Sigiled Sword of Valeron
Artifact — Equipment
Equipped creature gets +2/+0, has vigilance, and is a Knight in addition to its other types.
Whenever equipped creature attacks, create a 2/2 white Knight creature token with vigilance that's attacking.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Sigiled Sword of Valeron occurrence in decks from the last year
Latest Decks as Commander
Sigiled Sword of Valeron Discussion
1 day ago
Hi :) I also bought Rowan's deck and I'm currently building a Modern Boros Knights deck. Here are some suggestion based on what I've learned. I like Fervent Champion, Venerable Knight, Inspiring Veteran and Acclaimed Contender, they´re very good cards that i also run! Another 1 drop that u might like is Student of Warfare. On the other hand, i noticed that u are not running two really good cards for Knights in Modern: Knight Exemplar and History of Benalia. The first one, although quite expensive, is the best lord for knights. History of Benalia gives u board presence with Knight Tokens and then buff all of ur knights. I suggest running 4 copies of each, replacing Benalish Marshal, Bonecrusher Giant and Rimrock Knight. Some cards that u can check are Gideon, Ally of Zendikar (Knight Token generator), Path of Exile (removal), Knight of the White Orchid (mana fixing), Dauntless Bodyguard (creature protection), Sigiled Sword of Valeron and Embercleave (both good equipments, but I personally prefer Embercleave). Finally, in ur Maybeboard u have 5 copies of Basri's Solidarity, remember that u can only run a maximum of 4 copies of a card. Hope this helps u :)
1 month ago
Hi Yogei,Changeling Outcast? This card it's very good with Sigiled Sword of Valeron and Knights' Charge, and knights they have few one drop. Other budget cards for this deck can be Etchings of the Chosen and Return from Extinction. What do you think about it? ^^
1 month ago
The new guy Armored Skyhunter is pretty deece.
Sigiled Sword of Valeron is one of my favorite equipments in this deck, because you can swing out and replace your knights with new ones every time if they get blocked. Changeling Outcast is also pretty good since hes an unblockable knight.
3 months ago
RNR_Gaming thanks for the suggestions. I actually cracked open a box of Double and got Puresteel Paladin I was trying to figure where to slot him in. And thanks for Magnetic Theft it is a very spicy card Both for Godo(though I have yet to see one in the groups I play) it also helps with getting Sigiled Sword of Valeron on to one of my dragons to give them all the knight benefits.
4 months ago
Hey, nice version of Elsha. I saw your forum topic asking for help with cuts.
Six cards to cut to make 100 cards:
- Remember the Fallen: lackluster recursion.
- Danitha Capashen, Paragon: doesn't reduce all artifact casting costs only equipment which makes her not as good as other cost reducers since she doesn't work with the Top combo.
- Krenko, Tin Street Kingpin: creature who's not good enough to disrupt Elsha.
- Ghostly Prison: I don't think you need both Prison and Propaganda, one could be cut.
- Blackblade Reforged: only good if you have a lot of lands, but you don't want a lot of lands with Elsha.
- Basilisk Collar: not a fan unless you're playing ways to take advantage of deathtouch and you can get lifelink from better equipment.
When you want more cuts look to reducing some redundancy:
- Puresteel Paladin is much better than Brass Squire.
- Padeem, Consul of Innovation is much better than Leonin Abunas.
- Sword of Vengeance is better with Elsha than Sigiled Sword of Valeron and Batterskull for vigilance since also gives trample. Valeron is a supbar equipment for the same costs as Vengeance and Batterskull not giving evasion is a big drawback.
- Hammer of Nazahn is better than Darksteel Plate.
All the Swords in the cycle can be good for different budgets, but when you have the three better expensive price ones then you don't need to play the others. Sword of Body and Mind, Sword of War and Peace, Sword of Truth and Justice are not as good as the others and could be cut.
Some cards to consider adding:
- Enlightened Tutor, Whir of Invention, Reshape, Fabricate: tutor for an equipment or Top.
- Foundry Inspector, Cloud Key: other artifact mana cost reducers for the combo with Top.
- Izzet Signet, Azorius Signet, Boros Signet: add the Signets in place of lands.
- Jeskai Ascendancy: is like giving Elsha pseudo vigilance with instant speed surprise untap/pump her to block and draw.
Good luck with your deck.
4 months ago
Cards I’d cut:
Basilisk Collar - You don’t need deathtouch and your other lifelink equipment are more desirable.
Helm of the Host - Creating extra 3/3 prowess creatures isn’t worth it.
Sword of Sinew and Steel, Sword of War and Peace - not enough payoff to justify these. Light and Shadow is a bit weak because you don’t have much creatures to reanimate, but the pro-white/pro-black is good at stopping removal and evading blockers. Truth and Justice feels also weak, but you’re getting a bigger beater every turn which is improving your damage output. Fire and Ice and Feast and Famine are the best swords to keep and not cut.
Armory Automaton - Cute but doesn’t contribute anything to you smacking your opponent with your commander.
Godo, Bandit Warlord - Clunky. I know he can be used as part of an infinite combo, but infinite combos should be added in when you have your 100 cards set aside and can start replacing them.
Brainstorm - it might be good for removing lands but you should run Druidic Satchel over it as its a repeatable Rampant Growth in this deck, though since you’re trying to cut cards I think you can go without either.
Remember the Fallen, Serum Visions, Sevinne's Reclamation - Remove these as you can go without them. If you’re worried about losing your stuff you should run Academy Ruins as it only takes up a land slot.
Mystic Forge - Your commander is already doing its job for you.
Masterwork of Ingenuity, Mirrormade - These are situational cards that vary on what you have out. They also provide amazing incentives for your opponents to destroy the original equipment effectively 2-for-1’ing you.
4 months ago
4 months ago
Very interesting! At first I was confused by Call the Bloodline since knights don't have a lot of card draw potential, but Haakon, Stromgald Scourge makes it an absolute win! I would suggest 4 Murderous Rider since you don't have any removal otherwise. Also I would suggest going up to 4 Call the Bloodline. You want to have this at all times and if you have more than one in your hand you can discard it or save it incase of enchantment removal. Also I would suggest History of Benalia over Sigiled Sword of Valeron. You have to have 6 mana to have it effective, while Benalia creates 2 knights and boosts for only 3.