|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Battlebond (BBD)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
The next time you would lose the game this turn, instead draw seven cards and your life total becomes 1.
Exile Stunning Reversal.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Stunning Reversal Discussion
1 week ago
@DrkNinja: (I'll have to see what I can truly contribute to your decks unlike last time...) Currently, I have 8 cards under, & I wonder what kind of Void to fill for 8 others. I'm literally wondering what 8 cards could be suggested to get to the needed 100. Since you are working on your own deck at the same time DrkNinja, I might want at most 8 suggestions for this (Sad that Soul Conduit + Stunning Reversal was rejected; It can turn a game to an opponent's disadvantage, Master of Cruelties Style.). Any suggestions? Maybe I could find something else as well, but for now, I sense my Creatureless Superfriends Deck is in grave danger...
...(& since Gruul Clans seems to be my favorite Guild currently, I actually have plans to change my Grand Warlord Radha deck to a Ruric Thar, the Unbowed one, Might as well find as many creatures as possible for the deck w/o any use of Instants, Sorceries, basically anything not a Creature or Land. NO EXCEPTIONS, & NO REFUGE.)
1 week ago
@zjepsen: Well, there goes swapping life totals; though Stunning Reversal is also out, so it's not that bad... Since this is a deck that is meant for opponents wanting to target me the least. I wonder what to cut for though, & if I can get a (Censored because I'm the only one who cares about the Competitive Meter, & that Rakdos is failing on such a regard...)... Any ideas?
2 weeks ago
Phyrexian Infiltrator has in its activation cost thus is Dimir color identity.
And maybe if your playgroup tries to hate you out of the game Stunning Reversal might help leave you in it to keep the fun rolling.
2 months ago
It's okay. I'm not in a hurry ^̮^
This seems pretty cool and very control-y. I have a couple suggestions: Price of Fame; Vona's Hunger; Succumb to Temptation; Detection Tower; Grim Return; Primal Amulet Flip ( cast more copies of your instants! And sorceries.) ; Wretched Confluence; Tragic Slip; Thrilling Encore; Malicious Affliction; Hero's Downfall; Crypt Ghast; Revel in Riches; Fated Return; Harvester of Souls; Demon of Dark Schemes; Sepulchral Primordial; Sangromancer; Kothophed, Soul Hoarder; Archfiend of Depravity; Chainer, Dementia Master; Massacre Wurm; Avatar of Woe; Noxious Gearhulk; Puppeteer Clique; Sheoldred, Whispering One; Ogre Slumlord; Kokusho, the Evening Star; Grip of Desolation; Stunning Reversal; Tainted Strike
Let me know if you can use these suggestions
2 months ago
You win, but just barely. State-based actions are performed and all players would lose the game. Stunning Reversal replaces you losing the game with drawing 7 cards and your life total becoming 1. There are no more other players, so you win before the next time that SBAs would be checked and you would lose again.
2 months ago
I activate and resolve Stunning Reversal. I activate Hidetsugu and put everyone at lethal infect.
Does the game end in a draw or my win?
2 months ago
Stunning Reversal could be an awesome addition. Not only would it stop a regular death, but if someone were to blow up torpor orb or sundial, you have a backup plan.
4 months ago
Two things, his CMC is a little high and he's missing the #1 walker card... Doubling Season.
I'd also like to offer a slew of cuts... It should also be noted that I play this same deck, which you can find here
Commander / EDH*
SCORE: 5 | 9 COMMENTS | 344 VIEWS | IN 2 FOLDERS
I'd take a look at it for some more suggestions than I am going to state here on this post.
- Curator's ward: Its actually pretty good tech, but... unless you are playing against a deck that is damage or specifically targets walkers this card is a waste. For 3 CMC you could be playing Call the Gatewatch instead.
- Oath Of Gideon: Honestly I've played with this card and it just doesn't do it for me, one extra counter generally doesn't help me at all and so it ends up being a dead card.
- Saving Grace: Again good tech, however you don't play a lot of creatures so 70% of the time this is going to fail to enchant a creature and die.
- Djeru, With Eyes Open: The only good part about this card is the tutor part, which again you can get from Call the Gatewatch at 3 CMC
- Exquisite Archangel: I'd advise running Stunning Reversal in its place, it's instant speed, it's less, and it allows you to take your opponent by surprise. With the angel they know that's a thing and a kill spell or board wipe deals with it.
- Resolute Archangel: I get why this card is appealing but I think it's unnessecary and doesn't add value to your deck and overall strategy.
- All the Fogs: Fogs or spells like fog, all just delay the inevitable. If someone is going to attack you and that kill you or your walkers wouldn't you rather just deal with their boardstate? I would.
- Deploy The Gatewatch: You need a majority percent of your deck to be walkers for this card to be effective, and even if you did have a good percentage there's such a possibility to wiff is just too great. I'd rather just play Jace, the Mind Sculptor and Sensei's Divining Top to control the top of my deck instead.
- Profound Journey: Creeping Renaissance is cheaper, and can be flashed back to do again. I get that it brings it to the Battlefield but it's only two cards out of your graveyard vs. dozens.
- Settle The Score: I get it, but just run Path to Exile and Swords to Plowshares, this card is just a "win more" card and it's too expensive to be effective.
- All of the banners: Replace them with Coalition Relic and Chromatic Lantern trust me this is a much better solution than the banners.
I'm going to offer some general suggestions. So... More board wipes as they don't effect you because you can continually pump out tokens every turn with your walkers. More staples, play with more big staples like Leyline of Anticipation, Cyclonic Rift and Rhystic Study. MOR WALKERS!!! You dont' even have a Tamiyo, Field Researcher the most broken of Walkers! More value, make sure your cards bring you as much value as possible; creatures like Arena Rector and Captain Sisay (walkers have been change to be legendary) and Jhoira, Weatherlight Captain all of those care about walkers.
Take a look at my deck and you can find a bunch of walkers, staples, boardwipes, and cards that are high value in a walker deck.