|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Masters Edition IV (ME4)||Common|
|Fifth Edition (5ED)||Uncommon|
|Fourth Edition (4ED)||Uncommon|
|4th Edition Foreign Black Border (4EDFBB)||Uncommon|
|Revised Edition (3ED)||Uncommon|
|Revised Foreign Black Border (3EDFBB)||Uncommon|
|Unlimited Edition (2ED)||Uncommon|
|Collector's Edition (CED)||Uncommon|
|International Collector's Edition (CEI)||Uncommon|
|Limited Edition Beta (LEB)||Uncommon|
|Limited Edition Alpha (LEA)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Library of Leng
You have no maximum hand size.
If an effect causes you to discard a card, discard it, but you may put it on top of your library instead of into your graveyard.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (10)||Gabeph , duff87 , XxCataclysmiCxX , hippienproud , beatdown36 , NorthernCrow , pokemate0 , ChainerDragon65 , plof , Dimarx|
|Want (21)||Oskani , athix , snackeater , oryandaw , Xue-Kaihua , Natugi , golgariizzet , Arcan52 , Arumancer , Lapisxilazuli , obitus , reaxis , Facecheck , ChattyDog , Kcin , kobyjoe , Egag101 , Gryffix , Ariumlegion , Eagle719 , mtgfortheboyz|
Library of Leng Discussion
16 hours ago
Hey! Thanks for the mention. I'll do my best.
An interesting mix of casual, competitive, and vorthos. Not sure how it's gonna work for ya but seem fun!
I'll start with 15 cuts for you:
- Dack Fayden - Yeah he's got some draw and some steal, but your deck isn't really equipped to take advantage of his ultimate, meaning he'll always be sub-optimal.
- Liliana Vess - Not a huge fan of single target discard. It'd probably be better just to run a tutor(as that's what I'd end up using her for)
- Disrupt Decorum - as much as I love this card, it seems like this deck wants to discard/counter/kill/steal your opponents creatures, so this won't do much I'd imagine
- Entreat the Dead - I think you have enough recursion so cut the weakest IMO
- Last One Standing - Vorthos decision. The randomness doesn't sound like Bolas ;)
- Thoughtseize - Again, not a fan. Who do you know who to target? What if one of the other 4 players has a god-hand and you choose wrong?
- Oppression - Doesn't this kinda hurt you a lot? Meta call. Who casts the most spells every game? Who are yuo trying to hurt the most with this card?
- Mind's Dilation - At 7 mana, this card is a 'value engine' when i like my 7 mana stuff to be 'game winners'
- Painful Quandary - Your opponent will choose what is best for them and thus this card will have little effect for the 5 cmc cost.
- Stranglehold - Meta call. How big are tutors in your meta? Extra turns? How much will this really hurt your opponents?
- The Eldest Reborn - Also not a huge fan of the sagas. Inflexible. Uncontrollable. Some one could easily hate out the graveyards in response to chapter III.
- Worldgorger Dragon - Maybe there is a combo I'm missing here...
- Gem of Becoming - Very vorthos but not very good.
- Library of Leng getting rid of the discard that hurts you also leaves this obsolete.
- Arcane Denial - I really dislike this card personally.
Those are my thoughts on cuts, sorry if I've stepped on some toes-been out of the game for too long!
I'll be back with more help if you need it! In the mean time, if you want to return the favor and check out my newest brew, I Will Survive | Varchild EDH, I'd appreciate it!
1 day ago
it's a bit ironic to assemble the Avengers (aka The Gatewatch) to help to construct a Bolas-deck, but nevertheless here are my ideas:
First of all, I would discard :) the whole Nekusar-wheel-theme. Nekusar, the Mindrazer decks just do it better anyways and playing Wheel of Fortune, Reforge the Soul, Jace's Archivist or Windfall in your deck has some drawbacks. While they're great to enable your plan of using the opponents' graveyards, your decks' cmc is not low enough to exploit those cards. Additionally, your opponents would get a significant amount of cards out of it, too, which also undermines the whole handcontrol theme of your deck: What's the matter of making them discard through Nicol Bolas, the Ravager Flip, when you're helping them to refill their hands the next turn? Cards like Megrim, Liliana's Caress or Fell Specter would have to go as well because they're only effective with the aforementioned cards.
