|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Duel Decks: Elves vs. Inventors (DDU)||None|
|Mirrodin Besieged (MBS)||Rare|
|Mirrodin Besieged: Mirran (MBM)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Artifact — Equipment
Darksteel Plate is indestructible.
Equipped creature is indestructible.
|Have (3)||sonnet666 , pskinn01 ,|
|Want (10)||parzival10 , jebth , Jturner56 , Bookwormsdestroy , Kaslay , JohanDaFaff , pap3r , Cyvir , Mortiferus_Rosa , Josh_theWizard|
Darksteel Plate Discussion
15 hours ago
Based on a scan of your deck, it looks like you're attempting a token sub-strategy? Please tell me if I'm mis-reading it. I'm looking at Lathliss, Utvara Hellkite, Kiki-Jiki, the Helm, and the Impact Tremors/Goblin Bombardment combo...
If that's the case, my $0.02 would be that it's a cool strategy but I'm not convinced this is the deck for it. In terms of cuts, I'd start with Impact Tremors + Goblin Bombardment, since bringing in a lot of creatures isn't what this deck does. Obviously I wouldn't cut the two dragons, and probably not the Helm; not sure I'd keep K-J tho. (I'm also not sold on Conspiracy tbh)
You also mentioned the inevitable 'archenemy' target on your forehead this commander inspires - but no Darksteel Plate ? No Ghostly Prison ? Mother of Runes ? No Mercy ? I'd prob add Reya Dawnbringer too, for a little more reanimation.
4 days ago
Swap Rout for Austere Command or Hour of Revelation Maybe get some protection equpment for your commander. Maybe Hammer of Nazahn or Darksteel Plate I highly recommend putting Sunforger since getting access to all your instants with red/white in their cost that are 4 or less can really be some good value.
1 week ago
Depends why you want protection.
Those are just some of equipments btw, theres more than I can remember off the top of my head, and also theres about a trillion enchantments that I can't really help with without knowing colours (I mean your prolly white but idk).
As for doing all at once, besides whispersilk theres not much; which is prolly why the swords are so damn expensive. However, these aren't colour restrictive, which is nice
2 weeks ago
Man my friend usually gets so much value from his one turn with muldrotha that no one can do anything about him! It's dumb. However we do run a Lightning Greaves and Darksteel Plate as an added precaution.
3 weeks ago
Well, since your opponent automatically gains control of her, you don't have time to equip things such as Darksteel Plate to keep her alive.
What I'd suggest is Rakdos Ramp. Literally every single stone you could possibly get your hands on and smash that as relentless as possible.
Compile this with cards that force damage or trades; We're talking Browbeat , Mogis, God of Slaughter , Indulgent Tormentor , Ryusei, the Falling Star , Kokusho, the Evening Star , Risk Factor , Vexing Devil , etc.
1 month ago
Yes, cool deck! I like the way it works, especially that you've stayed away from an ultra control themed deck. The main thing to change is your average mana costs. Depending on your deck an average cmc could be around 3.0.
Many flying creatures are the proper card for this deck, but I would prefer to turn down Bruna, the Fading Light , Gisela, the Broken Blade for your decks strategy. Unesh, Criosphinx Sovereign on the first sight seems right, would be great to insert some more Sphinx creatures. Sphere of Safety is indeed a good card in enchantment decks, but in case of mana costs it may not be worth to consider the payment. On turn 5 you have really good spells in your deck, and the Sphere of Safety doesn't do anything more than Ghostly Prison or Propaganda . Whirlpool Drake is in my opinion not good for shuffeling your graveyard into your library.
My suggestions are Darksteel Plate , for giving your creature indestructible. As I see you are not going into the strategy to pump up your commander with many equipments, but this card could be useful. Also a nice card for giving any of your creatures vigilance I recommend Reconnaissance (okay, it doesn't say dirctly vigilance, but with rules understanding you can untap the creature after the damage is done and before end of combat - so the same effect as vigilance. Also it protects your attacking creatures). Commander staples for white-blue are of course Cyclonic Rift (budget alternative Devastation Tide ), Supreme Verdict or Gwafa Hazid, Profiteer .
- Strionic Resonator for getting more trigger effects!
- Warden of Evos Isle for some kind of mana ramp
- Steel of the Godhead
In my opinion you have to make some desicions wheter you play:
- Control with instants (Counterspells, etc.)
