Creature — Zombie
Gravecrawler can't block.
You may cast Gravecrawler from your graveyard as long as you control a Zombie.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|TCGPlayer.com Price -1%||Cardhoarder (O) Price|
|$4.0||$6.18||$9.99||$9.88||4.21 TIX||3.63 TIX|
|Have (21)||VanDerTroll , drwhosmith4 , RealityShock , Mtg_mill , alucard4444221 , Dadaman11 , DiamondFlavor , Mrbiscuit22 , PTsmitty , Valentine35 , VampireArm , plazma7 , lordhakera , AgentRourke , casey , jwmortensen , Caligula , mcstang1986 , ruflescl , turnbuckle , maR2307|
|Want (6)||ChrisH , BOBFITZGERALD911 , Meghatron714 , AgentRourke , shaderaven , professormohawk|
2 hours ago
I know a few Stompy lists run Young Wolf as well but I am not sure how many other decent creatures that return fit into mono-green. It would almost be better in a build that could fit Gravecrawler and consistently reanimate it.
8 hours ago
As i see it you completely lack creatures, especially appropriate creatures:
- If you want to do 8-rack, then go 8-rack, and use creatures that support that strategy. (things like Ensnaring Bridge, or Wall of Limbs... etc.)
- If you want to play zombies, then use discard effects, but focus on zombies.
Your creatures mana curve is WAY too high, from your 15 creatures, there is 4x , and 2x , and 9x . You simply can't cast them, when you need then.
Beside being slow they are mismatched, and weak for their cmc:
Undead Warchief is just plain bad
Rottenheart Ghoul is the same, its too slow to make any real impact, while it has a half decent body, and discard attached to it, at the time you cast it you will look down the barrel of things like Lord of Lineage Flip
Rakdos, Lord of Riots, Abyssal Specter, Mogis, God of Slaughter are not zombies, thus they screw with Diregraf Colossus, which is a superb card, IF IT HAS THE TRIBAL SUPPORT
So i would advise to ditch Mogis, the Specter, Rottenheart ghoul, UNdead warchief, regardless whatever you want this deck to be.
If you want some good zombies here are some:
Blood Scrivener (zombie bob, if you plan to empty your hands, by casting your discard spells)
(Gravecrawler if you want to be agressive)
Walking Corpse & Shambling Ghoul are ok fillers
Butcher Ghoul is a free block, and then a 2/2 body
Relentless Dead & Ghoulraiser can bring brack creatures your opponent managed to remove
Geralf's Messenger he probably needs no introduction
Also you can choose from a whole host of lords that are better than Undead Warchief: Cemetery Reaper; Death Baron; Lord of the Undead; Diregraf Captain
Plus there are some interesting zombies for the sideboard, like Lifebane Zombie, or Yixlid Jailer
1 day ago
Consider throwing in some Gravecrawlers, they lend a bit of unending aggro to zombie decks and never go away.
1 day ago
AEther Vial is cool! forgot about that thing cause it just 'puts' crap into play. not cast.
but again for the other stuff... perhaps. Issue is simply counters. Unless you go first, they will have two mana for a leak. Somethign not turn dependent is better. Like AEther Vial. Its 1 cost, so i mean, just plop it out there. In sideboard run:
4x AEther Vial
looking in terms of graveyard casting like Gravecrawler i found:
Reassembling Skeleton: well, its a pound of flesh right?
Sedraxis Specter: discard! you cast, they counter. you unearth, they have to remove or discard. good I think. minimum 2-1 trade in your favor.
Rot Farm Skeleton: really good damage and repeatable! Also would get other sideboard into graveyard if a good portion of sideboard is focused on graveyard persistence.
Bloodghast: easily repeatable
what do you guys think? any other thoughts? just thoughts are cool like subrosian above. (thanks!)
1 day ago
Leyline of Lifeforce is cool but... starting hand... dunno.
Mistcutter Hydra is great cause it would just slap the field and swing dmg they aren't prepared to take. it can't really be bounced.
but yah thinking outside the box a bit: the Bloodghast work alright cause like you said, he just comes back.
