Curse of Opulence
Enchantment — Aura Curse
Whenever enchanted player is attacked, create a colorless artifact token named Gold. It has "Sacrifice this artifact: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool." Each opponent attacking that player does the same.
|Want (4)||starfoils , dustybrush , Instinctive , Phaeophyta|
Printings View all
|Mystery Booster (MYS1)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2017 (C17)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Curse of Opulence Discussion
21 hours ago
Wow okay, after reading your comment I understand that you completely misunderstood most of what I said.
Never once did I say that Boros can't ramp. I said that ramp in Winota is weird. Because you want to be playing creatures turns 1-3 before you play Winota the typical mana rocks and/or equipment Boros typically relies on to ramp early on don't exactly work as they interrupt your game plan. Most good Boros decks use mana rocks and/or stuff like Sword of the Animist, Dowsing Dagger Flip, etc. to ramp. Those don't work super well. Winota wants your ramp to cost 0-1 mana or they'll get in the way of playing creatures on your early turns.
Winota occupies an interesting place in Boros. When she's in play she is hands down the most powerful Boros commander in the format. When she's not in play though your deck is a subpar Boros deck. She's very, very all-in. That's why it is very important to make sure she is protected and that the turn she comes down you can swing and trigger her ability.
That being said, another card that's not super expensive came to mind that can help Winota decks ramp efficiently- Curse of Opulence. At the oh-so-efficient 1 mana you can play this early and still have time to get down creatures to trigger Winota.
And yes, I'm very familiar with PJ- I'm one of his subscribers :) I hope I was a bit less confusing about my thoughts. I guess a TL;DR is that two-mana ramp doesn't work with Winota, but those are only my thoughts. This is more so theory-o since I haven't built a Winota deck (I have this problem where I have a ton of cool deck ideas....but then end up wanting to build another Boros deck) so let me know if the two-mana ramp actually gets in the way of casting creatures early or not, I could be wrong. My baby is the Aurelia balance build, so that's the one I'm typically always thinking about haha.
3 weeks ago
Fiery Emancipation > Other damage doubler. Costs more but non symmetrical and does a lot more damage.
Buried Ruin - Recur 1/5th of your deck
Inventors' Fair - Tutor, lifegain
Myriad Landscape - While a bit slow, ramp is needed in red, worth considering
Strip Mine - Interaction on cradle, coffers, field, etc...
Blast Zone - Interaction on enchantments and others
Curse of Opulence - Ramp and politics. Attack them with Norin, then Norin runs away and comes back with treasure :D
Ignite the Future/Light Up the Stage - "Draw" which you can use until your next turn, really good with Top as you can look at your top 3 or more importantly, use top to draw a card and then you know you can cast top easily.
Chandra, Torch of Defiance - Ramp, draw, removal and a wincon all in 1
Endless Atlas - Draw
Honor-Worn Shaku - Ramp with Norin, purphorous, chandra, etc...
Skullclamp - Draw
Lmk what you think of each suggestion and if you want ideas for cuts :)
3 weeks ago
Hello I was wondering exactly who creates a token off of Curse of Opulence's first ability. Is it the controller of the curse or is it other players?
4 weeks ago
I know you have a ton of decks, but arcane signet and commanders sphere likely belong in every deck.
36 lands/4 mana rocks seems too high. General rule for me is 35 lands - 1 for every 2-3 mana rocks. This deck also has a low cmc and generates treasures so it seems like you are ~3 lands too high. I would start cutting the 5 color lands and if you bump your cmc up at all, consider adding signets for minimal ramp at the cost of a lands at a 1/3 ratio.
Castle Locthwain - low oppurtunity cost for high value. your deck is half black and this can get you back into a game where you run low on resources
Yawgmoth is a heavy combo card, I dont see a combo for him, he would likely be better in anafenza where you can combo with persist creatures and bolster and all that. the proliferate is powerful, but checkout the options under infect.
Brazen Freebooter Captain Lannery Storm Corsair Captain Dire Fleet Hoarder Pitiless Plunderer Prosperous Pirates Rapacious Dragon Sailor of Means - you already have enough draft chaff in the random infect creatures, revel in riches win is accomplished with a single board clear, or ~2 turns of attacking, they are not required for revel in riches.
If you wanna go revel in riches
Phyrexian Tower - sac outlet and fast mana. see also Westvale Abbey Flip
Exava, Rakdos Blood Witch/Anger - lets you attack after a board clear
Mikaeus, the Unhallowed - this may be in another deck for flavor reasons, but basically makes all non humans immortal
Last One Standing - This basically a better damnation in rackdos. This should replace bontus last reckoning or just be an
additional board clear if you wanna go reanimator with mikaeus, hell even Nevinyrral's Disk is better than bontus
Phyrexian Scriptures ^ all those reasons, mild shoutout to Chain Reaction Blasphemous Act Spell Swindle/Storm the Vault Flip/Brass's Bounty any of these will replace all of the draft chaff and free up some card slots
Curse of Opulence - ramps and duh
Hellkite Tyrant - likely in another deck, but consider it
If you wanna go infect
Karn's Bastion - proliferate the counters and infect counters
Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth + Filth - another way to get unblockable. Wonder/Levitation also make blocking hard
Tainted Strike - the best thing about this card, is the fact you can cast it on your opponents creatures. This also combos well with reach creatures like Judith, the Scourge Diva/Syr Konrad, the Grim allowing you to kill your opponents w/o attacking. Does not apply to Blood Artist because life lose does not deal infect damage.
Move Drana, Liberator of Malakir to the mainboard, shes too synergistic to leave behind
Warstorm Surge - deal infect damage without attacking Stalking Vengeance is a worse version
Sword of Truth and Justice - prolly the best sword for this deck.
Bident of Thassa//Coastal Piracy - unblockable means free cards
Open Into Wonder/Mogis's Marauder - moar unblockable
Guildmages' Forum - synergy land
planeswalkers go up a ton with proliferate, Chandra, Flamecaller is a board clear, filter and damage engine. you will pretty much be able to ult Dack Fayden the turn you cast him. Liliana, Dreadhorde General looks amazing in this deck. ulting Lukka, Coppercoat Outcast for the win? just lul
Geode Golem - consider him if you think you need marchesa for the deck to work
Cyclonic Rift - likely in another deck, but another way to go unblockable River's Rebuke/Profaner of the Dead budget options
the vivid lands work with proliferate
Vigean Graftmage - may be better in your twiddle deck, but you can do a number of infinite combos with this card if you wanna go that direction. not very recommended with your current build
1 month ago
idea swap FULL DRAW :
Anvil of Bogardan
Dictate of Kruphix
Font of Mythos
Kami of the Crescent Moon
Master the Way
Pendant of Prosperity
Assemble the Legion
Curse of Opulence
Dominus of Fealty
1 month ago
Looks good. You might like these: Crop Rotation, Fabled Passage, Jund Panorama, Myriad Landscape, Gadrak, the Crown-Scourge, Sengir Autocrat, Mazirek, Kraul Death Priest, Surly Badgersaur, Thermopod, Captain Lannery Storm, Curse of Opulence, Primal Growth, Harrow, Sakura-Tribe Elder, Song of Freyalise, Wild Cantor
1 month ago
Key Mana Rocks:
Mana Crypt, Sol Ring, Mox Diamond, Chrome Mox, Lotus Petal, Mox Opal, Mox Amber, Mana Vault, Grim Monolith, Basalt Monolith, Arcane Signet, Fellwar Stone, the Signets and Talismans, Mind Stone, and Thought Vessel
Key Mana Dorks:
Deathrite Shaman, Birds of Paradise, Noble Hierarch, Avacyn's Pilgrim, Elves of Deep Shadow, Elvish Mystic, Llanowar Elves, Fyndhorn Elves, Arbor Elf, Boreal Druid, Bloom Tender, Priest of Titania, Faeburrow Elder
Key Mana Ramp (Other):
Collector Ouphe, Notion Thief, Ashiok, Dream Render, Narset, Parter of Veils, Null Rod, Linvala, Keeper of Silence, Cursed Totem, Grafdigger's Cage, Chains of Mephistopheles, Rest in Peace, Aven Mindcensor, Drannith Magistrate
Key Blue Countermagic:
Swan Song, Spell Pierce, Flusterstorm, Miscast, Dispel, Force of Will, Force of Negation, Mental Misstep, Fierce Guardianship, Pact of Negation, Mana Drain, Dovin's Veto, Drown in the Loch, Counterspell
Key Non-Blue Countermagic:
Chain of Vapor, Swords to Plowshares, Nature's Claim, Dismember, Fatal Push, Vandalblast, Winds of Abandon, Cyclonic Rift, Gilded Drake, Oko, Thief of Crowns, Legacy's Allure, Abrade, Abrupt Decay, Assassin's Trophy, Drown in the Loch, By Force, Shattering Spree, Natural State
Lands are Fetches, Horizon Duals, Og Duals, Shocks, Pain lands, sometimes triomes, sometimes the castles. Command Tower, City of Brass, Mana Confluence, Exotic Orchard, Forbidden Orchard, Gemstone Caverns, Gemstone Mine, Ancient Tomb, Gaea's Cradle, Wirewood Lodge, Mystic Sanctuary
1 month ago
Thank you so much for your comment Profet93! Super helpful :)
Your first point about lowering land counts and dropping Molten Vortex for a few draw engine sounds like a superb idea!
A lot of cool sugestions will give you my thoughts about them!
- Endless Atlas A great one, that I even have a copy of, I see no reason not to add it :)
- Hedron Archive Not sure sure about this one, it seems a bit expensive at 4 mana. It looks like it would be more used as ramp than draw no?
- Humble Defector This sounds like a fun one! Can even steal it back with Confusion in the Ranks even without Homeward Path (which have some anti-synergy with Confusion). Will definitely pick it up.
- Ignite the Future/Light Up the Stage are very interesting cards, but I would be afraid not to be able to cast what ever I exile or for it to be lands, would need access to at least 8 mana to be able to cast it, feels a bit too slow. Not super sold on these two :)
- Mind's Eye Expensive as you say but will be worth it if the game will drag on, will be looking to picking this one up together with the Honor-Worn Shaku
- Solemn Simulacrum have a few of these laying around, not sure why I never put one it. Will do it until I find something to replace it with. :)
- Wheel of Fortune/Wheel of Fate/Reforge the Soul/Magus of the Wheel, of Fortune is not within my price range, it is almost as much as the rest of the deck combined. I might pick the Magus of the Wheel however as a cheap alternative.
- Curse of Opulence Such a evil card! A lot of my group either play decks that benefit a lot from ramp or who need a lot of mana. So I fear this would help them more than me, I will definitely put it on my list to pick it up if I see one cheap though. Cause I do want to try it.
- Dockside Extortionist Strong card! But unfortunately a bit to expensive, will put it on my "buy on a bargain" list though!
- Mind Stone will put in this one, like it more than the Hedron Archive as you can drop it a lot faster.
- Ruby Medallion Neat, will be looking to picking one up
- Sword of the Animist That's true! It basically reads "Pay 2, Put a land from your library into the battlefield tapped", will be looking to adding this one too for sure!
- Tough one, $15 is about what I am prepared to put down on a single card, if it isn't a win con or simply a "must have", I wouldn't say this is either but it is strong and versatile so will probably pick it up if I can.
- Etali, Primal Storm Aww, I just bought this guy for my Xenagos' Dudes goes Face deck where he can get instant value, maybe I should have picked up two of them. My fear here is that it's can be a bit too slow to have to wait another turn to be able to attack with it.
- Sunbird's Invocation Insane card. At the point I can put this down the game is either over or would be over in a few turns. Most of the cards in the deck needs a few turns to actually do something so even though this card is insane it might be too late?
- Sensei's Divining Top Love this card so much, but unfortunately a bit too expensive. It's on the "Get it on a bargain" list :)
- Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle It's also a bit too much to put on a card that is only going to ping for 3. If I had a few more ways to put out lands each turn it could be worth the 20$
- Chain Reaction Good idea, will replace it when I find one
- Nevinyrral's Disk Will be looking to pick one up!
- Blast Zone Looks to be a bit slow? Will pick one up anyhow and test run it
- Terror of the Peaks Yeah, wanted this in Norin as soon as I saw it. It have been dropping in price in my local market so will be looking to picking a couple up for my decks soon.
Again thank you so much for your comment, it have been super helpful.
I am super interested in hearing your thoughts about cuts to the deck. Like what you think is too weak or doesn't fit. :)