|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Rivals of Ixalan (RIX)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Flood of Recollection
Return target instant or sorcery card from your graveyard to your hand. Exile Flood of Recollection.
Flood of Recollection Discussion
1 month ago
So, Personal Tutor is the only other for sorcery spells I'm afraid. However, Peer Through Depths is not a bad card either. Incase it goes to the grave, you could sideboard Call to Mind , Deja Vu and Flood of Recollection . There are two other great fetch cards for artifacts, but one is super expensive and the other is banned in EDH unfortunatelly.
1 month ago
Oh, I stole this from Mono Black (YouTuber)
2 months ago
A couple of things man.
I get the overarching theme is graveyard play, but there is a lot going on. I'd recommend you go directly midrange with it. 2x Enigma Drake , playset Incubation Druid , 1x Muldrotha, the Gravetide 2x Nicol Bolas, 2x Underrealm Lich 3x WORLDSHAPER! So 14 creatures. Flood of Recollection , Recollect and Nature's Spiral contradict Journey to Eternity Flip and World Shaper .
Unmoored Ego doesn't fit here imo.
I know it doesn't help with a whole bunch of remove this but my point of the comment was maybe to give you a more focused brew to start with. I hope it helps. Also, tell me what you think of my Mardu mid-range Divine Afterlife
3 months ago
Both cards have special functions for this deck
- Silas Renn, Seeker Adept : There are some very useful artifacts in this deck, it's another way to get them back from the graveyard. The 2/2 body with deathtouch can force an opponent not to attack (you).
- Death Wish : In my playgroup we play with a wishboard. That means, that you have up to 15 cards in exile (like the sideboard). In the current commander rules no wishboard allowed, but as always this is something you have to clear this specific rule with your friedns and opponents before the game. You may change this card with any other of the listed Maybeboard or any other card.
I see that this deck is in a budget view really expensive and I unterstand to switch some cards due budget reasons. To your specific question I recommend the following:
- Intuition This card is hard to replace by a cheaper card, but you may put in some drawing cards like Frantic Search or Fact or Fiction
- Mission Briefing : If you need a recursion you may play Flood of Recollection or Archaeomancer .
- Price of Fame : I like Ashes to Ashes , but any other destroy effect does the same as Price of Fame . I've this card in the deck because it can easy destroy any commander creature and has the "Surveil"-ability.
- Sinister Sabotage : Okay, put in any other counter spell like Forbid
- Jace, the Mind Sculptor : Easy to replace, because this planeswalker card isn't very important. If you really want to play a planeswalker Jace Beleren is a playable option.
- Death Wish : My flexible card, you may switch this one for a card that helps you against specific strategies. For example if many of your opponents play green think of Perish . Or if Token-strategies are common, than AEther Snap is fantastic. Take a look on my listed Maybeboard, I'm sure you may find a reasonable card
- Academy Ruins : You may put a basic land instead of this card, also consider Strip Mine or Cephalid Coliseum
3 months ago
Hey, saw your forum topic asking for help.
Monoblue with lots of Islands can take great advantage of High Tide . This spell allows you to make a lot of blue mana for a turn letting you cast a lot of spells or ramp into a big finisher creature ( Consecrated Sphinx , Jin-Gitaxias, Core Augur ) or play a lot of Wizards for the turn or Jaces. Big draw spells ( Blue Sun's Zenith , Pull from Tomorrow , etc.) are good with Tide. Or any other high CMC cards (overload Rift, Beacon of Tomorrows , Caged Sun , etc.)
Cards that can untap your lands are excellent with Tide:
Tide is very powerful, but there's only one in the deck therefore tutors that can search for it are wanted:
Spellseeker is an amazing Wizard because you can potentially bounce it (Ridetide) or blink it ( Deadeye Navigator ). Can only cast Tide once, but blue has ways to recur Tide to repeatedly cast it:
Casting Windfall or Time Spiral when you have Tide active for the turn can be very good for you since it can refill your hand with cards. Isochron Scepter is a powerful card when you have a lot of 2 or less instants which blue has. Imprinting Dramatic Reversal with Scepter in combination with mana rocks that can make at least two mana is an infinite mana combo. Even without this combo Scepter is a good card when playing one or two CMC counterspells or instant draw spells since it's a repeatable effect.
These two enchantments are amazing in multiplayer Commander since their repeatable, they trigger whenever an opponent plays a spells this can result in you drawing a lot of cards.
If you like some of these suggestions then I offer more help to make cuts.
Good luck with your deck.
4 months ago
thom-le I will go take a look at your deck and let you know how the button works.
I'm so glad to hear that you have tested my deck out. I think it runs very well and I appreciate the suggestions to enhance some of the cards already in the deck. I think AEtherize and Flood of Recollection are great cards and I have thought about adding them in the past. I'm to that point where it is hard to cut cards. But I will say that the one card I was thinking about cutting was Land Equilibrium. Not that it doesn't help but its tough to spend turn 4 casting that card. It really does "get" the ramp decks which is great but it can also be a card that just does nothing.
Settle the Wreckage is also great, but I hate ramping my opponents. Having Land Equilibrium out would be necessary for me to want to cast that. I think there is enough bounce in the deck that it isn't necessary but that might just be my meta. It is still a great card and would make sense to play over other cards if you own it.
Balance effects draws so much hate in my area that I stay away from those cards but they do work with this deck seeing as how you are usually not ramping at all.
4 months ago
You're welcome. At the moment I'm also trying to work on this button, would you be so kind and check, if my upvote-button in the description section of my Saheeli's Ironworks (KCI) does work?
But I'm not only here for your coding, I've also tested your deck. I think it does work well in a multiplayer-game. You're never the main threat on the board (for your opponents) until you get in the position of dealing high damage. I'd recommend Settle the Wreckage , it works well with your Land Equilibrium , maybe Magus of the Balance or an early Restore Balance . Shimmer would definitely create some hate against you, but could be useful. Standstill is very effective for control decks, because in normal case you'll get some card draw for cheap and also hinder some opponents in their board development. In the Maybeboard put something in against Graveyard-decks like Remorseful Cleric , but this depends on your play group.
Flood of Recollection occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%