Creature — Zombie
Gravecrawler can't block.
You may cast Gravecrawler from your graveyard as long as you control a Zombie.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Cardhoarder (MTGO) Price||Normal||Foil|
|1.62 TIX||2.35 TIX|
|Have (51)||marz1342 , ShadowLand , Auphelian , Valentine35 , apoc7k , danman5550 , Fullmetalmage , TheRedMage , randomguy123 , muman717 , TitansFTW , JamestheJoo , LordOfMishap , BroncosFan18 , Frawstie , AlucardZain , SkinnBall , WhatTheFuckPanda , aebtoga18 , UngratefulNinja , Dridane , crazywhiteboydance , almerican , JIV_IV , UnbornValkyrie , maxon , wallsh , Orcinbob , TheHorse , Shablagoo , Ganjalf , Regiment47 , TXMetal , DovahWalrus , DEER , Jlintelman , jc63 , jfriday09 , theHopp , kungfurabbi , Kamotz , crater454 , BlackShadowBlaze , Butters01 , Metia , Soronax , sprnt350 , RJ_Rozzman , kescher , NoPantsParade , InfectiousPhyrexian|
|Want (21)||Dallie , Tomahawk-Bang , -Logician , Melmo , Execut1ve , GureiSeion , smackjack , MaD , Wizard of the Damned , Wolfninja , bcornett24 , Kapper322 , The_Mtg_Player , Arashisenko , 2austin5 , Timocalypse , Butters01 , Programmer_112 , Pyro1191 , eeriekiller , Virlym|
16 hours ago
'lo, Ebs here. You made a comment where you wanted me to critique yer deck, and so here it is.
Looking through your deck, I have a few questions. I like how you're using a lot of the more obscure black cards, which pleases me to no end. That said, I do have a few comments on deck cohesion.
It seems like your deck is more focused on token and murder shenanigans than on black nuking, which is plenty fine. However, some cards shouldn't be in EDH, Murderous Betrayal being one of them (in EDH anyway).
You have many different kinds of ways to produce tokens. These synergize well with Attrition, Dark Prophecy, and things like that. I do have a problem with the sheer amount of extreme life pay here. You have a lot of outlets to dump life out, but some of the powers they grant aren't too well. Dark Tutelage seems powerful, I mean, it's essentially just a Dark Confidant, right? The problem is the major reason that Dark Confidant is so expensive/good is not for any EDH able reasons, the reason it's so powerful is because at extreme competitive play, its ALSO a creature. Literally, 80% of the cost is from that fact alone. In EDH, a 2/1 for 2 that hits you for 7-2-10-5-0-0-10 during your turns is an extreme liability. I'd recommend not running anything that doesn't give you a 1 life-1 card advantage. Eberos is the most expensive I would go.
You have a lot of really good Swords. Why don't you try to turn Eberos into a voltron with minions? The minions offer a lot when it comes to defense, but inclusion of cards like Homicidal Seclusion is counter intuitive when you are expected to have more than 1 critter.
Bitterblossom is an excellent addition to the deck.
1 day ago
It's a very good start. I'd recommend first choosing between Zombies or Vampires, as the two tribal decks don't really play nice with each other. Vampires have a strong R/B deck, Zombies are strong in Grixis, Monoblack, and U/B (typically the U/B build's the strongest). Once you make that choice, then you pick your commander. For Vampires, I'd recommend Olivia Voldaren. For Grixis Zombies, Thraximundar is amazing, but the U/B build typically uses Grimgrin, Corpse-Born with the 3 card infinite combo with Rooftop Storm, Gravecrawler and Grimgrin, Corpse-Born.
Otherwise, you can go for a combined Grixis Vamp/Zombie build, but it's not the best thing out there.
1 day ago
3 days ago
3 days ago
4 days ago
Well first, Griselbrand is banned in EDH.
As for cards, Army of the Damned is one of the best ways to get a ton of Zombies, Helldozer will put your opponents through hell, Call to the Grave will slowly clean the board of those nasty non-zombie-using opponents, and Undead Warchief allows for stronger and cheaper zombies. You also may want Gauntlet of Power against any non-black decks.
I also have a mono-black zombie deck that you may wanna look at if you need more cards to put in.
5 days ago
@TwoMagicDudes Thank you for great advice. Diabolic Tutor will go in there. Beseech the Queen and Diabolic Revelation would be something to try out. Necropotence would be much to costly for me personally. I've tried Gravecrawler out and he only works mediocre at best when I did not have Skullclamp, as for Bloodghast I will try to get a copy. For Cauldron of Souls I had my eyes set on it already and same with Retribution of the Ancients.
5 days ago
More draw and some tutoring would help make the deck speedier and more consistent. Beseech the Queen, Diabolic Tutor, and Diabolic Revelation are all perfectly fine budget tutors. Obviously Vampiric Tutor and Demonic Tutor are superior, but cost more. Diabolic Intent would also be good in this build.
Since you are running Mikaeus as your commander, I would also recommend a Cauldron of Souls. You can put either undying or persist on the stack first, letting you bounce your creatures back up to three times in a turn.
