Pull from the Deep
Return up to one instant card and up to one sorcery card from your graveyard to your hand. Exile Pull from the Deep.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Pull from the Deep Discussion
1 day ago
Unless you have a way to copy or recurse Approach of the Second Sun with something like Pull from the Deep or Call to Mind, thats gonna be a tough one.
Since you're playing blue, maybe add a counter spell or 2 to protect your combo of Chandra's Ignition. Like Counterspell, Negate or something fun like Swan Song.
3 weeks ago
And as one last comment, for the same reason as above, Part the Waterveil is also a one-of extra turn.
As a consolation, here's some more cards that I think to be particularily strong in this deck:
- Research the Deep is cool because you're both likely to have high-costed spells in your deck, as well as get two chances to return it to your hand. This is as close as you get for a guaranteed random chance to be drawing cards until the end of time, plus get the upside of messing with your opponent's Telling Time.
- Call to Mind and Pull from the Deep are pristine cards, as you can return everything to your hand that can be exiled with Rebound (which will end up in your graveyard afterwards).
- Divine Reckoning is a mass-removal spell that will spare your Commander. Tragic Arrogance works in a similar way, but is (at least for my build) more likely to destroy your own mass of artifacts than causing disproportional trouble for the opponent.
- Insidious Will is another utility counterspell, as it will let you copy (or even counter) something, then - if there's another spell you exiled to rebound later - is able to copy it again. It feels like cheating because it almost is!
- Return to Dust goes without explanation and is one of the best white utility cards, even when not able to cast it twice.
- Ugin's Insight is one of the better card draw spells when cast a second time for free, and doesn't even hurt if you can't make use of the second Scry effect because of a board wipe.
- Knowledge Exploitation is strong as it is, even though you'll have to pay the normal costs. However, keep in mind that both Knowledge Exploitation and the spell you get will have rebound, meaning you get to cast four spells for the cost of one.
- Last but not least, Aqueous Form provides permanent evasion while fixing your draws. Even as an Aura, I'd say you can't skip this.
Hope that helps :)
4 weeks ago
@Chandrian i dig Archaeomancer....i dont own him but i do have Pull from the Deep but i like him for his ETB effect because Blue has a lack of wrath effects and more bounce i can see the synergy there... thats why i have Frost Lynx... orginally had Ojutai's Breath but figured having a reusable ETB/creature to put some equipment on couldn't hurt....i dont own Frost Titan but DO own Lorthos, the Tidemaker & Shipbreaker Kraken...do you thing they are too mana intensive?
1 month ago
@moloy559 Thanks for your comment!
If I was trying to make this deck on a budget the first thing I would cut is Snapcaster Mage, while he's very powerful, there are cards that can mimic his effect for a bit more mana at sorcery speed such as Scrivener, Pull from the Deep, or even Mnemonic Wall.
It's possible to cut Cunning Wish and the corresponding wishboard, and just run Blue Sun's Zenith and/or Brain Freeze in it's place, since those are the only combo pieces in the board. All the other cards in the wishboard are there to give Cunning Wish utility in games where you aren't going to combo off.
I'd say 95% of why I run Mind Over Matter is for the combo with Azami, Lady of Scrolls or Arcanis the Omnipotent, otherwise it's a nice effect to have, but not terribly useful. If you're not a huge fan of that combo then by all means cut it, although it is nice to have a hard combo to Blue Sun's Zenith into when you've generated ~40ish mana with High Tide but can't win through storm.
Hope this helps.
1 month ago
Hey there! I think there are some ramp cards you should consider that are below the one-dollar mark. Try replacing Pilgrim's Eye and Traveler's Amulet with cards like Commander's Sphere, Darksteel Ingot, etc. This and cared draw are most essential, which blue has a bounty of the latter like Treasure Cruise, Opportunity, and Foresee. Also, there are some cards that are not quite doing enough for what you want in an EDH deck. Consider cutting cards like Magma Jet, Hungry Flames, Izzet Chronarch, Anarchist, etc. and replacing them with other cards that you would want to double with all your copiers such as one great example you have in there, Fireball. For example, Comet Storm would be awesome with this deck style. For removal, consider cards like Reality Shift, Rapid Hybridization, Curse of the Swine, or even Red Sun's Zenith. For retrieval, instead of Feldon's Cane or Elixir of Immortality, consider maybe Spelltwine, Call to Mind, and Pull from the Deep. Rise from the Tides seems like an auto-include as well. Hope this improves your consistency! :)
1 month ago
Well, I really saw the spirit as another means of triggering your commander and therefore was a great 3 drop to play after your commander hits on turn 2.
2 months ago
2 months ago
I like this take on rashmi, very different from mine :)
Do you find you have enough recursion? If not, Pull from the Deep is a great 2-for-1 recursion card that can bring back your win conditions.