Breath of Fury
Enchantment — Aura
Enchant creature you control
When enchanted creature deals combat damage to a player, sacrifice it and attach Breath of Fury to a creature you control. If you do, untap all creatures you control and after this phase, there is an additional combat phase.
Combos Browse all Suggest
- Breath of Fury + Giant Adephage
- Alesha, Who Smiles at Death + Breath of Fury
- Alesha, Who Smiles at Death + Breath of Fury + Rogue's Passage + Sword of Feast and Famine
- Alesha, Who Smiles at Death + Breath of Fury + Sword of Feast and Famine + Whispersilk Cloak
- Breath of Fury + Dawn Evangel
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Breath of Fury Discussion
2 weeks ago
Breath of Fury could be an interesting way to recur multiple creatures with Alesha in the same turn, as well as get some more damage in. You would have to work around getting the enchanted creature through, and make sure you have enough creatures to enchant that you aren't forced to put it on Alesha...
1 month ago
Breath of Fury and Aggravated Assault could be good fits for finishers, especially given how Savage Ventmaw goes infinite with the latter. I would recommend some ways to give your commander indestructible. It seems like you want to do damage to him a lot, but you can only do that 3 time each turn before he dies without a buff. Darksteel Plate, Hammer of Nazahn, and Shield of Kaldra come to mind as equipment that fill that role, but you could also go the totem armor route. Cards like Bear Umbra or Snake Umbra both buff and protect your commander.
2 months ago
lol, without meaning to I've included a few combos.
Olivia, Crimson Bride + Breath of Fury enchanted onto any other creature in the deck + one other creature. This turns into unlimited attacks as long as Olivia and the enchanted creature don't die and the enchanted creature hits a player.
3 months ago
3 months ago
I did not much upgrading in this deck. Just removed the in my opinion, worst cards. Its kinda fundeck right now, and its best with 4+ players, so you can attack 2 enemies and gain 2 triggers of breena. I will check you recommendations soon and maybe rework the deck. I also reworked ghired, the changes are very nice. but I will remove Breath of Fury, as it is a endlesscombo just with the commander, when you get it out early. but lets discuss this on ghireds page. again thank you for the recommendations :) Mars
4 months ago
Hey! Kinda late, but I would like to suggest some stuff:
(Disclaimer: I have a budget way lower than yours, but I've been tinkering with Ghired for almost two years - he's my favorite commander. I'll break the suggested upgrades down into categories for better organization.)
- You need them for Ghired and his tokens to attack right away, as well as to use your creatures with tap abilities on demand. Please consider Hammer of Purphoros in addition to Lightning Greaves and Fires of Yavimaya. The Hammer can even create tokens if needed.
Ramp: Run at least 15 ramp cards to make your deck flow smoother and faster.
As an aggressive deck, speed is fundamental. Fellwar Stone, Nature's Lore, Three Visits, Skyshroud Elf, Bloom Tender, Faeburrow Elder, Chromatic Lantern, Coalition Relic, Wood Elves, Skyshroud Claim and Mirari's Wake can ramp and heavily fix your mana, taking the place of Gyre Sage, Solemn Simulacrum, Rampant Growth, Sakura-Tribe Elder and Xenagos, the Reveler - the latter is a win-more ramp, and his 2/2 token is not large enough to synergize with the power-based card draw, while the other four fix for a single color of mana (Ghired decks can sometimes be color-hungry), and this deck can't abuse the sad robot for value.
In the land department, Krosan Verge and Blighted Woodland pull their weight, and synergize greatly with Avenger of Zendikar and Rampaging Baloths. Maybe remove Cascading Cataracts? (Your spells are not THAT color hungry.)
Have you considered Warstorm Surge and Terror of the Peaks as a mean to do damage even before attacking? The dragon can even be cloned with Flamerush Rider, Flameshadow Conjuring and Soul Foundry for extra copies of the same effect (the game ends quiiiickly after that). I'd remove Dragonmaster Outcast for that, since its effect is slow (albeit amazing if he lasts on the field).
Extra combats: You don't have to worry about your opponents' answers if they never get to their turn, so...
- Moraug, Fury of Akoum, Aurelia, the Warleader, Combat Celebrant, Scourge of the Throne (I believe there is an infinite combo involving those two), Savage Beating, Response / Resurgence, Breath of Fury (always attach it to your disposable tokens to keep attacking).
