Pore Over the Pages
Draw three cards, untap up to two lands, then discard a card.
Printings View all
|Shadows over Innistrad (SOI)||Uncommon|
|Duel Decks: Blessed vs. Cursed (DDQ)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Pore Over the Pages occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.0%
Pore Over the Pages Discussion
4 months ago
What I would consider cutting:
- Epic Experiment - Anecdotal evidence shows that this spell usually whiffs. Also, you gain 0 benefit from revealing any spells with X in their cost.
- Mizzium Mortars - I like this spell, but it isn't that effective of a boardwipe. You can deal more damage in red for less mana.
- Pore Over the Pages - Maybe if this untapped more lands, or was at instant speed. But spending 5 mana to basically do nothing is pretty weak.
- Volcanic Vision - Paying 7 mana to return an instant or sorcery is a bit much, and there aren't a lot of high CMC spells that would do more than an overloaded Mizzium Mortars. There are cheaper recursion effects. However, if copied this is a little spicier.
- Burnished Hart - I think you're better off replacing this with another rock.
- Evolving Wilds - It thins your deck a bit, but I think it would be better to just have another basic land in its place.
- Terramorphic Expanse - See above.
- Thaumatic Compass Flip - Maybe if it put it directly on the battlefield, but to hand? Eh...like Burnished Hart, this could be replaced with another rock.
- Expansion / Explosion - Explosion is neat, but it comes with a steep cost. It is a minimum of 5 mana before anything happens.
- Fact or Fiction - I know this is a blue staple, but I can't get behind it. I don't like giving my opponents options over what cards I get.
- Underworld Breach - Admittedly, I don't see the hype with this card. It might actually be super good, but I'm not seeing it.
5 months ago
Atemsis is super neato. You might like these: Apprentice Wizard, Coalition Relic, Urza's Incubator, Hall of the Bandit Lord, Pore Over the Pages, Mulldrifter, Rush of Knowledge, Covenant of Minds, Gush, Intellectual Offering, Recurring Insight, Overflowing Insight, Memorial to Genius, Blighted Cataract, Cryptic Caves, Mikokoro, Center of the Sea
10 months ago
Thoughts on Pore Over the Pages ?
1 year ago
Still looking, but maybe Pore Over the Pages ?
1 year ago
Dark Petition is a weak link. Sure it gives you mana back but you have to cast it on TURN 5 (probably turn 4, given ramp), and those are the turns you should be playing Tasigur so you'll probably be casting this on 6 or 7.
Decree of Pain is a really sad wrath. It's either being cast for eight mana or you're cycling it and the cycle is garbage. It's just wicked expensive, and by the time it could be cast, you probably don't need it anymore.
This deck runs very similarly to most Feldon of the Third Path decks, but red has a LOT more/better discard than sultai. All of your looting should be replaced with stuff like Satyr Wayfinder and Grisly Salvage, imo.
1 year ago
Nice build there. My suggestions: Take out the Hydroforms and replace them with Simic Charms. Yes, Hydroform does make flying, but Simic Charm is much more adaptable, especially for an aggro/control build - bounce their big creatures to not only stop them winning but also to pave the way for your aggro, make your creatures bigger and stop the burn. I would also reccommend taking out Frilled Oculus, because if you want aggro there are creatures you can pump more than once a turn.Berserk is a good card if you can deal lethal damage with it. If you want aggro, I would recommend taking out some of the evolve creatures - they are for the long game as you play them but they don't get big until much later on, unless you are playing larger creatures every turn or have a big token combo on. Also on the aggro, if you want to go full on, take out all the evolve and control aspects and put in things like mutagenic growth and prdator's strike. Just look at the infect decks (like mine below) for some nice pump spells. Since you don't care about legality (although it works much better for infect), Invigorate is good for that little extra damage. On top of the pump spells, run Wild Defiance to really get the damage racking up. If you are looking for more control, run some walls (e.g. Fog Bank and Glacial Wall) to trigger evolve. For card advantage or pseudo-hexproof run Monastery Siege and Pore Over the Pages. For counterspells, run Counterspell, Rewind, Arcane Denial and Remand. If you have a higher budget, run Voidslime and Mana Drain instead of Rewind and Arcane Denial also, Venser, Shaper Savant. If you want elementals, any out of Nissa, Sage Animist Flip, Nissa, Steward of Elements, Nissa, Worldwaker or Nissa, Genesis Mage is a really good option. Also on lands, if you have enough mana, run Liege of the Tangle and some unblockable spells (also see my infect decks below). Also, run more lands - 12 lands is NOT ENOUGH! I recommend a playset of Simic Signets and at least one Gilded Lotus, and possible Simic Keyrune and Thornwood Falls instead of or as well as Simic Guildgate. Run a minimum of 20 lands unless your deck is at least 1/3 mana rocks. This is a nice idea, so I hope I have improved it for you.
