|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Masters Edition IV (ME4)||Common|
|Fifth Edition (5ED)||Uncommon|
|Fourth Edition (4ED)||Uncommon|
|Revised Edition (3ED)||Uncommon|
|Unlimited Edition (2ED)||Uncommon|
|Collector's Edition (CED)||Uncommon|
|International Collector's Edition (CEI)||Uncommon|
|Limited Edition Beta (LEB)||Uncommon|
|Limited Edition Alpha (LEA)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Library of Leng
You have no maximum hand size.
If an effect causes you to discard a card, discard it, but you may put it on top of your library instead of into your graveyard.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (7)||miracle , Gabeph , duff87 , NorthernCrow , pokemate0 , ChainerDragon65 , plof|
|Want (2)||snackeater , Ariumlegion|
Library of Leng Discussion
4 days ago
Library of Leng is one of the best cards to run alongside wheels--this card allows you to safely play wheel effects, even if your hand is full of cards you would rather not discard.
Teferi's Puzzle Box is broken alongside Nekusar. No Nekusar deck should be without it.
Helm of the Ghastlord and Curiosity generate obscene amounts of card draw. A Neksuar enchanted with Ghastlord also forces your opponents to discard every time they draw--if you play a wheel effect, they will discard their entire hand, and then proceed to discard every card they draw from that point forward. Both cards also go pseudo-infinite with Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind.
Jace's Archivist provides another wheel.
Sigil of Sleep turns each of your wheels into a mass removal spell.
Phyresis is a wonderful way to lose friends, as you can easily wheel into a cheep infect victory.
1 week ago
what about a few cards for no maximum hand size Thought Vessel, Library of Leng, Spellbook, Reliquary Tower and if you get Empyrial Plate and put it on your commander you can one hit kill with the amount of cards you will have in your hand.
1 week ago
1 week ago
you have to get Curiosity for niv-mizzet the firemind it's a controlled infinite combo really nice. Nin, the Pain Artist is great card draw especially when targeting indestructible things like your gods to draw a shit ton, if you do add it you might want to add a Stuffy Doll to target nin with . i would also include more then just spellbook Library of Leng is good Reliquary Tower is good i would add both Thought Vessel is another. i also think that swiftfoot boots and lightning greaves are staples and you need to protect certain creatures and your commander. because of your card draw you might want to think about adding a labortory maniac just in case. 2 other cards i would think about because of your card draw is Empyrial Plate to put on your commander or another creature i think commander is better gives you the option to take some one out in one swing with your commander you have out combined with this Dragon Throne of Tarkir pay the mana tap your commander or other creature and boom all your 1/1 flyers and whatever else you have out there are now as big as your hand.
1 week ago
Hi these are in my opinion some bad card choices for your deck.
- Library of Leng it's just simply a worse option than Reliquary Tower or Thought Vessel.
- Ghirapur Orrery you shouldn't use this having green. You can just use Exploration for the additional land drops, its way cheaper to cast and only benefits yourself. You wont use the second ability of the orrery because you will draw a lot of cards from Gitrog (that's why you made it your commander) so you're just helping your oponents. There are also many creatures that allow you to play additional lands.
- Dark Heart of the Wood You can only sacrifice Forests and the 3 lifes doesn't seem to be worth it.
- Rites of Flourishing Once againg helping others more that yourself. You'll already be drawing more cards that your oponents and there are better ways to put lands on the battlefield.
- Overwhelming Stampede awesome card but feels it's on the wrong deck, you dont have many creatures, you won't be drawing it together with Avenger of Zendikar
- Decree of Pain and In Garruk's Wake two super high cost board wipes, you may not be able to cast them when you need a board wipe. There are many low cost budget options Bontu's Last Reckoning, Deadly Tempest, Life's Finale or Deathbringer Regent to name a few. Or you can have one tailored to Gitrog with Kindred Dominance there wont be many Horrors and Frogs on the Battlefield so you can be pretty sure it will destroy everything but Gitrog.
- Artisan's Sorrow A bit expensive for a Naturalize with Scry 2. I kinda like better for the same CMC those that give you a card Mystic Melting, Slice in Twain and Rending Vines (lower CMC, but a bit conditional). The most popular version of naturalize for EDH players is Krosan Grip but there are many options for you to explore.
- Grisly Spectacle a weak card in my opinion, milling your opponent a few cards is futile unless your game is milling them to death but if you are running it I gues it's because you dont have anything better. You have many options in black for removal, my favorite is Silence the Believers
- Ayumi, the Last Visitor If you are running this it's because your meta has a lot of legendary lands, even so it may be better for you to get some flyers, this card won't kill your oponent fast enough.
