3 months ago
Omnath as main damage outlet (Go Tall)
- Plenty of creature based mana ramp from elves like Greenweaver Druid , Selvala, Heart of the Wilds , and Oracle of Mul Daya as well as all the classic elf ramp cards like Llanowar Elves
- Mana ramp sorcery spells like Tempt with Discovery and Traverse the Outlands
- Increase Mana generation from each land per turn with cards like Doubling Cube , Vernal Bloom , Wilderness Reclamation , Bear Umbra , Caged Sun , and Nature's Will
- Increase the Mana generation from each tapped creature each turn from cards like Leyline of Abundance , and increase the amount of mana gained by having more elves with cards like Wirewood Channeler , Rishkar, Peema Renegade , Priest of Titania , and Joraga Treespeaker .
- Increase both of the above with Seedborn Muse , which, along with Tempt with Discovery , only gets stronger the more opponents you have.
Elf synergy as secondary source of damage (Go Wide)
- Pump elves with other elves with help of cards like Elvish Archdruid , Elvish Champion , Ezuri, Renegade Leader Imperious Perfect , and Joraga Warcaller
- Elf token creation with cards with Elvish Promenade , Freyalise, Llanowar's Fury , and Imperious Perfect
Protection for both commander and high value Elves
- Basic equipment like Lightning Greaves , Swiftfoot Boots , Darksteel Plate , and Whispersilk Cloak to slow down or stop removal
- Asceticism , Stonehoof Chieftain , Archetype of Endurance , and Vigor as creatures and enchantments to protect your board.
Win Condition enablers
- Helix Pinnacle to use up mana on if Omnath is ever about to be destroyed.
- Triumph of the Hordes for trample and infect for a fast win combines with other trample abilities from cards like Stonehoof Chieftain , and Ezuri, Renegade Leader to allow you to force damage through.
- Hydra's like Primordial Hydra and Hydra Broodmaster provide other mana outlets to instantly set up fast overwhelming armies.
3 months ago
Stonehoof Chieftain seems like a good inclusion.
7 months ago
My only concern is that you have too few bombs. When your Eggs (Changelings / tokens) die, you may end up revealing another small Changling, which isn't advancing your boardstate very much.
I'd suggest removing the Changelings for large creatures with huge threat levels. In my deck that I am building, I run Avenger of Zendikar as well as Chancellor of the Forge since they create vast swaths of tokens. I also have other large and immediate threats, too such as Avacyn, Angel of Hope and Aurelia, the Warleader . You want creatures who can stand on their own, without reliance on others. This means no Craterhoof Behemoth because if you get him out and you only have 3x other creatures, he is a dud. However, if you get out Stonehoof Chieftain , he is always going to be a strong asset, even if left alone. The same holds true for creatures such as Utvara Hellkite . Even if he is your only creature, he threatens everyone by self-fulfilling his own desire to span massive amounts of Dragons. Meanwhile, Scourge of Valkas is relatively weak because if he is the only Dragon you get out, he only deals 1 damage.
Look for giant threats who stand on their own, but also who don't have immense CMCs. You'd want to be able to play these creatures on curve if need be, or even a little ahead with ramp. This means no giant Eldrazi as they are just too large and if you draw into them, they are duds in your hand.
1 year ago
this is great, I'm so gonna make one of these, just with more clones and less of other stuff, so you are literally playing their deck with your cards, ecept for Stonehoof Chieftain which is a game ender once you have copied some huge creatures. by the way, this deck needs Alchemist's Refuge , you can replace a basic mountain for it, since the deck needs very little red. Alchemist's Refuge is a budget Vedalken Orrery which lets you cast Rite of Replication on the player's endstep right before your turn on your Biovisionary , winning you the game right there.
1 year ago
imSandstorm: It depends on the situation. If I have one fatty I know I could take someone out like Blightsteel Colossus in hand I'll use TnN to cheat it out. If I have nothing going on I will entwine it for the following combinations depending on the situation:
- Malignus + Stonehoof Chieftain / Void Winnower = This combo will essentially give Malignus evasion.
- Void Winnower + Ruric Thar, the Unbowed / Temur Sabertooth = My favorite targets for a control/boardwipe heavy meta.
- Eternal Witness + Temur Sabertooth = A recursion combo in a slower meta where I can have e wit get tooth and nail back for more tutoring.
- Worldspine Wurm + Archetype of Endurance = Forces opponents to deal with Wurm via boardwipe.
There's more combination that I've used but those above are the common ones. As far as Rhythm of the Wild goes, I'm not convinced that it is good in this deck because Xenagos already provides haste and is hard to remove. Also this deck doesn't really care if creatures get countered since I run a redundant amount of fatties.
1 year ago
"Other" Section Observations:
Burgeoning good card, but you have alot of multiple lands per turn cards
Constant Mists solid
Crop Rotation Unnecessary imo
Life / Death Can only use one spell, can prob find something that is more impactful to the deck
Sylvan Advocate Good because it's a 2/3 for 2 mana, but only adds significant value with commitment to land creatures
Sylvan Library V good card, excels if you maintain lifegain sub-strategy
Titania, Protector of Argoth Only good if you commit to the graveyard recall sub-strategy
Traverse the Outlands fantastic, can this be turned into a win condition?
Volcanic Offering fun af, but probably better options for the card slot
Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger Print out Business Cards saying "GG" for when you play this
Zuran Orb A must have if you commit to graveyard recall + lifegain sub strategies
World Breaker kinda sucks for 7 mana
Bane of Progress a conditional 6 drop is risky; amazing sideboard card in our meta
Exsanguinate Love it.
Your non-creature game is strong, but your damage output is weak and is currently the biggest flaw facing your deck. Your best bet imo is to either rip out creatures and synergize removal + damage or add in a few more big trample creatures. I think your comparative advantage lies in creatures: you'll consistently have an ungodly mana pool to take advantage of them, and you're already relying on creatures for this concept to work.
Some good creatures for this deck: