|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander Anthology (CMT)||Uncommon|
|MTG: Commander (CMD)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Each other playersacrifices a creature. you put a 2/2 black Zombie creature token onto the battlefield for each creature sacrificed this way.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Syphon Flesh Discussion
5 days ago
2 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to write down all those suggestions.
I did have a lot of Basic lands, I replaced eight of them with Dimir Guildgate, Temple of Deceit, Sunken Hollow, Smoldering Marsh, Temple of Malice, Crumbling Necropolis, Vivid Marsh and Barren Moor. I also cut Mycosynth Wellspring < Gem of Becoming and Manalith < Fellwar Stone which I think are superior.
I followed your advice and replaced a few removals and less good board wipes. Sudden Death < Doom Blade, Consuming Vapors < Dreadbore, Grasp of Darkness < Cemetery Recruitment, Extinguish All Hope < Victimize and In Garruk's Wake < Syphon Flesh.
Still tweaking a few things left and right, let me know what you think. Thanks !
3 weeks ago
I built mine as a voltron, focusing on ways to pump commander damage (reference: Yahenni's Voltron).
You have strong creature recursion and sacs, but Yahenni really shines when creatures your opponents control die. So cards like Fleshbag Marauder or Syphon Flesh are value town for you. I would also consider Blade of the Bloodchief.
I had more fun with this deck than I thought I would, best of luck with them!
1 month ago
You can check out the version I built after getting lots of tips from this site.
It has worked well in lots of games I have played.
1x Akoum Refuge
1x Blood Crypt
1x Bloodfell Caves
1x Bojuka Bog
1x Boros Garrison
1x Command Tower
1x Evolving Wilds
1x Godless Shrine
1x Molten Slagheap
1x Nomad Outpost
1x Orzhov Basilica
1x Rakdos Carnarium
1x Rogue's Passage
1x Rupture Spire
1x Sacred Foundry
1x Scoured Barrens
1x Temple of Malice
1x Temple of Triumph
1x Vivid Crag
1x Vivid Marsh
1x Vivid Meadow
1x Volrath's Stronghold
1x Wind-Scarred Crag
1x Lavaclaw Reaches
1x Needle Spires
1x Shambling Vent
1x Temple of Silence
1x Akroma, Angel of Fury
1x Angel of Despair
1x Angelic Arbiter
1x Archfiend of Depravity
1x Aurelia, the Warleader
1x Avacyn, Angel of Hope
1x Baneslayer Angel
1x Basandra, Battle Seraph
1x Bladewing the Risen
1x Bloodgift Demon
1x Boros Guildmage
1x Dragonlord Kolaghan
1x Duergar Hedge-Mage
1x Fallen Angel
1x Flamerush Rider
1x Gisela, Blade of Goldnight
1x Iona, Shield of Emeria
1x Lightning Mauler
1x Mana-Charged Dragon
1x Master of Cruelties
1x Mother of Runes
1x Oros, the Avenger
1x Razorjaw Oni
1x Resolute Archangel
1x Rune-Scarred Demon
1x Shattered Angel
1x Tariel, Reckoner of Souls
The Vows could be removed for:
1 month ago
green - Fertile Imagination, Fists of Ironwood, Spontaneous Generation, Squirrel Nest, Saproling Symbiosis, Chatter of the Squirrel, Cobra Trap, Fresh Meat, Nissa, Voice of Zendikar, Bestial Menace, Night Soil, Parallel Evolution, Snake Pit,
multicolored - Seed Spark, Aura Mutation, AEther Mutation, Sorin, Lord of Innistrad, Migratory Route, Dovescape, Call, Thopter Foundry, Supply, Abzan Ascendancy, Fable of Wolf and Owl, Flurry of Wings,
3 months ago
I was updating my inventory and there seem to be an awful lot of cards that are missing their Commander Anthology printings here.
