Creature — Centaur Warrior
Whenever another creature you control attacks, it gains trample and indestructible until the end of turn.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (10)||Lindough , Clawsun73 , Vasbear1 , AlucardZain , MagnaAura , damo_rox , brentkc49 , Shiromakuro , Dimarx , mlouden03|
|Want (12)||Turtlelover73 , AlphaSp , snowmaster55555atgmaildotcom , Warxuaroz , Ranzetta , Fullmetalmage , Vestrinex , afeuling , angelx , arthurxisde , Ntothemana , Loading_Error|
Stonehoof Chieftain Discussion
6 days ago
Biggest issue I see here is a lack of focus and not enough creatures for a creatures only matter deck.
Animar, Soul of Elements wants two main things: Cast creatures and get +1/+1 counters to cast larger creatures. Everything in the deck should be focused on those two goals.
Setting up the deck to achieve this purpose will make it efficient and powerful. All cards should therefore do one of the following:
- Ramp up to Animar.
- Protect Animar.
- Place counters on Animar.
- Cast game ending creatures for cheap or free.
- Draw cards to allow us to do 1 through 4.
Priority should be given to cards that does something now > does something before your next turn > does something on your next turn > does something eventually.
Because Animar offers a discount based on creatures played, the deck shouldn't be filled with only high cmc game enders, but creatures from low to high cmc, preferably with as little colored mana symbols as possible, to give the deck a natural progression to casting free or cheap high cmc game ending creatures.
Let's split the deck into 3 parts. Pre-Animar setup, Post-Animar setup, Finale.
Note that $: (0 to 0.99), $$: (1.00 to 4.99), $$$: (5.00 to 9.99), $$$$: (10.00 to 19.99), !$!: (20.00+)
Unnecessary on a computer, very helpful on a phone.
- Exotic Orchard is pretty good and cheap and can usually offer every color in multiplayer, especially if an opponent has a Command Tower out or even a Vivid Grove without even needing charge counters. - Kazoo lands such as Simic Growth Chamber, Izzet Boilerworks, and Gruul Turf are good in casual EDH where there is lack of land destruction and they artifically increase your deck ammount by posing as two lands in one. Though overall you do not want too many tap lands as you'll constantly be a entire turn behind.
- Zhur-Taa Druid creature ramp & burn. $
- Bloom Tender creature ramp. !$!
- Coiling Oracle ramp or card draw. $
- Cyclonic Rift removal or 1-sided board wipe. $$$$
- Explore ramp and card Draw. $
- Sakura-Tribe Elder creature ramp and color fix. $$
- Sylvan Caryatid creature ramp and color fix. $$
- Beastcaller Savant creature ramp and color fix. $$
- Kiora's Follower creature ramp or vigilance on a stick. $
- Rattleclaw Mystic creature ramp and color fix. $
- Walking Atlas potentially free creature ramp. $
- Simic Charm so versatile. $
- Lightning Greaves Protection and quick haste for a large creature. $$
- Spellskite For those , & removals. $$$
- Ring of Kalonia Ramp every turn and makes Animar a lot more threatening. $
- Sage of Fables Emergency card draw. $$
- Pestermite Vigilance, chump blocker vs flying or stopping a giant creature. $
- Guided Passage One of the best card draw and pick your poison spells ever. $$
- Pir, Imaginative Rascal A creature hardened scales and specific tutor. $$
- Cloudstone Curio An auto include if you can afford it. $$$$
- Temur Ascendancy Makes all your casted creatures threatening and some card draw. $
- Phyrexian Metamorph Costs 2 life and can do so much for you. $$$
- Solemn Simulacrum Free ramp, chump blocker and card draw. $$
- Faerie Artisans It doesn't look like much, this is card can get crazy. $$
- Toothy, Imaginary Friend A growing monstrocity that explodes into cards. $$
- Silent Arbiter Protection against swarm decks. $$
- Xenagos, God of Revels Game ender. $$
- Vesuvan Shapeshifter On your upkeep, you may pay to clone the biggest and baddest mofo on the field. $
- Deepglow Skate Potential huge ramp for just . $$$
- Progenitor Mimic Very dangerous to copy one of the heavy hitters in this deck. $$
- Consecrated Sphinx All the card draw. $$$
- Deadwood Treefolk Repeatable creature recusion. $
- Steel Hellkite Situational, but very deadily against token decks. $
- Great Oak Guardian Great, quick surprise block when tapped out. $
- Pathbreaker Ibex Quick, game ender. $$
- Thunderfoot Baloth Setup for getting past defenses. $$
- Scourge of the Throne Depending on the situation, can be deadly. !$!
1 month ago
I took Stonehoof Chieftain because of the indestructibility he offers. Good point about my CMC. If i didnt know what my commander does, i wouldve screamed in terror tbh. Also nice reminder about my constant evasion, thanks PI3L0V3R, i appreciate it.
1 month ago
trust me you will thank me for this
- Sosuke, Son of Seshiro
- Raiders' Spoils
- Oketra's Monument
- Oketra the True
- Obsidian Battle-Axe
- Mardu Strike Leader
- Jedit Ojanen of Efrava
- Arashin Foremost
- Nath of the Gilt-Leaf
- Butcher of Malakir
- Fleshbag Marauder
- Merciless Executioner
- Stonehoof Chieftain
- Combat Celebrant
- Kazuul, Tyrant of the Cliffs
- Cliffhaven Vampire
- Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet
- Champion of Stray Souls
- Ivy Lane Denizen
- Jazal Goldmane
- Nacatl War-Pride
- Unstoppable Ash
- Yasova Dragonclaw
- Ahn-Crop Champion
- Vhati il-Dal
- Sedris, the Traitor King
- Bear Umbra
- Nature's Will
1 month ago
Find as much as you can with an excellent power:cmc ratio..
You could use some Dredge or self mill techniques to get stuff straight to your 'yard.
Aim for the creatures that you want to keep on the board to have trample since they'll be stacked with +1/+1 counters, and/or use Overrun effects (Pathbreaker Ibex, Decimator of the Provinces, Craterhoof Behemoth).
Phew, I'm spent for a bit now. Over to someone else!
1 month ago
Even though I imagine that you aren't going really competitive, I would say bench some of the expensive cards unless you can cheat them out. Imo Najeela runs better when you have more warriors out and attacking, so I would think about getting rid of either expensive creatures like Stonehoof Chieftain or even expensive spells like Kindred Dominance. I'll give you my list to show you what I did with these expensive spells when I had them: Najeela: Infinite Combats and Swinging and stuff
1 month ago
Nice deck! Here are some additional ideas:
- Mardu Woe-Reaper; cheap to cast and gives you some graveyard-hate options. The lifegain helps too.
- Bramblewood Paragon; nice boost for every warrior you summon from here on out.
- Stonehoof Chieftain; bit expensive to cast but still a warrior; provides some hefty bonuses for your creatures.
- Boldwyr Intimidator; this card adds so much flavor to a warrior deck; and it's fun to use as well.
- Mardu Strike Leader; fantastic way to swamp the battlefield with warriors.
- Blood-Chin Fanatic; great way to utilize creatures that were already doomed anyway.
- Ankle Shanker; turns all your attacking creatures into instant death for anything that dares to block.
- Windstorm; since you do not use any fliers, this can be a great one-sided boardwipe against any players that do.
- Shared Animosity; since all of your creatures are warriors, this gets out of hand really fast.
- Raiders' Spoils; fantastic opportunity for some additional card draw.
- Oketra's Monument; more warrior tokens for you.
Hope any of this makes sense. Happy gaming! And should you have the time and inclination, I would appreciate feedback on one of my EDH decks. Thanks.