Champion of Stray Souls
Creature — Skeleton Warrior
, , Sacrifice X other creatures: Return X target creatures from your graveyard to the battlefield.
: Put Champion of Stray Souls on top of your library from your graveyard.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Champion of Stray Souls Discussion
6 days ago
Fun cards yet budget:
- Hermit Druid. Mill yourself big time.
- Endrek Sahr, Master Breeder. very budget, very nasty.
- Hornet Queen. smile widely, everytime you find her in the graveyard. 1/1 flying deathtouch is GOOD, and a wipe delivers 5 counters for Meren.
- Smothering Abomination. draw!
- Wake the Dead. boom
- Sell Mike and get Cauldron of Souls. More synergy with +1 giving creatures, and spent the rest of the budget on Massacre Wurm and It That Betrays
Cards to cut:
1 week ago
- I think its important to keep in mind that you want your creatures to pull double duty. Angel of Invention, for example, makes tokens and buffs your team.
- Iroas, God of Victory: You turn your creatures sideways more than I do. Menace would be pretty good for your commander.
- Brutal Hordechief: Just really dumb in your deck.
- Eternal Witness: Replace Den Protector with this.
- Avenger of Zendikar: Token deck stable.
- Angel of Invention: Makes tokens and an anthem on a stick.
- Dragon Broodmother: Cause this is a dumb card.
- Oracle of Mul Daya: Cause ramping is for cool kids that play .
- Wood Elves: Its wood elves.
- Grave Titan: Its the king of zombies
- Armada Wurm: ETB 5/5 wurms seem good.
- Catacomb Sifter: This is ok as a low-end token generator and scry provider.
- Chancellor of the Forge: triple might be tough to handle. This could be good if you have a good reanimator package. Up to you.
- Cultivator of Blades: Once again, a creature that encourages turn your creatures sideways. I really like this card for your deck cause its ETB token creator or an anthem creature.
- You have Whip already, so why not just continue to abuse your graveyard?
- Sidisi, Undead Vizier: Sac a token to tutor seems dumb. Its even better if you keep reanimating it.
- Viscera Seer: Saccing stuff is cool
- Sadistic Hypnotist: Sac outlet and hand disruption.
- Rakshasa Gravecaller: Makes tokens and can send a creature to the graveyard. This one is ok, I guess.
- Ghoulcaller Gisa: Most ETB token creatures lose their value after they hit the field. Why not sacem to make more tokens.
- Slate of Ancestry: A wheel that depends on the amount of creatures you have seems pretty good. Also, if youre animating, you have no problem send cards to your graveyard.
- Key to the City: Unblockable for Tana, the Bloodsower and discard outlet.
Instants and Sorceries
- Vampiric Tutor or Sidsi if you want to abuse tutors.
- Chord of Calling: Youll have plenty of creatures for convoke.
- Buried Alive: Depends on how deep you go into the reanimator plan.
- Parallel Lives: Bruh..you need this. Use this instead of Primeval Bounty. I was unimpressed with the results of bounty.
- Cathars' Crusade: Cause why not?
- Intangible Virtue: Cause tapping tokens is for losers
- Xenagos, the Reveler: Its like having Gaeas Cradle.
- Dragonmaster Outcast: In EDH, he seems very fair and isnt very good until later. Even then, this deck is capable of much sillier plays.
- Norin the Wary: Nahonly good if hes the commander.
- Korozda Guildmage: Too slow, in my opinion.but what do I know
- Thelonite Hermit: and two turns, you make 4 saproliing tokens with a conditional anthem. Also, not good with Whip or Panharmonicon.
- Obzedat, Ghost Council: Go away, ghost dad. Youre drunk and dont belong here.
- Wolfcaller's Howl: Better ways to make tokens.
- Congregate: You have Whip for lifegain.
- Exsanguinate, Lavalanche, Sram's Expertise, Worm Harvest, and Increasing Devotion: You want to abuse ETB and none of this help that plan.
- Conjurer's Closet: Ive fallen out of love with this card. Its slow and doesnt feel strong at .
