Draw three cards, then put two cards from your hand both on top of your library or both on the bottom of your library.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Dream Cache Discussion
1 month ago
I played him for a while, was fun but everyone started targeting me early after they figured out how it can cheat big things into play early. Trying to protect him with counter spells wasn't easy either as you essentially have to skip your turn as four mana for the ability, more to cast a spell, then holding mana up for counter magic is very slow going. Difficult to make it work, need enough pieces to consistently hit something off his ability (and for it to be relevant) while also having the spells & land to fuel/protect the whole thing.
At the very least i'd advise adding Darksteel Plate for protection and perhaps Propaganda. Scroll Rack as this lets you put artifacts from hand on top of the library to then cheat in off muzzio, Dream Cache and Jace, the Mind Sculptor if you require more brainstorm effects. Illusionist's Bracers and Rings of Brighthearth will help get more value out of him.
It's a fun deck to play but honestly wouldn't rely on it as your sole commander deck as you'll soon find yourself out of the game early. Personally i keep as a deck to brake out occasionally then switch up when people get wise to what i'm doing.
2 months ago
Flameshadow Conjuring, Strionic Resonator, Panharmonicon, Temur Sabertooth, Acidic Slime, Mulldrifter, Farhaven Elf, Wood Elves, Brainstorm, Dream Cache, idk.. just throwing out some good cheap staples with intet
3 months ago
I own more than 200 Totally Lost some foil some not, but I don't actually play the card, unfortunately.
Tidewater Minion is my favorite sleeper combo piece in EDH, any blue EDH deck I've owned, I've basically jammed one in there because of how many ways it can enable combos or just good synergies.
Same goes for Dream Cache as it's amazing to just dig, keep information, and set up combos like Miracles or Cascade
And I LOVE how many things Torpor Orb just critically stops
I have a TON of other 'pet cards' but they usually aren't good like Crackleburr most likely just my favorite card in the game for everything about it, just wish it was better.
8 months ago
Thanks! Any suggestion for which Draw-2 I should use?This is the list of what I'm considering:
- Murmurs from Beyond: Both and instant and an Arcane is pretty appealing, but it's useless while digging and gives my opponent both even more knowledge of my hand, and the ability to prevent the most problematic cards from entering it.
- Compulsive Research: Also lets me see 3 cards, and the deck runs 22 lands which might be enough? It's a sorcery though.
- Consult the Necrosages: I like this one a lot less, but the ability to double as a Mind Rot is interesting.
- Dream Cache: not strictly a draw two, but it does have a Brainstorm-like effect with the added bonus of tucking away excess lands, which is good, because I don't think my manabase can support actual Brainstorm.
- Perilous Research: Instant speed draw two for two is really solid, and I generally should have tokens lying around to sacrifice.
- Take Inventory: My deck draws enough to find at least 2 copies every game, so maybe this is good enough?
8 months ago
Squirrel_of_War thanks :) yeah I play with Sultai Charm occasionally in the deck and the draw two,discard sometimes becomes relevant. :) also I have considered the Thirst for Knowledge. I just like the top of the deck fixing Dream Cache allows. It's not a card that's a staple to the deck. Just one I can put in and out when I just want to try new things so I don't get bored lol
8 months ago
Hey guys, I think everyone that has commented on this gets notifications if there are comments (may be wrong). I was hoping to get some thoughts on a card that I think some would consider awful.
I've been testing it out. And so far it's really felt great every time I cast it. Throwing big creatures back in the deck to pod later seemed good and also being able to place lands on tops for oracle or reset devastation tide is nice.
Let me know any thoughts. :)
11 months ago
I'm going to write a haphazard list here of what I believe is good for 5 color dragons, so if it doesn't flow; that's why.
1) Cut the morphs for basically anything without an ETB trigger.
2) Might of the Nephilim
3) Maybe cut Rith, the Awakener?
4) Hellkite Charger
5) Cut Transguild Promenade/Rupture Spire, it does way less than you think it does, and replace it with Command Tower/Reflecting Pool/ even Karoo type lands if it isn't too expensive
7) Amass the Components/Time Reversal/Dream Cache/Whatever allows you to move stuff from your hand to your deck
8) Dragonmaster Outcast + Land Ramp is fun
Ok I'll stop now. Anyway, this is a really cool deck. I would have never really thought to put together a deck for only $60, and then succeeding. Props to you, man!
11 months ago
You need more land.
My first (or second) EDH deck was Melek (the other was old-Odric), and like you, I had about 35 lands. I was scaling the the 60-card format up to 100 for EDH, so instead of 20 lands, i had 33, bumped to 36 at my coworkers insistence. Problem is, I never had enough mana to do anything. In EDH, you should have about 38 lands, and 5-10 mana rocks (or other forms of acceleration).
"But mortilus! Melek wants spells on the top of his library, not lands or artifacts!"
That is correct, and immaterial. Use library manipulation to achieve that effect. I recommend Crystal Ball, Sensei's Divining Top (if you can afford it), Brainstorm, and a bunch of Brainstorm-like effects (e.g. Dream Cache, Ponder, Portent, etc). You can also use Library of Leng and discard effects to achieve the same effect.
There's no point in having spells if you can't cast them. That was the hardest lesson for me, but it's critical if you want to build even a half-decent EDH deck.