Savage Summoning would be cool for letting out a hexproof fatty. otehrwise you burnt one card to get one card down and they use one card to remove it and then they one a trade of 2-1. very bad. needs to be other way.
1 day ago
I know this is slightly off topic, but I think I have a better solution that is better against a variety of matchups instead of a select few.
Who cares if they get countered? I'll just bring them back! Stuff like Bloodghast, Gravecrawler, etc.. They come back from every removal spell besides exile, and are better in a broader range of matchups.
However, for things that you're looking for:
Anything with Split Second
That's all I've found!
2 days ago
Plus Vengeful Dead is a good anti wrath.
3 days ago
Draw: letters that streamline the game.
Night's Whisper - A simple purchase, and efficient, streamline game.
Removal: letters that draw creatures of the field.
Innocent Blood - Better removal of this color, exellent especially against creatures with protection and low cost of mana.
Nameless Inversion - Strong removal, although not kill everything , you can have several uses, such as with Carrion Feeder and Diregraf Colossus and can play as letter to strengthen your attack when you have more than 3 markers in these creatures. Moreover, this card counts as a card type Zombie help to leave the Diregraf Colossus stronger comes into play, and can be used several times with Unholy Grotto.
Fleshbag Marauder - Is a removal of the deck, but a removal at a cost of greater mana, very strong when thrown together with Gravecrawler and Diregraf Colossus, which makes this card a letter two to one , removing a creature of mensa and leaving one in his field, besides being used several times with Unholy Grotto.
Disarm: In my view, the best auxiliary cards of this color , are letters of discard , which are;
Inquisition of Kozilek - a simple letter that exchange ( mostly ) a letter by one, in my view, one of the best weapons in this color, messing up the play of his opponent, and has optimal synergy with Cabal Therapy.
Cabal Therapy: - A strong tackle, this letter is exactly what you want and can have devastating effects on your opponents hand . It has optimal synergy with Gravecrawler, Relentless Dead and Diregraf Colossus.
Creatures: Despite using 20 creatures, only 16 are playable in fixed battlefield.
Gravecrawler -Best Zombie tribe, this one has low cost of mana back several times to the battlefield. Synergy with Carrion Feeder, Diregraf Colossus, Fleshbag Marauder and Cabal Therapy.
Relentless Dead - This Zombie is here to stay! mana cost down with three skills, and all strong, is an aggressive creature, defensive, and still manages to return another graveyard of Zombie for the game, and has also synergy with Cabal Therapy.
Diregraf Colossus - I believe that is the main card of the deck. strong in almost all ocasios game. causes the field to be filled with Zombies 2/2, and increases his own power comes into play with the cards Zombies in the graveyard, Nameless Inversion, Gempalm Polluter, all helped to make Diregraf Colossus stronger to enter.
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Duel Decks: Blessed vs Cursed||Rare|
- Gravecrawler + Necromancer's Stockpile
- Gravecrawler + Nantuko Husk
- Grimgrin, Corpse-Born + Gravecrawler
- Gravecrawler + Mikaeus, the Unhallowed + Phyrexian Altar
- Gravecrawler + Nantuko Husk + Rooftop Storm
- Carrion Feeder + Gravecrawler + Rooftop Storm