- Control with enchantments (Stax strategy)
- Creature based (more creatures - less spells)
1 month ago
Let me start by saying I've been playing Mizzix since he was released, and I've constantly strived to make my [[Primer]] Knowledge & Flame deck the best it can be. I'd like to believe with a 96% competitive rating, and the fact that I RARELY lose with the deck means it's a solid deck. As such it has seen several iterations and I've tried playing all kinds of cards... So here's a bit of advice.
I only have 17 cards that aren't spells that Mizzix can discount, 6 of which is Ramp. I only have two creatures, Niv-Mizzet, Parun (I'm testing him for extra draw power and secondary win con) and Laboratory Maniac as one of my main win cons. Of the 9 cards remaining 2 cards help me with consistent draw power, 2 are to protect Mizzix, 2 win me the game, and the rest are just there. Now I'm telling you all this because even with me having so little cards that aren't reduced by Mizzix I STILL end up with them sitting in my hand for ages for fear of tapping out and not having a counterspell up. So there are a lot of cards you have in this deck that do not directly add to your winning... And some cards that just don't play well with a deck that wants to either combo out or burn everyone into the ground.
Here are some suggested cuts:
- Invert // Invent: Invert does nothing really, and Invent is WAY too expensive for what it does.
- Seething Song: Just trade it out for Desperate Ritual so that you can tutor Reiterate and Desperate Ritual with Firemind's
- Keranos, God Of Storms: Great card, but honestly it's just a win more card, this won't win you the game.
- Melek, Izzet Paragon: I played with this for awhile but at the end of the day it's the same as Keranos
- Blatant Thievery: It's a great card, but it always felt lackluster for me because it requires your opponents to have a good board state, which obviously you don't want. I'd suggest Aethersnatch in it's place because then your opponent just plays a spell for you.
- Ignite Memories/Mind's Desire: Storm cards are good but they don't get you the game. In fact I have whiffed both of those spells more times than I can count! I'd say go for something a bit more certain.
- Mizzium Mortars: I just think that this doesn't kill a LOT of creatures in this format Blasphemous Act is strictly better.
- Stolen Goods: It's too easy for this to be a bad card. what if it's a Rampant Growth or vanilla 2/2 or a lord that doesn't do squat for you. Just too RNG
- Temporal Fissure: Too expensive and again it's too easy to whiff the storm aspect
- Sentinel Tower: It just makes you a target, unless you are committing to storm.
- Future Sight: As a blue player you always want people to assume you have a counterspell, or don't want others to know you have a counterspell... This crushes that. If you REALLY need this effect, which I think isn't worthwhile, Precognition Field is better.
- Sunbird's Invocation: WAY TOO EXPENSIVE, and it's strictly just a win more card.
I know I stated a lot of cards are too expensive and you are playing mizzix but assume mizzix isn't on the table because he will be killed or a target 90% of the time.
Here are some cards I'd highly suggest playing:
- The Usuals: I know it's expensive but... Mana Drain , Force of Will , and Pact of Negation I feel are absolutely necessary for this deck.
- Lightning Bolt : I know someone told you to take this out... but... Firemind's plus 4 experience counters means you win the game. You dig for infinite mana with Reiterat+Reality Spasm/Desperate Ritual and grab lightning bolt to copy infinite times with infinite mana casting reiterate on it infinitely. It's a one card combo basically.
- Mission Briefing
- Power Sink : At worst its a counterspell at best it forces someone to pass turn.
- Disallow : One of the best counters in the game.
- Fuel for the Cause
- Increasing Vengeance
- Nexus of Fate
- Scour from Existence
- Coldsteel Heart
- Pyromancer's Goggles
- Darksteel Plate
- Fanning the Flames
- Mana Geyser
- Time Stretch
- Mystic Retrieval
- Mystic Speculation
Sorry I know I posted a lot but I'm really passionate about this deck, and I love to see mizzix players succeed.
1 month ago
I liked your other deck so well that I decided to see what other ones you had, and I have to admit — this one made me laugh!
I'm guessing that the main thing you were wanting from the Ring was the regeneration in order to protect Goblin Swine-Rider from himself? If so, you could go instead with the Indestructible granted by Darksteel Plate . A little less flavorful and not technically an equipment, but the only 3 CMC artifact that allows you to regenerate is Medicine Bag (but points if you were to use such a weird, old card!).
(Obviously, you could also go with the Protection: Red granted by the Swords of War and Peace or Fire and Ice . But I doubt you want to spend $20 and $50, respectively!! Although think of the beautiful irony of such a valuable relic in the hands of a swine-riding goblin.....)
For a list of all the 3 CMC equipment, check out this Scryfall search. :)
Darksteel Plate occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.06%