Your opponents play with their hands revealed.
Printings View all
|2010 Core Set (M10)||Uncommon|
|Tenth Edition (10E)||Uncommon|
|Ninth Edition (9ED)||Uncommon|
|Ninth Edition Foreign Black Border (9EDFBB)||Uncommon|
|Eighth Edition (8ED)||Uncommon|
|Seventh Edition (7ED)||Uncommon|
|Urza's Saga (USG)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
3 weeks ago
Scattershot Archer (especially if you have ways to give it deathtouch)
Traproot Kami in mono-green
Soulmender in any build that has "Whenever you gain life" triggers
Skyblinder Staff in flying heavy decks
Runed Stalactite in tribal builds to protect utility creatures
And I didn't forget black, I just don't play it so I don't have anything to add for that color.
3 weeks ago
Here are my favorites per color, and of course, colorless!:
Now, as I mentioned, there are plenty staples I didn't mention, here are some of the less common, more budget cards. If you want a list of all the dorks, draw engines, etc. that are at 1 cmc and should be run, just ask!
1 month ago
I think, to have a list of lists for each commander, you'd have to take a lot into account.
First, the commander(Kykar for this example)
Second, the variation(Kykar Anthems, Kykar Storm, Kykar Spirit Tribal)
Then you get the fun stuff:
Win Turn at optimized uninterrupted draw(absolute fastest you can win)
Average uninterrupted win turn(Average turn you can win without interruption)
Average land-drop threshold(the turn at which you tend to stop getting land drops)
Average mana at each turn(up to 15-20 for EDH)
average cards played each turn
average p/t in play on each turn
1 month ago
- cut Doomed Dissenter since it can't be recast with your commander, and there are plenty of 2/2 zombies for 2 which can
- cut Festering Mummy because in commander, most creatures will not die with a couple of -1/-1 counters. Consider keeping it if your opponents play lots of mana dorks such as Llanowar Elves
- cut Ghoulraiser, your commander casts a zombie of your choice from the graveyard anyway
- cut Liliana's Steward, targeted discard is bad in commander. You and the targeted opponent lose a card, but your other two opponents don't.
- cut Increasing Ambition, it simply costs too much mana for the effect in my opinion
- cut Sealed Fate, it's pretty bad unless your opponent just used a Worldly Tutor or something
- cut Shamble Back, you don't want to exile your own creatures, and it's a pretty poor form of graveyard hate.
- cut Remove Soul, if you're paying 2 mana for a counterspell, you want it to hit more than just creatures
- cut Spell Snuff, 3 mana counterspells are too expensive
- cut Vile Rebirth for the same reason as Shamble Back
- cut Manalith and Nyx Lotus. When you're in 2 colours, you generally don't want to pay more than 2 mana to ramp. Plus if you ramp on turn 2, you'll have 4 mana on turn 3, allowing you to cast your commander early
- cut Telepathy, it's not worth using a card to see your opponents hand unless you're playing something specific like maybe Sen Triplets.
- For semi-budget 2-colour deck, your mana base looks pretty good. I would just cut Skyline Cascade, having it come in tapped isn't worth it for it's effect in commander. You can probably just play a basic island in its place.
If you want to upgrade your mana base, avoid lands that come in tapped like Dimir Guildgate. A few suggestions would be Command Tower, Choked Estuary, Darkwater Catacombs, Drowned Catacomb, Tainted Isle, Underground River, Watery Grave.
I hope that was helpful! Here's a link to my The Scarab God commander deck which has a pretty similar zombie tribal theme to what you have. Take a look through it and maybe you'll find more cards that I forgot to mention. If you have any questions don't be afraid to ask!
2 months ago
Telepathy and Need for Speed. They're only one mana, and both feel bad to waste enchantment removal on. I put Telepathy in every deck I can, and Need for Speed in everything outside of Boros, and are frequently one of the best cards on my side of the field. Plus, Need for Speed is literally the best card in my Korvold, Fae-Cursed King lands deck.
3 months ago
have you considered Mnemonic Betrayal? i think this card is great value.
also the name of your deck would make me want to run Telepathy even though it is not as good as gitaxian probe.
and Retreat to Coralhelm is another way to see your topdeck after your draw step.
cheers and keep having fun!
3 months ago
I immediately also went to the knowledge part of this card; getting to know your opponents' every draw is powerful (PS: I didn't notice at first it said each player plays with top card revealed, that does put a slight damper on the knowledge advantage). While you could just play Telepathy and know their hand, this card is also an evasive attacker and blocker that is moderately hard to kill. Because you can play cards off the top of the library and not just cast, you can also use it to choke people out of land drops by playing their lands - and since the activation is generic mana you can at the very least always use those lands for something.
I'm not sure if it's overpowered as Funkydiscogod claims, as it is a 6 CMC, but it is definitely powerful.
4 months ago
Things I'd cut: Frost Marsh just a tap land, not worth it
Spire of Industry not enough artifact to turn it on early and you don't really need it late
Diabolic Tutor too slow, you'll be drawing so many cards anyway
Karn's Temporal Sundering also slow and expensive, you'd need upwards of 10 mana to make this thing worth it
Folio of Fancies nonbo with much of the discard stuff, and mill is not the way this deck wins so why let your opponents keep extra cards?
Exquisite Blood same deal, you don't really need lifegain and at 5 mana youd rather play nek himself
Psychosis Crawler this one's a hot take, but in a deck dedicated to making your opponents draw, he is looking for the opposite. Also 5 mana is neks spot.
Niv-Mizzet, Parun casting cost is fucking rough, but this is a maybe cuz he is really strong
Psychic Corrosion same deal as folio about this not being a mill deck
Sangromancer you don't need much life gain
Spark Double not sure what you're copying, an extra nek is nice but doesn't seem like that huge of a difference, nothing else seems worth it.
Torbran, Thane of Red Fell triple red is tough and he doesn't really change the clock that much. This is more a matter of preference though
Mission Briefing you're almost certainly using this for a wheel but why not just run another wheel and not have to pay an extra UU?
Before I say what I'd add specifically, in general I think you need a little more speed, a few more lands and a lot more interaction. 2 counters, 2 spot removal, and 3 board wipes does not feel like enough, especially for a relatvely slow deck that doesn't combo out. I would add a mix of 4-5 spot removal and counter spells and 4 more lands before even looking at any of the cards below.
Cards I would add:
Another land or two in addition to the above. Your commander is 5 mana after all and your average CMC is over 3. Average CMC times 10 or 11 is my baseline for lands
Curiosity stellar, cheap card draw
Nightscape Familiar effectively a mana dork, helps with the speed
Whirlpool Warrior another wheel
Archfiend of Ifnir pet card, turns wheels into board wipes
Vision Skeins fun card, works perfectly with your strategy