|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Creature — Zombie Wizard
, , Sacrifice a creature: Search your library for a Zombie card and a Swamp card, reveal them, and put them into your hand. Then shuffle your library.
Corpse Harvester Discussion
6 days ago
Some cards to consider:
- Bojuka Bog : A must include in any black commander deck.
- Boneknitter : Utility, simple as that.
- Corpse Harvester : Out with the old, in with the new... and a swamp!
- Cryptbreaker : So much value in such a small package. Token generating, card draw, good in the early and late game... what is not to love about this card!
- Death Baron : A zombie lord with some extra punch Sure he doesn't get deathtouch himself, but all those 2/2 tokens that are now 3/3 deathtouch.
- Dread Summons : Ever seen those zombie movies with that big hoard that just keeps coming... that's this card. Gives you a bunch of tokens, and recursion bait for your commander.
- Endless Ranks of the Dead : Card title kind of says it all for this one. Obviously not the best in metas with wrath effects coming down every turn, but shines like a copper penny otherwise.
- Ghoulcaller Gisa : So take one creature, throw it under the bus, and get more...
- Grave Titan : Why this thing isn't a zombie I will never know. 6/6 for 6, deathtouch, and brings two friends with it AND when it attacks.
- Graveborn Muse : Card draw based on zombies, who is also a zombie!
- Infernal Caretaker : Mass recursion, either play them out, or discard them back for more effects.
- Liliana, Death's Majesty : Just an all around strong zombie planeswalker.
- Liliana's Mastery : Zombies + an anthem that won't be a big target for removal.
- Lord of the Undead : A low to the ground zombie lord with recursion on a stick.
- Noxious Ghoul : Sweeps out low toughness cards for things you're already doing. Just great value.
- Relentless Dead : A great early drop, and late game it serves as a sac target + recursion.
- Shepherd of Rot : Yes it hits you, but this can be such a major threat.
- Undead Warchief : Cheaper zombies, and bigger zombies. All in one convenient package.
- Awaken the Erstwhile : Disruption, plain and simple. Sure it hurts your hand too, but you are the one with all the zombie based anthems.
- Victim of Night : Doomblade 2.0, but hits black creatures.
- Sidisi, Undead Vizier : You'll have so many tokens kicking around to exploit that she's just a straight tutor, and if she ever hits the graveyard just use her again with Scarab God.
- Fleshbag Marauder : Hurts them a lot more than you, and enter the battlefield abilities are great with Scarab around.
- Josu Vess, Lich Knight : Solid 4/5 Menace for 4, got the extra 6 mana though and he brings friends who also have menace.
- Wonder : Flying zombies... yep, that's scary.
- Pull from Tomorrow : Nice draw on an instant with the added benefit to pitch something for Scarab to target.
- Price of Fame : Legendary killer + Surveil 2... love it.
- Sinister Sabotage : Counterspell + Surveil... love it too.
- Paradox Haze : You've got a couple effects that trigger on upkeep, why not double up?
- The deck currently seems to be going in two directions, you have a large zombie theme which I love, but you also have a minor mill theme which seems out of place.
- Advanced Stitchwing : Slow for what it gives, even on the bounce back it comes back tapped.
- Apprentice Necromancer : This is one I'm on the fence suggesting, it's a one use for one turn only.
- Grimgrin, Corpse-Born : This guy is beast, but he works best in a deck build around him.
- Lamplighter of Selhoff : Slow, for his effect.
- Merciless Eternal : He's not bad, just a lot better things to include in the 3 cost bracket.
- Phenax, God of Deception : Love this guy, really do, but he's out of place here because he's a mill guy who loves big butts.
- Relentless Skaabs : This guy does everything you don't want as he hurts your graveyard in order to even hit play.
- Servant of Tymaret : Slow with high cost. In order to make the best use of him you have to be attacking, and if the way isn't clear that means a 3 mana tax just for 1 life on each opponent.
- Spiteful Returned : Don't hate it, but better things out there.
- Stitchwing Skaab : Suffers from the same as Advanced Stitchwing.
- Undead Alchemist : This guy can go either way, but the way I look at him is generally people have more cards in their decks than life, so it's easier to take out their life.
- Vindictive Lich : This guy is fun, though for his cost there is a lot more out there.
- Exotic Orchard : Risky unless you know your playgroup always has one of your colors, otherwise it's just a colorless and a swamp or island would be just as good.
- Leechridden Swamp : Slows you down for a minor effect.
- Path of Ancestry : Phenax is the only other god creature, so even if you keep him in it's very slow for the benefit it probably will never get the chance to give.