Also, Retribution of the Ancients is awesome with Mikaeus.
|Power / Toughness||2/1|
|Avg. draft pick||1.39|
|Avg. cube pick||12.88|
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
- Gravecrawler + Griselbrand
- Gravecrawler + Mortarpod
- Gravecrawler + Rancor
- Gravecrawler + Slitherhead
- Gravecrawler + Phyrexian Altar
- Gravecrawler + Phyrexian Arena + Thraximundar
- Earthcraft + Gravecrawler
- Carrion Feeder + Gravecrawler
- Goblin Bombardment + Gravecrawler
- Bitter Ordeal + Gravecrawler + Phyrexian Altar
- Gravecrawler + Phyrexian Altar + Thraximundar
- Gravecrawler + Grimgrin, Corpse-Born
- Diregraf Captain + Gravecrawler + Grimgrin, Corpse-Born
- Diregraf Captain + Gravecrawler + Phyrexian Altar
- Diregraf Captain + Grimgrin, Corpse-Born + Gravecrawler
- Deadapult + Gravecrawler
- Diregraf Captain + Gravecrawler
- Gravecrawler + Phyrexian Altar + Vengeful Dead
- Gravecrawler + Grimgrin, Corpse-Born + Rooftop Storm
- Grimgrin, Corpse-Born + Gravecrawler
- Gnawing Zombie + Gravecrawler
- Gravecrawler + Mikaeus, the Unhallowed + Phyrexian Altar
- Blood Artist + Blood Bairn + Gravecrawler
- Blood Bairn + Diregraf Captain + Gravecrawler
- Artful Dodge + Blood Bairn + Gravecrawler
- Gravecrawler + Mikaeus, the Unhallowed
- Gravecrawler + Noxious Ghoul + Phyrexian Altar
- Carrion Feeder + Gravecrawler + Rooftop Storm
- Gravecrawler + Nantuko Husk + Rooftop Storm
- Carrion Feeder + Grave Pact + Gravecrawler
- Grave Pact + Gravecrawler + Nantuko Husk
- Bone Splinters + Gravecrawler
- Altar's Reap + Gravecrawler
- Gravecrawler + Phyrexian Altar + Rooftop Storm
- Gravecrawler + Carrion Feeder
- Lotleth Troll + Gravecrawler
- Fauna Shaman + Gravecrawler
- Contamination + Gravecrawler
- Gravecrawler + Lotleth Troll
- Gravecrawler + Putrid Imp
- Bubbling Cauldron + Gravecrawler
- Bloodthrone Vampire + Grave Pact + Gravecrawler
- Mikaeus, the Unhallowed + Grave Pact + Gravecrawler
- Bloodghast + Geralf's Messenger + Gravecrawler
- Gravecrawler + Mind Slash
- Blood Artist + Falkenrath Aristocrat + Gravecrawler
- Blasting Station + Gravecrawler + Rooftop Storm
- Grave Pact + Gravecrawler + Spawning Pit
- Gravecrawler + Quest for the Gravelord + Skullclamp
- Gravecrawler + Sylvok Lifestaff
- Buried Alive + Gravecrawler + Victimize
- Grave Pact + Gravecrawler
- Gravecrawler + Dictate of Erebos + Gnawing Zombie
- Gnawing Zombie + Gravecrawler + Tragic Slip
- Gravecrawler + Necromancer's Stockpile
- Door of Destinies + Gravecrawler + Grimgrin, Corpse-Born
- Gravecrawler + Haakon, Stromgald Scourge
- Gravecrawler + Stronghold Assassin
- Grimgrin, Corpse-Born + Gravecrawler + Rooftop Storm
- Gravecrawler + Malevolent Awakening
- Ghoulcaller Gisa + Gravecrawler
- Geralf's Messenger + Gravecrawler
- Gravecrawler + Vengevine
- Gravecrawler + Grimgrin, Corpse-Born + Karametra's Favor
- Dark Prophecy + Gravecrawler + Skullclamp
- Ashnod's Altar + Gravecrawler
- Blood Artist + Gravecrawler
- Gravecrawler + Phyrexian Vault
- Gravecrawler + Nantuko Husk
- Gravecrawler + Grimoire of the Dead
- Ashnod's Altar + Gemstone Array + Gravecrawler
- Altar of Dementia + Gravecrawler + Undead Warchief
- Bloodsoaked Champion + Gravecrawler
- Corpse Connoisseur + Gravecrawler
- Carrion Feeder + Gravecrawler + Vengeful Dead
- Carrion Feeder + Gravecrawler + Noxious Ghoul
- Gravecrawler + Intruder Alarm
- Eldrazi Monument + Gravecrawler
- Carrion Feeder + Diregraf Captain + Gravecrawler
- Bloodghast + Gravecrawler
- Corpse Harvester + Gravecrawler
- Altar of Dementia + Gravecrawler + Rooftop Storm
- Gravecrawler + Unbreathing Horde