Enchantment — Aura
Enchanted creature gets +1/+1 and has reach. (It can block creatures with flying.)
Totem armor (If enchanted creature would be destroyed, instead remove all damage from it and destroy this Aura.)
Printings View all
|Ultimate Masters (UMA)||Common|
|Rise of the Eldrazi (ROE)||Common|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Spider Umbra Discussion
4 months ago
Oh, and Smothering Tithe is pretty great in any white edh deck. :)
Great build, +1!
6 months ago
Why no auras like Hyena Umbra or Spider Umbra to buff and protect Atla Palani, Nest Tender? Maybe not playable at instant speed. But cheap and effective to protect in combination with the X=0 triggers from Mirror Entity. Not only the +1/+1 protection but also the Totem Armor is nice.
6 months ago
Stuff that seems underwhelming here: Blossom Dryad, Dragonscale Boon, Erosion, Garenbrig Paladin, Gift of Strength, Nyxborn Colossus, Oko, the Trickster, Reduce in Stature, Sauroform Hybrid, Stony Strength, Tall as a Beanstalk, Wavebreak Hippocamp, World Shaper
9 months ago
- there are several ways to go about this. I prefer the dont touch me method Merica' Enchant. By using cards that tax my enemy(s) to attack me I can successfully stall into the late game and never worry about my life total. Once i get there i use value town to win the game.
- Your method is much more of the "bogles" method. Utilize creatures like Gladecover Scout and Slippery Bogle to a good creature to pump up. It has hexproof so removing them are hard. These cares a like 1$ a copy roughly. Kor Spiritdancer is really good as well but more spendy. As for budget enchantments I would use 4x Ethereal Armor 2x Gryff's Boon 3-4x Hyena Umbra 4x Spider Umbra 2x Spirit Mantle . If you want to spend more money get Rancor and keep the Daybreak Coronet. If you go thsi rout i recommend 26 enchantments roughtly and about 13 creatures. Dryad Arbor is an interesting creature to look at (dont run more than 1 or 2 being its also easy to kill, and its a land). Path to exil is the best removal in the game in your colors. Id run 2 to help deal with probelmatic cards your friends might be playing. Leyline of Sanctity can also help you out if they have target player spells.
- Either way you go lands help so much. Espically when they tap for 2 colors and dont enter tapped. It helps smooth things so much. Temple Garden are a good investment and so is Razorverge Thicket . If you really want to get fancy Horizon Canopy are also really sweet. If you end up with the boggles rout youll need about 19 lands total. If you for bigger and better spells, Then its not as clean cut id have to look at your spell curve, I am gonna guess itd be 22-24 lands.
- If you want more feed back let me know. If you need help with other decks let me know as well.
- Also being you are considering Spirit mantel. Its gives it hex proof from creatures, and cannot be blocked from creatures as well. It also prevents all damage from creatures so it really helps.
1 year ago
I also read your deck help request and I've got a few possible additions. Bear in mind though, you didn't really specify a budget, so I'm just going to aim for under $20 per card:
Extraplanar Lens (way past 20, oops)
Gauntlet of Power (i think this is 20 on the dot)
I have to run for now, I'll add voltron-esque cards in another comment later.
1 year ago
Wow, we definitely have different opinions on how to run this haha, but that’s totally ok! That’s what makes this game great. The instants are what make this deck so much fun for me because I love pulling combat tricks on folks, and well, the fact that things can be countered applies to all the reanimation spells as well—although that is not to say the reanimation stuff is bad. It’s another clever way to work with how Skully keepa his counters, which is fantastic. Plus it prevents you from having to pay commander tax, also clutch. I suppose Ive never really worried about paying the tax though since he starts off at 2. Ive played plenty of games where he’s ended up costing 14 or 16 lol. I used to run more ramp and looking back at my list i think i will make a few adjustments in that regard.
Stuff like Skarrg Goliath is expensive but they are game-changers and I love that. Plus in the event I need a creature on the board I can throw him down. Epic Proportions and Enlarge are super hilarious to me and have worked. Of course every meta is different so for you maybe they wont. Lastly, Berserk and Hatred are generally one shot kills. Again, something I think is phenomenal in voltron. But to each their own!
Glad you also sort of like Hot Soup !
1 year ago
Hello fellow Skullbriar player,
I like your deck-list a lot! I like how you are running Triumph of the Hordes . I never really thought of going that direction for a win. You’re also running a lot more creatures which is cool to see!
Skullbriar for me, is the perfect deck to throw a bunch of combat trick stuff and janky pumps/unblockables like: Elbrus, the Binding Blade Flip, Hot Soup , Prowler's Helm , Epic Proportions , Gigantomancer , Emergent Growth , Berserk , Hatred , Hunt the Weak , Trailblazer's Boots , Burst of Strength , Might of Oaks and Enlarge (so hilarious to pull-off). Here is my Skullbriar brew
Hope some of that helps!
1 year ago
My immediate thought with utilizing the Bros efficiently was to emphasize artifact creatures (ex. Goblin Replica ) and enchantment creatures (ex. Courser of Kruphix ) so you could always have options on what to sacrifice to answer a problem. You have the creature portion covered completely but I honestly cannot see you wanting to sacrifice any of your enchantments without also hurting yourself.
Most options to make expendable enchantment tokens are not great, like Pharika, God of Affliction , but some like Renowned Weaver could be viable because, again, it gives you options on what you want to sacrifice.
Bros' cost is also kind of expensive so ways to reduce it or generate more mana (you are in ) will allow multiple activations if need be. Heartstone and Thran Turbine come to mind to reduce their cost and Burnished Hart , Wild-Field Scarecrow , Solemn Simulacrum , Skittering Surveyor and Pilgrim's Eye are great early game to fix your mana while late-game you can sacrifice them to either ability.
You mentioned reanimation in the description so some more options are Animate Dead , Dance of the Dead , Phyrexian Delver , Oath of Ghouls , Palace Siege , Entreat the Dead , Feldon of the Third Path , Victimize , and Whisper, Blood Liturgist .
I would also consider other sacrifice options so in case you do not need to activate Bros you can still generate value via sacrificing your tokens or creatures. Altar's Reap and Costly Plunder for card advantage, Sidisi, Undead Vizier to tutor, Priest of Forgotten Gods for multi-value, etc.
You have the protective-footwear covered but I would consider adding Spider Umbra and Kaya's Ghostform so you can protect or sacrifice them if need be. Other personal favorites of mine are Undying Evil and Supernatural Stamina .
Looks nefariously "fun!"