So my proposal is to focus on discard and control. Cards like Painful Quandary, The Eldest Reborn, Waste Not, Oppression and Chains of Mephistopheles fit well and should stay. You could add Skull Rend or Liliana's Specter. You could also add cards that let your commander re-enter the battlefield like Ghostly Flicker. Some ninjas like Silent-Blade Oni or Ink-Eyes, Servant of Oni do not only fit your theme but let you cast your commander again.
You have to strengthen your control over the graveyards when you're making people discard. The Scarab God is already good here. But you need some more graveyard-hate like Relic of Progenitus or Phyrexian Furnace which give you a bit of a choice what to exile. Don't play Leyline of the Void in here.
So far I mentioned 8 cards which should be cut, so here are 22 more: Kess, Dissident Mage, Nightveil Specter, Mind's Dilation, Omniscience, Torment of Hailfire, Disrupt Decorum, Entreat the Dead, Anvil of Bogardan, Go for the Throat, Blasphemous Act, Stunning Reversal, Thrilling Encore, Leyline of Anticipation (most of the permanents don't have to be played at instant speed. Casting leyline is just doing nothing for the turn), Bloodchief Ascension, Countersquall, Desertion, Preordain, Thoughtseize, Library of Leng, Disciple of Bolas, Hour of Devastation, Tormenting Voice.
That's all for now. Good luck with your deck!
5 days ago
Library of Leng is one of my favorites as well, and an all-star in any deck playing with discard. It's nice to have a back-up, of course.
I'd really like to play with Aminatou someday, so I really appreciate the ideas in this list. I'll have to find budgets options myself. Good work, friend! I'm glad to have helped!
5 days ago
Library of Leng is my pick if I wanna go the combo with discard route, even less mana investment :P although the Haunted Crossroads is cool if something has already died or been discarded. I feel like as a discard outlet I prefer something like Key to the City or Call the Bloodline. Not being a creature I think helps reduce vulnerability and Call the Bloodline can even provide blockers which is nice.
5 days ago
I like what you've done here. Might I suggest:
- Library of Leng; incredibly useful in case you want to wheel yourself (and others) but not at the cost of losing important cards to the graveyard.
- Tolarian Winds; sort of the Winds of Change for blue, but only affects you instead of everyone. Similar card I could recommend would be Reforge the Soul.
- Keep Watch; with a bunch of attacking Locusts on the field, this one is just mean.
- Preordain; just a great card, like Ponder it allows you to both filter and draw.
- Purphoros, God of the Forge; not exactly cheapish, but imho no red deck involving lots of creature tokens is complete without one.
- Burn at the Stake; quite awesome with multiple Locusts on the field.
- Breath of Fury; can mean the end of a or multiple player(s) if you have a nice Locust army.
Hope this helps you. Here's my Locust God deck, in case you're curious. Have fun playing this.
6 days ago
@kamelyan thanks for the upvote and comment! Returned the favor on your deck as well
Library of Leng is a neat idea. I do have one. I love Temple Bell and Mind Over Matter with the original eldrazi titans since they reshuffle your graveyard into your library, preventing you from decking yourself. Not only that, but you win by decking your opponents instead which is hilarious!
When I have more time I'll write out in my description the menagerie of combos in the deck.
Thank you again. Cheers!
1 week ago
Since this deck swings between artifacts and eldrazis, I don't really know what would benefit you aside from Library of Leng; I include that card alongside Mind Over Matter and Temple Bell each time I run that combo. You'll be sure not to deck out first.
Commander / EDH
SCORE: 1 | 12 VIEWS | IN 2 FOLDERS
1 week ago
Howling Mine, Font of Mythos and their ilk all me like they should be good with Nekusar - in actuality, they are subpar. Think of it this way - in multiplayer, you’re giving away 3 cards for each 1 you receive. The added damage they provide pales in comparison to the card advantage you’re giving out.
Some other great options to consider: