|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Masters Edition IV||Common|
|International Collector's Edition||Uncommon|
|Limited Edition Beta||Uncommon|
|Limited Edition Alpha||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Library of Leng
You have no maximum hand size.
If an effect causes you to discard a card, discard it, but you may put it on top of your library instead of into your graveyard.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Library of Leng Discussion
1 week ago
2 weeks ago
Obviously I'm thinking for commander only but eh, that's the format I play so I judge most cards based on their commander play-a-bility first.
2 weeks ago
I would consider putting in Stoneforge Mystic and Dispatch. Sword of War and Peace seems very reasonable. Also, any card that makes it so you have no maximum hand size, such as Reliquary Tower, Venser's Journal, Thought Vessel, Library of Leng.
2 weeks ago
3 weeks ago
Hey man! Sure, I'd love to help. Not sure how on budget are you, and since you have some pretty darn expensive cards I'll make sugestions based on that. If it just happens that you had the cards from before and don't have too much to spend, just tell me and I'll give another options.
Well, I'd start by adding more lands. Always play Between 35 and 40 lands in your deck, unless it's an mono G elf deck that can go lower, or a deck that want lots of lands like Tasigur, Gitrog Monster or Omnath RG. Steam Vents, Watery Grave, Blood Crypt, Badlands, Underground Sea, Volcanic Island. Fetchlands would be perfect Polluted Delta, Bloodstained Mire, Scalding Tarn, Misty Rainforest, Marsh Flats. Check lands, Filter lands and Painlands. Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, High Market, Academy Ruins and Tolaria West as utility. Prioritice on lands that come into play untapped.
I usually don't consider cards like Phyrexian Altar or Cathodion as a ramp because it's not going to ramp you over the curve. I consider them as combo piece or sac outlet. That being said, add more ramp like the signets, Mana Vault, Mox Diamond and Chrome Mox for fast mana. Expedition Map would be awesome to grab that beautiful Mishra's Workshop.
As for the combos, the first thing is Nim Deathmantle and Ashnod's Altar. Those two can go infinite with TONS of cards, like your Wurmcoil Engine: Sac wurmcoil to add 2 mana, triggers on the mantle and the wurm dying. Put the tokens onto the battlefield, then sac one of them for 2 mana (now you have 4 mana in your mana pool). Use the mana to reanimate Wurmcoil with the mantle. Repeat again for infinite tokens (with deathtouch?), and since you have infinite tokens, you also have infinite colorless mana. This works with any creature that enters or leaves the battlefield with two or more tokens. It also works for infinite mana with your Cathodion. These combos with your Disciple of the Vault win immediately, although I prefer Blood Artist because he helps you to stop other players that wants to go infinite sacrificing creatures. Krark-Clan Ironworks is also a good sac outlet that gives you mana.
Triskelion goes always side by side with Mikaeus, the Unhallowed. Remove one counter to ping for 1 to your opp. Remove the other two to shoot Triskelion itself. It dies with no counters in it so Mikaeus brings it back now with 4 counters. Hit your opponent for 2, then hit Triskellion for 2, repeat for the win.
A combo deck loves to have tutors to win fast. Keep in the Forgemaster and the Transmute, and add Tezzeret the Seeker , Demonic Tutor, Fabricate, Whir of Invention, Arcum Dagsson, and the mages pack Trinket Mage, Trophy Mage and Treasure Mage.
For the controling part, this deck needs more actual control and removal. Damnation, Toxic Deluge, Blasphemous Act, Vandalblast, Counterspell, Counterflux, Force of Will, Pact of Negation, Slaughter Pact.
As for what to take out, there are a lot of cards I see there that don't do much for the strategy but this is up to you. My suggestions on what to take out would be: Golem Artisan, Hellkite Igniter, Hellkite Tyrant, March of the Machines (unless you put the Mycosynth Lattice to land lock your opponents xD), Breaker of Armies, Conqueror's Flail, Silent Arbiter, Library of Leng, Genesis Chamber, Gravepurge, Moltensteel Dragon, Clone Shell, Bearer of the Heavens, Burn from Within.
Man, that was a wall of text xD tell me if you have any questions.
1 month ago
These are the cards i would cut. The only support card that might be good is the reusable one or the one shannon suggested. I love the group hug feel of the deck, but needs more of that.
1 month ago
- Expedition Raptor - Effect isn't strong enough for the cost.
- Hunters' Feast - Effect isn't strong enough for the cost, I think there are other options that are recurrable or have some added value on top of the base life-gain.
- Lead by Example - Effect isn't strong enough for the cost
- Shoulder to Shoulder - Even this one isn't strong enough.
- Early Harvest - If this wasn't only basics, this might be an okay card to run, but as it is, this will probably only untap 3-4 lands, while costing you about that much mana.
- Gleam of Authority - Going deep on the +1/+1 counters? There are better cards than this for doing so. See Experimental Kraj, Plaxcaster Frogling, Vigean Graftmage - you could do a whole proliferate + graft deck.
- Library of Leng - I don't know why you'd want this unless you are hard pressed for Trinket Mage targets or worried about discard effects. Either way, I would want to run something a little more versatile.
- Hurkyl's Recall - Same with this. The allure of saving someone's artifacts from a vandalblast (or your own) is compelling, but until that moment arises (once every three or four games?) you got to be in the right place at the right time, with mana open. Too much work.
- Nissa's Judgment - This card works for your deck, but there's plenty better out there for removal.
- Magewright's Stone - This card seems like a bad Voltaic Key which is also a tough add for the deck. You are stuck on the untap shenanigans deck, which has this one split among several concepts instead of devoted entirely to one.
If you want to go deeper on the +1/+1 counters/proliferate mechanic:
- Cultivator of Blades - I'm big on this guy right now, as he buffs all attacking creatures (including your allies')
1 month ago
Great deck idea, have you thought about Library of Leng, this may null the need for Spellbook, but one less swamp should provide an replacement spot for it, or better yet both cards in case one is removed.