- Gravecrawler + Mikaeus, the Unhallowed
- Death Baron + Gravecrawler
- Bone Splinters + Gravecrawler
- Altar's Reap + Gravecrawler
- Gravecrawler + Lotleth Troll
- Gravecrawler + Noxious Ghoul + Phyrexian Altar
- Gravecrawler + Malevolent Awakening
- Bubbling Cauldron + Gravecrawler
- Diregraf Captain + Gravecrawler + Grimgrin, Corpse-Born
- Blood Artist + Falkenrath Aristocrat + Gravecrawler
- Gnawing Zombie + Gravecrawler
- Dark Prophecy + Gravecrawler + Skullclamp
- Gravecrawler + Rancor
- Black Market + Gravecrawler
- Ghoulcaller Gisa + Gravecrawler + Undead Warchief
- Gnawing Zombie + Gravecrawler + Tragic Slip
- Ghoulcaller Gisa + Gravecrawler
- Gravecrawler + Putrid Imp
- Gravecrawler + Vengevine
- Door of Destinies + Gravecrawler + Grimgrin, Corpse-Born
- Grave Pact + Gravecrawler + Phyrexian Altar
- Gravecrawler + Quest for the Gravelord + Skullclamp
- Diregraf Captain + Gravecrawler
- Carrion Feeder + Gravecrawler
- Fleshbag Marauder + Gravecrawler
- Eldrazi Monument + Gravecrawler
- Carrion Feeder + Gravecrawler + Vengeful Dead
- Corpse Harvester + Gravecrawler
- Grave Pact + Gravecrawler + Nantuko Husk
- Blood Artist + Gravecrawler
- Geralf's Messenger + Gravecrawler
- Gravecrawler + Grimoire of the Dead
- Ashnod's Altar + Gravecrawler + Rooftop Storm
- Grave Pact + Gravecrawler + Spawning Pit
- Altar of Dementia + Gravecrawler + Undead Warchief
- Contamination + Gravecrawler
- Gravecrawler + Mutavault
- Bloodsoaked Champion + Gravecrawler
- Altar of Dementia + Gravecrawler + River Kelpie
- Altar of Dementia + Gravecrawler
- Bridge from Below + Gravecrawler + Phyrexian Altar
- Carrion Feeder + Grave Pact + Gravecrawler
- Grave Pact + Gravecrawler + Stronghold Assassin
- Gravecrawler + Gravecrawler
- Bitter Ordeal + Gravecrawler + Rooftop Storm
- Diregraf Ghoul + Gravecrawler
- Diregraf Captain + Gravecrawler + Phyrexian Altar
- Gravecrawler + Grimgrin, Corpse-Born
- Consuming Aberration + Gravecrawler + Phyrexian Altar
- Gravecrawler + Phyrexian Altar + Vengeful Dead
- Gravecrawler + Viscera Seer
- Gravecrawler + Phyrexian Altar + Rooftop Storm
- Gravecrawler + Phyrexian Altar
- Dictate of Erebos + Gravecrawler + Grimgrin, Corpse-Born
- Gravecrawler + Mikaeus, the Unhallowed + Retribution of the Ancients
- Bitter Ordeal + Gravecrawler + Phyrexian Altar
- Gravecrawler + Tymaret, the Murder King
- Gravecrawler + Mind Slash
- Ashnod's Altar + Gravecrawler
- Dictate of Erebos + Gravecrawler + Phyrexian Altar
- Gravecrawler + Skullclamp
- Ashnod's Altar + Gemstone Array + Gravecrawler
- Gravecrawler + Phyrexian Ghoul
- Carrion Feeder + Gravecrawler + Quest for the Gravelord
- Gravecrawler + Intruder Alarm
- Gravecrawler + Rooftop Storm + Vengeful Dead
- Deathbringer Thoctar + Gravecrawler + Phyrexian Altar
- Gravecrawler + Nether Traitor
- Gravecrawler + Phyrexian Altar + Warstorm Surge
- Golgari Thug + Gravecrawler
- Gravecrawler + Stronghold Assassin
- Altar of Dementia + Gravecrawler + Rooftop Storm
- Extractor Demon + Gravecrawler + Phyrexian Altar
- Extractor Demon + Gravecrawler + Rooftop Storm
- Carrion Feeder + Gravecrawler + Noxious Ghoul
- Gravecrawler + Gray Merchant of Asphodel
- Grave Pact + Gravecrawler + Rooftop Storm
- Gravecrawler + Mortician Beetle + Phyrexian Altar
- Gravecrawler + Unbreathing Horde
- Altar of the Brood + Gravecrawler + Phyrexian Altar
- Gravecrawler + Grimgrin, Corpse-Born + Rooftop Storm
- Gravecrawler + Sylvok Lifestaff
- Ghoulcaller Gisa + Gravecrawler + Phyrexian Altar