Blooming Marsh enters the battlefield tapped unless you control two or fewer other lands.
: Add or to your mana pool.
|Have (3)||metalmagic , ,|
|Want (4)||William_Wilde , Darimasus , Wingstar22 , Nog987456321|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Blooming Marsh occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.23%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.03%
Blooming Marsh Discussion
2 weeks ago
Oh yeah I was thinking. If we end up getting the enemy bond lands this year do you think Woodland Cemetery is the dual land to replace? I've got a Bayou and I already got rid of Blooming Marsh so I think Cemetery is the next weakest link since it has a chance to enter the field tapped unlike Twilight Mire and Llanowar Wastes.
3 weeks ago
I would fix the lands a bit. You have some filter lands, bounce lands, fast lands, but not consistently for each color combination in sultai. Maybe consider adding some of the following:
- These are the Sultai Filter Lands:
- Twilight Mire
- Flooded Grove
These are the Sultai Fast Lands
- Darkslick Shores
- Botanical Sanctum
These are the Sultai Check Lands
- Drowned Catacomb
- Woodland Cemetery
These are the Sultai Shock Lands
- Watery Grave
- Overgrown Tomb
These are the Sultai Fetch Lands And Multi Fetch Lands
- Prismatic Vista
- Fabled Passage
- Verdant Catacombs
- Misty Rainforest
Sultai Pain Lands and Multi Pain Lands (And Other)
- Mana Confluence
- City of Brass
- Forbidden Orchard
- Exotic Orchard
- Ancient Tomb
- Nurturing Peatland/Llanowar Wastes
- Waterlogged Grove/Yavimaya Coast
I'm not sure if these are within budget for you, but having consistent lands instead of having them all over the place work wonders! If you find this helpful consider upvoting and giving feedback to my deck: Double Trouble EDH! Good Luck on your Deck, Hope this Helps, and Have a Nice Day!
1 month ago
I don't think tomb will be as bennifical as Blooming Marsh in this deck.
1 month ago
I tested the list a bit, and I am not the most experienced lantern control player nor am I an amazing brewer. I used to play a lot with the variation with Karn and Whir, and I was rather intrigued because giving up Whir is tough.
I absolutely agree on the Goblin Engineer, majority of times I had him in hand I could not cast him, and with so little lands I found myself bottoming him during mulligans. Simians feel hit or miss, which is definitely going to be an issue without Opal, and I probably will cut them eventually for testing. After a few losses with the manabase, I cut the Sulfurous Springs for another Spire of Industry, cutting the Llanowar Wastes all together for three Blooming Marsh, which were left sitting around from my old decklist. I am unsure if that is a correct call, but I had a few games in a row where the painlands and Spire was just wracking up too much for me, with the lightness of land I rarely went over three lands, which in that scenario the fastlands just felt right. I think I am going to add one more Spire at the cost of an Engineer and go up to 17 lands for a bit more consistency. Without Opal, the problem is consistency, which SSG provides powerful speed but I worry about the consistency when I run poorly.
As for replacing the gap of two from Goblin Engineer, I am unsure what I will do there. I might steer back into BUG since without Engineer there is little reason for R. Some of the options in U still seem incredible for Lantern Control, so I might play around in there.
As for sideboard, I remember running Leyline of Sanctity quite a lot, I am still getting more caught up with the meta again after a long break, but if cards like Walking Ballista is still as popular as ever, I would probably feel much more comfortable with them in there. Free wins sometimes against Burn decks, and sometimes shutting off 2-3 discard spells in the case of Jund (is that still a deck?) or similar decks feel rather important. Is Leyline no longer really needed in the SB anymore? How is the meta looking if so?
I didn't do incredibly intensive testing, so let me know especially on the SB and meta side of things since I have been a little out of touch for a while. Either way, it was fun playing the deck and I would love to see Lantern Control survive this ban in stride.
2 months ago
Hi, I recommend you that take out Binding Mummy and Dreg Mangler, it's better to use the Dread Wanderer because recursion and Lord of the Accursed because pump you zombies and give them evasion. Another thing it's take out Corpse Knight and try Relentless Dead because can return itself and sometimes another threat.