Winds of Abandon might replace Hour of Reckoning. I don't really like to lose Ghired on a boardwipe, since he costs 7 mana to recast. Winds of Abandon also works as evasion for your creatures, since your opponents won't have creatures to block. As for the ramp it offers, an opponent can't do anything with the extra lands if he/she's dead, right? :-)
Card draw: Alongside ramp, it is my main concern with Ghired. I want to be able to rebuild my board after a boardwipe.
I believe that Camaraderie can be substituted for Shamanic Revelation as the latter cost less mana. Mouth / Feed is another option that creates its own big token. Return of the Wildspeaker can either draw cards or buff creatures for an alpha strike.
Keeper of Fables triggers all other power-based card draw, while giving easy draw triggers to all your trampling creatures. Elder Gargaroth is a buffed, more versatile version of it. And remember: both can be cloned for extra juicy draw or extra tokens.
Sylvan Library is an overall great card filter for your regular draws. It gets better with shufflers like fetchlands and tutors.
Since your deck is focused on attacking and getting extra combat steps, Etali, Primal Storm might be a fun way to play your opponents' cards while lowering their life points.
Some cards I suggest you to remove:
- Sundering Growth: you already have enough flexible removal. You will almost never be in a situation in which the token to copy and the artifact/enchantment to remove are optimal choices. Since you're running Eladamri's Call, Reclamation Sage might be worth including (and cloned for the enjoyment of your friends).
- Starnheim Unleashed: one token is too little for a whole card slot in the deck. If you're foretelling, it costs a lot of mana to be worthwhile. The game might be over before that.
- Growing Ranks: waiting a whole rotation to get a token which does not even have haste is not ideal.
- Ghired's Belligerence, Full Flowering: good for a late game play, mostly dead until then. I like those, but I removed them in favor of more mid-game cards, since I might not last until 9+ mana.
- Trostani, Selesnya's Voice: while on-theme, it does little to advance your win condition.
- Thunderfoot Baloth: not an amazing buff. Your creatures are big already, and Garruk's Uprising takes care of the evasion.
- Feldon of the Third Path: all-star when there is a lot of graveyard filling - there is none in this deck. (I really tried to keep him on my deck because I like the card, but most of the time there was no creature in my graveyard.)
- Eldrazi Displacer: are you using it for a combo? I couldn't identify it.
Some cool lands for you to try out: (landbase is my favorite part of deckbuilding)
- Castle Garenbrig: how easily do you have access to a Forest for it to be worth including in your deck?
- Rogue's Passage: can sometimes help you to finish an opponent.
- Scavenger Grounds: if you face graveyard-centric decks (you don't seem to use your graveyard much).
- Hanweir Battlements Meld: another haste enabler.
- Gargoyle Castle: sometimes you need a flying token. (I rarely use it, but I like to have the option.)
- Gemstone Caverns: a turn-0 ramp when the first turn is not yours.
- Bonders' Enclave: card draw on a land (easily accessible).
- Mana Confluence, Battlefield Forge, Karplusan Forest, Brushland, Horizon Canopy, Sunbaked Canyon, Prismatic Vista, Cragcrown Pathway Flip, Branchloft Pathway Flip, Needleverge Pathway Flip: more untapped dual lands.
I hope I've been of some help to you. I didn't suggest many token-related cards because I believe that, as long as you have decent ramp, draw and removal in your deck, you can win to your heart's content. Wanna throw in a Godsire? Do it. Prefer to clone your opponents' creatures with Hate Mirage? Go ahead. But the fundamentals of the deck is what makes it flow consistently. Have fun and smash 'em all (and run Doubling Season for extra fun) ;-)
4 months ago
Added a Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle too, thanks everyone for the awesome recommendations!
5 months ago
I forget to suggest including multiple "sacrifice creature" outlets !!
The static ability of "When you don't control a legendary Vampire, exile this creature." could lead to situations that knock you right out of a game. Use cards like Ashnod's Altar & Plumb the Forbidden so that you can sacrifice your creatures into the graveyard in response to the exile ability going onto the stack.
P.S. Shifting Shadow & Breath of Fury have so much potential with Olivia, Crimson Bride that i would auto include them both.