|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Duel Decks: Elves vs. Inventors (DDU)||None|
|Mirrodin Besieged (MBS)||Rare|
|Mirrodin Besieged: Mirran (MBM)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Artifact — Equipment
Darksteel Plate is indestructible.
Equipped creature is indestructible.
|Have (3)||, metalmagic , TheAnnihilator|
|Want (14)||Oplu45 , VolcanicAshe , Zarathustra77 , Frostwraith , ThirdOf5 , chris.krone , ausername , JohanDaFaff , Dirty_Phluff , Weaboorugby , Wolvenbane , lordtoko , Pnyapa , Tugboat|
Darksteel Plate Discussion
2 days ago
Thank you for all the suggestions. I've ordered a few of the cheaper cards Ponder , Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir , and Roil Elemental plus I found Brainstorm , Counterspell , Blue Sun's Zenith , Bident of Thassa and Archaeomancer in my collection. I also have a Darksteel Plate instead of the other two artifacts mentioned by bushido_man96. K1ngMars I'll look for an Aqueous Form . Now to see what to take out. I know I'll take Lay Claim out for sure.
1 week ago
I would cut a board wipe, maybe two. I'd also drop a land. Abzan Banner is a strictly worse Commander's Sphere . Solidarity is the one combat trick you are missing. I really don't Huatli is even worth it in here to be honest, shes pretty underwhelming. I think Darksteel Plate would be nice if you can get it, protecting Doran is key and its better than hyena umbra. I also love Read the Bones and Snuff Out in most black decks. Sylvan Reclamation is also really strong. I'd run that or Return to Dust . Crod would recommend Crush Contraband over return but I prefer the former.
As for creatures
I think Sapling of Colfenor would be good. Pontiff of Blight seems kinda fun. Karametra, God of Harvests . Oblivion Sower is something a little unconventional that I like, and World Breaker could also be worth a shot.
1 week ago
This comes from love, I also have a Shirei deck and hate to see people misplaying him. Desecrated Tomb is overrated and should be pulled out, it only triggers once per turn. A better replacement would be Lightning Coils which gives you more creatures and more powerful creatures. I would recommend also pulling Liliana's Shade , which is a four drop for a land to your hand, Skittering Surveyor does the same thing and is a three drop. Soldevi Adnate is also pretty bad, most cards with a tap ability are in this type of deck. First you would only be getting 4 mana at the most, which is fine but underutilized. My final creature suggestion is to add more heavies. Where is the win-con? Where are the super demons who destroy things? Ob Nixilis, Unshackled , is perfect as is Razaketh, the Foulblooded
You also do not have commander protection. Sure you can re-animate him but you lose all of the creatures that go to the graveyard that turn before he died. Lightning Greaves , Swiftfoot Boots , Darksteel Plate , and most importantly Dark Privilege . Which is a sac outlet and protection.
1 week ago
I'm digging the invincible and destroy all mashed together. Creates strong board control and allows you to swing uncontested.
Fist, I've noticed you're running 46 lands, which is quite a few. I think you could cut down to 38 very easily, especially if you cut a few of the larger CMC spells in favor of cheaper alternatives.
So what would I spend those 8 land slots on? Tutors and ramp.
Serenity could be a hot include too for more control. Porphyry Nodes works in a similar vein for creatures and probably combos better with your deck. Planar Collapse is another cheap wiper that can clear the board for you.
Knight of the Holy Nimbus works surprisingly well here too.
I don't think you actually want All Is Dust for this deck! Your commander flipped is a white permanent, and sacrifice goes through indestructible! One of the lower cost mass destruction ( Porphyry Nodes / Planar Collapse ) could easily fit this slot if you didn't use it to replace some plains. Fiend Hunter is also an excellent choice, as it lets you reuse ETB effects by wiping the board, or gives you spot removal on an opponents problem creature.
Not a fan of Omen Machine here either. Pretty expensive for a stax type piece, would much rather see Aven Mindcensor for flash blowouts + beats or more wipes or Spirit of the Labyrinth to keep draw-hate in your list.
Emeria Shepherd Adarkar Valkyrie and Palisade Giant could all be lower CMC creatures to smooth over your early game. Soltari Visionary could give some extra control elements, while Samurai of the Pale Curtain could help against graveyard strategies. Dust Elemental lets you reset your ETB creatures or can be flashed in at EOT before yours to prepare for a board wipe. Even Serene Master could be good for early game to help you get more to mid game!
3 weeks ago
- Nyxborn Shieldmate for Boros Reckoner both better creatures and reckoner works amazing with lightmines if u decide to add it
- Palace Guard for Archetype of Aggression
- Darksteel Plate for Whispersilk Cloak since your guys are invincible anyways. this also deters them from being targeted.. boardwipes will still work though.
- Stoneforge Masterwork for Tenza, Godo's Maul if up u this on ur commander hes a 10/7 menance with trample, seems like a better piece
- Armory of Iroas - Sunforger costs a few more mana but u have alot of tricks u can pull out of it for free late game
- Staff of Nin for Mind's Eye
- Avacyn's Collar for Spear of Heliod upgrades all ur doods and makes people scared to attack you
- Manalith for Commander's Sphere an upgrade
- Act of Treason for Faithless Looting card draw with flashback seems always good
- Mass Mutiny - Mob Rule seems like an upgrade
- Miraculous Recovery - Settle the Wreckage amazing board wipe, can really put you ahead. if not interested in a board wipe id suggest maybe a single target removal like Chaos Warp . i feel like you need ways to deal with high pressure threats
- Pay No Heed - Deflecting Palm
- Righteousness for Fight to the Death i know these two cards arent related, but how hilarious would it be to cast this when someone else is combating another player, basically can wipe two players boards if timed proper. if u would prefer to keep a combat trick here i would suggest maybe Gods Willing or something that does not require the creature to be blocking
- Smite - Ride Down
- Warleader's Helix - Savage Beating or Ajani Vengeant i feel helix doesnt provide enough value, for removal it is very weak , if u want good removal to replace this instead of a threats i listed, i would consider Oblivion Ring type cards
- Martial Glory - Boros Charm charm is must include, so much value! protect from boardwipes including land destruction! removal or maybe boost ur commander after blocks with a double strike if some1 is already been hit once and hello 21 commander dmg
3 weeks ago
4 weeks ago
For question 1, when Merieke Ri Berit becomes untapped, her destroy trigger will try to destroy any creature stolen by her. Since you have Darksteel Plate on the creature in question, it won't be destroyed (this time). Then you steal a second creature and switch the Plate, so you control two creatures, one of which has Darksteel Plate on it.
When your opponent destroys Merieke Ri Berit , her trigger goes on the stack and you lose control of both creatures (the Darksteel stays on the second creature until you re-equip it). When the trigger resolves, the first creature will be destroyed unless its controller finds a way to save it, while the second creature will be protected by the Darksteel Plate .
For question 2, if the Darksteel Plate is exiled before Merieke Ri Berit is destroyed, then the creature she stole is returned to its previous controller and then destroyed. If the Darksteel is still around when Merieke is destroyed, then the creature is returned to its previous controller and the trigger tries to destroy it but can't. After that point, even if Merieke Ri Berit is re-cast and then destroyed again, nothing happens to the creature she previously stole because you don't control it (Merieke is a new permanent with no memory of its previous existence, including creatures it stole).
4 weeks ago
The answer to both your questions is this: you shouldn't have control of that (or those) creatures any more. Merieke Ri Berit says you gain control of a creature as long as you control her, so if at any point you don't control her and the stolen creature isn't destroyed by her effect, it then returns to its owner with the Darksteel Plate still attached until you re-equip to something else.
Darksteel Plate occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.06%