- Coat of Arms : I love this card, I really do, but it's a calculated risk and I find zombies are usually too slow of it. Run up against a goblin or elf deck and this will do more for your opponent.
- Mindcrank : This is another I'm on the fence with as it pairs really well with Scarab.
- Vanquisher's Banner : Good card, though you're not casting all those tokens so you're only getting a bit of a benefit from it.
- Liliana Vess : Good card, out of place in this deck unless you are going heavier into the mill.
- Ob Nixilis Reignited : Just completely out of place for zombie tribal.
- Glimpse the Unthinkable : One of those mill cards, it suffers as a one of.
- Rise from the Grave : Expensive for effect.
- Ruthless Disposal : This isn't bad in this deck, but compared to Morbid Slip for example it lacks that added shine.
- Curse of Disturbance : So much politics, this is VERY meta dependent as to if players fall for the bait.
- Quest for the Gravelord : This can work out, but more often then not stuff isn't dying fast enough or it just gets pinged with early removal.
- Search for Azcanta Flip: More at home in a non-creature strategy.
- Torment of Scarabs : Most people can play around this with not too much fuss, and it gives all the choice to them. I'd prefer some targeted removal.
2 weeks ago
What would you in this case kick for the executioner? I already included a Necropotence for the Corpse Harvester . I know that the activated ability of The Scarab God is suuuper powerful, but in my gameplan he's mostly there for the drain/cycle, although i surely will use his ability from time to time :) If I feel the zombies are too slow in general, I will add more Rocks. Do you have any ideas on which one are the best here?
2 weeks ago
kevinscheurwater I kinda like your suggestions, thank you! I might have to add, i don't want to play this as a graveyard synergy deck (i already have a Meren reanimator) and want this to be a kind of "beatdown" deck. I haven't playtested it, I will test it on saturday. I agree on the Corpse Harvester and the Midnight Reaper and you might be right about the Stitcher Geralf as well, although he is mainly in the deck due to flavor, because i love the Twins. Coat of Arms and the Vanquisher's Banner seem indeed a bit situational. I thought about replacing it with a Risen Executioner at first. All in all Training Grounds might be the first Card to addm the rest needs some testing.
2 weeks ago
Training Grounds is an auto include. You should not doubt about it.
Some cards I would add are:
- Paradox Haze This card speeds up the killing
- Negate Keeps away spot removal like Path to Exile
- Cryptic Command Multifunctional Counterspell
- Mystic Confluence Multifunctional Counterspell number 2
- Countersquall Dimir counter for noncreature, again protection for your god
- Disallow Wide counter and counters activated abilities
- Entomb Dumb any bomb in your graveyard and reanimate it
- Vampiric Tutor Toolboxing
- Demonic Tutor Toolboxing
- Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth / Cabal Coffers
- Necropotence Best card draw black has to offer. Especiialy Necropotence will refill your hand for maybe 4-5 life
- Vedalken Orrery / Leyline of Anticipation 2 allstars in scarab god. Makes your turns the following, draw and pass turn. Play everything before you take your turn. Most importantly keeps your mana open to target cards in the graveyard of opponents
- Consecrated Sphinx Not a zombie but too good to ignore.
- Damnation / Life's Finale / Decree of Pain / or any boardwhipe really. You need to fill up them graveyards!
- Phenax, God of Deception Filling up them Graveyards!
- Crypt Ghast Insane amount of mana, gives you more activations on your God
These are just some suggestion (I know they can be a problem budgetwise).
Things i would cut:
2 weeks ago
Thank you for your feedback! Which Zombies would you personally cut? :) the only one that i can think of right now ist the Corpse Harvester , since it might be a bit slow for what it does. Originally I thought of replacing it with another draw spell like Ponder . The two Lilianas are not safe, too. It might be cool to add a Training Grounds as well.
1 month ago
@Flooremoji Same to you!
2 months ago
I'd say that any zombie-centric EDH deck should try and run Corpse Harvester - he can repeatedly tutor for what you need as well as ensure you get land drops. Likewise, you might appreciate Unholy Grotto as a way to bring back your key zombies that's very tricky to remove.
Due to Varina's looting ability, you might also like running Wonder as a free way to give all of your creatures flying. Filth is great as well if you know you're going up against black decks, but he might be harder to organize unless you have Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth in there as well.
3 months ago
Some cards you can consider to making it more flavorful and threatening as well.
- Endless Ranks of the Dead
- Grave Titan
- Corpse Harvester
- Vindictive Lich
- Oversold Cemetery
- Graveborn Muse
- Sudden Spoiling
- Wake the Dead
Hope that helps!
Corpse Harvester occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%