|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|War of the Spark (WAR)||Mythic Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
Legendary Creature — Zombie God
Whenever you cast a creature spell, create a 4/4 black Zombie Warrior creature token with vigilance.
When God-Eternal Oketra is put into the graveyard or exile from the battlefield, you may put it into its owner's library third from the top.
God-Eternal Oketra Discussion
1 week ago
Other good cards for Primal Genesis
also replace some of the lands with artifact mana ramp there are some better ones like signets are better than lockets
1 week ago
What I am seeing is that you have a lot of solid cards that are great in a vacuum, but not a whole lot of cards that actually work well with one-another. In others words you don't just lack combo, you also lack synergy. The issue with a deck like this is that you may be casting spells and expanding your boardstate every turn, but you aren't doing anything impactful to the game.
- You may feel like you are going off, but really you are just playing random cards.
What you lack, overall, are bombs. You need cards that immediately threaten the presence of the game such as Craterhoof Behemoth .
However, your Commander is Captain Sisay , so I am going to suggest specifically Legendary spells. This in turn gives you synergy between your Commander and the rest of your board.
- Avacyn, Angel of Hope ; A strictly better version of Zetalpa, Primal Dawn
- Bow of Nylea : Increases the danger of attacking into you. Trust me, when players see this thing on the field, it immediately halts aggression
- Dosan the Falling Leaf : Stops blue decks in their tracks
- Ghalta, Primal Hunger : Toward the end of the game, this is effectively a 1-2 turn clock. What I mean is, if you play Ghalta after a wrath, he will take down an opponent typically in 1 or 2 attacks. If you play him before a wrath, you threaten entire boardstates as players will need to double and even triple block to absorb the damage. And if he gets countered, so what? You only paid for him, anyway. At least, in most cases
- God-Eternal Oketra : You are running a lot of creatures. This should be main-boarded with no exceptions
- Karametra, God of Harvests : She allows you to ramp by playing creatures. The hidden power of Karametra is that by taking lands directly from your deck, you thin your deck down. This in turn increases the probability of drawing into powerful cards sooner rather than later
- Konda, Lord of Eiganjo : Effectively an 8/8 you can swing with and block with every turn. Just this alone makes opponents rethink attacks because they know they will lose at least one thing. This means they must attack with two creatures, knowing at least one will die
- Linvala, Keeper of Silence : Snuffs out creature-focused combo decks
- Odric, Lunarch Marshal : Overall a powerful synergy piece once your boardstate is robust enough
- Parhelion II : Solid boardstate generator
- Shalai, Voice of Plenty : Stops a lot of midrange decks
- Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger : Gross
- Yeva, Nature's Herald : Play in response to actions. Give your opponents the least amount of time to react to your spells
- Zetalpa, Primal Dawn : Deadly beater
1 week ago
You may want to consider adding God-Eternal Oketra in place of another creature.
3 weeks ago
Friend of mine who's barely played MTG before (a prerelease about 5 years ago and some arena) borrowed this list for a local tournament and went 2-2 literally without sideboarding (I wasn't able to anticipate the field super well, so he wasn't sure what to bring in/out and just ran mainboarded every game.
God-Eternal Oketra is fantastic, next to nothing kills her and if you curve Monument into her you are in a damn good spot.
Archangel Avacyn Flip has very strong blowout potential against wraths and makes combat math a nightmare for opponents, but the potential to lose your entire board to a fatal push on an inspector the next turn makes me think we should go down to 0-1 of her and delegate her to the sideboard. Probably going up Oketras to match.
I think we only really want ~2 Bygone Bishop . I would go down two of those guys and one Hanweir Militia Captain Flip, our most mediocre card, for 3 Smuggler's Copter . We're playing Inspector and a ton of 1/X tokens anyways, this lets the weenies we make tap for value that same turn and gives us an evasive threat.
3 weeks ago
I like it. I don't know the age of your son, but it seems rather user-friendly. That is one of the nice features of these colors. I would suggest more card advantage. Perhaps something like a Skullclamp , Shamanic Revelation of maybe even a Dawn of Hope .
For green, it seems to be lacking in ramp. There is no shortage of ramp in these colors, but consider Cryptolith Rite .
Beastmaster Ascension is pretty much a must for any token deck.
Oketra is nice and works here. The other Oketra would be nice too God-Eternal Oketra .
1 month ago
I like what you're going for here. I love token gen decks, they really feel like you're amassing an army against your opponent. Some cards I'd consider adding:
Phantom General , Divine Visitation , Finale of Glory , Hour of Reckoning , Shield of the Avatar , Teferi's Protection , God-Eternal Oketra , Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx , and Helm of the Host . Also more cards with the populate mechanic.
Another neat trick for mana ramp in mono colored decks is to use Extraplanar Lens in combination with snow lands to double your mana production, since it's unlikely that your opponents will be using snow lands as well.
1 month ago
Nice, Karametra is super fun. Check out my list, you may find some goodies to add. Priority adds might be Burgeoning , Heroic Intervention , Lotus Cobra , Aura Shards , Tireless Tracker , Knight of Autumn , God-Eternal Oketra , and/or Vizier of the Menagerie .
No data for this card yet.