Creature — Avatar
When Diluvian Primordial enters the battlefield, for each opponent, you may cast up to one target instant or sorcery card from that player's graveyard without paying its mana cost. If a card cast this way would be put into a graveyard this turn, exile it instead.
|Want (2)||tgger000 , shadowstrife55|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Diluvian Primordial Discussion
1 week ago
Awesome deck! I really like spellslinger decks, and playing this seems really fun.
However, considering how many instants and sorceries you have and the wheel theme, i'm surprised you don't have any graveyard recursion or synergy.
some cards that you could consider are: Bond of Insight, Call to Mind, Flood of Recollection, Mystic Retrieval, Pull from the Deep, Relearn, Shreds of Sanity, Backdraft Hellkite, Past in Flames, Volcanic Vision and The Mirari Conjecture
some of those exile themselves and since you have so much draw power that might actually be a downside. If i were to cut something for those I would maybe one of those shuffle effects.
mnemonic deluge and diluvian primordial are pretty funny, though kinda expensive. Imagine casting a wheel and then "going shopping" for spells, i highly recommend it. though these exile, so if you loop your deck you can't cast the spell you coped again.
i don't know how often you would be able to kill or do something significant with Spiraling Embers, but i thought it would be a fun inclusion.
here's a few cards for copying instants and sorceries:
Bonus Round, Insidious Will, Reverberate, Thousand-Year Storm, Swarm Intelligence and Twincast. twincast, reverberate and insidious will double as interaction, and you could also consider Narset's Reversal
sorry for the wall of text, just got excited about brewing so i wanted to suggest a bunch of cards. I hope that this at least gave you some ideas.
4 weeks ago
It's not really fair to suggest a bunch of additions to a deck without suggesting some cuts, so the ones I am seeing so far are:
- Clone Legion This is a huge spell but not necessarily a game ender when for 9 mana it probably should be. If it doesn't end the game, it will create a bookkeeping nightmare of tokens that are copies of a variety of creatures that don't have haste and are permanent. Seems the most straight across replacement would be Insurrection which for 1 mana less steals ALL creatures (not just one player's), gives them haste, and guarantees you have all the power and your opponents have no blockers. You should be able to end most games that way or at least take out a player or two, or just wait a little longer until that is the case.
- Diluvian Primordial A very expensive creature with no cost reduction, no tribal support, no flash or anything to keep it flexible, and it allows you to cast one spell from each opponent's graveyard? Your spells should be better than theirs. you don't need their spells. Certainly not at this cost. My straight across replacement recommendation? Spark Double! If you have your commander out, this seems like the best creature you could possibly cast!
- Double Vision 5 mana is a lot to spend on an enchantment that does nothing on its own, and when it is really good it is kind of a win more card. What this card needs more from an enchantment is more stuff to do early game and more repeatable card draw, so it may be cliche but you could put Mystic Remora or Rhystic Study here and I'm sure they would prove useful to keeping the deck fueled.
- Foil Seems like the worst of your counterspells, and you already have a lot! You want one you can cast for free? Force of Will, Fierce Guardianship, and Deflecting Swat are all likely better but expensive. Mana Drain too. But IMO, you already have plenty of counterspells and could use more stuff to trigger day/night so I recommend Leyline of Anticipation here so you can make it night on your turn easy and keep all your tools available at all time. Not to mention dropping creatures and artifacts and stuff right before your turn to protect them!
- Galecaster Colossus I'm not sure what another 7 mana creature is doing in this spell slinger deck. You wanna tap out for this on turn 8? No. I found a few other Wizard synergies that would probably work better like Sage of Fables or Metallic Mimic, but probably the Wizard that I would hate seeing the most here and is therefor probably correct is Fatespinner. This will also encourage a lot more day/night flipping I imagine when some people have to skip their main phase!
