|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Duel Decks: Mind vs Might (DDS)||Rare|
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Rare|
|Dragons of Tarkir (DTK)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Return target instant or sorcery card from your graveyard to your hand. Volcanic Vision deals damage equal to that card's converted mana cost to each creature your opponents control. Exile Volcanic Vision.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (30)||Dr.Jackel , ZombieFood , Ellyreia , Nemesis , joshw335 , zn.tportlock , Atroxreaper , Grantley91 , thetechzombie , darthnuchi , Caldazar , ironax , RPG_FOX , gildan_bladeborn , sonnet666 , Supremespeed , TheAlmostHero , burnedbread , Reliva , damo_rox , mazrimtaim , duff87 , rikertchu , rakdos24 , Epidilius , philktoken8998 , AyyAyyRon , golgarigirl , MattN7498 , Hakira|
|Want (2)||Daeyel , GoodestBoi|
Volcanic Vision Discussion
2 weeks ago
Awesome muht1234, glad some of my suggestions helped.
Out of interest, which site does your group use to evaluate deck prices? Our budget pods used to use deckstats.net, but they've changed from a market price, to a checkout cart (price based on what's in inventory for sale). We were looking for somewhere else to value the decks but couldn't find anything so we opted to re-comply all our decks in the new deckstats.net pricing model.
The reason we don't use tappedout is because, even looking at your deck, it says $74.43 but that is excluding 7 cards, Firemind's Foresight, Goblin Electromancer, Mind's Desire, Swiftwater Cliffs, Talrand, Sky Summoner, Temporal Fissure, Volcanic Vision. Really silly IMHO.
Out of interest, your well under the $100 now Deckstats.net price on deckstats.net.
Don't know if you noticed, tappedout says your at 101 cards, you'll need to remove 1 to get down to 100 cards.
Also, since you don't have a budgetary issue anymore, I would add back Cyclonic Rift since it has quite high play value when overloaded, or add the Mystic Confluence back for the modular and draw. Will still be well under budget and get the benefits of the extra power as well.
2 months ago
Braid of Fire requirs instants and/or activated abilities, Sunbird's Invocation good to play through deck, Rakdos Signet,Izzet Signet, Dimir Signet solid mana rocks for multi colored decks,Volcanic Vision themed with commander, Jori En, Ruin Diver arguably also themed,Vandalblast good fun artifact removal.
2 months ago
5 months ago
You should check the Gatherer page for a card before asking a question here, as the rulings there already answer some of the most common confusions:
If a spell that exiles itself as part of its own resolution, such as Volcanic Vision, gains rebound, the ability that lets you cast the spell again wont be created. The spell will simply be exiled.
5 months ago
So this will be the same as my above comment. Anything I mention here does not mean that they are bad cards, rather I personally think they are less efficient for your deck's goals and strategies.
These are some cards I would look into cutting/replacing: Show
- Personally, I'm not huge on this card. Two 5/5 flyers is okay for blocking, but with all the control this deck puts out it doesn't really matter if you have chumps in the air. Plus, losing land drops/mana means casting less things, which is never good.
- All are good cards, but lose their strength when you don't have Mizzix out. Additionally, they aren't hard counters. Meaning that if your opponent does have the mana to sink into it, you're out of luck. Swan Song, Red Elemental Blast, and/or Pyroblast could be good replacements.
- I know this one seems crazy to take out, but really after you get so many XP counters, getting extra counters doesn't really matter. I see that Tezzeret's Gambit is in the side board, so I would say through that in here instead. That can be free card draw, while also providing Proliferate.
- Additionally, you get no discount on casting this 5 drop. Mystic Remora could also be considered as a replacement for this, because early game that card can essentially be Ancestral Recall in one turn rotation.
- I hate the bounce lands because they set you so far behind tempo. I honestly think running 36 lands will be fine for this deck, so I recommend cutting this in favor of one of the cheap draw cards (which help land drop consistency).
- This is alright, but without the Mizzix discount this is pretty pricy to draw a card and deal some amount of damage. It has a high ceiling of dealing a chunk of damage, but it can definitely be a dead card sometimes.
- Not a bad card, but Diminishing Returns is probably a better card overall, so I'd say just swap these out.
- You will most likely hit the Spell Mastery, but I hate how it is an X spell that has to be set up in order to not be solely creature removal. I'd say take this out for Pyroblast or Red Elemental Blast, in my opinion.
