Enchantment — Aura
Enchanted creature gets +1/+1 and has reach. (It can block creatures with flying.)
Totem armor (If enchanted creature would be destroyed, instead remove all damage from it and destroy this Aura.)
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Spider Umbra occurrence in decks from the last year
Latest Decks as Commander
Spider Umbra Discussion
3 weeks ago
Hey, thanks for the suggestions SirQuixano! I totally missed that Ivy Lane Denizen puts the counter on any target creature, not just the creature that entered the battlefield, with Aerie Ouphes it'd be a wincon in its own right!
I did test with Bramble Elemental a while back, but noticed there weren't really enough Auras in the deck to get much value out of it. I'll give it another try with the new Auras and see how it works out.
3 weeks ago
I'd personally recommend Aerie Ouphes for any Renata deck, especially one with the Denizen, as its one of the few infinite combos in non-blue in pauper EDH. I'd also recommend Bramble Elemental to strap auras on, as well as the totem armor enchantments Snake Umbra and Spider Umbra.
2 months ago
Make a test taking off Barkhide Troll and Boggart Ram-Gang and putting 4 Slippery Bogle. Your spells are very low cost, so I don't see how Llanowar Elves are needed, try to get off them and use 4 Bassara Tower Archer, it seems she works a lot better than the troll, due she's constant hexproof and keeping good your green devotion. Witchstalker is a good option for sideboard, try to use 4 Silhana Ledgewalker, she's fasten and much more hard to be blocked. Vines of Vastwood are very good, try to use 4 of it, it suits well in any situation.
8 months ago
Oh, and Smothering Tithe is pretty great in any white edh deck. :)
Great build, +1!
10 months ago
Why no auras like Hyena Umbra or Spider Umbra to buff and protect Atla Palani, Nest Tender? Maybe not playable at instant speed. But cheap and effective to protect in combination with the X=0 triggers from Mirror Entity. Not only the +1/+1 protection but also the Totem Armor is nice.
10 months ago
Stuff that seems underwhelming here: Blossom Dryad, Dragonscale Boon, Erosion, Garenbrig Paladin, Gift of Strength, Nyxborn Colossus, Oko, the Trickster, Reduce in Stature, Sauroform Hybrid, Stony Strength, Tall as a Beanstalk, Wavebreak Hippocamp, World Shaper
1 year ago
- there are several ways to go about this. I prefer the dont touch me method Merica' Enchant. By using cards that tax my enemy(s) to attack me I can successfully stall into the late game and never worry about my life total. Once i get there i use value town to win the game.
- Your method is much more of the "bogles" method. Utilize creatures like Gladecover Scout and Slippery Bogle to a good creature to pump up. It has hexproof so removing them are hard. These cares a like 1$ a copy roughly. Kor Spiritdancer is really good as well but more spendy. As for budget enchantments I would use 4x Ethereal Armor 2x Gryff's Boon 3-4x Hyena Umbra 4x Spider Umbra 2x Spirit Mantle . If you want to spend more money get Rancor and keep the Daybreak Coronet. If you go thsi rout i recommend 26 enchantments roughtly and about 13 creatures. Dryad Arbor is an interesting creature to look at (dont run more than 1 or 2 being its also easy to kill, and its a land). Path to exil is the best removal in the game in your colors. Id run 2 to help deal with probelmatic cards your friends might be playing. Leyline of Sanctity can also help you out if they have target player spells.
- Either way you go lands help so much. Espically when they tap for 2 colors and dont enter tapped. It helps smooth things so much. Temple Garden are a good investment and so is Razorverge Thicket . If you really want to get fancy Horizon Canopy are also really sweet. If you end up with the boggles rout youll need about 19 lands total. If you for bigger and better spells, Then its not as clean cut id have to look at your spell curve, I am gonna guess itd be 22-24 lands.
- If you want more feed back let me know. If you need help with other decks let me know as well.
- Also being you are considering Spirit mantel. Its gives it hex proof from creatures, and cannot be blocked from creatures as well. It also prevents all damage from creatures so it really helps.
1 year ago
I also read your deck help request and I've got a few possible additions. Bear in mind though, you didn't really specify a budget, so I'm just going to aim for under $20 per card:
Extraplanar Lens (way past 20, oops)
Gauntlet of Power (i think this is 20 on the dot)
I have to run for now, I'll add voltron-esque cards in another comment later.