- Homeward Path Are you worried about your commander being stolen? That doesn't seem like a likely occurrence in our meta, and even less likely with all the counterspells and protection equipment you are playing. Instead how about Tyrite Sanctum? You can put a counter on Vadrik at instant speed repeatably for a low price, and when the time comes you can make him Indestructible permanently!
- Stifle I find this effect is often too small to be worth running defensively. You could replace it with a slightly bigger version like Disallow, Trickbind, Interdict, or Squelch. You could also replace this with kind of anything proactive and I have a lot of suggestions that could go here with Commander's Plate probably being the safest and Galazeth Prismari being the wildest! (He allows you to tap your equipment for mana!)
- Theoretical Duplication I just don't think copying your opponent's creatures for the turn (or more likely creature, singular) is that strong. And the bookkeeping again. You know what IS frustratingly strong? Capsize. Oof. I kinda hate myself for recommending it though. Alternatively if you wanna buyback something fun how about Seething Anger, Haze of Rage, or Lunar Frenzy to build up a huge Vadrik turn!
And a few basic lands for some of the nonbasics I recommended. Also we probably have too many Mountains given that 73% of your mana costs are blue. That's a good start I think at tweaking this deck!
1 month ago
Diluvian Primordial triggers once when it enters the battlefield. When the trigger goes on the stack, you select a target card in each opponent's graveyard. Players can now respond, either by countering the ability or removing one or more cards you targeted from the graveyards (they can also remove Primordial but the ability will still resolve).
When the ability resolves, you cast all of the target cards cards that are still there. They go on the stack with their own targets selected, and players can now respond again.
So no, they can't respond in between your casting the spells, but they can respond after you announce which spells you'll be targeting to cast and they can respond between any of those spells resolving.
1 month ago
When Diluvian Primordial's ability resolves, you cast all spells it fetches simultaneously. Your opponent can respond before any of them resolve, or in between the resolution of some of them, but you must declare the targets for all of your spells before your opponents gain priority.
1 month ago
Wandering Archaic Flip is amazing and I went back and forth between it and Diluvian Primordial for the Avatar slot. I’ve yet to pull the primordial in a game so I’m waiting to make the swap until I see it in action. Archaic is far more mana efficient and will help protect the board, but the primordial’s trigger is immediate and potentially game changing. Super tough call, but something tells me the archaic might make the final cut. I didn’t even know Great Whale existed, what a cool card! Might have to save up for that one. Myr Battlesphere is going in the maybeboard as well. I’ve spent so much time tinkering with this build and I’ll need more play testing to figure out what to cut. Thanks for the awesome suggestions!
2 months ago
Hi :) I have a similar deck ( Aminatou ) and lately I've been adding/removing some cards using your deck as inspiration.
I'm having a really hard time finding a reason to cut Ixidron, though, and I'm curious about your thoughts. It's similar to a board wipe, but you can blink all your creatures back.
Awesome deck, btw!
6 months ago
Here are some cards I think may benefit the deck:
Ancestral Knowledge can give you pretty much infinite scry 10
Banshee's Blade goes with the "deals combat damage" mechanic and can beef up your commander
Diluvian Primordial maybe just a sideboard, but could be effective against certain decks
Door of Destinies I saw a couple cards that made all creatures all types and thought this fit in with that
Forbidding Spirit great defensive flicker
Highcliff Felidar nice control flicker
Kinsbaile Courier counter engine
Mace of the Valiant will beef up commander as you flicker your creatures
8 months ago
A few other mechanics to look for: rebound, cipher, retrace, aftermath, cascade. Of all these I think Oona's Grace is probably just a crazy card.
I was also thinking of other ways to cheat cards into being cast Mind's Dilation , Daxos of Meletis , Planeswalker's Mischief , Baral's Expertise , Stolen Goods , Talent of the Telepath , Diluvian Primordial , Chaos Wand , Omen Machine , Djinn of Wishes , God-Eternal Kefnet . Some of these seem like they may be inconsistent, but I really like Knowledge Pool .