Printings not found: Anger (CMT), Arcane Denial (CMT), Bathe in Light (CMT), Boros Guildmage (CMT), Borrowing 100,000 Arrows (CMT), Cleansing Beam (CMT), Congregate (CMT), Control Magic (CMT), Curse of Inertia (CMT), Curse of Predation (CMT), Curse of the Forsaken (CMT), Darksteel Mutation (CMT), Death by Dragons (CMT), Deceiver Exarch (CMT), Diabolic Tutor (CMT), Diviner Spirit (CMT), Dragon Whelp (CMT), Duergar Hedge-Mage (CMT), Evincar's Justice (CMT), Furnace Whelp (CMT), Gwyllion Hedge-Mage (CMT), Hada Spy Patrol (CMT), Krosan Grip (CMT), Leafdrake Roost (CMT), Leonin Bladetrap (CMT), Lightkeeper of Emeria (CMT), Mortify (CMT), Mother of Runes (CMT), Oni of Wild Places (CMT), Orim's Thunder (CMT), Orzhov Guildmage (CMT), Path to Exile (CMT), Pilgrim's Eye (CMT), Presence of Gond (CMT), Pyrohemia (CMT), Razorjaw Oni (CMT), Restore (CMT), Return to Dust (CMT), Selesnya Charm (CMT), Selesnya Guildmage (CMT), Serra Angel (CMT), Shattered Angel (CMT), Skyward Eye Prophets (CMT), Soul Snare (CMT), Stonecloaker (CMT), Sulfurous Blast (CMT), Swiftfoot Boots (CMT), Sylvan Reclamation (CMT), Syphon Flesh (CMT), Syphon Mind (CMT), Terminate (CMT), Thornwind Faeries (CMT), Thunderstaff (CMT), Vow of Duty (CMT), Vow of Lightning (CMT), Vow of Malice (CMT), Wash Out (CMT), Winged Coatl (CMT), Wonder (CMT), Wrecking Ball (CMT).
5 months ago
Have: Binder and $$$
Want: the following misc cards, set pictured/stated is set desired, nonfoil (yes I know some of these are REALLY cheap, but ordering them online is a pain)
4 Daze from the Duel Deck Anthologies
5 months ago
Considering your deck's theme, I'd suggest making the following cuts:
- Abhorrent Overlord; there are cheaper ways to generate tokens
- Blood Tyrant; nice creature but doesn't seem to fit in this deck's theme
- Malfegor; this fits better into a Nekusar wheel-deck
- Prince of Thralls; expensive to cast and most players will pay the three life anyway if they think you're getting something that makes you too strong.
- Rakshasa Gravecaller; too expensive CMC for what it does.
- Rune-Scarred Demon; tutoring is always nice, but there are cheaper ways to do this; consider adding Beseech the Queen instead.
- Sepulchral Primordial; nice but imho too expensive to cast for what it does.
- Triskelion; sure, it goes infinite with Mikaeus, the Unhallowed on the table. But every player in the world knows this and as soon as either Mikaeus or Trisk enters the field, you can be pretty sure every player using blue or red will have counterspells waiting for the other half of the combo. Even worse, opponents will often let you use your tutors to get the other half of the combo, and then counter your casting of the combo piece; which results in you losing your tutor for nothing.
As for additions:
- Burnished Hart and Solemn Simulacrum; much needed ramp for this color combination;
- Gravecrawler; bit expensive to buy, but very handy considering your sac theme;
- Cemetery Reaper; pours on GY-hate, gives all your zombies a bonus AND produces relatively cheap tokens, what more could you ask for?
- Lich Lord of Unx; nice token generator;
- Nightscape Familiar; nice, cheap utility creature that you can regenerate;
- Undead Alchemist; more GY-hate and another nice token generator to boot.
- Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet; one of the best creatures you could add, but he's a bit expensive ...
- Lord of the Undead; also a bit expensive, but the bonus and that recursion could really be worth it.
While we're on the topic of getting more bang for your buck, I'd also suggest getting rid of all of your sorceries, except for Chainer's Edict and Diabolic Tutor. In their stead I'd suggest some cheap counterspells and removal, Barter in Blood and some more zombie-token generator spells like Syphon Flesh and Dark Salvation. Also, add some more ramp if you can, like Commander's Sphere.