For you mana base try the Kaladesh fastlands Blooming Marsh x4 + Concealed Courtyard x1 because your principal color is black, green and white are more like splash, and also your curve is low. Another land you must use it's Castle Locthwain x2, give you the black you need and if needed card draw. If you can use Mutavault x2 its another that also benefits of your Zombie Lords.
In your sideboard you can take out Disposal Mummy for Scavenging Ooze because potentially can remove more cards and also grow. Another big threat you can add it's Kaya, Orzhov Usurper and replace Storrev, Devkarin Lich, the reason are that it's more difficult to kill a planeswalker than a creature in the format, can giveyou sustain exiling cards, kill a threat from aggro decks with low curve like mono red, and eventually with Kaya's ultimate win matches.
3 months ago
If you're playing aggro, you want 4 Blooming Marsh and probably 0 Quagmire. Advocate is probably not very good here if you're running only 23 lands because it will be very difficult to get to 6 lands in Pioneer. I would also drop Field of Ruin because, again, you're an aggro deck simply trying to clock your opponent. There aren't any threatening lands in the format to warrant a slot to a colorless mana source. I would Max out on Knight of the Ebon Legion and Scrapheap Scrounger .
Here's what I would change: -4 Sylvan Advocate -1 Scavenging Ooze -1 Tireless Tracker -2 Questing Beast -1 Liliana, the Last Hope -1 Vraska, Golgari Queen -3 Fatal Push -1 Collective Brutality -2 Field of Ruin -2 Hissing Quagmire
Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet
As for the Sideboard, you probably don't need Plague anymore, since Field of the Dead is.. well, dead. I would honestly set it up for what you most expect to play against. X number of Duress, Graveyard hate (Ashiok/Leyline of the Void/Scooze), Artifact hate (Reclamation Sage), Creature hate (Cast Down/Doom Blade/Languish/Cry of the Carnarium). There will still be some Nissa/Big Mana decks you'll have to look out for.
3 months ago
- Jund is amazing in every way except for you wallet. That is the worst part of jund. Discard spells impower your Tarmogoyf so running those is super important. Enough to want more Thoughtseize
- Dark Confidant is really good. It helps fight back the down side of discard cards. would recommand, and its early black devotion. Even when we take 5 on Gary when we cast him we heal so there is up side. Getting closer to our win con is always better. We dont need 20 life to win only 1.
- Scavenging Ooze is pretty powerful, you do have rest in peace in the SB but its still worth considering.
- Plague Engineer can help as well. Id play only one though. I see some decks play Murderous Rider as well as a one of.
- Collective Brutality is a very powerful card. I have been on the receiving end many times and lost because of the value this card gets you.
- I would recommend more removal. Espically at least 1x Abrupt Decay and one more Assassin's Trophy . Id be even more comfortable playing 2 more Fatal Push .
- The Reasons for blue: oko,3/3 elks, oko, and filtering with Snap caster. Unless you fight a lot of burn dont go blue.
- Reasons for red: Bolt is Life (cheap removal), Blood braid value (remember she was banned for some time), and wrenn and six. Jund is much more powerful than this build. That being said its not the archtype, and its wayyyyy more spendy.
- For land you want at least to "horizon lands" such as Nurturing Peatland and fast lands such as Blooming Marsh . Field of Ruin can also really help.
- Kitchen Finks is a great SB card and so is Fulminator Mage . Most play Nihil Spellbomb but you have white so you dont need this. By adding all this removal you wont need Damnation in your SB.
- Not a big fan of Mishra's Bauble or Grim Flayer . 10 Fetches is also a little high i would consider cutting down on those. To 6 or 8.
- You are abzan so i will say Worship is a card Giver of Runes Path to Exile and Angel's Grace are cards. As well as Siege Rhino . White also gets you Vizier of Remedies + Devoted Druid for infinite mana. - Tireless Tracker is also a good card draw engine although its not black.
- Other cards to consider Postmortem Lunge Eladamri's Call Finale of Devastation Sin Collector Eidolon of Rhetoric and Collector Ouphe