|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Battlebond (BBD)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
The next time you would lose the game this turn, instead draw seven cards and your life total becomes 1.
Exile Stunning Reversal.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Stunning Reversal Discussion
4 days ago
It's okay. I'm not in a hurry ^̮^
This seems pretty cool and very control-y. I have a couple suggestions: Price of Fame; Vona's Hunger; Succumb to Temptation; Detection Tower; Grim Return; Primal Amulet Flip ( cast more copies of your instants! And sorceries.) ; Wretched Confluence; Tragic Slip; Thrilling Encore; Malicious Affliction; Hero's Downfall; Crypt Ghast; Revel in Riches; Fated Return; Harvester of Souls; Demon of Dark Schemes; Sepulchral Primordial; Sangromancer; Kothophed, Soul Hoarder; Archfiend of Depravity; Chainer, Dementia Master; Massacre Wurm; Avatar of Woe; Noxious Gearhulk; Puppeteer Clique; Sheoldred, Whispering One; Ogre Slumlord; Kokusho, the Evening Star; Grip of Desolation; Stunning Reversal; Tainted Strike
Let me know if you can use these suggestions
5 days ago
You win, but just barely. State-based actions are performed and all players would lose the game. Stunning Reversal replaces you losing the game with drawing 7 cards and your life total becoming 1. There are no more other players, so you win before the next time that SBAs would be checked and you would lose again.
5 days ago
I activate and resolve Stunning Reversal. I activate Hidetsugu and put everyone at lethal infect.
Does the game end in a draw or my win?
1 month ago
Stunning Reversal could be an awesome addition. Not only would it stop a regular death, but if someone were to blow up torpor orb or sundial, you have a backup plan.
2 months ago
Two things, his CMC is a little high and he's missing the #1 walker card... Doubling Season.
I'd also like to offer a slew of cuts... It should also be noted that I play this same deck, which you can find here
Commander / EDH*
SCORE: 5 | 9 COMMENTS | 344 VIEWS | IN 2 FOLDERS
I'd take a look at it for some more suggestions than I am going to state here on this post.
- Curator's ward: Its actually pretty good tech, but... unless you are playing against a deck that is damage or specifically targets walkers this card is a waste. For 3 CMC you could be playing Call the Gatewatch instead.
- Oath Of Gideon: Honestly I've played with this card and it just doesn't do it for me, one extra counter generally doesn't help me at all and so it ends up being a dead card.
- Saving Grace: Again good tech, however you don't play a lot of creatures so 70% of the time this is going to fail to enchant a creature and die.
- Djeru, With Eyes Open: The only good part about this card is the tutor part, which again you can get from Call the Gatewatch at 3 CMC
- Exquisite Archangel: I'd advise running Stunning Reversal in its place, it's instant speed, it's less, and it allows you to take your opponent by surprise. With the angel they know that's a thing and a kill spell or board wipe deals with it.
- Resolute Archangel: I get why this card is appealing but I think it's unnessecary and doesn't add value to your deck and overall strategy.
- All the Fogs: Fogs or spells like fog, all just delay the inevitable. If someone is going to attack you and that kill you or your walkers wouldn't you rather just deal with their boardstate? I would.
- Deploy The Gatewatch: You need a majority percent of your deck to be walkers for this card to be effective, and even if you did have a good percentage there's such a possibility to wiff is just too great. I'd rather just play Jace, the Mind Sculptor and Sensei's Divining Top to control the top of my deck instead.
- Profound Journey: Creeping Renaissance is cheaper, and can be flashed back to do again. I get that it brings it to the Battlefield but it's only two cards out of your graveyard vs. dozens.
- Settle The Score: I get it, but just run Path to Exile and Swords to Plowshares, this card is just a "win more" card and it's too expensive to be effective.
- All of the banners: Replace them with Coalition Relic and Chromatic Lantern trust me this is a much better solution than the banners.
I'm going to offer some general suggestions. So... More board wipes as they don't effect you because you can continually pump out tokens every turn with your walkers. More staples, play with more big staples like Leyline of Anticipation, Cyclonic Rift and Rhystic Study. MOR WALKERS!!! You dont' even have a Tamiyo, Field Researcher the most broken of Walkers! More value, make sure your cards bring you as much value as possible; creatures like Arena Rector and Captain Sisay (walkers have been change to be legendary) and Jhoira, Weatherlight Captain all of those care about walkers.
Take a look at my deck and you can find a bunch of walkers, staples, boardwipes, and cards that are high value in a walker deck.
