Return target instant or sorcery card from your graveyard to your hand. Volcanic Vision deals damage equal to that card's converted mana cost to each creature your opponents control. Exile Volcanic Vision.
|Have (4)||sonnet666 , GeminiSpartanX , gildan_bladeborn , metalmagic|
Printings View all
|Duel Decks: Mind vs. Might (DDS)||Rare|
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Rare|
|Dragons of Tarkir (DTK)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Volcanic Vision occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.02%
Volcanic Vision Discussion
3 weeks ago
Here's my take on what to cut:
Elvish Aberration: 6 mana is a lot just to ramp. Cycling is nice, but doesn't directly Ramp.
Ghitu Chronicler: Again, expensive. There are much better things to do with our 6-mana
Krosan Tusker: Same as before. Expensive for what it is, doesn't directly ramp.
Magus of the Candelabra: Unless we can double mana somehow, doesn't actually ramp.
Nessian Demolok: Can be useful, but I've found tribute usually gets paid with these cards since creatures are pretty easy to deal with.
Oblivion Sower: Fun card, but just doesn't fit the deck
Treasonous Ogre: Just seems really slow to me
Valley Rannet: Same reasons as the tusker
Void Attendant: Again, just doesn't fit with the deck
Vessel of Volatility: Slow, and I honestly prefer my ramp to be repeatable
Land. I usually stick to around 36, I'd go down to there and test to see if it works out all right (Maybe 1 or 2 more since you seem to have a good amount of lands that can be sacrificed).
The Chain Veil: Not exactly useful here. You have some Planeswalkers, but not enough to really make it worth it.
Blood Feud: Too expensive for what it does. Green has a lot cheaper options
Processor Assault: Good value for your mana, but how often does exile come up in your games?
Volcanic Vision: Has potential, but I'm not really seeing a whole lot of spells that make it great.
Yawning Fissure: Doesn't fit strategy of the deck
Fiery Fall: Expensive.
These are just my thoughts, hope it helped!
(Also, Pyromancer's Goggles seems good here.)
4 months ago
Some cards you might find cool for the deck
4 months ago
What I would consider cutting:
- Epic Experiment - Anecdotal evidence shows that this spell usually whiffs. Also, you gain 0 benefit from revealing any spells with X in their cost.
- Mizzium Mortars - I like this spell, but it isn't that effective of a boardwipe. You can deal more damage in red for less mana.
- Pore Over the Pages - Maybe if this untapped more lands, or was at instant speed. But spending 5 mana to basically do nothing is pretty weak.
- Volcanic Vision - Paying 7 mana to return an instant or sorcery is a bit much, and there aren't a lot of high CMC spells that would do more than an overloaded Mizzium Mortars. There are cheaper recursion effects. However, if copied this is a little spicier.
- Burnished Hart - I think you're better off replacing this with another rock.
- Evolving Wilds - It thins your deck a bit, but I think it would be better to just have another basic land in its place.
- Terramorphic Expanse - See above.
- Thaumatic Compass Flip - Maybe if it put it directly on the battlefield, but to hand? Eh...like Burnished Hart, this could be replaced with another rock.
- Expansion / Explosion - Explosion is neat, but it comes with a steep cost. It is a minimum of 5 mana before anything happens.
- Fact or Fiction - I know this is a blue staple, but I can't get behind it. I don't like giving my opponents options over what cards I get.
- Underworld Breach - Admittedly, I don't see the hype with this card. It might actually be super good, but I'm not seeing it.
8 months ago
Torbran is really neat. Have you considered these? Manabarbs , Embermaw Hellion , Spellshock , Electrickery , Scouring Sands , Volcanic Vision , Knollspine Dragon , Ancient Runes , Vance's Blasting Cannons Flip, Outpost Siege , AEther Sting , Repercussion , Balefire Dragon , Commune with Lava , Sunbird's Invocation
9 months ago
Looks good! These cards might interest you: Psychosis Crawler , Spark Double , Mindmoil , Arjun, the Shifting Flame , Kaho, Minamo Historian , Charmbreaker Devils , Quasiduplicate , Possibility Storm , Basilisk Collar , Gratuitous Violence , Volcanic Vision
9 months ago
Cinder Pyromancer , Electrostatic Field and Embermaw Hellion all build on what you're already doing. Volcanic Vision is great read graveyard recursion and Pyromancer's Goggles are one of the best red mana rocks out there. I saw both Burning Earth and Chandra's Regulator on the maybe board and I think they both need to go in. Burning Earth is great cause you're mainly playing basic Mountain s anyway and Torbran will increase that damage each time as well and in a format where nonbasics abound, it can be just brutal. Chandra's Regulator pretty much has a home in this kind of deck because where else will you be running so many Chandras? Hope this helps...
10 months ago
Also for card-draw cards, why not double up on the good ones?
Deja Vu , Sage's Knowledge , The Mirari Conjecture , Archeomancer, Flood of Recollection , Mystic Retrieval , Relearn , Mnemonic Wall , Scribe of the Mindful , Spellkeeper Weird , Volcanic Vision , Shreds of Sanity , Fork , Wild Ricochet , Increasing Vengeance , Insidious Will , Narset's Reversal (super baller!), Reiterate , Reverberate , Twincast , Fury Storm , Mirror Sheen , Expansion / Explosion ,
11 months ago
I'd also suggest some of the more expensive CMC instants/sorceries that are normally bad, but become great when their cost is reduced. Cards like Contradict , Desertion , Dismiss , Dominate , Lost in the Mist , Blatant Thievery , and Volcanic Vision , to name a few.
Inexorable Tide is also great for the proliferating.