- Liege of the Tangle high cost slow and pray your oponents don't have a boar wipe in their hands once you turn your lands into creatures after you attack.
- Penumbra Spider I suppose flyers give you a hard time and that is why you run this. It gives you two blocks (as it will most likely die on each block) without really solving your problem. Deadly Recluse will keep more scary flyers away than you can countb (nobody wants to waste a perfectly good dragon on a CMC 2 common spider), Silklash Spider has a decent toughness and can hurricane those pesky flyers, Ishkanah, Grafwidow will put three extra bodies with Reach on the Battlefield or maybe what you need is a Whirlwind.
- Phage the Untouchable lovely card with lots of charisma but you can't give her Haste and Hexproof/Shroud with Swiftfoot Boots or Lightning Greaves she may be useless. You only have the Key to the City and Rogue's Passage to get her through the enemy lines. I hope she never gets flicked because you would lose the game.
You can check my own The Gitrog Monster deck Deadly Gitrog that capitalizes on Deathtouch (Gitrog's and many other deathtouchers in the deck) and has a lot of recursion to get some ideas. It works amazingly in my group. Many cards in your deck are also in mine.
1 week ago
Nice Locust deck; very accessible because it can obtained with a small budget! The following additions will keep the deck on budget (mostly), but will probably make it a lot more powerful:
- Laboratory Maniac; just in case you run out of stuff to draw.
- Whirlpool Rider; slightly less powerful version of Whirlpool Warrior, but still great.
- Mindwrack Liege; not the cheapest option, but will make your Locusts very strong.
- High Tide; great for summoning the Locust God early.
- Keep Watch; very funny once you have a few Locusts to attack with; can also be used during opponents' turns.
- Rites of Initiation; like Coat of Arms, can act as a finisher if you have enough Locusts.
- Goblin Bombardment; in case you have enough Locusts and some particular creature is bothering you. Can also prove very effective damage if an opponent has somehow prevented you from using your Locusts as attackers.
- Breath of Fury; this can be an insanely funny finisher if you have enough Locusts.
- Burn at the Stake; lots of fun if you have the Locusts.
- Enter the Infinite; requires a lot of mana, but if it's not countered this will basically end the game in your favor by creating a gazillion Locusts.
- Library of Leng; just in case you feel like discarding into your graveyard sucks, also acts as a second Thought Vessel.
- Throne of the God-Pharaoh; this is pretty powerful if you have just attacked with a bunch of Locusts.
As for cuts to make room for the above, I would suggest cutting Aetherworks Marvel, Decoction Module and Fabrication Module; in order for any of these to be of real value, you need all of them on the field (or at the very least two out of three). I would also cut Hamletback Goliath; you don't need such a big stomper (without trample I might add) order to win.
Hope any of this makes sense. Have fun playing! And should you have time to give feedback on one of my decks, I would appreciate it!
2 weeks ago
First off, welcome to TappedOut! Here are some thoughts based on my own experiences with Neksuar:
Library of Leng is great with Nekusar and wheels. You never have to discard your good cards again--you can just put them on top of your library, and immediately re-draw them.
Curiosity and Helm of the Ghastlord both generate extreme amounts of card advantage when attached to Nekusar. Ghastlord has the added advantage of forcing them to discard--if you play a wheel effect while Ghastlord is attached, they will set aside their hand, and never be able to draw new cards for the rest of the game.
Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind does significant damage, and goes pseudo-infinite with Curiosity and Ghastlord (you can keep dealing damage until you mill yourself).
Finally, if you hate your friends: Phyresis. Played alongside wheel effects, you can easily kill all your opponents simultaneously (or, at the very least, on their draw step, particularly if Teferi's Puzzle Box is in play).
2 weeks ago
One of the big problems with wheels is having to discard your own hand--sometimes you have a number of great cards, and a wheel effect would put you at a disadvantage. Library of Leng fixes this problem. You can discard your junk cards to your graveyard, and the cards you wish to keep to the top of your library, allowing you to use wheels to engineer an even better hand.
Helm of the Ghastlord is a strong card that outright wins games. Ideally, you want to play this alongside a wheel effect or with Teferi's Puzzle Box in play (anything that forces them to set aside their entire hand). Once their hand is gone, every card they draw will be immediately discarded, preventing them from doing anything for the rest of the game. It also goes pseudo-infinite with Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind.
Phyresis is just evil alongside wheel effects. You can easily kill the entire table in one swing.
Winds of Change and Dark Deal are more wheel effects. Personally, I would recommend running these over cards like Howling Mine. In my experience, Nekusar draws significant negative attention, and you must move quickly to ensure victory. Slow, passive damage from Howling Mine tends to make little difference in the game's outcome.