2 years ago
My Own suggestions:Leyline of Anticipation
Obligatory: Storm Crow
Gin- But i don't really wanna go there
OppI DO NOT WANT TO TAKE EXTRA TURNS GUYS SORRY FOR FORGETTING TO MENTION THAT.
2 years ago
Criaturas que sacaria:- Fyndhorn Elves Llanowar Elves Elvish Visionary , Elvish Mystic monos que dan mana? mejor pon el trio de muros que se ayudan: Overgrown Battlement Vine Trellis Sylvan CaryatidDe cualquier manera es mejor poner mana rocks creo yo.
Ezuri, Claw of Progress: y pa que este mono aca, si no es pa ser el comandante es re poco lo que ayuda.
- Simic Sky Swallower , Sagu Mauler.- bicho grande..con velo/hexproof.
- Altered Ego, Phyrexian Metamorph .- monos toolbox, siempre ayudan, son buen soporte.
- Edric, Spymaster of Trest .- robar si haces dao..no esta mal.
- Horizon Chimera .- viendo que quieres robar harto..cae sentado.
- Kruphix, God of Horizons .- mano al maximo, no se pierde mana.
- Kydele, Chosen of Kruphix .- mana incoloro para bichos grandes.
- Lorescale Coatl .- si vas a robar harto..este es el bicho!! con arrolar...uff!
- Progenitor Mimic .- copias a cada rato, vamos copiando muros..o bichos del oponente.
- Rashmi, Eternities Crafter .- puede servir..hacer correr el mazo..es una opcion.
- Acidic Slime .- mono toolbox..siempre util.
- Terastodon .- con UG no mataras muchos bichos, esto puede ser util.
- Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger .- el mono que puede decidir el juego..ojo que deja tapeadas tierras rivales ;)
- Kefnet the Mindful .- aqui tiene para activarse rapido.
enchants:le sacaria:Mind Over Matter .- esta carta es buenisima..pero aqui no pega con niuna puta wea.Ni recuperas cartas, ni giras permanentes a excepcion de tierras.nah.
- Bounty of the Luxa .- un poco lento..pero puede ayudar
- Zendikar Resurgent .- opcion barata si no tienes Mana Reflection
- Exploration .- si puedes conseguirle..con dolar bajo..es una wena idea.
- Leyline of Anticipation .- bichos con flash!! ou yeah!
- Garruk, Primal Hunter .- Garruk Wildspeaker pseudo ramp.
- Nissa, Steward of Elements.- Freyalise, Llanowar's Fury rampea y controla
- Time Warp ? turno extra??? o sea nunca viene mal..pero es un poco inconexo..hay cosas mejores.
- Praetor's Counsel .- cartaza, recuperas lo botado, mano al maximo.Para finish.
- Temple Bell .- imagino que es por el Mind Over Matter en un mazo verde/azul hay mil weas mejores que tratar de millear
- Urban Evolution, Pore Over the Pages , Harmonize.- buenos cartones mid tempo para robar.
- Simic Charm .- protege bichos, agranda bicgos..uff.
- Unexpected Results .- si te decides por monos garndes..uff demoledor.