3 months ago
it's a bit ironic to assemble the Avengers (aka The Gatewatch) to help to construct a Bolas-deck, but nevertheless here are my ideas:
First of all, I would discard :) the whole Nekusar-wheel-theme. Nekusar, the Mindrazer decks just do it better anyways and playing Wheel of Fortune, Reforge the Soul, Jace's Archivist or Windfall in your deck has some drawbacks. While they're great to enable your plan of using the opponents' graveyards, your decks' cmc is not low enough to exploit those cards. Additionally, your opponents would get a significant amount of cards out of it, too, which also undermines the whole handcontrol theme of your deck: What's the matter of making them discard through Nicol Bolas, the Ravager Flip, when you're helping them to refill their hands the next turn? Cards like Megrim, Liliana's Caress or Fell Specter would have to go as well because they're only effective with the aforementioned cards.
So my proposal is to focus on discard and control. Cards like Painful Quandary, The Eldest Reborn, Waste Not, Oppression and Chains of Mephistopheles fit well and should stay. You could add Skull Rend or Liliana's Specter. You could also add cards that let your commander re-enter the battlefield like Ghostly Flicker. Some ninjas like Silent-Blade Oni or Ink-Eyes, Servant of Oni do not only fit your theme but let you cast your commander again.
You have to strengthen your control over the graveyards when you're making people discard. The Scarab God is already good here. But you need some more graveyard-hate like Relic of Progenitus or Phyrexian Furnace which give you a bit of a choice what to exile. Don't play Leyline of the Void in here.
So far I mentioned 8 cards which should be cut, so here are 22 more: Kess, Dissident Mage, Nightveil Specter, Mind's Dilation, Omniscience, Torment of Hailfire, Disrupt Decorum, Entreat the Dead, Anvil of Bogardan, Go for the Throat, Blasphemous Act, Stunning Reversal, Thrilling Encore, Leyline of Anticipation (most of the permanents don't have to be played at instant speed. Casting leyline is just doing nothing for the turn), Bloodchief Ascension, Countersquall, Desertion, Preordain, Thoughtseize, Library of Leng, Disciple of Bolas, Hour of Devastation, Tormenting Voice.
That's all for now. Good luck with your deck!
3 months ago
You have 137 cards, you need to drop 37?
Drop all three temples, bounce lands, Sunken Hollow and Smoldering Marsh, Forge of Heroes, Command Beacon, the three lands like Sulfur Falls, Dragonskull Summit, Desolate Lighthouse, and Drowned Catacomb, total of 13 lands, but add City of Brass, Gemstone Caverns, Ancient Tomb, Mana Confluence, Tarnished Citadel, Gemstone Mine, Shivan Reef, Underground River, and Command Tower
Total loss of cards = 5, rest needed = 32
Mainboard additions I'd suggest?
Talisman of Dominance, Fellwar Stone, Talisman of Indulgence, Bottomless Pit, Dark Confidant, Snapcaster Mage, Timetwister, Ponder, Brainstorm, Laboratory Maniac, Demonic Consultation, Tainted Pact, Imperial Seal, Dismember, Chain of Vapor, Pact of Negation, Mystic Remora, Swan Song, Delay, Dispel, Liliana of the Veil, Jace, the Mind Sculptor, Chrome Mox, Mana Vault, Mox Diamond, Lotus Petal, and Rolling Earthquake.
Addition of 27 cards = 59 total to drop
Xantcha, Sleeper Agent, Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker, Vedalken Humiliator, The Scarab God, Nicol Bolas, God-Pharaoh, Liliana Vess, The Eldest Reborn, Painful Quandary, Pendrell Mists, Mind's Dilation, Omniscience, Leyline of Anticipation, Hero's Downfall, Stunning Reversal, Rakdos Charm, Thrilling Encore, Countersquall, Desertion, Go for the Throat, Fraying Omnipotence, Hour of Devastation, Tormenting Voice, Torment of Hailfire, Syphon Mind, Disrupt Decorum, Dark Intimations, Cruel Ultimatum, Blatant Thievery, Beacon of Unrest, Blasphemous Act, Damnation, Bloodchief Ascension, Disciple of Bolas, Etali, Primal Storm, Nightveil Specter, Fell Specter, Blazing Specter, Augur of Bolas, Clever Impersonator, Jace's Archivist, Kess, Dissident Mage, Mystic Confluence, Disallow, Cryptic Command, Reforge the Soul, Megrim, Liliana's Caress, Entreat the Dead, Phyrexian Arena, Rhystic Study, Search for Azcanta Flip, Dream Salvage, Chromatic Lantern, Expedition Map, Lightning Greaves, Worldgorger Dragon, Animate Dead, Gonti, Lord of Luxury and Glacial Chasm
That should do it! 100 card deck!
The biggest upside to my switches and drops is the extreme amount of lowering that is done to the average cmc of the deck, along with the droppage of slower cards that do little without other spells. The new gameplan would be use discard and disruption like countermagic and removal to stop your opponents just long enough to use Laboratory Maniac with Demonic Consultation or Tainted Pact to exile your deck, and usually a draw spell like Brainstorm. More tutors for consistent gameplay is in the switches too.
3 months ago
Word of warning I've tried many times to use Stunning Reversal but sadly it's not worth using :(