- This can be a huge whiff, and the lack of control you have over the kind of deck your opponent plays/what is in their graveyard makes this too unreliable. Your play group may make this card playable, so in that case keep it. If not, it might be too expensive CMC-wise to justify the variance this card has.
- I know that this is essentially Ancestral Recall, but I think that Dig Through Time is the better card between the two because of its instant speed. It gives you more cards insight for better selection as well.
- Similar to Pull from the Deep, just having Diminishing Returns in here replaced the need for both of these cards.
- I've never been to huge on this card, and really you only need so much, if any, redirection in your deck. You have cheaper (granted, less powerful) redirection in this deck, so I would recommend just swapping this specific one out for Fuel for the Cause. More Proliferate and more counter magic is always good.
I won't suggest any more until you see these and gauge whether or not these would be good cuts and replacements. I know there is more you could do if you wanted to, so let's just see what you think so far before we get too crazy here! Haha. Keep me updated on what you're thinking, man! Always enjoy helping other players.
6 months ago
Thank you for the kind words Calyptic :)
I dug up my Firemind deck so here's a few more suggestions:
Epic Experiment - Awesome fun late game when you can cast it for eight or ten mana!
Jori En, Ruin Diver - More cards = More damage :D
Invoke the Firemind - Gotta have flava!
Firemind's Foresight - Great tutor & more flava!
Steam Augury - Arguably the best Izzet card out there.
Counterflux - An uncounterable Counterspell is solid.
Hypersonic Dragon - Sorceries as Instants? Hell yeah!
Volcanic Vision - Graveyard recursion & boardwipe.
Rite of Replication - When kicked it can be a Wincon ;)
Winter Orb - Nasty late game lock that hurts opponents.
Finally, I have to agree with Jimmy_Chinchila- you need to add a few more lands, six more Mountains to bring you to a total of 35-36 lands is highly recommended. Have fun :D
7 months ago
I love this deck! I really like when people go off the beaten track and come up with something original in their decks and I also like when cards in a deck synergize well with each other instead of being powerful good-stuff cards and you certainly accomplished both of these with this deck.
It is hard for me to give advice on deck without play-testing, so I will just write down some cards that seem to fit your deck well, but you will know better if they are actually worth playing.
Argent Mutation seems to fit your everything-needs-to-be-an-artifact sub-theme and can be cycled away if needed.
Callous Oppressor definitely fits the theme and has fun little interaction with other players.
Bribery doesn't have great synergy with the deck (it's more of a good-stuff card), but it is a fun card and fits the theme perfectly.
I would add some sac-outlet, because you only have Goblin Bombardment and Bazaar Trader (he is not a sac-outlet but he fulfills the same role). I only found Grafted Wargear but there have to be some better ones.
I will add some points here if I have any more ideas :)
7 months ago
If you want Instant/sorcery tribal, try Epic Experiment. It's absolutely mindblowing because you can cast so many cards off of the top without paying their mana costs if you get the X up high enough.
Personally, if you're making a Melek deck, I'd suggest slimming way down on creatures. Instants and sorceries are the show here, but here are a few creature suggestions, to help with Instant/sorcery casting:Hypersonic Dragon turns all of your sorceries into instants, very good for any Izzet spell-based decks.For sideboard, Baral, Chief of Compliance is something to consider. He gives the nice RU draw/discard ability when you counter something, and he slims the cost on instants/sorceries.Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir not only slows your opponent but makes cards like said Hypersonic Dragon be able to be cast at instant speed.
Now to the spells. They aren't all instants and sorceries, but that is the main focus of the deck.Leyline of Anticipation is just great all around.Cards like Swarm Intelligence are great, especially because if you cast the spell from you library, it stacks with Melek's ability. I noticed you have SI in your deck but there are more like that.Cast Through Time is fun, but it is a bit slow and such.Jace's Sanctum is not only a great early-game spell slimmer, but it also lets you dig a card to put instants and sorceries on top, to allow you to get Melek's trigger.Metallurgic Summonings: This card is absolutely broken in commander. I'll say no more.Mystical Tutor is so broken here it's not even funny.Past in Flames gives everything in your graveyard Flashback, which is so broken. Everything is broken here lol.Spelltwine lets you recast a spell from yours and an opponent's graveyard which is so good. You get something back for free and potentially a huge bomb from some other player's graveyard for free. Auto include right there.Volcanic Vision deals a ton of damage to all creatures and gets you a card back. It's ok, I'm including for fun.