|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Duel Decks: Mind vs. Might (DDS)||Rare|
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Rare|
|Dragons of Tarkir (DTK)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Return target instant or sorcery card from your graveyard to your hand. Volcanic Vision deals damage equal to that card's converted mana cost to each creature your opponents control. Exile Volcanic Vision.
Volcanic Vision Discussion
4 weeks ago
Also for card-draw cards, why not double up on the good ones?
Deja Vu , Sage's Knowledge , The Mirari Conjecture , Archeomancer, Flood of Recollection , Mystic Retrieval , Relearn , Mnemonic Wall , Scribe of the Mindful , Spellkeeper Weird , Volcanic Vision , Shreds of Sanity , Fork , Wild Ricochet , Increasing Vengeance , Insidious Will , Narset's Reversal (super baller!), Reiterate , Reverberate , Twincast , Fury Storm , Mirror Sheen , Expansion / Explosion ,
1 month ago
I'd also suggest some of the more expensive CMC instants/sorceries that are normally bad, but become great when their cost is reduced. Cards like Contradict , Desertion , Dismiss , Dominate , Lost in the Mist , Blatant Thievery , and Volcanic Vision , to name a few.
Inexorable Tide is also great for the proliferating.
2 months ago
5 months ago
Had another look. I like:
Tezzeret's Gambit . Can become a free spell, draws cards, AND you can use proliferate on your experience counters. Fantastic.
Thousand-Year Storm . Expensive, but great if you resolve it.
Treasure Cruise . Very easily a 1-mana draw 3.
Volcanic Vision . This just looks like good value.
Recurring Insight . Draw!
Precognition Field . Playing the top of yoyr library is like always having an extra card in your hand. The exile allows you to ensure you don't draw any dud cards if you have the spare mana.
There's a bunch other good cards there too. Most of the lands I see are good.
6 months ago
Cards worth considering (which I can offer): Pirate's Pillage Reforge the Soul Artifact Mutation Kodama's Reach Decimate Avenger of Zendikar Charmbreaker Devils Llanowar Elves Acidic Slime Fall of the Titans Commune with Lava Volcanic Vision Devil's Play Rishkar's Expertise Release the Gremlins
Lemme know if any of these interest you, homie :)
7 months ago
I've been playing yesterday and really suffered from lacking interaction throughout the whole game. With 4 opponents I really didn't get much breathing room. The only thing I managed to do was holding 1-2 players at bay, using my burn as removal and getting Valakut online in the meantime, but I was far off from finishing anybody off without receiving a major backswing. My biggest mistake was looting away Volcanic Vision to get land drops. As you said with Hour of Devastation , it's necessary to have a board wipe for mid game, when your opponents evolved their board states and you sit on 2 chump-tokens max.
8 months ago
- Because spellslinger decks don't run that many creatures, you're probably going to need a few more board wipes. Perhaps Cyclonic Rift (don't hate me), Evacuation , Descent of the Dragons , Star of Extinction , or Volcanic Vision .
- If you're going to run cards like Everflowing Chalice , Hedron Archive , Mind Stone , and Temple of the False God , I would suggest running more X-spells. Cards such as Curse of the Swine , Molten Disaster , Starstorm , Epic Experiment , and Jaya's Immolating Inferno would give you more board wipe options, as well as explosive izzet shinanigans.
- Sentinel Tower is really only worth it if you was to storm out.
- I wouldn't recommend running Psychosis Crawler unless you want to focus on card draw. Same goes for Windfall . In this deck, Windfall does cause peripheral effect to occur, such as Locus God or Niv-Mizzet triggers. You would need to be playing against a deck with a lot of card draw, otherwise you might only be helping your opponents since you will probably be drawing more than them. I see that you have some cards with triggers bases on card draw, but since they are not your commander, there is no guarantee you will see them during a game.
- Overall, it seems like you are a little stuck between wheel, storm, and spellslinging. Personally, I think Jori En is bested suited for spellslinging. Baby's first Izzet deck. I'm so proud of you!
9 months ago
First off, I assume you're somewhat on a budget for your land base? Personally I don't like the tap lands like Izzet Guildgate or Highland Lake. Cascade Bluffs, Swiftwater Cliffs, and Wandering Fumarole would be much better choices. You could also consider cycle lands like the Deserts from Amonkhet.
There aren't a lot of cards that I'm super down on, but Arcane Denial is pretty bad. Same with Baral, Chief of Compliance. Counterspells aren't the best in commander, and you don't have enough for Baral to be worthwhile
Some other scattered thoughts:
Viral Drake isn't that synergistic and could probably make room for something else
Fabricate would be a good include to make your chain veil more consistent.
There's definitely more I could say, but this is enough of a text wall as it is.
Volcanic Vision occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.02%