Artifact — Equipment
Equipped creature gets +2/+2
As long as equipped creature is legendary, it has hexproof.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Champion's Helm Discussion
2 days ago
A quick pile-on to 's comment: Be careful with your timing on Lightning Greaves and Aspect of Mongoose (and Whispersilk Cloak too), as you can't target or Equip Hapatra either, once they're on her.
A few other options:
2 days ago
Looks pretty good, I have a Sram deck with fairly similar counts on voltron + lands & it tends to beat face consistently. Your's is a little different in that you utilize 2x commanders. That being said, I see a couple of reasons for KEEPING Reyhan, Last of the Abzan
- GREEN color identity, those low cost green hexproof/shroud auras are reason enough to keep Reyhan - In fact I'd think about more due to you having a self-growing commander that isn't quite so screwed by shroud: Sexy BUDGET green aura to think about - Aspect of Mongoose , Canopy Cover , and CURSES!! Bear Umbra isn't budget but it sure smacks people. Pollenbright Wings can suddenly make you swing/block wide & is ridiculous with all that double strike.
- You use so much shroud so it is nice to have a secondary equip option, unfortunately in Sram I actually had to PULL Lightning Greaves due to several games where I played it early for protection but never found myself drawing in to a new equip option; fortunately for you, you have a 2nd option readily available in Reyhan if Ishai, Ojutai Dragonspeaker is shrouded & blocked from further equip/targeting (nifty bonus that his innate ability lets him continue to grow)
Other things I think I noticed/possible suggestions (trying to stay on budget)
- Vanishing - SERIOUSLY CAREFULLY READ THE RULINGS ON HOW PHASING WORKS!!!!!!!!! - I have seen this card attached to Zur wreaking MASSIVE havoc, it is by far more damaging than both indestructible & hexproof combined (as long as you have 2 blue mana open (the only downside for you is if you phase out (Ishai - I don't think his ability makes him grow... but still very strong) Seems mostly superior to Mistmeadow Witch
- Sigarda's Aid maybe?
- Trepanation Blade can surprise people
- Sword of the Animist a little $$ right now for some reason :(
- Grappling Hook I know the cmc is steep but I have surprised quite a few people by using that secondary ability
- Argentum Armor maybe a bit steep $$ or cmcwise
- I would think about taking out Blade of Selves although it is cool I THINK duplicating your legendary creatures would be a dead effect seeing as how those legendary duplicates would be instantly erased (maybe you have it for some deathtrigger combo with Reyhan?)
- Banshee's Blade or because
Really neat deck, I'm a little jealous of some of the color combos & other stuff you utilize that Sram cannot. Curious as to how it would square off against Sram voltron.. probably a 50/50 FAST game type of situation. Also, would depend heavily on the types of mana base both decks were drawing in to.
4 weeks ago
Definitely add Homeward Path, you never know when having opponent's creatures on the battlefield might end up backfiring for you.
I love this deck, and I wanna help with it, maybe consider adding Champion's Helm and Swiftfoot Boots. Given Olivia's ability, you absolutely don't wanna lose control of her if you can help it, be it through dying, another control effect like Bribery, or death.
Also, EDH is a format where there's almost always going to be somebody at the table in the same colour scheme as you are (think that its a multiplayer format where is arguably the 2nd strongest colour, and most players will have 2,3, or 4 colour schemes), so I'd also suggest going for the classic Murder instead of Doom Blade. Yeah it costs another , but it'll save your skin when you've got an unblockable Volrath the Fallen on your hands, or when something like Phage the Untouchable comes to get you.
You don't have to remove Doom Blade if you don't want, but in EDH I've never been a fan of it. Its more of a modern side-board card in my eyes.
1 month ago
Hi Fuklaw, I like this deck and would like to build something similar; a few comments though:
Shouldn't you add some more land and/or ramp? A MTG decks usually contains at least 1/3 lands; even single color decks. In terms of ramp, I was thinking: Weathered Wayfarer, Oreskos Explorer, Knight of the White Orchid, Extraplanar Lens and/or Land Tax (an expensive option, I know, but soooo good).
In terms of equipment, have you also considered the following options: Armory of Iroas, Basilisk Collar, Batterskull, Blade of Selves, Bonesplitter, Champion's Helm, Chitinous Cloak, Darksteel Plate, Elbrus, the Binding Blade Flip, Ogre's Cleaver, Stoneforge Masterwork, Trepanation Blade or Umezawa's Jitte?
Hope this helps!
P.S.: would you mind commenting on some of my decks?
1 month ago
sigh I wrote you a long, detailed comment, then my computer decided to delete it. Long story short, here was my suggestion:
Make sure all of your equipment and creatures will have an impact. I'd look to the equipment I'm using on my deck for some suggestions, but the most important ones you're missing are O-Naginata, Champion's Helm, and Inquisitor's Flail. Also, of the Swords of X and Y, I'd play exactly the opposite ones from the ones you have, lol.
Double strike and extra combat steps are helpful. Duelist's Heritage, Silverblade Paladin, Bruse Tarl, Boorish Herder, Temur Battle Rage, Aggravated Assault (goes infinite with Sword of Feast and Famine).
Protection is vital. Mother of Runes is the best, but more hexproof is always good.
Hope this helps! :)
1 month ago
I love the deck and it might encourage me to play some Boros every once in a while. I played a 4-player game vs Freyalise, Breya and Roon. Roon got taken out by Freyalise and Breya, Breya got taken out mostly by Freyalise, I just dealt the finishing blow. Then I wiped the huge Elvish board with Blasphemous Act and protected my Archangel Avacyn Flip with Boros Charm to end the game two turns later with 21 commander damage thanks to Duelist's Heritage. I never flipped Avacyn that game, I cast Winter Orb early and just kept beating the manascrewed people with Archangel Avacyn Flip equipped with Champion's Helm and Basilisk Collar. When Orb finally got removed, I wiped the board with the aforementioned combo.
This deck really is sweet, though I do feel kinda guilty for playing it :P I guess it's a guilty pleasure then!
1 month ago
Champion's Helm is another card I dabble with sometimes, but the price has been horridly jacked on it lately