1 week ago
I've been looking at building an Ishkana deck, too. I was looking at mine from more of an online place, budget-wise, but I checked out the differences between our decks, and I think there are quite a few budget cards that would help: Tree of Tales and Vault of Whispers both net two types when milled. Vessel of Nascency was a standard in Standard Delirium, since it immediately puts and enchantment in your graveyard. Syphon Mind and Harmonize are both great value cards. Millikin is a great fit in Ishkanah decks, since it can ramp, chump to put two types in the graveyard, and mill, all on its own. Commander's Sphere is the same. It can ramp you from 4 to 5 mana and cycle to fuel delirium as early as turn 4. Foul Renewal should be pretty powerful in this deck, and I had Sight of the Scalelords and Ikra Shidiqi, the Usurper for the same toughness reasons. Finally, the piece of tech I'm proudest of is Champion of Stray Souls. If you're already milling creatures into your graveyard, then sacking 3 1/2 spider tokens for 3 real creatures is fantastic, especially since you can let Ishkanah go to the graveyard be be re-risen with fresh tokens. If you move away from budget options, I also think Buried Alive is a good choice. Choosing Arachnoid, nyxweaver, and a fattie, you get Delirium and a reanimation target. I also included a land tutor package. Here's my full list: Spiders.
1 week ago
@HOPMONSTER, yup alot of these cards were in my Fat Bottomed Girls (Liliana Reanimator) deck, which housed nearly all of the reanimation spells. alot of these got trimmed down to to add better support for Volrath the Fallen himself ( Whispersilk Cloak, Lightning Greaves, ect).
-Palace Siege is cool and has good utility with the life gain/loss
-I NEED A Sidisi, Undead Vizier
-Champion of Stray Souls is interesting... if he was legendary, hed be a great recursion/reanimator general but i dont want him in my deck, his abilities are too expensive
ill take these under consideration, thanks for the advice and if im missing something with combos and whatnot, let me know :)
1 week ago
Awesome, nice deck.
Some other cards that would work well with this deck:Victimize, Rise of the Dark Realms, Necromancer's Stockpile, Palace Siege, Sidisi, Undead Vizier, Champion of Stray Souls, Living Death, Gray Merchant of Asphodel
3 weeks ago
Corpse Connoisseur is great!
Champion of Stray Souls have you thought this card is too slow
Scourge of Nel Toth is this card too slow
Verdant Force good enough?
if you're trying to combo, maybe Tooth and Nail.
4 weeks ago
Renegade Map just came out, Walking Atlas is always good, you might like Reaper from the Abyss in your creatures, Yahenni's Expertise just came out, Liliana of the Dark Realms helps with grabbing swamps, Endless Horizons grabs plains, Thawing Glaciers is the only fetch land that goes back to your hand, Gilded Lotus is good despite the mana sink, Sorin Markov pings someone to ten, Tree of Perdition too, Hell's Caretaker, Champion of Stray Souls, and Debtors' Knell all grab creatures from your grave regularly, Dark Confidant is like phyrexian arena in a way, Vow of Duty and Vow of Malice could be nice on teysa, Entangler is ridiculous on her, Conqueror's Flail would be good too, and I will come up with more stuff later, that's enough for now.
1 month ago
If I am playing edh reanimator, the Skullclamp is an autoinclude for me, because as previously mentioned, with 40 life it's hard to win with one dude, so playing a reanimator engine for shenanigans is a really good way to go. Try things like Grim Haruspex,Apprentice Necromancer,Gift of Immortality,Sun Titan,Panharmonicon,Eternal Witness,Unearth,Adarkar Valkyrie,Golgari Germination,Dictate of Erebos,Ashnod's Altar,Phyrexian Altar,Abyssal Gatekeeper,Sepulchral Primordial,Champion of Stray Souls,Nath of the Gilt-Leaf,Sadistic Hypnotist,Tortured Existence,Sylvan Safekeeper,Dryad Arbor,Demon of Dark SchemesThe list goes on, but even just with these you are hitting infinite Mana, discard, creature tokens, opponent sacrifice, card draw not to mention the fact even before you add more cards this list will be quite resilient to disruption. I would add another 50 cards to this list but I think you see where I am going with it already.